Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques (27929 Views)

Sultan Declares Wednesday June 28th Eid l Kabir / Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Sighting Of Crescent, declares Friday Eid-ul-fitr / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Perfecttouchade: 8:33am On Jul 24, 2020
The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, has declared Friday July 31 as Eid-el-Kabir Sallah day and urged Muslims to observe prayers in mosques.

Abubakar, also the President General Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA), made the call in a statement signed by Prof. Sambo Junaidu, Chairman Advisory Committee on Religious Affairs,Sultanate Council issued to newsmen on Thursday in Sokoto.

The statement reads: “In view of the current situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Sultan hereby advises all District Heads and Imams in Sokoto State, to observe Eid prayers at their Juma’at Mosques.

This, in their respective towns and villages and not at Eid Grounds. Also the Muslim Communities throughout the country to do same to help curb the spread of COVID-19 pandemic in the country.

“The Sultan declared Friday, July 31, as the 10th day of Dhul-Hijja 1441 AH and the day of Eid-el-Kabir for the year” statement said.

He felicitates with the Nigeria Muslim Ummah and wishes them Allah’s guidance and blessings.

Abubakar urged Muslim to continue to pray for peace, progress and development of the country, while wishing them happy Eid-el-Kabir.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/sultan-declares-friday-sallah-day-urges-muslims-to-pray-in-mosques/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Ahmed0336(m): 8:38am On Jul 24, 2020
Nice....

Friday - Monday public holidays confirmed!!!!

Allah ya nuna mana ranan ya kuma sa ayi acikin sa'a.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Perfecttouchade: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2020
Greetings to all Muslim brothers and sisters.. Happy celebration to you all

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by fatymore(f): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2020
Aliamdulilahi Robil Alamin

Sincerely I need you guys to patronize me so I can plum for that day.

Massive sales to me biznillahi

May Allah spares our lives beyond that day.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Whothecapfits: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
Masha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Johnson99: 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
see below
Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by saheedbadmus(m): 12:11pm On Jul 24, 2020
Aku ipalemo odun o

4 Likes

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Abdulhakeem78(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
May Allah accept it from you and me as an act of ibaadah. Remember to purify your intentions in the coming Eid. Allah doesn't need the blood of the ram you have wished to slaughter, neither its mutton. But the rightful intention to follow His commandments. Happy Eidul Adha in advance and Juma'ah Mubarak to you all.

14 Likes

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by abdullahi45: 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
May Allah grant us safety and cleanse the world of the present pandemic. Aameen

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Abuklaw(m): 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
May Allah ease our affairs and take covid 19 away from us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Rainbow219(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
Alan
Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Rainbow219(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2020
Alhamdulillah

3 Likes

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by ThatFairGuy1: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2020
Eidu mubaarak to all Muslim ummah in advance

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by oluadex99(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2020
Okk

1 Like

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by aycorporat(m): 12:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
I love this religion.

A traditional ruler stays somewhere and declares when the next festive period will be.

Nice one

15 Likes

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Harbeeorlar(m): 12:26pm On Jul 24, 2020
Eid Mubarak in adavance

1 Like

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by ThatFairGuy1: 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Ok
So? What's the essence of your post
Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Glaswegian: 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2020
aycorporat:
I love this religion.

A traditional ruler stays somewhere and declares when the next festive period will be.

Nice one

It is the traditional ruler that declares for UK and US - where Muslims there are also celebrating eid same day - too abi?

Don’t be ignorant. There is a system on ground, he is only the mouthpiece as the leader. Since 2019, we all already knew this eid will either be July 31 or August 1.

Globally.

It is about moon sighting. He is only the mouthpiece.

Islam has its own calendar (lunar calendar) with its own month counting system, still 12 months. Only that no month is 31. Either 29 or 30, depending on when the moon is sighted. We already know that the day for this eid is 10th day of the 12th month.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by money121(m): 12:41pm On Jul 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by gungab(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2020
Meeenh

Hope ram blood go flow sha

1 Like

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by chuose2: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2020
the founder of Islam, mohammed married a 6yr old

Hadith Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64:

the Prophet MARRIED HER WHEN SHE WAS SIX YEARS OLD and
he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old,
and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death).

Jesus has NO SIN

Hebrews 4
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens,
JESUS THE SON OF GODd, let us hold fast our profession.

15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities;
but was in all points tempted like as we are, YET WITHOUT SIN.

Mohammed was not given a promise of salvation,
neither him nor his followers have a promise of salvation

Surah 46:9
Say, "I am not something original among the messengers,
nor do I know what will be done with me or with you. "

Jesus promised salvation to whoever believes in Him

John 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

neither was Mohammed given the ability to perform miracles,
So becos of that allah hates the blind & deaf

SURA 8:22
Lo! the WORST OF BEASTS in Allah's sight are the deaf, the dumb,

Jesus healed people which was not given to Mohammed

Matthew 15
29 And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.

[30] And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were LAME, BLIND, DUMB, MAIMED, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet;
and HE HEALED THEM:

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by BigBizzy(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
Pray in mosque?

Is the pandemic over all of a sudden?

1 Like

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by aycorporat(m): 1:01pm On Jul 24, 2020
Glaswegian:

It is the traditional ruler that declares for UK and US - where Muslims there are also celebrating eid same day - too abi?

Don’t be ignorant. There is a system on ground, he is only the mouthpiece as the leader. Since 2019, we all already knew this eid will either be July 31 or August 1.

Globally.

It is about moon sighting. He is only the mouthpiece.

Islam has its own calendar (lunar calendar) with its own month counting system, still 12 months. Only that no month is 31. Either 29 or 30, depending on when the moon is sighted. We already know that the day for this eid is 10th day of the 12th month.
You would have simply made your point without the abuse. pele tie.

1 Like

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by tamdun: 1:03pm On Jul 24, 2020
This is like Pope declaring Dec 25 Xmas day, we already know sallah day sir thanks

1 Like

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Oizee(f): 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
bencardovil:
please seek for knowledge before you comment, every Muslims knows the festivities day including when to fast, he is only a mouthpiece. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by DuBLINGreenb(m): 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
Why

2 Likes

Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by dmjinc(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2020
Allahu Akbar. cool
Re: Sultan Declares Friday Sallah Day, Urges Muslims To Pray In Mosques by Flairoqy(m): 2:54pm On Jul 24, 2020
aycorporat:

You would have simply made your point without the abuse. pele tie.
You were literally ignorant about the fact, and he had to school you but let you know you were ignorant first, I don't think that's an insult.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" / Cousin Marriage in Islam / What You Need To Know About Maryam, The Mother Of Prophet Isa (jesus)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.