Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience (21450 Views)

South Africa President Encouraged Lady Looking For Job To Keep Searching / Professional CV and Cover Letter Templates For Job Seekers / Woman With Placard Searching For Job For Her Husband In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by godguy: 8:49am On Jul 28, 2020
Hello All,

I recently submitted some resumes for an opening in a bank. I was asked for referrals by one of the recruiters, so i source for candidates from LinkedIn and other sources. The recruiter later shared with me his experience with one of the candidate, below is how the conversation went:

Caller (recruiter) : Hello, good day , I am calling from xyz bank, im I onto Mr X?

Mr X (candidate): You want to ask for my BVN abi?, SCAMMERS

Caller (recruiter): We are actually calling for a chat after reviewing your cv

Mr X (candidate): Oh, i actually thought is all this scammers

Caller (recruiter)): ended the call

I hope you can pick some lesson(s) from the conversation, though there are scammers out there, but we should still be careful.

Thanks

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by NwanyiOkpa(f): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
i dedicate this spot to all g-spots

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by GboyegaD(m): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2020
Sincerely, I wonder why many Nigerians are quick to label situations scam. This unfortunately isn't a learning point for many as we think we are smarter than we actually are.

Wish you success in the near future.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by Starz825(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
Na wa oo
This life seff!!
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by ODJ124(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
Not everything is u must label scam..
chai great opportunity missed..
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by Jeromejnr(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
Smh

Why Nigerians should stop jumping to conclusions. Not everyone wants to scam you.

1 Like

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by michealdeco: 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
You're right

Sometimes people are always in a haste to conclude without proper investigation or hearing

And that's one problem many Nigerians have

They'll never read or listen till the end of a story before passing their judgements

27 Likes

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by GrandMufti: 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
angry
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by Bloghomies(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
Advice for job seekers? There is nothing to learn here my dear. The recruiter is just an A hole!

I run a business, and I can't turn down a potential employee just because he was security conscious.

Please dear Job Seekers, if the job isn't coming, consider Starting A Business here in Nigeria.

There are lots of Lucrative Business Ideas you can start, even with low capital. Give yourself time, and you'll never regret it.

188 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by RuddyFusion(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
Those hiring are now more demanding and the competition out there now post Covid-19 is way harder that you can ever imagine.

Whatever job you may be hurting for please have your side hustle rolling...

Without my side hustle I wonder what would become of me post COVID-19

Doing your own thing gives you peace of mind and freedom to do much more that you can ever imagine...

Good luck to all hustlers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by jurist01(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
Lol. Quite funny. That doesn't mean scammers don't use the same format. Shine your eyes bro. Your CV might have been picked from the suya spot

37 Likes

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by Kennyfancy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
J
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by idari: 4:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
K.
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
Well whatever

What will be will be
Beware of scammers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by wonder233: 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
It was a scammer. You busted his scam that was why he dropped the call. He just told you that CV job line to make you feel bad - It's called reverse psychology.
A real recruiter won't take offence especially one from a bank knowing the infestation of scammers in the financial sector today.

168 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by benicta(f): 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
E get as e be
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by Whothecapfits: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
Nothing goes for nothing. What are you ready to part with?
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by afilex(m): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
KZY
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by superjaks(m): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hasty conclusion there
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by Partnerbiz(f): 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
You sound as if you want us to relax so you call us.

11 Likes

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by poiunt: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2020
nonsense.

I dont know why this is on frontpage.

You wont blame the guy when he is over careful espcially with various scam scheme everywhere

10 Likes

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by imdavid704(f): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
Funny .call me for your 3d logo with 25% discount
Check my signature for my phone number
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by LoyalRccgMember: 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
Mad oooo
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by rhemauni: 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
grin
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by teadrake(m): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
The recruiter should have understood the current age we lived in. Scammers adopt the same strategy. Since the person in question already drew back from the second paragraph, I think the recruiter should have clarified further and proceed with the interview if truly they're giving out the job or they could have adopted other channels such as mail or SMS.

17 Likes

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by Firstorderwizard(m): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Fake news

3 Likes

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by MrHighSea: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Candidate ain't in the wrong na.

That scamming mode dy rampant.

6 Likes

Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by kiddkash(m): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
you're fuccked
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by ThatFairGuy1: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
That's applicable to most Nigerian. They're quick to point accusing finger.
Someone call you, no matter what, LISTEN FIRST.

Typical me, Even when those bombers (According to slawormir) calls, despite knowing already that they're scammer, all I says is LOOK FOR ANOTHER CUSTOMER.

Kofa'ja
Re: Advice For Job Seekers Based On Experience by poiunt: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
michealdeco:
You're right

Sometimes people are always in a haste to conclude without proper investigation or hearing

And that's one problem many Nigerians have

They'll never read or listen till the end of a story before passing their judgements

Mr I disagree with you..from the convo, the caller wasnt even professional

Hello, good day , I am calling from xyz bank, im I onto Mr X?

Is that not the call format for scammers asking for bvn?

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Genuine Is BRIMSTONE GLOBAL SOLUTIONS / Nigerians Will Employ A Chef & Turn Him Into Nanny, Gateman, Others For N17,500 / N-power: You Scored 50% But Not Shortlisted? Please Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.