Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes (54503 Views)

Betting: How I Betted On Opposite Side Of Same Event And Lost Both / How I Turned N50,000 To 5.7 Million In 8 Months / Safe Betting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by vickydevoka(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
nlwhy:
Nigerian betting sites are thief, they intentionally remove the cashout menu to prevent you from doing that, if it were foreign bookie they will not do that.
Not all. Buh u hardly cash out from esport cus dere tym it's limited
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by babyfaceafrica: 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2020
einsteine:

The bookies are not in charge. You can actually watch the players playing it on YouTube. They are professional FIFA 2019 players registered by EA Sports. However, the sport is just like tennis. It is between two individuals, so if you bet on it, just one (or both) players having a bad day and your money is gone

They can Actually fix it
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by maak400: 2:29pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kemimarch16:
Chai 880k just enter fire like that Kai the thing pain me o
Anty oni ponmo tongue
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
Greatzeus:
[s][/s]
Fake story,few days ago a guy claimed he lost millions,he even uploaded the screenshot,only to find out he copied the picture somewhere.
This one claimed he bet for the first time in his life and he used N800k and lost all. Yes nairaland if filled with mo rons but not all. I won't be surprised if you don't know where your next meal will come from. Empty vessels and their loud noises all over nairaland,spits.

Too many fake stories on nairaland these days.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by overdrive(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
GalPissetzky:
2 years ago, i went from 100k to 30m and lost all trying to make it to 50m. i have regretted that till today

Rollover
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by pawn89(m): 2:31pm On Jul 30, 2020
sport betting, a sure way to HBP

Never stake what you cannot afford to loose.

I stopped along time ago never to go back to it, I double my odds towards success by taking the longer route and not day dreaming of becoming a millionaire by staking a few hundreds.

Sorry for your loss, in the coming days you'll find yourself thinking about things you could have done with the money - pay no mind to it, the deeds has already been done.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by firstratedcitiz(m): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
You are a fool. No apologies. You wasted all that money just like that. Imagine if you had given out just 1% of that money to orphanage, prayers you would have received for act of charity would have opened ways for you in other ways.
By the way, you gambled on eSports. You played against the machine and got swindled. You didn't even bet on normal games. You got greedy. Served you right.
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

You may wonder why I had to risk such a huge sum.

It's simple; think I got greedy. embarassed

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

But, of course, my greed overshadowed any excuse I could offer.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

If you must, stake little sums and make future bets from your winnings.

cry cry cry

@lalasticlala, Mynd44 I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by oyeb15: 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2020
Virtual games isn't safe. Srl is better but don't bet on big teams cos there are much stakes on them thus become influenced.
To win SRL/ virtual games, stake on unlikely outcome.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by hidhrhis(m): 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
Abujarealtor I never count 500k for my life before yet u went to risk 880k on bet
Aje this life no balance at all
This is unfair ooo
200k out of the money would have established me for life with my business sense and plan
God why

7 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
MJBOLT:
880k gone,just like that undecided to slap this op dey hungry me.since you had no experience in sports betting,you should have started with a very little amount but you got greedy and paid the price.Sports bet is not for greedy people,if you love yourself dont ever go back to it.
Don't worry, he will try to recover his money
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by SweetCunt97(f): 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

As in. Dem chop me wella. Wonder what spirit led me to stake such a huge sum seriously.
Your village people ni. Ojukokoro. I fear you
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by useurkidney3121: 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
einsteine:
The average soccer (FIFA 19) esports players earn less than $20,000 a year. they can easily be convinced to throw a game for $10k or less. The fixer earns his money by betting across multiple sites.

U r a real nigga

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by olascoshow(m): 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Bro how I fit reach you abeg?
Bro, don't try it... It's gonna be a step to destruction. I've been there before, now I'm free. Betting isn't the way out, contentment is. Well, it's just an advice.

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:
Good day, everyone.

Yesterday was one of the most confusing days for me. For a moment, I almost ran mad.

Two weeks ago, I didn't even know what betting was like. Never done it, never experienced it. I hardly knew what the numbers meant.

Fast forward to yesterday, Tuesday, 28 July, I was risking a client's money on a game I thought was 'a sure bet.'

It was an eSports game I've been following for a while. I knew the players involved were very skilled and could score for fun. They did so in over 10 successive matches last night. So I thought it was worthwhile betting they'd score at least 2 goals.

I tried to do so in three attempts, but didn't have the mind to follow through, only for the matches to end up with at least 3 goals or more.

Informed by this, I thought it was safe to go on ahead and play this one time. I did. Unfortunately, both matches didn't end like I had predicted.

Over 800k was gone in a flash. I couldn't believe it. Seeing the signs, I attempted a cash out while the match was still live but couldn't, as the option wasn't available.

You may wonder why I had to risk such a huge sum.

It's simple; think I got greedy. embarassed

However, my excuse was that I needed money to offset some bills. Faced with so much responsibilities, I thought winning over a million naira would go a long way in helping me take care of stuff since business hasn't been coming in so much. The tile money I used was my first business since March, before the lockdown.

But, of course, my greed overshadowed any excuse I could offer.

To all the young men out there, please, regardless of how sure you are, do not stake more money than you're willing to lose. I've been there. The allure of making it big sooner can be overwhelming, but don't risk it.

If you must, stake little sums and make future bets from your winnings.

cry cry cry

@lalasticlala, Mynd44 I'm not sure whether this is the right place for this, but pls help push it to the front page so people can learn from my experience.

Let me tell you something.

The most unpredictable games are electronic games. There are no patterns.

And because they play multiple times per day, and across different electronic leagues, players may run into winning or losing streaks in matters of minutes. This may have a lot to do with the psyche of the individual players, as well as their physical capacities. They may start off fresh in the morning winning 6 games with over 2.5 goals, and get bored by afternoon, loosing 6 games or winning by under 2.5 goals.

So, your mistake was making a decision too quickly. You probably judged based on a few scores of games, and made up your mind to stake.

But the biggest mistake you made was staking so much money on your first try. Betting is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It is not a money doubling scheme. If you put this at the back of your mind, you will play with caution next time.

And mind you, there is nothing like "sure game" in the technical sense of the word. Yesterday, Cagliari with a poor run beat Juve with a better run, and form.

Also Udinese with at least some significant percentage of form better than Leece lost to Leece right in their backyard.

If you understand this, you will know better than to stake 800,000 naira on a so-called "sure game".

7 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by babyfaceafrica: 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
iyke926:

What is wrong with you? People don't just wake up and start betting because other people are doing it. Did you even bother to make research about football betting?

I do bet once in a while. This is a fact
Am I addicted? No.
Have I lost a huge sum that got me pained? It was 15k and I got over it in a week.
Have I won a huge sum? Yes 400k, with just N100

You even had the guts to place a bet on eSoccer....I mean who the fvck does that?☹️

You think you got greedy? No, you were stupid. No vex

Betting is 70% prediction and 30% luck.
don't deceive people, betting is 95% luck and 5% prediction.... Nothing like forecast.. The house always wins

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by SweetCunt97(f): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
hidhrhis:
Abujarealtor I never count 500k for my life before yet u went to risk 880k on bet
Aje this life no balance at all
This is unfair ooo
200k out of the money would have established me for life with my business sense and plan
God why
Baba go and make money and stop helping someone to calculate his money. Are all hands equal? Many spend that 800k just in clubs everyday without breaking a sweat.

Nothing is unfair, when ur time comes if it's written in ur star, you go count am well

2 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

It's the only way I could raise money fast enough to fund the client's orders. So I've been trying to do so responsibly ever since.
You still don't get it. Most league games were one can make a good prediction have ended.

Good luck on your quest, man.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by einsteine(m): 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
GalPissetzky:
i cant even believe it myself man. i have lost so much trying to repeat this stunt since then. in gambling the house always wins. to win the house u just have to stop.

That's shocking.

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Lexusgs430: 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2020
abujarealtor:

Please feel free to rebuke me. I deserve it. cry embarassed

Those your bills are still pending + you owe your client his/her funds..........

What a crazy decision you took.........

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Wettoid123: 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2020
u are greedy!
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Cheks5(m): 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
If to say e enter you for no tell us. You for still play again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Kemimarch16(f): 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
maak400:
Anty oni ponmo tongue
yes o I'm still waiting for you to patronize too

1 Like

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Vikalinda(m): 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2020
OP, The truth is that you are heading toward becoming a very poor man. it may sound rude or bitter but that's the truth you need serious help.

5 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by NNAMDIII(m): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
Kai see casted 2 odds
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by jrusky(m): 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
So at this Vonvid period where people are desperately hungry you went ahead to stake 800k in gambling bah

Ok nah.....no further comment.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by Orc13: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
You sound angry. Please learn not to allow your anger control you.

See attached a screenshot of the transfers to the betting account.

That someone else lied doesn't mean we're all liars. Watch how you address people pls.

You even get time dey answer this slowpoke
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by kheny12(m): 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
dangoteinlaw:
wait oh back up. Are u saying it is actually two people playing it as video game somewhere that is being shown as matches?? Please explain further thanks lol
Yes na,its like playing PS2 game with an opponent but this one is connected to the betting site.Don't you see their names in bracket.Eg.Chelsea(Roy)vs Arsenal(James).Electronic games no sure at all.

3 Likes

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by saajus: 2:43pm On Jul 30, 2020
You would have been the happiest man on earth if you had won 2m+ yesterday. Most of the time greed always hijack our rationale. You wanted to almost triple your account with just one stake. Haba, that's greed and that's why 95% of Nigerians can never make it from betting. They can win today, but they will lose it all tomorrow. Trust me, anything outside real games can be simulated by betting sites. eSports o, virtual sports o, anything outside normal real life game. Real games can be fixed too, especially in developing countries in Eastern Europe and Asia but it rarely happen cos of the repercussion.

When you said sure betting, I though you wanted to refer to Arbitrage. Arbitrage betting is the only sure betting but it has its cons too especially if one out of the two betting sites you arbitrage cancel your bet. That rarely happen in arbitrage but it can happen. In the terms and conditions of all betting site, they have power to cancel your stake before the game.

I am sorry that you have to learn your lesson bitterly.
Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by greenskittles: 2:44pm On Jul 30, 2020
stagger:
Nigeria needs to follow Uganda and Kenya's example. Uganda has outlawed sports betting completely. Kenya has stripped 27 companies of their licenses, including the big two Betin and SportPesa.

But no. Naija government now has the bet company owners as lawmakers.
In the US, online gambling is also illegal. Only physical gambling spots that can be regulated are allowed. At least then, someone physically going to a store to throw away all his money might have a rethink. In Vegas some people will even refuse to sell chips to you if they see that you're probably panicking and are going to lose everything. People like Akin Alabi that profited off people's desperation and are now in the government to steal our commonwealth wouldn't exist. Tell me how someone like that could possibly support a ban on online betting.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by millhouse: 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:
OP, you're lucky you didn't win. If you did, you'll have ended up losing more to bet than you wouldn't ever imagine.
best advise so far ... most don’t see it , if one hits big in betting , it’s almost certain all the Largesse will go back into it .Never a wise avenue for wealth .. That’s why big lottery winners often go back to square one .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safe Betting: How I Lost N880,000 In 8 Minutes by GalPissetzky: 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2020
einsteine:

That's shocking.
my life nearly got destroyed after that lost. it was like a dream

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Crowd Storm Loom Headquarters In Lagos To Demand For Their Money / Lazerpay Shuts Down, Withdraw Your Funds Before April 30 / 86fb Football Ponzi Scheme Steals Over N200 Billion - Investors Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.