Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Apprentice - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Apprentice (1462 Views)

Assassin's Apprentice / The Apprentice By Wisdom Effiong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apprentice by Devilpen(m): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2020
Written by: Olusegun Ayomide Shedrach
Tags: Myth, Fantasy, Supernatural, Magic

Introduction

Long ago, during the battle for freedom from captivity, serving strange men, first they had come with such hospitality, only for things to get turned once they had penetrated deep into the natives, knowing their weakness ,they struck.

Brought great disaster to them, reducing a once mighty population to nothing, the hospitality was gone.

From one generation to another, they endured till the fourteenth generation, until a common man rose to lead the revolution.

Deciphering the realm of the supreme, he tapped into the source, with seven of his friends, they became so powerful they liberated their people from oppression.

But these powers had to be passed down to another generation to ensure their continual safety, so each of them began to have an apprentice, sharing a power bound between the master and the apprentice.

But while the supreme realm had have a thirst of what humanity and freedom is, they decided to come see for themselves, to be free from their crystal body, located in the supreme realm, they'd do anything to rule this fragile humans and have the chance to revenge for killing one of them and zapping up his powers, but not today.

Today let's face another reality, a thirst for powers among Lords.

Book One

Three Lords walked into the small town of Gara, with a population of roughly three hundred. Unless they introduced themselves no one would know who they really were, it was a code that must not be broken among them, to keep peace and healthy communication.

Every Lord had a power rank, the highest of the ranks being Alpha White. Constant meditation, cultivation and power decided these ranks, showing through the colors of their eyeballs, but can't be seen to normal human, as what they'll see it a normal black eyeball. The ranks list as follows

Beta Black, blue eye balls, the smaller of all ranks.

Beta White, this follows, with a mixed color of blue and black eye balls.

Omega Black, comes next, the bearer possessing a set of pink eye balls

Omega White, a set of Brown eye balls

Alpha Black, possess a set of white eyeballs

And lastly is Alpha White, the bearer being the strongest and possesses red eyeballs.

The three lords alighted their horses, tied them tightly against a pole and walked into the inn in the small city to refreshed themselves.

The Inn was a calm and cozy one, with almost little patronage, as the main customers were foreigners who were traveling through the city and decides to rest for the night.

A teenage boy walked up to them, having a wooden tray on his hands, which contained a steaming kettle and three round bowls, he gently laid it on the table and stepped back a bit before speaking.

"What should I offer you, we have all local foods, which would you like? " the dark complexion boy asked, with a broad smile on his face.

"Leave, we will call you when we need you" The Lord with a pure white hair said and looked at the boy with a bit of a stern face.

He gulped, not knowing what really made him shiver at the sight of the man. He turned around and got a glimpse of a shiny knife stucked by the man's tight and hastened his steps.

Lord Wumi, an Alpha Black, looked at the boy as he walked off and sighed before speaking.

"I can feel the presence of Desert Cheetah in this city, of all earthly beast, this one has proved too tough to get rid of and he won't let anyone have a possession of him" Lord Wumi said and looked out through the window opposite him and watched as night took over.

"If you feel his presence here, that means we should keep our eyes open " Lord Feta said and heaved his broad chest up.

"No, he is coming for us" the Last Lord, Lord Bidemi said and opened his eyes, revealing a set of pink eyeballs.

The wooden wall of the inn suddenly shattered into pieces, heavy shock wave sending everyone off their feet, except the Lords who only raised their hands up before their faces.

From the broken part of the inn, a golden skinned cheetah stood, with red glowing patches. It growled and made thick smokes come out from it mouth, looking vicious.

Lord Wumi stood up and made a huge sword appear on both hands and dashed at the beast.
EEEEEHHHHAAA !! he screamed loudly, leaped into the air and slashed his sword at the beast, which was quick to leap to the right and ram itself on Lord Wumi, the force sending him bursting out from the other end of the inn.

Lord Feta dashed towards the beast and held to his chest, pulled his hands out and suddenly a grizzly bear ran before him. The bear grew huge in size as it ran towards the Desert Cheetah.

In defense, the Desert Cheetah made huge spikes form out of its body and directed all towards the attacking bear and with great force shot them all at it.

Lord Bidemi locked his palms together and made a yellow transparent shield before the bear, blocking off all the spikes that was hurled at it.

The smiles bounced off the spikes, and one hurled towards the attendant boy, struck him on the chest and the tip of the spike protruded out through the boys back.

"URRRGHHHMMPPHH" the boy whimpered and fell to the ground.

Lord Wumi leaped out from behind the bear, as the shield collided with the Desert Cheetah, knocking it off balance. He dived through the air at the Desert Cheetah, a glowing spear on his hand. Still in mid air, he threw the spear at the beast, which quickly disappeared, with all its spike going with it, except the one on the attendant's shoulder.

"This boy needs help" someone shouted, bringing back everyone's attention to the dying boy.

"Move aside" Lord Wumi said and raised him up from the ground.

"I need a room" Lord Wumi said hastily.

"Up" the boy whispered softly as blood flowed out through his mouth.
Re: Apprentice by xaviercasmir(m): 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
Another banger. Following already
Re: Apprentice by Devilpen(m): 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2020
Lord Wumi walked into the room with a bowl of steamy concoction and stopped at the entrance, seeing the boy was already seated on the bed, looking better than yesterday, the poison in his body had greatly subdued, thanks to Lord Wumi, who made him his apprentice to save his life. They now shared same powers and same bound.

"You're awake, it's a good thing you have a well responsive body " Lord Wumi said and passed the bowl over to him.

He received it and tried recollecting what had happened to him, to deserve a wound on the chest.

"You came to the inn, how am I here?"

"First, what is your name? " Lord Wumi asked and sat next to him.

"Seun" the boy replied and groaned as he felt a slight headache.

"Calm, you are now my apprentice, we now share a bond, I am in you, and you are in me" Lord Wumi said calmly so Seun could understand to the fullest.

Lord Wumi stood up and pulled of his shirt, revealing sets of glowing tattoos all over his body.

"This is the power force that runs in us, you have yours, this power force are what channels our inner abilities" Lord Wumi said and summoned out two blades on both hands and made them fade off almost immediately.

"Wow! " Seun said in awe and fixed his gaze on the shiny tattoos

"I have never thought of being an apprentice myself, I hear of the battles you fight, against dark forces and others"

Lord Wumi shakes his head slightly and heaved, this is a greater calling especially being an apprentice of an Alpha Black, he thought within himself and spoke out.

"We have our special abilities which comes in three forms, one the great force, which is used in making weapons and melee attacks, second is the Call force which is used to summon out your inner beast, and lastly Special Force, each of us posses a unique power from another" Lord Wumi paused, seeing Seun was following he continued.

"Follow me"

He led the way out of the room, into an open space filled with various medieval training gadgets. It was then he dawned on Seun he was not in a familiar environment.

"I heard you are an orphan " Lord Wumi said, without looking back at Seun.

Seun sighed, not feeling any remorse though, it was part of his life now and there was nothing he could do about it.

"I never knew my mother, my dad died while I was young, he fell of a cliff while trying to get herbs for me" Seun said and ran up to Lord Wumi.

"You begin training in earnest, first you must form a trust Bond between you and your mortal beast, every apprentice would go out to hunt for their beast, but your came to you, the Desert Cheetah, while it tried escaping, the thorn it had stuck in your body wouldn't let it, so it became trapped in you, and I had to quickly lock it in before it kills you"

Lord Wumi smiled and next were blue smoke evolving out from his body and next to him was a blue hard scaly dragon, with white glowing eyes.

"This is the only thing you can trust with your soul, as they'd do anything to protect you" Lord Wumi said and continued

"To channel it out, all you have to do is call him out through first forming a trust Bond"

Seun heaved and took a step backward, and did as his master did.

He closed his eyes and slightly separated his legs and breathed in, somehow he could feel Lord Wumi like his eyes were clearly open.

Seun, within him could feel something trying to break off its cage and he knew what it was, his Desert Cheetah.

He suddenly saw himself standing in a mildly dark environment, with tiny glowing red lights and before him was his desert cheetah being caged and guarded by two bulky human, each holding to a very huge axe.

"You have to free him, trust your inner strength" Seun heard Lord Wumi's voice echo in his head.

Seun took his first step forward and watched as his mortal beast looked at him, like its life depended on it.

Both guards dashed at him, with their Axe pulling against the ground and bringing out sparks from it. Having no clue of how to fight, Seun knew at this point, he had no option than to proceed and try all he could.

His main body in the earth realm fell hard to the ground and next was a bruise on his right arm, his unconscious body wriggling vigorously on the ground.

"Call him out" Lord Feta shouted and ran in with his apprentice who is a girl.

"He can do it " Lord Wumi said and next a wide wound appeared on Seun's face.

Seun fell hard to the ground, he never thought it would be this tough and at the same time he never expected an easy brawl, the huge axe came furiously at him, quickly he rolled to the left, while the axe slashed deep into the ground in his former position. He picked himself up and dived at the attacking guard, pulled him down by the waist and smacked his face, removed his helmet and smashed his face with it.

"Find the connection between great force, believe it is there, faith is all you need" he heard his Master's voice.

The guard successfully landed a punch in Seun's stomach which sent him off, at a reasonable wide distance.

Seun stood up and stretched out both hands and he could feel his temperature warming, he could feel the power flow. With a smirk on his ruddy face, he summoned out a blue glowing sword on the right and a long red glowing chain on the left.

On the other realm, Lord Wumi smiled, seeing Seun's body glowing.

"I am worthy of this apprentice " He said under his breath with a broad smile.

Seun wiped the chain at one of the guards and furiously dragged him forward at him as the chain curled up tightly around it's victim, Seun screamed as he slashed the guard into two.

He smirked and walked majestically towards the last guard, changed the weapons into a bow and arrow.

On the other realm, Lord Wumi gasped softly and looked at Feta who was also surprised at the glowing bow that began to fade off Seun's hand.

"He is a chosen Archer, I haven't seen this, only heard the tales" Lord Feta said.

The guard's head rolled off with an arrow stucked to its forehead.

Seun opened the cage, and slowly his beast walked out, and rubbed it's head against Seun, creating an everlasting trust Bond with him.
Re: Apprentice by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
Present
But seun (oga nairaland) go suffer with mentions o
Re: Apprentice by Devilpen(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2020
FlowerGirl040:
Present

But seun (oga nairaland) go suffer with mentions o
lol, I never thought about that sha..
Re: Apprentice by Devilpen(m): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2020
Note: For some reasons, the main characters name "Seun" has been changed to "Imole (Brightness) "

Imole woke up to the chattering voices outside his room and yawned as he rolled around on the bed, the door came open and Lord Fera's apprentice walked in, dressed in armour, that yet still retained her perfect shape.

"Your attention is needed outside " she said and immediately took her leave.

Imole stood up lazily and wore a shirt on himself, put on his boots and walked out.

He saw his master standing before a huge, fierce looking white lion with wings, he needed no one to tell him that was his Soul Beast.

"He is here" Lord Wumi said and patted his beast soul calmly around the mane.

"Call out your beast soul " Lord Wumi commanded.

Light red colored fumes began to ooze out from Imole's body and form into the Desert Cheetah which had all its patch glowing bright red.

"You've formed the perfect bound between you and your beast, but there is yet one more thing" Lord Wumi said.

"What? "

"Yesterday, you tapped into the weapon world and used a spirit bow, now you have to journey to that realm to retrieve that weapon, it's a phase you have to go through, it's necessary"

Imole smiled and looked around, from Lord Wumi to the girl, to other Lords that were distance away doing some other things.

"When do we go? "

"No, you'll go alone, you and Dara, you'll both go to the realm and get it" Lord Wumi said calmly, but Imole could sense his spirit was troubled.

"Your spirit is troubled " Imole asked with his eyes wide open.

"While you're gone, there's something I must take care of, but I'll be back then before you are back, trust me".

Lord Feta walked up to them, he had no apprentice, his last apprentice was dead, he still had to have a full balanced power Bond before he thought of having someone else.

"Your journey begins" Lord Feta said and made a portal open

"I don't know anything, or what to expect " Imole said in fear and watched as the girl jumped in.

"She is naive, protect her, I'm not suppose to tell you what to expect, it's part of what makes you"

They both ported on top of the tallest mountain. The environment was not what he had expected, fogs literary was the main component, except for the mountains that popped out of it. The cloud above was clear as crystal.

"The weapons mountain, we have to find it, and retrieve our weapons" Dara said and took a quick glance at Imole who already summoned out his beast.

The beast suddenly grew red string wings and bent down for Imole to climb on its back.

"Where is your beast? " Imole asked calmly.

"Wolves don't fly"

"Neither does cheetahs" Imole replied.

"My beast doesn't fly"

"Climb on" Imole said and patted his beast who didn't found the idea pleasing.

Lord Wumi jumped down his beast soul and summoned it back inside him, while Lord Feta and Bidemi did same also. The Dark Forest wasn't a place anyone should be, it had tales of mysterious death, some even believed a stronger Lord who sought for too much power during the first existence was cast into this particular forest as an eternal punishment.

"In my dreams I saw this forest led to the island of solitude " Lord Feta said and made his body glow, so as to brighten up their path.

They came across three cross path, and topped at the middle, confused of which way to follow.

"Feta, which one do we follow? " Lord Bidemi asked and made a huge spear form out of his hand, immediately he felt strange presences.

"Two are illusions, but which ones? "

"You will never get to the Solitude, the powers are not yours or any to wield, sons of corruption " an ugly voice said from nowhere in particular.

"Show yourself" Lord Wumi shouted and made two huge swords forge out of his hands.

The dark forest began to grow darker and darker and left were thousands of red glowing eyes hanging from every trees in the forest.

"I can't grow my light any brighter" Lord Feta said.

"The road on the left is the right one, there are no much of red glowing eyes through that part" Lord Wumi said.

Loud screeching noises took over and all they could see were red glowing eyes dashing at them.

Fire gushed out of Lord Wumi's sword and he locked the handles of the sword together, turning it into one and slashed it at one of the unknown beast that attacked him.

"We can't kill them all, summon out your beast souls we have to get out of here" Lord Bidemi shouted and made fireballs out of his hands.

The Cheetah beast soared above the soft crystal clouds, while Imole and Dara scouted for the mountain, even though they had no idea what it looked like.

The beast roared softly, seeing a volcanic mountain distance away, and on its every side were thousand of weapons.

"There that's it, you go first, what weapon do you need? " Imole asked.

"The chain of Hades " Dara replied and dived down the beast.

She landed softly on the shield that hooked from the mountain, she looked around and sighted the chain hanging from the mountain and took a strong leap at it, grabbed it and pulled it out forcefully.

A bright smile on her face, as the chain curled around her arms. The beast moved closer to her and she leaped back on it.

"My turn" Imole said and climbed on the mountain.

He felt the mountain shake slightly and thought it was normal, still not seeing his desired weapon, the spirit bow. The mountain shook, this time with more force than the former and next a volcanic eruption occurred, with larva sprouting up into the sky.
Re: Apprentice by Devilpen(m): 1:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Imole looked down from where he hanged on the body of the erupting mountain, fear gripped his heart looking at the endless fall beneath him. He looked up as larva sprouted into the air and managed to leaped off from where he was, holding firm to a rock and pulled himself up.

Dara watched with anxiety as Imole struggled to scale up the mountain in hope that his desired weapon would be there, there was no way she could help him, it was his sole responsibility and there was no way, he could back down either, once set on it, he must be done with it.

"The bow is right at the mouth of the volcano" Dara shouted and glided the beast towards safety.

Imole knew if he wasted any more moment, it could put his ambition at stake. By his right, he saw a spring board, from the body of the mountain and crawled towards it, a reasonable distance off, he leaped on the springboard and began to bounce on it with cautiousness and sprang with great force.

"Hummmphh" Imole grunted as he grabbed the edge of the opening of the mountain and he could feel the extreme heat from the mountain, if he stayed too long, it could burn him alive.

He stood by the edge, the Spirit Bow on the other side, the rock beneath his left leg fell off, making him loose balance, swaying his hands in circular motion, with his upper body moving forward and backward, his right foot also lost balance which sent him straight into the mouth of the volcano.

Lord Wumi rode his beast behind the other Lords, with his vast and infinite powers, since he was a White Alpha, though even if he wasn't, his years of uninterrupted meditation had seen him through vast energy level, one almost beyond the comprehension of other lords. When he was also an apprentice, he had dedicated his life to extreme meditation, making his body tap into the cosmic realm and tapped on as much energy source as he could, something others found tiring and boring.

He made trails of fire behind his beast which rode with all its might as the strange red eye demons chased hard at them, the advantage they had was there were less number of trees on the path they took, these demons that chased them were at disadvantage of running on bare floors, as they had probably mastered the act of leaping perfectly from one tree to another, almost with total silence.

"There's a light ahead" Lord Feta shouted and urged his grizzly beast to charge forward with greater speed.

The Cheetah Beast soared higher so they could get a better view. Dara knew for sure Imole was still alive, but in no way was she suppose to help and it bit her hard.

Imole felt really uncomfortable by the heat that burned him and the rising of the larva which shot into the sky every now and then, narrowly missing him or on purpose, either he was lucky nothing had burnt him yet, with the bow on the other end, Imole knew this was the part he had to channel his great force, but he knew he had his limit which wasn't wide enough, still he had to do it.

He pulled himself and while hanging with one hand held to an already burning rock, he found both feet on a stony edge, he closed his eyes and opened them, trying to figure out the pattern of the erupting larva, although he knew the pattern was more of random.

Imole channeled his energy towards his leg, constraining enough adrenaline into every muscles on his feet, Imole took one last breath and leaped towards the bow. He moved his body a little to the left, narrowly dodging the larva that shot beneath him.

Getting closer, Imole stretched out his hand ,with gritting teeth, he finally grabbed the bow with the left hand and held tight to a rock with the left one, the heat becoming unbearable he channeled the last of great force into his hand and pulled out the shiny blue bow from the mountain and climbed out. He noticed immediately he had possession of the bow, the larva greatly subdued like nothing had being there, no trace of any volcanic eruption.

Lord Wumi leaped off his beast towards the light and at the same time summoned the beast back into him, passing through the light, he landed on the shores of an ocean, he sighed from where he laid and pulled himself up, to his right was Lord Feta who had somehow sustained a slight wound to his face, right beneath the cheek bone on the right section, while Lord Bidemi still tried to catch his breath.

"I think that's where we are headed" Lord Wumi said and pointed to the castle right in the middle of the ocean.

Getting to earth realm, Imole was handed over the letter Lord Wumi had left behind for him, now it was left to him to learn and grow on his own, no threat was possessed, if what he heard from the locals was true, then he had to go after his master, the bond between both sad undeniable strong. Such was between an apprentice and it's Lord, if a Bond is born out of love and trust, each would go any length to see that no harm came to another.

"I'll go after him" Imole said to Dara who was immediately dumbfounded

"It's either your stupid or brave, but I thing you're really stupid, going through the dark forest alone is a great risk, no one has went there and what we heard are just rumours flying around, they couldn't possibly have gone through there" Dara replied.

As much as Imole tried to hold back, he couldn't the urge was addicting, so strong to resist.

"I'll go alone, I never needed you though" he replied and summoned out his beast soul.

He looked at Dara, as if he was asking her for the last time if she was sure of her decision. Still the blank clueless look on her face, the beast spread out his mighty wings and thrust large quantity of air beneath it and in one swift sway of the wings, it's was already among the clouds.
Re: Apprentice by yungbanks(m): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
Great story u got here more pls am following
Re: Apprentice by Devilpen(m): 9:15am On Aug 01, 2020
The three lords entered through the gates of the city laid in ruins, positioned right in the very middle of the vast ocean, the castle about an hour walk from the city entrance, whatever had happened to the city was not anything good or worth hearing, dried skeletons filled the entire street, remains of children and adults alike, not sparing even animals.

The dried air that moved about had an aura of evil in it, an evil that seemed to be awaken at their uninvited presence.

Lord Wumi looked up at buildings crafted in ways that almost looked impossible, the knowledge of the dead inhabitants were extreme and probably complex for them to had built an entire city from rocks.

"Evil lurks around in every part of this city" Lord Bidemi who seemed to be the reserved in words among them said and made his eyes glow.

"What do you see? " Lord Wumi asked

Lord Bidemi locked around as they walk towards the castle and breathed in loudly before slowly releasing hi breath.

"Darkness"

They all heard a swoosh sound, a presence ran past them about twenty pages ahead. For a while they all stood still, each taking note of their environment.

Soft growls could be heard from the top of the damaged houses.

"Tormented souls, they didn't just died, what ever this city holds, the powers are massive" Lord Bunni said, after he had shifted his body to an entire other realm to see things the ordinary eyes could not.

"It's a good things we came after it, we have to destroy this power, before some other people finally have the courage to pass through the dark forest" Lord Wumi said and led the way.

Imole alighted his beast along the path that led to the Dark Forest, walking through the forest path, he noticed the environment let out a strange aura, but he cared less.

A huge stick suddenly smashed his head from behind, which immediately sent him unconscious.

The huge metal gate that led into the castle, shattered off into pieces, while Lord Wumi powered himself down, his ability of infinite powers had proved to be of great use.

The proceeded into the castle, out of the walls were various status of kings and queens, which looked very ancient, from were statue to another were trails of spider webs, which completely disfigured everything about the interior of the castle, at the end of the castle, was a throne made of gold, which looked new, not affected by the webs and seated on it was a dried skeleton, holding fast to a trident which had a purple glowing gem, glowing right at the centre.

"That's it" Lord Feta said with a grin on his face.

"Intruders!! " a demonic voice said from nowhere in particular, while it's voice echoed through the entire castle.

Huge spiders with human faces crawled out from behind the statues, their eyes were dark as night, soulless, their faces looking pale and malnourished, their canine teeth shooting out from the mouth.

"Cursed us"

A huge spider crawled out from the back of the throne, taking a defense stance right before it.

"We mean no harm" Lord Bunmi said, trying to be calm as possible.

The spider crawled down from the podium, walking with stealth and swiftness, something the Lords had never seen, it's movement was sleek.

"Tell me, why have you come here? " the spider asked followed by a loud hiss.

"We were drawn here by that" Lord Wumi said pointing to the gem on the trident.

"No, that is not entirely true, you want the powers for yourselves, I warn you, it's nothing to toyyyyy with" the spider said with a wide grin, revealing sets of sharp random scattered teeth and a long sticky tongue.

"We perceive it's powers, we came to destroy it, before power greedy people comes for it" Lord Feta said this time.

"SILENCE!!! " the spider shouted at Lord Feta and stared deep into his eyes.

The spider walked back with some few steps and hissed annoyingly at Lord Feta.

"Shall I tell them about your intentions? " The spider said and moved back the more.

The other two Lords took a glance at Lord Feta who was already brewing with anger.

"I have protected this Cursed Gem for millions of years, the heart of human are evil, look up, the bodies of your comrades wrapped in our webs".

They all looked up and saw thousands of body wrapped in webs, hanging above.

Lord Feta looked at the gem and back at the spider, without hesitation he summoned out his red glowing spear, Spear of Fury and attacked the spider, which rolled on its sides and sprang back on the throne, its movement so swift like it had expected the attack.

"Killlllllll themmm all!!!!! "

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apprentice by Devilpen(m): 3:50am On Aug 07, 2020
Apprentice 6

Imole groaned, opened his eyes from where he laid, he could feel his head ache at the back, with his hands tied to his legs, he managed to turn his body around to get a clearer view of what was happening.

Ahead of him were medium sized huts and some few little ones, which served as food store, straining his head to look towards the west, he noticed more huts and some blurry images of humans, he heard footsteps coming towards him, looked towards the direction and saw two locals walking up to him, dressed in animal hides, with daggers hanging around their waste.

"Raise him up" the skinny one said and brought out his dagger.

Imole was roughly pulled to his feet and forced to walk, even when clearly he couldn't. He was led into a huge building which clearly was much more modern than the huts he had seen earlier, it was then he realised he had been at the back yard of his captor's palace.

He was forced to kneel down before a fair skinned man who was seated on a white throne, both resting arms a reasonable distance away from him.

"You trespassed into our lands" the king said and rose on his feet.

Imole got lost of words for a while, there was nothing like boundary war among people, none that he knew of. He looked deep into the King's eye and scoffed before speaking.

"I was on my path to the dark forest when I was attacked " Imole blurted

The guards around began to chant odd songs, with a smooth pattern that somehow sent chills down Imole's spin.

"We inhabit the dark forest, yesterday, three strangers managed to get through, with strange powers " The king said and ordered the guards to untie Imole.

"We have dedicated our entire life to guard this path in any way possible, so it was cursed, what lies on the other path shouldn't be known to anyone" the king said and held Imole's hand as he stood to his feet.

Imole rubbed his wrists softly, the King backing him, Imole wondered what could be so powerful, they had to become cursed to keep it away from people.

"What powers are there?"

"Something monstrous "

"My master, I have to go after him" Imole replied and looked around "Lord Wumi "

The King gasped, took a quick breath and faced Imole with a straight face.

"I sense him in you, Wumi, the tales we've heard about him are good, that means he is there for a good reason, but I don't trust one of them, his aura smells evil, buried in a old skin of good" the King said and placed his right hand on Imole's shoulder.

"You'll be shown the way out, promise me, you'll do the right thing"

Lord Feta leaped after the leader spider and swayed his spear in the air, threw a strike which almost got the spider. With force and a loud screech, the spider used it's fore legs to hit Lord Feta who stumbled hard to the ground.

Lord Wumi and Lord Bidemi resorted to using their Call Force, as the attack on them got more intense, like the more they killed these creepy creature, more kept popping out of no where in particular, already filling the entire castle.

"Watch out! " Lord Bidemi shouted and shot fury skulls put from his hands at a spider that launched itself at Lord Wumi.

Their beast soul, didn't relent in grabbing and throwing, ramming their huge bodies against the attacking demons.

The spider crawled up the walls of the castle, after taking a sever hit on the abdomen, it let out a horrible screech and stucked put it's tongue at Lord Feta, who already had two burning spears on both hands and breathing heavily.

"You are a worthy opponent" Lord Feta said and pointed both spears at the beast.

"I warn you!" the spider screeched again and continued crawling up the wall of the castle, black thick blood, dripping off from its injured leg.

The other spiders also followed suit, each going behind their their leader.

Lord Feta climes to the throne and smiled at the orb, made his spears to fade off and took a long stare at the stone before reaching out for it.

He easily pulled out the staff from the skeleton's grip and gasped as he felt a soft, but yet strong power flow through his body and gasped softly with a wicked grin registered on his face.

"Feta, destroy the stone" Lord Wumi said and walked forward while his beast followed beside him.

"Why? " Feta said, in an entire tone that sounded bold, wide and evil.

"Why? " Lord Wumi asked scornfully and continued "Isn't that what we came for? "

"No, that's what you came for not me" Lord Feta said and turned around to face Lord Wumi.

Both Lord Wumi and Lord Bunmi let out a loud gasp, stucked to their position, staring in disbelief at the deadly transformation that had happened to Lord Feta within that little time frame.

"Feta, you have to drop that staff, it's draining your pure energy"

Lord Feta smiled and spoke.

"I have never felt better in years, taste what this power is" Lord Feta said and struck the staff to the ground which followed next by loud thunder claps outside.

"Will you try and stop me? "

Lord Wumi only signed and summoned out his Diving sword which had ancient inscriptions on it.

"Thought as much" Lord Feta said and began to descend down the throne.

"I hope you can handle me"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apprentice by Devilpen(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2020
Apprentice 7

Lord Wumi watched as Feta descended down the throne, with red glowing eyes, a sign of pure evil. Holding tight to the purple orb, Feta smiled wickedly as his spear grew in size and roughness.

"I Now see what it means to have true powers" Feta said and pointed his spear at Lord Wumi "Is this what you have been hiding, you have the ability of infinite powers and yet you never told us"

Lord Bunmi looked at Lord Wumi in disbelief

"Is it true? "

"It changes nothing" Lord Wumi replied

"After I am done with you both, I'll make all beast bow to me, maybe murder those stubborn Lords of low ranks if they try to stop me" Feta said and elevated into the air.

Feta's hairs raised up as the dark energy flowed through his body, he now had the powers of element manipulation, gravity altercation, increased strength and heightened sense.

"Do you know about the legend of the sleeping dragon? " Feta asked, this time making his voice echo through the entire castle, which followed by thunder claps.

"What do you mean by the sleeping dragon? that's myth" Lord Wumi replied with a countenance of fear

"No no, it's not, the history of this forbidden castle, all souls were sucked up by it, before it was laid to eternal sleep, you didn't just felt the evil from the other side, I made you feel it, now enough of the chat"

Lord Wumi leaped into the air towards Feta and shot a fireball at him before smacking him on the face.

Feta lost balance and smashed against wall, he groaned and raised up his head, with eyes burning with flames.

From nowhere came lightning which struck Wumi from behind, shredding his clothes into burnt pieces. Lord Bunmi saw this and knew nowhere on earth could anyone defeat Feta.

Lord Bunmi summoned out his beast bear and a blue glowing shield on his right arm, a blue glowing sword on the left.

"I'll burn you down" Feta shouted and picked up pace as he approached Lord Bunmi.

He threw the first punch which Lord Bunmi blocked off with his shield and quickly used his left elbow to smack Feta on the face.

Lord Bunmi scrapped Feta off his feet, and before he could touch ground, he rammed his right leg on Feta's stomach which sent him off crashing against the throne which shattered immediately.

Feta smirked as he raised into the air, he summoned out his spear and made it split into thousands more, each floating in the air and pointing at Lord Bunmi.

The bear walked forward and stood before its master, with an angered look on its face, it growled and snarled as its due thickened.

"I doubt it" Feta said and smiled, a wicked grin on the left corner of his face.

He tightened his fist, raised it up, In return the spear began to move forward slowly. Feta opened his fist and near invisibility the spears moved forward with maximum speed.

Imole came to running landing right in front of the castle and walked in, Lord Bunmi's body laying lifeless on the ground with seven spears on him, his beast beside him, breathing it's last. He looked ahead and saw his master also laying unconscious and ran up to him.

"Hey wake up! " Imole said, shaking his master slightly on the shoulder.

Lord Wumi opened his eyes and let out a loud sigh, felt a slight pain on his back and turned around to reveal his burnt back which already was healing, surrounded with what looked like fireflies.

"Place your hands on it, we are healers, our powers are limitless only limited to our thinking" Lord Wumi said, while straining his words.

Imole placed his hands on the burnt area and instantly his hands began to glow, he could feel the wound rapidly healing up.

"What happened here? "

"Feta, he knew about this place from the start, he is going to awake the Sleeping dragon" Lord Wumi said and stood up, looked at his bare chest and got a glimpse of Lord Bunmi laying dead in a horrible way.

"Where is Lord Feta? "

Lord Wumi looked around the castle, unsure about where Feta was, the castle was the only visible thing on the island. He summoned out his lion beast and climbed on it.

"Some unique features of your beast, the lion heart can distinguish people's presence, sniff them out, or track even if traces are gone" Lord Wumi said and slowly his beast led him out of the castle.

They both stood at the very edge of the city gate, which separated the sea from the city, the beast snarled, signalling the end of its trace.

"Below the water " Imole said and knelt down towards the sea.

The sea began to move in an irregular pattern, lots of huge ripples popped up the surface which followed by lightning and thunder, the sky turned dark and from above a pillar of fire descended down right to the middle of the sea.

The sea parted in a circular path and from the opening, various beasts began to troop out in large uncountable numbers.

The sea solidified, went rigid, hard as rock.

"It's too late, nothing can stop him now " Lord Wumi said with his mouth wide agape as huge beasts and demons alike crawled out of the pit.

The pillar of fire slowly died down and out of the pit, came out a huge dragon, burning with flames, the horns were made of flame, the body brewing with larva, that dropped down it's body and melted the beast beneath it. The tail was of hard scales that could not be broken and on it sat Feta.

The beast spread its nightly wings and flapped it which sent strong wings all around, that it sent Imole off balance and Lord Wumi moved back a bit.

"He is headed for the outer world" Lord Wumi said and in one swift bound his beast flew into the air after the dragon.

"This is suicide" Imole muffled and also took to his heel.

He fell down hard to the ground and noticed tow huge balls chained to his legs, it was then he noticed his master had chained him there with his powers.

Lord Wumi made a huge sword of fire come out from his right hand, while he held to the manes of his lion beast as it dived through the air.

The beast roared loudly as it grabbed a beast with its teeth and shred it apart, it dived to the left and grabbed another with its paws, made sharp claws out of them and dug it into the beast in its grasp.

Lord Wumi stretched out his sword and slashed approaching beasts, summoned fireballs on the tip of the sword and shot it at the attacking beasts.

He stood on the back of his flying beast and turned his speed into a red bow, Feta's dragon flying up ahead. Lord Wumi pulled the string of his bow and instantly three arrows formed on it. Taking his perfect aim at Feta, he released the string of the bow.

The arrows, moved with ease, piercing the beasts on their path and still maintaining the maximum speed in which they had been released.

The first arrow narrowly missed Feta passing beside his ear, seeing this Feta turned around, the second arrow pierced through his chest, and quickly he bent down dodging the last.

Imole made a huge axe out from his hand and slashed the chains tied to his right leg, on impact the axe shattered, he made another one and also it shattered.

Feta turned his dragon around and before him, Lord Wumi and his beast looked like flea.

"Lionheart, you have to grow in size" Lord Wumi said and instantly the beast increased in size as huge as the dragon.

Feta chuckled with a wicked grin, his beast opened its burning mouth, and snuffed, which let out black thick fumes from the nostrils.

Without warning, the beast spit out fire from its mouth at Lord Wumi, who was quick to summon out a shield before his beast.

The force of the fire, proved to be so strong, Lord Wumi had to channel more energy into the shield. His beast edged forward, roared loudly and also threw out a white glowing ball from its mouth, which hit the dragon so hard, Feta lost grip and fell off the beast, seeing this Lord Wumi dived down his beast, towards Feta, grabbed him by the neck and screamed as he increased the pace at which they both descended down to the ground.

A sonic boom followed as they touched ground, thick dust in the air. Imole strained as he tried to get himself free, all he used still proved null even his beast could do nothing.

Lionheart circled round the dragon as it spit fire, manipulating the fire dragon which unknowingly burnt down the other beast that tried getting through to the outer world.

Lord Wumi coughed as the dust settled down, a huge crater they had formed on impact to the ground.

"This was my ambition" a furious voice shouted.

A heavy kick landed on Lord Wumi which sent him out of the crater, rolling hard on the ground, he knew Feta was a thousand time stronger than he was, no amount of fight could bring him down, but there was only one way. Give Feta his powers.

Feta pulled Lord Wumi by the hairs and raised him up into the air, and summoned out a sword on the left arm.

"Look at you, your powers are useless"

Lord Wumi placed his right middle finger on Feta's head.

"That's right, pass me your powers " Feta said with a terrible laughter.

Lord Wumi's body began to glow, as his powers flowed into Feta who was happy at the turn out of events.

"So much powers you never use" Feta said.

Feta began to feel uncomfortable, he had reach the peak at which he could contain any more powers, something he never knew was possible.

"Do you feel it?" Lord Wumi asked weakly, as he got drained "You are going to explode, there is no more room to contain any more powers"

"Aaarrghhh!!!!" Feta screamed and drove the sword into Lord Wumi's rib cage, hacked him and pulled out the sword along side some vital organs.

Imole gasped, he knew what had happen, tears in his eyes, he summoned out his spirit bow and shot the chains which broke easily. He climbed on his beast soul which flew into the air, flying at a rapid pace.

Lionheart suddenly fell to the ground, lifeless.

Lord Feta screamed in agony as his body began to break apart, the powers were too much to contain, his skin began to peel off as heat burnt him from within and instantly he exploded.

The wave of the explosion spread round the Island of Solitude, bending every trees, it sent Imole off balance on his beast, quickly his beast got him by the claws before he could touch ground.

He came to a running landing and saw the gruesome sight of his master, ripped into two, he let out a loud scream, which shook the entire foundation.

A huge wolf appeared in distance, it was Dara's beast soul with her seated on it, she alighted the beast and knelt down beside Imole and looked into his eyes with her already swollen eyes.

"Come on, we have to go, this world is dying from outside. "

End..

Remember to leave a comment if you liked it.
A

2 Likes

Re: Apprentice by xaviercasmir(m): 3:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
wow most incredible piece.

1 Like

Re: Apprentice by AceRoyal: 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
Very nice piece.
I've been following you for a while and you're a very good fictional writer. Wish this story was longer!
More please! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apprentice by littleguy444: 8:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
what an incredible piece , infact I am short of words.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What I Want In A Woman / An Excurpt Of Chinua Achebe's "There Was A Country" / Its Not Too Late To Change The Tide(a Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.