Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ (31264 Views)

Mubarak Bala: Soyinka Accuses Ganduje Of Hypocrisy Over Atheist’s Imprisonment / Nigeria: Mubarak Bala Appears In Court For First Time In 644 Days / Blasphemy: Mubarak Bala Detained Since February Over Facebook Post (2) (3) (4)

Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
The wife of a prominent Nigerian humanist accused of blasphemy has pleaded for information about his wellbeing on the eve of the three-month anniversary of his detention.

Mubarak Bala, the president of the Humanist Association of Nigeria, was arrested at his home in Kaduna state on 28 April and taken to neighbouring Kano. In the weeks before, he had posted comments critical of Islam on Facebook that caused outrage in the deeply religious and conservative part of the country.

Since being taken to Kano, Bala’s whereabouts and his health are unknown. According to figures close to him, he has been denied contact with his family and lawyers.

I don’t know whether he’s dead or alive, in prison or not,” his wife, Amina Mubarak, said. “At this point, I’m not even begging for his release, I just want his proof of life.

Ms Mubarak, who had given birth to a boy six weeks before her husband was taken, said she had desperately pleaded with officers at the police headquarters in the capital, Abuja, to allow her contact with her husband. She also asked for proof of his wellbeing, but was denied on both counts.

It is unbearable, going through this psychological and emotional trauma right now. I’ve tried all I can,” she said.

A lawyer for Bala in Kano said the 36-year-old was being treated especially severely.

“I’m concerned that someone is being held incommunicado when it is not as if he has committed terrorism or murder,” said the lawyer, who spoke anonymously because of sensitivities around the case. “It should confirm to everybody that the system is supporting injustice.”

Kano has a dual sharia and state legal system and Bala has been charged under state law with violating a religious offence law and with cybercrime. Religious figures in Kano have pushed for Bala to be punished, prompting fears he would be tried under sharia law, but for now this does not appear to have happened.

On Friday, United Nations rights experts said there had been a “a serious lack of due process” in Bala’s treatment.

“The arrest and detention of Mr Bala amounts to persecution of non-believers in Nigeria,” a statement said. “We are also gravely concerned about Mr Bala’s safety, while in detention, in light of the death threats against him, and further fear that he may be subjected to torture … or punishment due to his atheistic beliefs.”

The experts also noted that “the small community of non-religious people or non-believers in Nigeria constantly face harassment, discrimination, persecution and prohibitive social taboos”.

Bala’s outspoken criticism of religion and Islam in Nigeria touched a nerve in the predominantly Muslim north, where open, religious dissent is uncommon. The son of a widely regarded Islamic scholar, he renounced Islam in 2014 and was forcibly committed to a psychiatric facility by his family in Kano for 18 days before being discharged.

Leo Igwe, a fellow Nigerian humanist and rights activist, said Bala had fostered a community for thousands of Nigerian atheists, and that his arrest threatened their freedoms. “It is clear that they want to disappear him as a way of silencing these beliefs,” he said.

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/wife-of-mubarak-bala-detained-nigerian-humanist-plea-for-information

Gods of our ancestors Sarkin Iskoki show mercy. Give us justice.

President of Nigeria Muhamadu Buhari. See the sufferings of your people. Is there no end to our sufferings in our own land? What did we gain independence for? To see such days? We never suffered so much even under Colonialism. We ask with folded hands. Give us some good news.

I urge all Nigerians irrespective of background to join this cause and voice your support here. Let our silence not be the cause of our own situation.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Evergreen4(m): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2020
These are the kind of things you witness when there is religious intolerance. Did his blasphemy stop them from practicing their religion and worshiping their god. Religion causing much problems than profering solutions

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Sunofgod(m): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2020
There is no such thing as freedom of speech............Worldwide.

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Slawormir: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Although i have a strong affiliation with Islam

But i must confess as a real niggarrr this is not good

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2020

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by OkhaiAsein(m): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2020
this topic no get head
meanwhile I'll design a brand logo and flyer for your business for just 3k

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2020
Bala’s outspoken criticism of religion and Islam in Nigeria touched a nerve in the predominantly Muslim north, where open, religious dissent is uncommon.
The son of a widely regarded Islamic scholar, he renounced Islam in 2014 and was forcibly committed to a psychiatric facility by his family in Kano for 18 days before being discharged.

Leo Igwe, a fellow Nigerian humanist and rights activist, said Bala had fostered a community for thousands of Nigerian atheists, and that his arrest threatened their freedoms. “
He should let the Muslims and other religion practice their religion in peace after renouncing Islam 6 years ago (before going to a psychiatric facility) and personally believe in whatever he chooses to believe in without castigating other religions.
Why the criticism of other religions by Bala?
He doesn't want to respect other religions,
But he wants to force his atheism on others.
Anyways,
May whatever he and his fellow atheists believe in......save him!

We Rise!

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by jamalnation(m): 9:06am On Jul 28, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Damnnnnn Niggarrr

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by YorubaKinging: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2020
The end is near

There are two truths in this world

The worldly truth and
The Truth (which Jesus said will set us free froms deceptions and lies )

Unfortunately most people believe the worldly version of the Truth because they grew up to be taught in schools, churches, and even on TV shows

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by EyezofGod120: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2020
angrydamnnnn niggaarr
Issookay
Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Lagosfinder(m): 9:06am On Jul 28, 2020
E don happen �

Coronavirus don finally get cure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAjkbDIO7n4
Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Mo3891: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2020

Hell Rufai is just sinking himself daily, Religious intolerance and ethnic bigotry would rubbish all his future political plan

Hell Rufai vs Southern Kaduna
Hell Rufai's Son vs Ibo
Hell Rufai vs Shi'ite
Hell Rufai vs Humanist

17 Likes

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by oluwaseyi0: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2020
Islam the most intolerant religion ever seen, Christians have seen more criticism than Islam has ever or will ever see yet the religion of peace is the one always using instruments of state to percecute his assumed opposition while granting ballroom graduation to their own terrorists

Now that aethiest are been attacked let's see position of Christian's

47 Likes

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Openbusiness4: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Maple51: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2020
embarassed human rights in this country are a joke. Why can't people be allowed to express themselves freely? This is not democracy we are practising o

For less than your sub money, learn to build any kind of website with WP (#1,999) and start building websites in 2 days! Click my name for details

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Muurian: 9:08am On Jul 28, 2020
Muslims and Christians using any fraction of power they have to make sure other beliefs contrary to theirs is stifled and killed. They keep hyping foreign mental constructs and will not waste a second in resorting to violence once anything is said contrary to the alleged wordings of their super-book given to them by the alleged mental constructs.

Hear me oh you citizens of Nigeria, Christians and Muslims do not own Nigeria!
If you feel offended at a remark to your religious constructs, you lack maturity and common sense!

If the so-called religious constructs being worshipped and hailed are as powerful as they have been often alleged to be, why can't they fücking fight for themselves for once in our generation. Why do this religious constructs always need humans to fight and defend them?

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by HappyPagan: 9:08am On Jul 28, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
This can't hit front-page. It's an atheist that's being "prosecuted" if it were a Christian it'd have hit
Na small small we go win. Seun is waiting for atheism to go mainstream before letting it on frontpage...

I mean this is an atheist that created a safe space for Muslim conversations...

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Viking007(m): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2020
I never knew this man is still locked up. This is the kind of country we now live in.

18 Likes

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by money121(m): 9:08am On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by aybabz101: 9:09am On Jul 28, 2020
What a country!

we have a constitution which clearly dictates that every citizen of the country av

*freedom of speech
*freedom of expression
*freedom of thought and religion

but its unfortunate that this same country gave a jurisdictional independence to a geopolitical zone which blatantly suppress these rights all in the name of religion.

They can say whatever they want to others; but if same is said about their religion, it is blasphemy which ridiculously is punishable by death according to Sharia.

If drastic action is not taken to redress d level of inequity and nepotism being displayed by the political elites especially of the northern descent; it will bring the end to this country.

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by ContractKiller: 9:09am On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by gnykelly(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2020
sometimes one will just conclude that northerners are madd. or is there anything to prove otherwise

18 Likes

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Inkling(f): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2020
Eeyaaa

Ndoo
Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 28, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
This can't hit front-page. It's an atheist that's being "prosecuted" if it were a Christian it'd have hit

It has now, and as a Christian, I think that what is happening to Mr Bala is wrong

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Jasseyfrd(m): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2020
post=92189129:
May whatever he and his fellow atheists believe in, save him!
We Rise!

how market....ur banned don expired?

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by DadojoReloaded(m): 9:11am On Jul 28, 2020
So the police now detain citizens for openly airing their religious views shocked

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Mowsid(m): 9:11am On Jul 28, 2020
Most at times we just need to keep shut not that we don't know the truth but most importantly for our safe welfare

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Ykc2(m): 9:11am On Jul 28, 2020
Any religion that kills any member for leaving that religion is occult religion,argue with your koran

34 Likes

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by Olayinka8793(m): 9:11am On Jul 28, 2020
As a Muslim, I feel embarrassed.
As a Southern Nigerian sharing country with the fanatic North, I feel ashamed.

24 Likes

Re: Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ by IYANGBALI: 9:11am On Jul 28, 2020
I thank God I'm a Christian. Abeg make una no mention me o. I have the write to be a Christian

Ife-Ifewara Road: Senate Hails RCCG, Asks FG’s Contractors To Refund ₦140M / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Video of March For Tinubu In Ibadan