Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year (11660 Views)

Klopp Wins Premier League Manager Of The Season / The Whole Premier League Managers Should Protest 4 Pep To Leave England / Jurgen Klopp Wins Men's Coach Of The Year At FIFA's Best Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by ogbiwa: 6:13am On Jul 28, 2020
Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp has been named the League Managers' Association manager of the year.

Klopp's team won the Premier League - the Reds' first English top-flight title for 30 years.

Emma Hayes recently won the FA Women's Super League manager of the year award after leading Chelsea to the title.

Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa won the Championship award after guiding his side to the title and promotion to the Premier League.

In announcing Klopp as the winner on Sky Sports, former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It was thoroughly deserved.

"The performance level of your team was outstanding. Your personality runs right through the whole club.

"I'll forgive you for ringing me at half past three in the morning to tell me you had won the league - thank you!"

Klopp's side amassed 99 points as they won the Premier League title by 18 points from second-placed Manchester City.

"I'm absolutely delighted to be named the winner of the League Managers Association manager of the year award, for this wonderful Sir Alex Ferguson trophy, named after a man that I admire so much," said Klopp.

"I know it's not 100% appropriate as a Liverpool manager - but I admire him. He was the first British manager I met and we had breakfast together. It was long ago and I'm not sure if he remembers it still, but I remember it forever because it was for me in this moment like meeting the Pope if you want!

"It was absolutely great and from the first second we really clicked. I wouldn't have thought in that moment that one day I would hold the trophy in my hands which is named after him."

He added: "It feels extra special to win this award because it is voted for by my fellow managers.

"It's an honour to be in the company of so many managers who have been named as LMA manager of the year before, including of course Liverpool managers like Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley, Joe Fagan, Sir Kenny Dalglish and, in recent years, Brendan Rodgers."

"I am here on behalf of my coaches. I'm OK as a manager but they make us a real special bunch of football brains and I love to work with them together. To work together with Pep Lijnders, Peter Krawietz, John Achterberg, Vitor Matos and Jack Robinson - it's a pleasure."

The FA Women's Championship manager of the year was Aston Villa's Gemma Davies.

Coventry City boss Mark Robins was the League One winner, while Crewe Alexandra manager David Artell got the League Two award.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53560879

10 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by logon599: 6:14am On Jul 28, 2020
Was there even a competition for this year's award?
Meanwhile Klopp called Ferguson at 3am to tell him they've won the title? That man is a character cheesy

Are you planning an upcoming building project and don't have a decent plan yet? Contact me to design the complete building drawings (architectural, as well as securing structural, mechanical, electrical and Bill of Quantities, including professional construction supervision, consultation and labor from foundation to any level) all at VERY decent costs. See correspondence in my signature below or simply chat/call 0816 124 7898 to get started or see samples. Thank you

48 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by vickyhow(m): 6:19am On Jul 28, 2020
Well deserved.
Unrivalled anyway!

5 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 28, 2020
Kudos to Klopp and his boys, they deserve everything wink

Chelsea will fvck epl next season cool ktbffh.

Varchester united should stop paying VAR for goals, imagine bruno penaldes having 8 epl goals and all from p.k spot undecided

Liverpool =epl winner

Mancity=Carabao cup winner

Varunited= Var pusher

Chelsea= FA cup winner(Assnal na our wife)

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by izzou(m): 6:22am On Jul 28, 2020
I just admire this guy..

He was once the Chief of bottlers. But today, na him be the Man of the year

Failure is definitely a part of man's life. If you're too scared to fail, you're not ready to succeed

But then, the hardest part is not getting to the top. It's staying at the top

Congratulations Jürgen

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by money121(m): 6:58am On Jul 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by PigTormentor: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2020
Congratulations!
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Trivas: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2020
Nice o
Pls guys check my signature and take action
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by moscobabs(m): 6:59am On Jul 28, 2020
Lampard deserves it more

2 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2020
He should win manager of the year, the guy was just too good this season, he had all the liverpool doing well, he won the league, and as an added bonus TAA is finally becoming the best player he can be.

Though I still find it funny how he called Ferguson at 3am to tell him he won the league grin

I feel he deserved the manager of the year award, but what about you

Like for klopp, share for lampard

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by gbaskiboy: 6:59am On Jul 28, 2020
Good for Mr Klopp
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by styless(f): 6:59am On Jul 28, 2020
;D3
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by XXLMANDIGO: 7:00am On Jul 28, 2020
Well deserved. Congrats Jurgen. Nothing beat determination and resilience in the quest to succeed in Life.

Don't ever give up no matter the number of times you find yourself down..

5 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by PureGoldh(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2020
Congratulations to him...Well deserved
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by BigBelleControl(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2020
Klopp deserves the award and the title but all the other teams really went to sleep.

Pep should be made to spend two weeks at Guatanamo Bay for losing the league with 18 points with all his array of stars.

Next seasons top 4 prediction
1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Manchester United

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by holuwaseun04(m): 7:00am On Jul 28, 2020
well, I think he deserve it, he is very good.
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Felajack: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2020
He has done very well for the club in the space of three years.
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Funshorr: 7:01am On Jul 28, 2020
He must be so excited to win be that associate manager, e no easy bc he worths it
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Jiana04(f): 7:01am On Jul 28, 2020
Lampard deserves it more. grin

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2020
Slawormir coman put ur Damnnnnn niggarrr b4 space finishes

2 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by deboysben(m): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2020
A big congrats to him

We never walk alone.
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2020
Jiana04:
Lampard deserves it more. grin

Joke of the year

8 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Usmanbubu(m): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2020
like for kloop share for pep

3 Likes

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by SHEAU(m): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2020
He’s a good man manager
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Bobotic(m): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2020
Big Congrats tongue

1 Like

Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by nanauju(f): 7:02am On Jul 28, 2020
Oh
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 28, 2020
D
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by ThatFairGuy1: 7:03am On Jul 28, 2020
We don't know him in our own World
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by jagaban002(m): 7:04am On Jul 28, 2020
If Lampard wins FA , he’s definitely the coach of the season
Re: Jurgen Klopp Wins The League Managers Association Manager Of The Year by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Kudos to Klopp and his boys, they deserve everything wink

Chelsea will fvck epl next season cool ktbffh.

Varchester united should stop paying VAR for goals, imagine bruno penaldes having 8 epl goals and all from p.k spot undecided

Liverpool =epl winner

Mancity=carling cup winner

Varunited= Var pusher

Chelsea= FA cup winner(Assnal na our wife)

It's no longer carling cup, it's now Carabao cup

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Birmingham 2022: Laidi Taiwo Claims Silver In Women's Weightlifting Event / Harry Kane 'hopeful' Of Being Fit For Champions League Final / Tips To Feel Better When Your Favourite Team Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.