Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,030 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? (2546 Views)

Pastor Seeks Dissolution Of 32-year Marriage Over Constant Beating By Wife / 20-year-old Nigerian & His 65-year-old American Wife (Pictures) / Homosexual Priest To 'marry' Nigerian Male Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2009
What do you think a man in his early thirties (30s) should do next after having achieved basic education (first degree), working and comfortable?
Marriage is out of the question please.
The idea is to have an understanding about what people of this age group do with their time and scarce resources.
What do you think a thirty two year old Nigerian male should be into?

1 Like

Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2009
he shld be married and thinking about a future for his kids.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by spikedcylinder: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2009
Whatever you do, don't hurt people in the process.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by ifyalways(f): 7:28pm On Jun 14, 2009
why is marriage out of question
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 14, 2009
//
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by tpiah: 12:45am On Jun 15, 2009
whats wrong with furthering your education? Especially since you dont want to get married yet. or you could look into business/establishing a company.

and why are you calling yourself ijapa? Any reason?
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Sissy3(f): 12:48am On Jun 15, 2009
tpiah:

whats wrong with furthering your education? Especially since you dont want to get married yet. or you could look into business/establishing a company.

agreed.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by debosky(m): 12:51am On Jun 15, 2009
Na so so furthering of education naija dey talk. grin Please oh, don't become like davidylan - career student. grin grin grin

You can go and start a football career - Kanu probably started close to 30 when he was claiming u-17 - now he's in his 50's claiming 30's. cheesy

OK seriously, invest your time and resources on expanding your horizons - developing skills/abilities beyond what you have at the moment - things you didn't have the opportunity of doing previously and with your experience, that you know will be beneficial in future.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 15, 2009
debosky:

Na so so furthering of education naija dey talk. grin Please oh, don't become like davidylan - career student. grin grin grin

You can go and start a football career - Kanu probably started close to 30 when he was claiming u-17 - now he's in his 50's claiming 30's. cheesy

OK seriously, invest your time and resources on expanding your horizons - developing skills/abilities beyond what you have at the moment - things you didn't have the opportunity of doing previously and with your experience, that you know will be beneficial in future.

sharrap dia! grin The journey is slowly but surely grinding to an end by next yr spring.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by debosky(m): 1:00am On Jun 15, 2009
I know bro, just wanted to throw a dig at you wink Besides, you never clock 32 last time I checked. grin

Oga 32 - what exactly does 'comfortable' mean to you? is it having some loose change or having a couple of cars and a house you own? Just wondering
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by tytylayor: 9:44am On Jun 15, 2009
guess u shud strt buying cars and houses since marriage is out of it,
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2009
the fear of the not so far off 40 ,

the questions about what happened to those dreams of the twenties

accepting thae fact that some ambitions may have to be deferred to the responsibility of raising a family

the battle of the bulge tongue
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by sweetpain: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2009
@OP
Go have kids and watch them grow.

Kids like cars, houses, etc are assets (mostly). They tell your story, abt the life u 've had. At 32 you are already late by several years. Get a girl today (no one said you 've to marry her) make one or two and invest in them so that in years to come you can proudly show them off the way you would your automobiles.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by dree1: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2009
@ Poster,

At 32 ! You should clearly know "Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male"

At 32 ! You should have a clear understanding of your vision and goal in LIFE.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 15, 2009
@tpiah

Same reason you're calling yourself tpiah.

@debosky
Am doing that with more funds than you can ever imagine possible.

At 32 ! You should clearly know "Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male"

At 32 ! You should have a clear understanding of your vision and goal in LIFE.

@ dree1
Nice one dree1, but it's not all about me.
There are 40 year olds who are at a loss as to what next to do.

There is sense in weighing your dreams with your accomplishments at intervals too.
Like someone used to say, theres no use running when you're on the wrong road.

Besides, who knows if that decision you took some 5 years ago will go down well twenty years from now or that education you seem so sure you've acquired will earn you the much sought after proverbial golden fleece.

I know a number of friends who still reside in thesame apartment with both parents at 40 or friends who stay in a single room(face to face) if you like with good first degrees and jobs to match.

So you see, it's not just me.
Its about knowing what you would do if you were in my shoes and i only want to know cause i sure can do with one good word of advice from you my NL brother.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Fhemmmy: 2:47pm On Jun 15, 2009
He could travel and have some fun.
have some good investment.
Since marriage is out of the question
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by tpiah: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2009
ijapa888:

@tpiah

Same reason you're calling yourself tpiah.

tpiah has no Yoruba meaning.

Besides, who knows if that decision you took some 5 years ago will go down well twenty years from now or that education you seem so sure you've acquired will earn you the much sought after proverbial golden fleece.

Higher education is an investment for the future, not for the present.

Its never too early to plan for life at 60.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Fhemmmy: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2009
I wonder why you guy thing he must marry now, is there age limit to marriage?
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by pinkylady1(f): 3:04pm On Jun 15, 2009
tpiah:

thot as much cos it means sometin funny in ma dialect

ifyalways:

why is marriage out of question

mr. poster u've not answered this question
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2009
pinky lady:

Must he have a reason?
Or is it a must he get married at 32?
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by pinkylady1(f): 3:29pm On Jun 15, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Must he have a reason?
Or is it a must he get married at 32?

the question was not directed to you noa, so chill
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2009
pinky lady:

the question was not directed to you noa, so chill

Lol. i don chill oh
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by touchmeder: 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2009
Take sometime out and travel, invest in a business
invest in good shares
build a house and be involved in the project until completion (if u don't have one yet)
join a good club (are they still there) maybe golf club or other social clubs (i hope the babes there make you see road)
help the needy
train a relation (who has bin asking you for help and u know need it) grin grin cheesy cheesy
take some course in psychology (the human mind is enough to fill your days with wonder)
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by debosky(m): 5:33pm On Jun 15, 2009
Other alternatives - start being an aristo. Visit University campuses and pick up young gals (18-24) and spend some of your cash on them. This is especially attractive if you were broke on campus and never got attention from the ladies. grin grin grin

Run for political office - join PDP, AC or whichever party of your leaning. Start making contacts and you might find yourself in the running for House of Reps, State legislature or some other political post.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by tpiah: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2009
yes, I guess politics is another option but only if you have strong liver.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by ikamefa(f): 8:01pm On Jun 15, 2009
chei!  grin grin grin join Her majesty's secret service

become a spy  shocked shocked shocked but that your name ijapa888 aint that sexy  grin grin grin
you'llbe exposed to a whole new level of skill-sets grin grin grin

how about[b] jappy 008?[/b] wink
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 15, 2009
why is marriage out of question,

@ifyalways
The idea is that every necessity must be met before delving into marriage.
If it's impossible to have ones fill then there is no harm in trying.
Marriage is like retirement, you go into it when you're 'done', when you've had your fill of, errrr. (you won't understand).
It's boring ,tiring and usually uninteresting.
The good things of life make the journey merry and the fact that you know "you've been there and done that".
I don't recall seeing a very happy couple, except of course on their wedding day.
The most successful marriages i've seen is where the husband died early and left a fortune for the woman and the kids.

thot as much cos it means sometin funny in ma dialect
@ pinklady
What does it mean in your dialect?
It's the Yoruba name for tortoise. cool
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Sauron1: 11:08pm On Jun 15, 2009
ijapa888:

What do you think a man in his early thirties (30s) should do next after achieved basic education (first degree), working and comfortable?
Marriage is out of the question please.
The idea is to have an understanding about what people of this age group do with their time and scarce resources.
What do you think a thirty two year old Nigerian male should be into?

Withdraw some cash from the bank and start globe-trotting!!!
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by pinkylady1(f): 9:08am On Jun 16, 2009
ijapa888:

@ifyalways
The idea is that every necessity must be met before delving into marriage.
If it's impossible to have ones fill then there is no harm in trying.
Marriage is like retirement, you go into it when you're 'done', when you've had your fill of, errrr. (you won't understand).
It's boring ,tiring and usually uninteresting.
The good things of life make the journey merry and the fact that you know "you've been there and done that".
I don't recall seeing a very happy couple, except of course on their wedding day.
The most successful marriages i've seen is where the husband died early and left a fortune for the woman and the kids.
@ pinklady
What does it mean in your dialect?
It's the Yoruba name for tortoise. cool

in ma dialect it means cane lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2009
by the age of 30, an adult minded person should know what they want/desire in life and how to get it (if attainable). if by this age you have no idea of what you want then i am sorry to say that nothing can help you. asking NL folks for advises on such an important matter is like asking a a baby to walk: it should come naturally.
the main point that you have to focus on is happiness, what is needed to make you happy and your life worthy of being lived.
having goals and being driven is also very important. so look within you to know what you want from this life and go get it.
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by Aproko(f): 8:26am On Jun 19, 2009
Ijapa888,

At 32, I suggest you should work on the following:

1. Your views about marriage, while your comment made me lol, its not always like that with the right person and communication.
2. You should work on creating wealth (wealth is different from having money. it's total and encompassing)
3. You should work on distributing some of the wealth (create employment for people and mentor them)
4. You should work on creating a brand (maybe Ijapa 888 Dynasty or something, let your name register like Aliko Dangote's)
5. Work on yourself, because after achieving all of the above, you will need humility!

Please keep us posted on what you have decided,

my 2 shillings!
Re: Whats Next For A 32 Year Old Nigerian Male? by biola44: 12:13pm On Jun 19, 2009
he should make more money, cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Lady Get Pregnant When A Guys Pre Cum Liquid Touch Her Vagina? / It Has Been 4 Years Now We Had Sex- A Husband Plight / I Need Your Advice And It's Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.