Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

My Experience: My Most Embarrassing Moment In A Church. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Experience: My Most Embarrassing Moment In A Church. (610 Views)

In Love With A Church Girl (Episode 1) / THE SAN (i’m Poor As A Church Rat) / A Moment In The Future (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience: My Most Embarrassing Moment In A Church. by Peniel4pre: 8:19am On Jul 31, 2020
There was a big program being organized by the church and the children department were to perform choreography. I started the rehearsal with them until I became sick... Just 3 times of attending rehearsal I fell sick and I had to miss the rest of the rehearsal ... By then the tailor had already taken and sewn my own uniform...

My people ooo...

A night to the event... My village pipo decided it was time to set me free undecided I became well... So I started a midnight crash course that night! my cousin who was also among the choreographers was my teacher that night. I knew I had learnt everything well ooo I didn't know my village people went to sit down to watch me act Bollywood movie for them...

When I came to church with my uniform the sunday school teacher in charge asked me... Can you do it? Trust me na... With my Igboman sense and resting on my laurels; I just said to myself "is it not me again... Me that used to memorize last week memory verse in the car on Sunday morning and still deliver like Obama's speech?... Haha I can never carry last..." I gave her a confident lizard nod; telling her my sister thought me everything at night...

We were gorgeously dressed, with our purple on black uniform, pure white socks and hand gloves... Chai we looked angelic...

We were called in ooo... I can't forget, the song was 'sing out' by Ron Kenoly. It started and I was doing just great until a major part of my brain started whispering to me, telling me Oga you dey do rubbish cool. I thought as much because my moves were coming 3 seconds after everybody's.

I kept on freestyling anything I saw my neighbors doing, I was seriously doing it and hoping the congregation would think it is part of the style.

I felt like dying there.... grin oya to make matters worse my sister didn't tell me, Abi I forgot we were to change positions which had to bring me from the back to the front... grin (Chai I can't stop laughing). That was were I put the icing on the cake... I was caught totally off balance and I didn't have any front neighbor to copy from except my side one... So the one I see from my neighbor , I copy. The one I don't see, I do as my heart leads. grin

Now, you should understand that this was the biggest church around my area at that time... So the congregation were really really much... I just kept on copying from my neighbour and begging God to please open the ground so that I can jump in, grin

At a point wen I looked at the audience, so many people were laughing, I didn't need an angel to tell me why... I just managed myself until we finished....

Am not sure o but I think what happened on stage played a part in the snacks finishing when it got to me. And since that day, even to answer question during Sunday school, that teacher no dey gree me... grin

Thank God it's no longer embarrassing grin
Re: My Experience: My Most Embarrassing Moment In A Church. by Temitopemo6e6(m): 8:24am On Jul 31, 2020
It was back then in our local church when
growing up, we were giving memory
verse to read during xmas and i have
practiced it perfectly and even delivered
satisfactorily to my colleagues and
brothers at home but when the d day came. i just became dump on the pulpit
can't even remember
Re: My Experience: My Most Embarrassing Moment In A Church. by Skyfornia(m): 8:27am On Jul 31, 2020
grin
Re: My Experience: My Most Embarrassing Moment In A Church. by punisha: 8:59am On Jul 31, 2020
Wow wow wow wow .
I offer ambulance siren services for a cheap rate.

(1) (Reply)

Premium Grammarly Available! 1 month or 1 year validity / Writing A Synopsis / Osun Cvr Exercise: Ipac Committee Releases Forensic Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.