Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated (28705 Views)

Ismaila Isa Funtua Is Dead / Isa Funtua: It’s An Insult To Suggest Me As Abba Kyari’s Replacement / Emefiele Bowing Down For Samaila Isa Funtua, Buhari Cabal Member - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by ogododo: 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Femi Falana, has claimed Isa Funtua, an ally of President Muhammadu Buhari, boasted that the current “regime” cannot be defeated.

Falana also revealed he rejected a request for him to apologize to Buhari, when Sahara Reporters publisher, Omoyele Sowore, was in detention.

He disclosed this in a statement released on Thursday.

Sowore was detained in August 2019 ahead of #RevolutionNow, a nationwide protest against the government.

A delegation led by the late Funtua, reportedly visited Sowore while he was in detention, to “negotiate conditions” for his release.

After Funtua died on Monday, Sowore posted a video on Twitter, where he described Funtua as an “arrogant man” who asked him to “abandon the struggle” in exchange for his release.

However, presidential spokesperson, Garba Shehu, who was part of the delegation, accused Sowore of “attacking a dead soul”.

In reaction, Falana who is Sowore’s lawyer has accused Shehu of attempting to twist what happened during the meetings.

“I confirm that I held a meeting with the trio referred to by Mr. Shehu even though he did not mention my name. Hence, I am compelled to react to a couple of issues raised in his incendiary account. More so that he did not attend the Lagos meeting. For reasons best known to Mr. Shehu, he refused to inform the Nigerian people that I rejected the gratuitous request to prevail on Mr. Sowore to apologise to President Muhammadu Buhari and write an undertaking to desist from further embarrassing the federal government,” part of the statement read.

He added: “Mr. Shehu ought to have equally disclosed that I demanded for the unconditional release of my client from the unlawful incarceration of the State Security Service. In fact, when the late Alhaji Isa Funtua said rather condescendingly at the Lagos meeting that the regime in power could not be defeated, I was quick to remind him that the Nigerian people had defeated military dictators to pave way for the current civilian dispensation.”

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/24/buharis-ally-isa-funtua-boasted-that-his-regime-cannot-be-defeated-falana/

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by 360degreess(m): 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
Show respect to the dead you Oldman. We know it is because pmb refused to make you minister of justice that's why you are always attacking his government.

32 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by felixtare(m): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2020
360degreess:
Show respect to the dead you Oldman

get out of here you donkey

411 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by ogododo: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
Nobody death no fit defeat

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by 360degreess(m): 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2020
felixtare:

.. Am not responsible for your frustration and failure in life.

27 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by gasparpisciotta: 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2020
All power belongs to God.

Where is Isa Funtua today?

No one knows what tomorrow will bring?

Year 2020 has been a year of revelation...eyes are opening.

133 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by Freestainworld(m): 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2020
human being boast as if they own life and death, Funtua left a disgraceful national legacy before he died, by now he will competing with Satan on who owns the hell fire through boasting.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by Flyingngel(m): 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2020
Now today where is he?
He couldn't defect death.
Too bad.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by ogododo: 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2020
Freestainworld:
human being boast as if they own life and death, Funtua left a disgraceful national legacy before he died, by now he will competing with Satan on who owns the hell fire through boasting.
God de laugh at stupidity of men

26 Likes

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by ogododo: 11:07pm On Jul 24, 2020
I listened to his arrogancy on Arise Tv, boasting of who will not get power....

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by Wigetsolar: 11:57pm On Jul 24, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked undecided
Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by donttouchme: 4:00am On Jul 25, 2020
Somebody should post funtua's interview with arise tv. The man was an arrogant, boastful and prideful. If only politician's will learn that life is too short and make good use of little time they hv...

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 25, 2020
It's really sad that nothing good is being said about Buhari's henchmen after their demise..

What really have they gained?..

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by GboyegaD(m): 4:02am On Jul 25, 2020
Hmmm...... If only he remembered he was a mere mortal.

16 Likes

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by GOFRONT(m): 4:03am On Jul 25, 2020
Shey una the see why I always cry to God to rather kill a Nigerian politician instead of killing a North Korean President..

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by OtemAtum: 4:03am On Jul 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:03am On Jul 25, 2020
I don't pity all these jihadists when they die because they were complacent or silent when their comrades were wrecking havoc on ALL NIGERIANS and did or said nothing

For them to rise up to whatever rank they have under such pro boko haram pro Fulani herds men regime it means they have enough skeletons in their cupboards

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by Dealdean: 4:03am On Jul 25, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by starbuck(f): 4:04am On Jul 25, 2020
He should better do wonders from the great beyond so this regime won't be defeated else we won't allow him to rest peacefully..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by mjabdulk: 4:06am On Jul 25, 2020
I wonder why these issues were not coming out when isa funtua was alive until after his demise. Now. he is dead how can defend himself from the alleged words labelled against him?

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by Nobody: 4:07am On Jul 25, 2020
felixtare:

donkey is even better as a name. Truth pinches deeper than needles.

Abba kyari boasted more than funtua in his lifetime, almost converting himself to vp. How osinbajo survived kyari's evil acts still amazes me. He almost sacked the VP from office. Only the dead who deserved to be respected while on earth would be shown one and whatever their deeds done while on earth, would determine their afterlife...hell or heaven.

Everyone who has contributed to the destruction of this country by causing or sponsoring chaos and terrorism which have caused fears everywhere and those who have caused our youths perpetual job loss as a result of corruption, nepotism and embezzlement would all receive their rewards this year, not next. As mask wearing and robust medical care didn't save those already gone who were in the above categories, it still won't save them. Its a pay back period. It's karma at work.

108 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by fasho01(m): 4:10am On Jul 25, 2020
The folly of man is in thinking he has eternity in his grasp

22 Likes

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by Yankee101: 4:10am On Jul 25, 2020
Man proposes but God disposes

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by OmoDavido(m): 4:13am On Jul 25, 2020
It is well

GET A 3D LOGO DESIGN FOR YOUR BRAND OR BUSINESS. PRICE IS 2K EACH. YOU GET BOTH THE RAW FILE AND PNG/JPEG FILE. MY WHATSAPP LINK IS IN MY SIGNATURE.
Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by Felixalex(m): 4:15am On Jul 25, 2020
mjabdulk:
I wonder why these issues were not coming out when isa funtua was alive until after his demise. Now. he is dead how can defend himself from the alleged words labelled against him?

Hmmm
Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by bigfish3k: 4:21am On Jul 25, 2020
Humans should stop boasting because nobody knows tomorrow

12 Likes

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by seunlayi(m): 4:21am On Jul 25, 2020
Their wàhálà
Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by flyingpig: 4:22am On Jul 25, 2020
360degreess:
[s]Show respect to the dead you Oldman. We know it is because pmb refused to make you minister of justice that's why you are always attacking his government[/s].
Isa Funtua will rot in hell

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:22am On Jul 25, 2020
From all of us @ [color=#006600][/color] : Continue to Rest in perfect peace Isa Funtua.

He was a good man.
He lived a good life.

One day, we all gonna die!

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by bigfish3k: 4:23am On Jul 25, 2020
mjabdulk:
If good things were said about him you wouldn't write this
This is just a preamble to the final judgment he will get in heaven.

It's always good to live a good life while alife.
Humans should stop boasting because no one knows tomorrow

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by SweetJoystick(m): 4:34am On Jul 25, 2020
Where is the boaster now? 2 cabal members gone within months

7 Likes

Re: Falana: Isa Funtua Boasted That His Regime Cannot Be Defeated by anochuko01(m): 4:41am On Jul 25, 2020
his other gang members are coming to meet him wherever he is...

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

8 Key Points In Atiku’s Acceptance Speech (PDP Presidential Primary) / Buhari Is Campaigning Against Tinubu — Odinkalu / Magatakarda And Yari Visits Bola Tinubu In London - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.