Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? (2543 Views)

Older Nigerian Men How Did You Survive Nigeria In Your 20s / 7 Things You Should Learn To Do In Your 20s To Avoid Regrets In Your Later Life / Married But Bored And Lonely??, Meet Other Married People Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by missawele(f): 10:26am On Jul 25, 2020
I saw a post like this on reddit and thought I should create a thread here.

So, to those in their 40s and above that are happy, what is your advice to those of us in our 20s and early 30s?

What have you learnt over the years that you think can help us to live better lives?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Bignuell(m): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2020
Make i pitch my tent here wink
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by annayawchee: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2020
That 20s no just easy ooo

5 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by illicit(m): 10:35am On Jul 25, 2020
Say no to Abortion.
You are old enough to have a baby

12 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by fati2001(m): 10:39am On Jul 25, 2020
Bignuell:
grin
Bignuell:
no dy occupy my space.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Bignuell(m): 10:45am On Jul 25, 2020
grin i dey always like this kind of topic
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Bignuell(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2020
fati2001:

grin

no dy occupy my space.
cool
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by hisgrace090: 10:59am On Jul 25, 2020
My advice, mind how you associates, dress and what you do daily because your age bracket is a high target to Nigerian SARS and drug agencies.

9 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by DontBullshitMe: 11:28am On Jul 25, 2020
Learn how to read and write.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by rhemauni: 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
Use your sense always

Dont trust or depend on anyone

To succeed in life

1. u need the grace of God,
2. U need to make right choices
3. U need right contacts/connection/network

Above all believe in yourself and GOD

WORK HARD, SUCCEED OR DIE TRYING LEGITLY

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Nbotee(m): 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
Dont b a fool by d time U hit 40...
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ecclesiastes 12:1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

Love God and serve Him.
Flee youthful lusts.
invest your time in building a good legacy and impacting lives

Get a good man/woman you can spend the rest of your life with.

Build your carrier and find out legitimate way of making money and invest therein.

Not in 40s category though

6 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by LadySarah: 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
Expand your finance base now that you are still young, agile n single. Hustle without looking at anybody face.The stress of family life, marital obligations and children can make you be on a snail pace where you should be running.

Don't be one of the "I need 2k urgently " person. Get ur hands dirty.
Especially as a woman, dont go into marriage without having something tangible doing.Theres life after marriage. ALOT of Women have seen nonsense in the name of marriage.

GOD first at all times! You will look back and appreciate yourself.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by chariisGRACE(m): 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2020
I'm still in my 20s, but as a man avoid the girlfriend/boyfriend thing for now.

It is worth it. If you do it, you'll always thank yourself.

4 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by culf: 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
Avoid anything that make you sad and unhappy, as much as possible.
live your life like there is no tomorrow.
Be patient.

Be simple, gentle, humble and assessable.
Above all other things, fear God, keep his commandment.

5 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Zabiboy: 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2020

99% of successful people dont know what exactly made them successful...
They can only tell you what they think made them who they are BUT most times they are actually unknowingly wrong bcz little things( which might seem too small to be a factor and then neglected) count...

Anyways, My advice:
Education doesnt guarantee success, Money doesn't guarantee happiness...So in all you do, just make sure you are improving yourself by pointing in the right direction...Only compare yourself to yourself ( Past and Present)..Not to others...
Finally, Hope for the best, Prepare for the Worst.
GL

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2020

3 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by tolukem(f): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
My Advice for ladies in their 20s....take a chance on your self, be ambitious and earn your own keep, Have fun in a controlled and safe manner , except you can hold alcohol, don't drink especially at parties. Don't build your life around a man.... use your head when picking a life partner, your heart will get you in trouble. know the difference between a boyfriend, a fiance and an husband and treat the man as such and act accordingly. Be very mindful about the people you associate with it can make or break you.

For guys....Be ambitious surround your self with ambitious friends who are going somewhere. Have fun too, no one is asking you to be boring, but always use your head. and don't spend your substance on whores, always value character over beauty for the woman you want to settle with. This is the time to break out of controlling tendencies of your family...they want to control your life and ultimately your finances, if you don't break out now...they will controlled you for the rest of your life.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by WonderWoman5775(f): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
tolukem:
My Advice for ladies in their 20s....take a chance on your self, be ambitious and earn your own keep, Have fun in a controlled and safe manner , except you can hold alcohol, don't drink especially at parties. Don't build your life around a man.... use your head when picking a life partner, your heart will get you in trouble. know the difference between a boyfriend, a fiance and an husband and treat the man as such and act accordingly. Be very mindful about the people you associate with it can make or break you.

For guys....Be ambitious surround your self with ambitious friends who are going somewhere. Have fun too, no one is asking you to be boring, but always use your head. and don't spend your substance on whores, always value character over beauty for the woman you want to settle with. This is the time to break out of controlling tendencies of your family...they want to control your life and ultimately your finances, if you don't break out now...they will controlled you for the rest of your life.

I love this point.... Don't build your life around a man....

1 Like

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by RichBoy247: 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
No advice, if our advice worker for us, we will not be here doing e-warrior with you. We have failed, so don't let us advise you wrongly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Samfloxin(m): 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
As soon as you start making money, invest first. Forget about buying car and showing off, except that car facilitates your business.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by CandidSeeker(m): 3:59pm On Jul 25, 2020
My Advice

What was good enough for your parents may not be good enough for you.
Dedicate your youth to acquisition of knowledge.

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
-Proverbs 3:5-6

Bread of deceit is sweet to a man; but afterwards his mouth shall be filled with gravel.
-Proverbs 20:17

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
-Proverbs 17:22

What soap is to the body, laughter is to the soul.

Close associates will let you down.
Some people you love won't love you back.
Some of your good deeds will not be acknowledged or appreciated.

Don't let anyone coerce you with customs, tradition and their personal laws. Research more and follow your heart and personal conviction in making decisions.

Don't do bad for any reason; every action has a consequence.

Do things moderately.
You don't have to impress anybody.

Do your due diligence always. You can't trust people 100%, no matter how closely related.

The biggest room in the world is the room for self improvement... Keep improving yourself in every way.

Though no one is sure about what happens afterlife... It's obvious that our action and reactions in this present life will affect the destination of our spirit when it leaves our bodies.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
-Philippians 4:8

If you know this things, happy are you if you do them: Jn.13:17

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by liveyourlife007(m): 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2020
chariisGRACE:
I'm still in my 20s, but as a man avoid the girlfriend/boyfriend thing for now.

It is worth it. If you do it, you'll always thank yourself.
Please how did you get rid of that islamic oath thing. its on my profile too
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2020
always be mindful of doomsday its around the corner everywhere and every day death is much closer than u think. and lastly religion is a scam do not concern yourself with god and his angel or satan and his demons

1 Like

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by LongLife4all: 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
Not up to 40 but my advice is, never look down on anybody. Be kind to people irrespective of their physical appearance.

6 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by meobizy(f): 5:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
Always remember to never forget.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Ishilove: 5:37pm On Jul 25, 2020
Reduce the amount of time spent on social media and always resist the urge to post rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by ImaIma1(f): 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2020
Think big. Don't limit yourself to what you think you can "manage". The people with the good jobs didn't all have connections.

5 Likes

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by missjo(f): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
tolukem:
I love this kiss

1 Like

Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by chariisGRACE(m): 6:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
liveyourlife007:
Please how did you get rid of that islamic oath thing. its on my profile too

Mail the MODS.
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by Katier00(f): 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
LadySarah:
Expand your finance base now that you are still young, agile n single. Hustle without looking at anybody face.The stress of family life, marital obligations and children can make you be on a snail pace where you should be running.

Don't be one of the "I need 2k urgently " person. Get ur hands dirty.
Especially as a woman, dont go into marriage without having something tangible doing.Theres life after marriage. ALOT of Women have seen nonsense in the name of marriage.

GOD first at all times! You will look back and appreciate yourself.
don't wait for experience to be your best teacher. Listen to her wise counsel. This is just the truth
Re: To The 40s And Above People Here, What Is Your Advice To Those Of Us In Our 20s? by 2dice01: 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2020
tolukem:

Some ladies will pretend till you marry them

Only God can help us cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? / My Little Boy Is Born!: / A Mother And Child Kissing Photo That Some Finds Disgusting!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.