Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign (8565 Views)

Garba Shehu: Buhari Is Ahead Of Obasanjo In All Fields Of National Development / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Children Have Right To Use Presidential Jet / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Cabal Aren’t Hungry People, They Are Respectable Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:39pm On Jul 24, 2020
The Presidency on Friday says the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.) , will not resign .
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity , Garba Shehu, said Buhari was determined to continue the fight against corruption.
Shehu said this in a statement titled “ PDP gripped by undemoractic pandemic ” which he made available to journalists on Friday.

The presidential aide was reacting to a statement attributed to the national chairman of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, Uche Secondus, calling for Buhari’ s resignation.
He accused the PDP of promoting what he called undemocratic values at a time the world is united in fighting a common enemy.

The statement read, “ At a time when the whole world is unifying to confront a common enemy, Nigeria’s opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP has launched a whirlwind campaign promoting undemocratic values , the latest manifestation of which is the call for President Muhammadu Buhari ’s resignation for allowing audits and investigation into several agencies of government , including the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission , EFCC.

“ Based on the statement issued by the embattled chairman of the Party, Prince Uche Secondus, it is clear that they would have liked the President to not investigate but to cover things up : to not wake the sleeping lion as voiced by another of their leaders.

“ In a democracy, an opposition party is as critical to the system as the ruling party but in the case of Nigeria, the leading party in opposition is afflicted by a life-threatening sickness , the undemocratic pandemic as a result of which they are trading away the nation’ s democratic values.

“ The PDP government which exited the stage five years ago through a democratic election by voters dissatisfied with corruption on an industrial scale , policy paralysis , obsolete and decaying essential infrastructure appears to have forgotten the reason for their stunning defeat and seem hell - bent on the fooling the nation , yet again for another ride to power .

“ President Buhari will not resign . He is determined to continue the crusade against corruption , both legacy and recently unearthed cases, that are found to be shabbily handled , and in some cases unattended to by past administrations. The National Assembly, by virtue of its right to conduct its oversight function is currently carrying out own investigations. Additionally , the security and intelligence agencies are equally doing their part and must be given the time and space to conclude their work and present their reports.

“ The PDP cannot scare the government from probing the grave allegations made against MDAs and their chiefs because , failure to do so will amount to a historic betrayal of public trust .
“ The PDP cannot subject Nigeria’ s democracy to subterranean attacks and continue to pretend that they are well- meaning .”

source: https://punchng.com/buhari-wont-resign-presidency-replies-pdp/

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by XXXXTENTACION: 11:20pm On Jul 24, 2020
Buhari should just resign abeg undecided

buhari has really failed in terms of insecurity and corruption.

we need a strong and active leader like Idris Derby of Chad to help us fight insecurity undecided

but sha he will not resign and many souls will still be lost to boko haram and other insecurities.

¿ cool %

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by yarimo(m): 12:39am On Jul 25, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Buhari should just resign abeg undecided

buhari has really failed in terms of insecurity and corruption.

we need a strong and active leader like Idris Derby of Chad to help us fight insecurity undecided

but sha he will not resign and many souls will still be lost to boko haram and other insecurities.

¿ cool %

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Yankee101: 12:40am On Jul 25, 2020
If he can't do right by God, conscience and country, corona will do the needful

6 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Enemyofpeace: 4:01am On Jul 25, 2020
Him no fit resign nau as him no get shame for body

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Tomtomy98: 4:04am On Jul 25, 2020
No politician can resign in Nigeria

Impossible

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by GboyegaD(m): 4:04am On Jul 25, 2020
Him tenure go soon finish anyhow. At least, if he no resign at the end of him tenure he go sha comot.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by faithy29: 4:04am On Jul 25, 2020
Why will he resign? He has not violated any rule.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by fasho01(m): 4:06am On Jul 25, 2020
Resignation is a foreign concept we don't want to emulate in this country..

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Felixalex(m): 4:06am On Jul 25, 2020
Can he even write a resignation letter?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:06am On Jul 25, 2020
I can't wait for Buhari to leave office

I just pray Nigerians have become smarter

Don't be fooled by promises of change from old cabal men it will surely end in tears

Don't vote based on tribal and religious sentiment see how Benue, Katsina and Kaduna people are paying the ultimate price for their foolishness, we are all suffering it but they are being macheted to death on their land daily by herdsmen from the caliphate

I'm not a fan of GEJ but we must admit the evil people claimed Jonathan is not a Muslim he is not a northerner so he doesn't care about Boko haram but under him schools were built up and Nigerian army recorded the most victories against Boko haram and killer herdsmen weren't Nationalised

When I knew Nigeria had made a mistake was when Jona said my reelection is not worth the blood of any Nigerian whereas Buhari promised blood

Also when GEJ conceded defeat you people want strong leader wey no dey here word and who imprisons Journalists, Una call GEJ woman wrapper, can you remember any journalist GEJ imprisoned for insulting him? But under Buhari common Lie Muhammad and other Buhari's boys where imprisoning people left right and center who spoke against them, without trial, even when court says "free them" or grants them bail they will be re arrested in the court room or the court premises before the judge even leaves his/her seat, so enjoy your Buhari.

If Una like no take corrections

Vote young people don't vote PDP or APC nothing good can come out of them we have seen their best let us try others.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by starbuck(f): 4:06am On Jul 25, 2020
Power is transient, so is just a matter of time...

Besides, remember that death is hovering around una like an ant infested firewood undecided undecided

I won't say more

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Kelamma(m): 4:07am On Jul 25, 2020
Will you keep quiet! It took your master five years to look into the activities of his boy Magu and you are proudly opening your mouth waaaaaaaa! My friend, the truth is that Nigerians jumped from frying pan to fire where Buhari is concerned. What an expected disappointment the modern Pharaoh is.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by VirginSearcher(m): 4:09am On Jul 25, 2020
Una say this person I'm seeing is Buhari.. so people become fresh and younger at old age I don't really know what is going on in this country

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by mcquin(m): 4:09am On Jul 25, 2020
Shame! Why not address the reason PDP is calling for his resignation?

Nigeria voted out PDP because of insecurity and corruption, but today we still have same insecurity and corruption plaquing Nigeria. To worsen issues, APC now added extreme poverty, unemployment and hunger to the equation.

So Mr. Shehu tell us why Buhari should continue his stay when there still is insecurity, corruption and now poverty.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by OmoDavido(m): 4:13am On Jul 25, 2020
The money they are embezzling won't allow them to think about resigning. I tire o

GET A 3D LOGO DESIGN FOR YOUR BRAND OR BUSINESS. PRICE IS 2K EACH. YOU GET BOTH THE RAW FILE AND PNG/JPEG FILE. MY WHATSAPP LINK IS IN MY SIGNATURE.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:21am On Jul 25, 2020
Garba Shehu get time to respond to this foolish and stupid party sha!

The PDP calls for the resignation of the President. How silly!
Nobody expects the PDP to provide ideas on good governance going by their inglorious past and antecedents.
We only reiterate that the PDP stays quiet while the President Muhammadu Buhari administration clear the rot they foisted on the country.
Hahahaha grin cheesy wink.
Any other party or reasonable Nigerians can come out to talk.
Not the party that took our country 100 years back at the period we made the highest profits/revenues in the history of our nation.

We love that 'PDP Stay Quiet' line dieee!
In other words, STFU!! tongue grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by mjabdulk: 4:23am On Jul 25, 2020
Garba Shehu knows not what will happen in a blink of eyes not to talk of tomorrow. you may not be there when Buhari may decide to leave office honourably.

if Buhari will not resign as acclaimed by you, can you be able to stop death if it wishes to resign him when its time reaches as it happened to Abacha, Yaradua, Murtala here in Nigeria and other countries across the world?

whether he resigns now or not what I know with certainty he will leave the office one day whether he likes it or not, better tell him to do the needful things for the masses that voted him to power.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Staro: 4:34am On Jul 25, 2020

Useless president

Foolish followers

13 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Kingspin(m): 4:45am On Jul 25, 2020
Busy doing nothing.
Buhari has shown he is not patriotic. How a man who doesn't love his country will move it forward remain a nightmare.

This is not about APC, the head is headless and leading the government where we don't know yet.

Just imagine alleging 1trillion, under NDDC compare it to other ministries and agents of the government.
These guys are just competing for corruption.

He should not just resign.
He should get out of OFFICE.

5 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by bigfish3k: 4:49am On Jul 25, 2020
That's unpatriotic of him

He should resign so that we can breathe fresh air

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by bigfish3k: 4:49am On Jul 25, 2020
post=92076935:
Garba Shehu get time to respond to this foolish and stupid party sha!

Hahahaha grin cheesy wink.
Any other party or reasonable Nigerians can come out to talk.
Not the party that took our country 100 years back at the period we made the highest profits/revenues in the history of our nation.

We love that 'PDP Stays Quiet' line baje! tongue grin grin
We will love you to "stay quiet" too because you have defended so much blood shed in this government

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Chiedu4Trump: 5:06am On Jul 25, 2020
Until Fulani Herdsmen murd us all, Buhari & El-Rufai no go happy

https://twitter.com/savndaniel/status/1286672329507049475

https://twitter.com/savndaniel/status/1286657194524540928

We must stop these killings now b4 they become too powerful

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Cedarfarms: 5:19am On Jul 25, 2020
Nothing new from Garba, he's full of garbage obviously. We all know the shocked one isn't even aware of his own existence.

People like Garba rely on his present state to perpetuate their selfish agenda, and would like him to continue until death.

Nobody deems it fit to respond to the cries of southern Kaduna Christians, because to them its irrelevant.

They keep majoring on the minor, and neglecting their priorities. More like an All retrogressive Party.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Chijeep(m): 5:22am On Jul 25, 2020
Buhari be like: Me resign? Over my dead body
Dont you know that this Dullard is worse than Gaddafi of Lybia?

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Brushstrokes20: 5:31am On Jul 25, 2020
Such a useless govt of self serving, irresponsible, sadistic, satanic, discombobulated thieves!

3 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Agugbadin: 5:52am On Jul 25, 2020
PMB should just resign, Insecurity in the country is worse than what is happening in Syria.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by hatiri(m): 6:04am On Jul 25, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Una say this person I'm seeing is Buhari.. so people become fresh and younger at old age I don't really know what is going on in this country
na our money dey make him fresh wicked man

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by Oddsmaster06: 6:04am On Jul 25, 2020
What do you want us to contribute now?

Just as my eye authomatically ignore my nose, so I will ignore this

No contribution

Into staking come in

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign by sevenhundred(m): 6:33am On Jul 25, 2020
Chijeep:
Buhari be like: Me resign? Over my dead body
Dont you know that this Dullard is worse than Gaddafi of Lybia?
how can you compares pmb to Gaddafi? please do not compares even Nigeria with Libya please, Gaddafi is a good leader!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dapo Abiodun: Ritual Killers Will Face The Wrath Of The Law / President Buhari Hosts Members Of Diplomatic Corps In Aso Rock / If I run with pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.