Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,070 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" (28026 Views)

Nothing Must Happen To MURIC Director, Call Alaroye To Order! / Assault On Lautech Muslim Lady: MURIC Asks Oyo Govt To Investigate. / Muric To Hold A Press Conference On Firdaus Amasa's Hijab Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Lukgaf(m): 11:39am On Jul 15, 2021
An Islamic human rights organisation, the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has kicked against the dates picked by the Nigerian Law School for the screening of its call-to-bar candidates. The Law School had picked 19th and 21st to screen the fresh law graduates. MURIC described the dates as anti-Muslim.

This was contained in a statement issued by the group’s director, Professor Ishaq Akintola on Thursday, 15th July, 2021.

The statement reads:

“The Nigerian Law School has scheduled the screening exercise for its fresh graduates for 19 th and 21 st July, 2021. This is in spite of the widely publicised dates of the Muslim festival of Id Al-Adha (Salah) which are 19th, 20th and 21st July, 2021. The message on the Law School portal showed that 19th and 21st July 2021 are the screening dates while 28th and 29th July are for call to bar.

“Considering the fact that 20th is now known to be the real date of Salah and the Federal Government is certain to declare two days as holidays, the two screening dates (19th and 21st July) picked by the Law School are too close to call. Afterall, Muslim faithfuls are expected to travel to their home states inorder to meet members of their families just as Christians do during Christmas.

“By sandwiching Salah day between its two screening dates, Law School has deliberately created inconvenience for its fresh Muslim graduates as well as its Muslim staff. The school has also encroached upon the public holiday declared by the Federal Government.
“It is a most unfriendly, uncharitable and unhospitable act. It is undisguised manifestation of malice and an open declaration of hostility against Nigerian Muslims. How on earth are Muslims involved in the screening exercise expected to join their families to mark the Salah, particularly those who have to travel long distances?

“But are there no other options? Were those options explored at all? Must the screenings be done on 19th and 21st July unfailingly? Were there no Muslims among those who fixed the date? Did anyone call attention to the implications of the chosen dates for the Nigerian Muslim population?

“These are questions begging for answers and only the Council of Legal Education can provide answers. We therefore appeal to the Council to do its findings and call the Law School to order.

“The action of the Law School constitutes a gross violation of Allah-given fundamental human rights of Muslim candidates who are expected to attend the screening. It is unlawful, illegal, illegitimate and unconstitutional to fix any official function, exercise, examination or screening on a public holiday. Law School can be challenged in a court of competent jurisdiction by any Muslim candidate who missed the screening, particularly on 21st July, 2021 because it is a public holiday. Any screening done on a recognised public holiday can be declared null, void and of no validity whatsoever.

“We therefore call on Muslim candidates affected by this draconian screening schedule not to panic. We advise them to simply ignore the screening of 21st July and enjoy their Salah holiday. It is their right and their right is their right. Nobody, not even ‘almighty’ Law School, can deprive them of it. We charge the Muslim lawyers to dust their law books and be prepared for a long legal battle on this matter. MURIC may have to challenge Law School in court if any Muslim candidate is illegally disqualified.

“Gone are those days when Nigerian Muslims were led by their noses. Today, we refuse to be intimidated. We will no longer kowtow to the pooh-pooh of our oppressors. We will use every legitimate means available to secure freedom for millions of Nigerian Muslims wallowing under the repression of their religious freedom.

“Law School must know where Nigerian Muslims are coming from. Our Salah days were taken from us by the colonial master. No holidays were declared for Muslim festivals during the days of Christian British colonial rule. But Christmas was marked with holidays, funfare, pomp and pageantry, all at the expense of tax payers and from our common patrimony.

“What Nigerian Muslims suffered under the Christian British imperialists is akin to what the blacks went through in apartheid South Africa. Nigerian Muslims went to school on Salah days. Public offices were opened for work and no Muslim civil servant dared to be absent. We began to secure our civil liberties gradually after independence.

“The struggle for liberty for Nigerian Muslims is the greatest test for democracy in contemporary Nigeria. Meanwhile, the genuineness of our democratic claims will depend on whether or not, and the extent to which, Nigerian elites are willing to allow Muslims to enjoy the dividends of democracy.

“We, therefore, urge the Law School to join hands with us in the struggle for freedom, equal rights, justice and equity. This can only be done if all stakeholders in the Nigerian Project jettison all vestiges of colonial mentality. Anything else will not fly. Our message to the Law School is ‘Don’t sandwich Salah day. Let the Muslims go’.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2021/07/muric-to-law-school-dont-sandwich-salah.html?m=1

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by nzeobi(m): 12:12pm On Jul 15, 2021
This bandit muric has formed a habit of never looking at issues based on merit or it's seriousness but always from myopic angles.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Tiiitoo: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
Always in competition with Christians. Why not demand for an Islamic Republic like Pakistan, Iran etc

72 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by AntiChristian: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2021
See the tolerant Christians above me. Is this how Jesus of the Bible behaved or na so ya pastors teach una?

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Tiiitoo: 8:57pm On Jul 15, 2021
AntiChristian:
See the tolerant Christians above me. Is this how Jesus of the Bible behaved or na so ya pastors teach una?

What is there to be tolerant about when your Religion consider others as infidels as such should be killed or treated as second class citizens.
Always complaining about how they want democracy and secularism when they are in the minority but when they attain majority status they want SHARIA.

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:
This Professor of Terror is not different from an animal in which allah is waiting to suck it blood coming next week Tuesday
They always have problems with everyone, including themselves
Shiite vs Sunni

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by 2dominate: 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Watch and see how the delusional folks will try to derail this

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by 2dominate: 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2021
Tiiitoo:

What is there to be tolerant about when your Religion consider others as infidels as such should be killed or treated as second class citizens.
Always complaining about how they want democracy and secularism when they are in the minority but when they attain majority status they want SHARIA.
You just typed trash

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 6:25am On Jul 16, 2021
2dominate:

You just typed trash

What is trash about what he has said?
Even your pedophile leader Ahmed was preaching peace and tolerance when he was a minority in Mecca but once he attained majority status in Medina he became a tyrant. Asking non Muslims to either be killed or accept Islam or pay Jizya

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 6:27am On Jul 16, 2021
AntiChristian:

Are you tolerant? Did you know Jesus at all? Do patronise anyone with tolerance here abdool. Go and cover the holes in your evil hoely Koran

23 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 6:28am On Jul 16, 2021
Tiiitoo:
Always in competition with Christians. Why not demand for an Islamic Republic like Pakistan, Iran etc

They've been asking for it o, what do you think bokoharam and Fulani herdsmen bandits are all about?

15 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 6:29am On Jul 16, 2021
MURIC the media arm of bokoharam

24 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by 2dominate: 7:03am On Jul 16, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

What is trash about what he has said?
Even your pedophile leader Ahmed was preaching peace and tolerance when he was a minority in Mecca but once he attained majority status in Medina he became a tyrant. Asking non Muslims to either be killed or accept Islam or pay Jizya
If you want to have a reasonable conversation with me then you must not use offensive words else I'll ignore you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2021
2dominate:

If you want to have a reasonable conversation with me then you must not use offensive words else I'll ignore you

Ok, let's have a reasonable convo. Agree?

4 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by 2dominate: 7:11am On Jul 16, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Ok, let's have a reasonable convo. Agree?
Okay, so what do you want to know about Islam ?
Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2021
2dominate:

Also can you highlight the goof in 3
Congealed blood or a cloth of blood grin

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 8:54am On Jul 16, 2021
2dominate:
No 2
I intentionally skipped the first one for now
1- As muslims we are encouraged to begin our every actions by the name of Allah, and for the 'Basmallah' to appear at the beginning of every Surah it surely has some significance, some of which are as follows:
The Quran been a treasure of divine knowledge to which access cannot be had without the special favour of God (None shall touch it but the purified (56/80)).Bismillah has been added to the beginning of evsry chapter of the Holy Quran to remind a muslim that in order to have access to, and benefit by, the treasures of divine knowledge contained in the Holy Quran. He should not only approach it with with a pure heart but should also constantly invoke the help of God.
2- Another importance of it is that. It is a key to the meaning of each individual chapter of the Holy Quran, as all questions affecting moral and spiritual matters are related in one way or the other fo the fundamental Divine attributes Rahmaniyyah (grace) and Rahimiyyah (mercy). Thus each chapter, in fact, forms a detailed exposition of some aspects of the Divine attributes mentioned in the verse
I have serious issues with this take.
1. Who added it to every surah? Why?
2. The question is about why Allah begin every surah with bismilah not why Muslims say bismilah.
Remember I said concise this long story about nothing makes no sense bro.

PS: why did you not tag me to know that you have responded to my question? Are you trying to dodge me?

12 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by 2dominate: 8:55am On Jul 16, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Al right, I want to know these things
1. If Quran was written (produced) by Allah an Al knowing God why did Allah say that Alexander the Great travelled to the place of the setting of the sun and found the sun setting in a murky water?
2. Why did Allah always start surah with in the name of Allah?
3. Why did Allah goof in his embryology claim in the Qur'an?
4. Why did Allah call Allah the best of creators if Allah is the only creator?
5. Why is almost everything reveal to Ahmed by Allah through jibreel are just to please Ahmed (reference Aishat say "Mohamed is the ethic of the Quran in one of the Hadiths)
6. Why was the Meccan revelations sublte and Medina revelations violent?
7. Why did Quran claim that the kitab of the Jews Nad Christians were sent to them by Allah and was protected by Allah from error in one hand and then claims that it has been corrupted by the Jews Rabbis and the Christian teachers in another hand?
8. How can Allah expect Muslims to be truthful in one hand and Allah sanction Taqiya in another hand?
9. Why is Allah always revealing verses to Ahmed in the defend Ahmed? At least Allah should reveal to another person to defend his apostle grin
10. Why is Allah not sure about what he would do to Muslims (reference - Allah always say maybe Allah will forgive your past, present and future sins grin
11. Oh lemme stop here and give you time to respond

PS: let your responses to each of these questions be relevant and concise
Also for 6 the meccan chapters been subtle and the medinite chapters been "violent" as you claim. Makes it very easy to determine your motive for asking such, but i will like you to judge without any prejudice, were the muslims even after migration to medina more than the meccans in numbers, and were they also well equipped with arms etc ?

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 8:59am On Jul 16, 2021
2dominate:

Also for 6 the meccan chapters been subtle and the medinite chapters been "violent" as you claim. Makes it very easy to determine your motive for asking such, but i will like you to judge without any prejudice, were the muslims even after migration to medina more than the meccans in numbers, and were they also well equipped with arms etc ?

You're making this very difficult for yourself not me. Give answers in a single response so that I can respond to it. I understand that you Muslims love to change topics once you're boxed in to a corner but please do it if you must with dignity and wisdom.
The question is why are the Meccan surahs subtle and the Medina surahs violent not about the number of migrants and their army of bandits

My name is abdoolbuster, I'm here to burst all your bubbles stop dillydalying and dancing around the question attach the question please and make it concise short, simple and easy to understand

18 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by 2dominate: 9:01am On Jul 16, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

I have serious issues with this take.
1. Who added it to every surah? Why?
2. The question is about why Allah begin every surah with bismilah not why Muslims say bismilah.
Remember I said concise this long story about nothing makes no sense bro.

PS: why did you not tag me to know that you have responded to my question? Are you trying to dodge me?
Okay
1- every chapter of the Holy Quran that begins with Bismillah was revealed in such way.
To constantly remind muslims that Divine help is need benefit from the Quran.

1 Like

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 9:03am On Jul 16, 2021
2dominate:

Okay
1- every chapter of the Holy Quran that begins with Bismillah was revealed in such way.
To constantly remind muslims that Divine help is need benefit from the Quran.
Remind them? So Allah was also reminding himself? Make it make sense sir. Please do that for the sake of other people who want to learn the good (if any) about Islam

11 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by 2dominate: 9:04am On Jul 16, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

You're making this very difficult for yourself not me. Give answers in a single response so that I can respond to it. I understand that you Muslims love to change topics once you're boxed in to a corner but please do it if you must with dignity and wisdom.
The question is why are the Meccan surahs subtle and the Medina surahs violent not about the number of migrants and their army of bandits

My name is abdoolbuster, I'm here to burst all your bubbles stop dillydalying and dancing around the question attach the question please and make it concise short, simple and easy to understand
My answer to that is that i can't find any violent verses in the Holy Quran. You can as well do good by pointing it out fully for me Mr abdoolbuster

2 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by Abdoolbuster: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2021
2dominate:

While I'm preparing the response/responses to these misunderstandings, I would like you to know that all these are secondary beliefs, for every thing forms gradually, so it will be better if you acquaint yourself with the basics
We are still on question 2 and you have made about 4 unrelated comments. Don't forget that you jumped question 1 o grin

Abdoobuster na here you go sleep

6 Likes

Re: MURIC To Law School: "Do Not Sandwich Salah Day For Us" by 2dominate: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2021
Abdoolbuster:

Remind them? So Allah was also reminding himself? Make it make sense sir. Please do that for the sake of other people who want to learn the good (if any) about Islam
I'm sure you know well that the book is for humans guidance and not the other way round

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cousin Marriage in Islam / What You Need To Know About Maryam, The Mother Of Prophet Isa (jesus)? / Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.