Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,906 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk (17639 Views)

Aiyedatiwa Appoints Ex-NASS Clerk, Olaide Adelami As Deputy Governor Of Ondo / Fati, Ibrahim Attahiru's Wife Is Alive, Not Dead - Dattijo Mohammed Sani / EFCC Interrogates Mohammed Sani-Omolori National Assembly Clerk, Seizes Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by etokhana: 6:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
Suleman Belgore of the federal capital territory (FCT) high court, sitting in Maitama, has issued a warrant for the arrest of Mohammed Sani-Omolori, the immediate past clerk of the national assembly.

Belgore issued the order following an ex parte application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) seeking an order of the court for Omolori’s arrest.

According to NAN, in the application marked M/8728/2020 filed before the court, the EFCC claimed that Omolori had ignored its invitation to report to the commission’s office to answer questions regarding a petition on his alleged mismanagement of funds.

The EFCC said it was investigating an allegation on the diversion of 14 Toyota Hilux vehicles and 13 Peugeot 508 vehies valued at over N400 million.

According to the commission, in the course of the investigation, Adamu Mohammed Fika, secretary of the national assembly commission, Oluseye Ajakaye and others were invited to its office.

EFCC alleged that the invitees made revelations indicting Omolori, after which letters were sent to him on November 4, 2019, which Omolori failed to honour.

EFCC added that it sent another letter to him on March 16, 2020, which he still failed to honour, after which the commission said it was left with no option than to approach the court for a warrant of arrest to be issued against the respondent.

After listening to S.N. Robert, counsel for the EFCC, the judge granted the commission’s application.

“I have considered the application, I averted to Paragraph 7 of the supporting affidavit and Exhibit EFCC 4 wherein the respondent was said to have ignored invitations to report in the applicant’s office without any justifiable reason,” the judge said.

“It is clear to me that Section 3 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA), 2015 can be invoked in the circumstances of this case in granting this application and I so do.

“Warrant of immediate arrest is hereby issued against Mohammed Omolori, the former Clerk of the National Assembly forthwith.”

https://www.thecable.ng/court-issues-warrant-for-immediate-arrest-of-sani-omolori/amp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Karlifate: 6:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
The same clerk that said, "no one can sack me" the other day.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Charmingrascal(m): 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2020
More reason why he didn't want to retire, he was getting goody bags.

I won't be surprised if after all investigations some Senators are accomplices of his erroneous act.

Make I tell u something, for this our Corntree everybody is corrupt

20 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by MiztaSpark(m): 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
Now I see, the desperation to sack was all about giving way for EFCC.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by fraymite: 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Is it that they are blind when mismanaging resources entrusted to them?

Meanwhile you can buy cheap SME data from me and pay your electricity subscription for just #100 chargee. Check my signature for contact.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by BigSarah(f): 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
Baba go retire for prison by force

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by wonder233: 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2020
Same boring pattern: Media trial that nothing will come out of as usual.
Regime supporters will celebrate it as 'another giant victory ' in their fantasy anti-corruption war.
Scamadministration

10 Likes

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by ayspac(m): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Good to know
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by janedonez(m): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
So, this drama is on going. Power tussle is really bad
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by straighttalk(m): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Gbagaaam

After the fall of man comes his reckoning. Even though na paddy paddy judicial system dey for this country, dem go still shake am small so that him no dey chop all the money he stole in peace.
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by ForeThinker: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Las Las the con3 still a jungle

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Thats why he didn't want to Retire, Looting Machine grin

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Xavierolla(m): 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
What happened
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
The EFCC said it was investigating an allegation on the diversion of 14 Toyota Hilux vehicles and 13 Peugeot 508 vehies valued at over N400 million.
And this is just a clerk of National Assembly
Imagine the kinda criminality and corruption going on among the main law makers.

Thank God for our darling president in this nation.
This country would have been totally finished and buried by looters by now.

STEALING IS NOW CORRUPTION.

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
H
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by olaboy33(m): 7:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria,

Where no civil servant with access to the national wealth is clean.
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Zico5(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Which way Nigeria. With the way this country is going under this dispensation. I hope Nigeria will not be sold finally. Corruption everywhere, people have seen the handwriting on the wall that corruption is just a gimmick. Revelation upon revelation everyday.
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by RichDad1(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Good for him. Greedy thief.
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by GOFRONT(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Chaiii....

Ordinary clerk oo......
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by sammychimex(m): 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
There's always something fishy about assembly clerks.

Both national and states houses of assembly, those guys are almost as corrupt as the legislators.

God knows I honestly don't want Nigeria to be the one ly country my children will lay citizenship claim to.
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Wigetsolar: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Rebuke: 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Hmmmm. When they are done looting Nigeria dry they will rest, hopefully.

Corruption everywhere under the so called mr. Integrity fighting corruption.

Like everyone in this government is corrupt. This government is corruption personified, obviously!

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by Rityonyi(f): 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2020
Please guys help a sister, I want a job in Imo State.

I'm in Imo state at the moment. Hope Uzodima and any other person that can help me with a job my email is elegantlady488@gmail.com

My qualification is Bsc Banking & Finance

Job is not limited to banking or finance sector.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by AMvanquish: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2020
The man who wanted to turn the Clerk position to a monarchy.
This is just the tip of the Ice berg, if they dig further they will find more cobwebs in his closest.

I Heard most of the staff were happy with his sack, he played too much with their welfare and emoluments.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by DelTel(m): 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
Impunity!

His closeness to the seat of power has gotten him intoxicated.
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by money121(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ok
Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by HeavenlyHolines(m): 8:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
I need it's high time using the power of social media also with this platform and others to start mapping how Nigeria as a whole and 2023 election will be. We can't take all these any longer because we will fold our hands,stealing will be a norm in the lives of our children

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Sani-Omolori: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest Of Ex NASS Clerk by mechanics(m): 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2020
Karlifate:
The same clerk that said, "no one can sack me" the other day.
hahahah.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aroomikim Only Leaked Videos Or Telgrams On Reddit And Twitter Kim Aroomi / Pictures Of PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Benue / Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Project Have He/she Executed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.