Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) (9806 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by 2prexios: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2020
Olu317:
Walakum Asalam. grin

The Salam or Shalom both have same root as far as the two words are from Semitic background. So my conclusion is that the meaning of the word in Hebrew is not what the interpreters got it from my perspective and other interpreters, who gave the meaning differently.

My take on Koine as highlighted by you is that the same way, Oyo's dialect and others are related is the same manner that Asiatic language and Semitic are related to Yoruba language that jn them, many synonymous cognates words exist in Yoruba language a d these Asiatic and Semitic language. Therefore, it wil be tactical to realise that word can either be picked, alongside co existing ethnic groups while migration take place,through any neighbouring ethnic group. And the Hebrew roots that each word be generated in Septuagint till it got to English are transliterated and translated even if not accurate.

Furthermore, my complexity isnot as hard to understand although, I try so much to minimise the transliteration and translation to the best of my knowledge but I give answers in a pattern, I expect anyone to decipher the answer or reply.

Lastly, the challenge to us all is that, one can have a form of knowledge of the Hebrew ancient language by, understanding the purpose of the language and speaker of it ,in present time,do exist as contrary to scholars, who don't know that

The words found in Hebrew language as deciphered by interpreters of the Hebrews ideograms exist in Yoruba's language; An ethnic group that presently live in West Africa.

Amin aleikun Salam,
waramotul lahi,
wabaraka tun.

Waidun: okan, one.
Odun: one lunar year.
Eid: Iyedun, Odun.
Odun a dun, koni kan.

Aatu Jo samodun ninu oro to po to lapere. Amin. The joy of the moment is evident in iyedun, meaning "to survive a year" we survived a lunar year today altogether and it's worth the rejoicing.

It's also a less ambiguous time to remember patriarch Abraham venerated today by the Muslims for his sacrificial offering that paved the way for the entrant of Divine blessings to all.

What best time there is to remember Yoruba founding fathers than this? We may have continued in destructive idolatry of human sacrifice, but with Abraham, we have another option.

Since Abraham was one of our heroes of faith, he's acknowledged in Yoruba historical tradition. We however ascribe to his name from the passage in the Otua (Torah), where his sacrifice vanished

Ebora: sacrifice vanished

It means we'll not have to continue to sacrifice like he did for all times under a terebinth tree of Mamre, Moreh. Then our Aboreh* can focus on worshipping God in spirit and in truth.

As to expect totality of knowledge from one quarter alone as some of our friends on the old thread did is an exercise in futility. Eventually, they're stuck in monotonous polemics.

People who can't stand on their own but play parasite needs their supposed "victims" to survive. So "ala nii foko ole han", according to the great Yoruba proverb.

Moreso, we can see from great pictures already shared that alluding to the Levant is not a syndrome of inferiority complex, rather the "ignorant masters" want us to abide by their "education" for us with temerity.

Yet that education is a clever way to keep our history in the ruins of the Vandals, so it never see the light of the day anymore. So we can stay where the inheritors of the world want us.

The descendants of Vandals will often continue in their vandalism, several imposters and insidious enemies will pretend as friends, but wisdom, knowledge and understanding will win.

*Aboreh, priest in Yoruba.

Abraham, Abram, Ebora:

Gen 15.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by 2prexios: 9:31am On Jul 31, 2020
"The Ebora, or Mole, are terra-cotta heads and figures of various kinds. . .I heard the following legends of the Eboras: There once was an old town called Illu-Olokun, that is, the Town of the Ruler of the Ocean, to the north of Ilife.

Our fathers before us have told us that in times long, long ago this city was surrounded by a lake to the South and a river on the North, by which one could get to the sea. Olokun, the Orisha, had founded this city before the creation of the earth.

The Omo-Olokun, who long since then had been driven to the South, left behind them the tradition that it actually was Olokun who created the earth on which Ilife stood."

This was from the tales that accompany the excavations at Olokun groove at Ile Ife, as reported in Odu.

I believe we know whose words it is, because anti-spam bolt often ban me anytime I made this point and mention the name of the archeologist.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by illicit(m): 9:38am On Jul 31, 2020
Yoruba is a kwa language not an Afro Asiatic language.

It is Niger Congo

We share similarities with languages in the same family.

There's no Abraham in Yoruba tradition and folklore

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2020
illicit:
Yoruba is a kwa language, an Afro Asiatic language.

Greetings brother. I will like that you employ traditions of the kwa, an afroasiatic language to explain Yoruba history. I believe we're getting somewhere again with "afroasiatic" clause.

That should be a new baby. As they says, "the death is in the details". If you can't explain the claim you make but just jumping in, I will assume it's just a feel good, "like farm" that you have come to set up here.

Exactly what we have dealt with before now in the older thread of the same name. This is where knowledge without understanding reign supreme.

It takes understanding to proof knowledge beyond the "contexts" paraded as fact that they were not.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by illicit(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2020
absoluteSuccess:

Greetings brother. I will like that you employ traditions of the kwa, an afroasiatic language to explain Yoruba history. I believe we're getting somewhere again with "afroasiatic" clause.

That should be a new baby. As they says, "the death is in the details". If you can't explain the claim you make but just jumping in, I will assume it's just a feel good, "like farm" that you have come to set up here.

Exa

Hmmm well I am not an historian per se.

I am Yoruba and a linguist.

I believe in Evolution than any creation story as well

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 9:55am On Jul 31, 2020
illicit:

Oh well that's fine then.

Let's just keep up with the tempo and see how things go. I believe we have a lot to learn.

Thanks for giving us a good and honest opinion from the very beginning, God bless you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by illicit(m): 9:58am On Jul 31, 2020
absoluteSuccess:

Oh well that's fine then.

Let's just keep up with the tempo and see how things go. I believe we have a lot to learn.

Thanks for giving us a good and honest opinion from the very beginning, God bless you sir.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2020
illicit:

cheers

U are welcome bro.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by macof(m): 12:55pm On Jul 31, 2020
illicit:

These clowns are just obsessed with semitic people of the middle east. It's an imaginary based narrative nothing more

They are well aware of their lack of valuable content, its just they can't help but wish to be Hebrew, more especially to be descendants of Abraham

https://www.nairaland.com/4475313/yoruba-hebrew-heritage/77
I have dealt their nonsense charade a heavy blow on this thread

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 8:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
macof:

These clowns are just obsessed with semitic people of the middle east. It's an imaginary based narrative nothing more

They are well aware of their lack of valuable content, its just they can't help but wish to be Hebrew, more especially to be descendants of Abraham

https://www.nairaland.com/4475313/yoruba-hebrew-heritage/77
I have dealt their nonsense charade a heavy blow on this thread

Thanks very much for the link.

The thread is quite long and have to be broken at a point.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 6:19am On Aug 02, 2020
illicit:
Yoruba is a kwa language not an Afro Asiatic language.

It is Niger Congo

I disagree with such notion, with a lot of information that Yoruba language being classified as kwa is dubious because , there was a problem with yoruba language etc in West Africa, ought be classified,which led to this Kwa as name in 1950s, which has no meaning in Yoruba language. Documented information, has it that Yoruba language was once classified as Sudanic language.

The people who classified Yoruba language have no knowledge of the language's history, hence the language was classified as Kwa.Therefore Yoruba's language of ‘intimacy' are not understood by any member family of Niger Congo except properly Yoruba related ethnic group with knowledge of Ifaodu because the intimacy dialects are older than the koine dialect.
From research, Yoruba language is a teacher's language in West Africa as well as in North Africa, during the antiquity.This language is well coded in Ifaodu, which has absolute traditions that's parallel with Abrahamic religion: Such as:

1.Mass Twin birth

2.Washing of bride's feet before entry into her groom's home

3.Levirate marriage

4.Circumcision of a child on the eight day

5.Sacrifices such as burnt offering as being,animals slaughtering, divination , etc being practise in Yoruba religion were documented to be found in Mesoptamia

6.Errection of Ivory or monument to symbolise something as found in Ancient Near East are aldo found in Yoruba traditions

7.Crowns found in Yoruba land are same or parallel with Near East's Crowns, patterned with diadem,eyes,rosset, king Solomon knot, metal helmets, fezlike cap, etc

8.Loom found in Yoruba culture as found in Northern Africa

9.Ceramic ,Terracotta Art work of Yoruba as found in Near East.

10. Structure built in Yoruba land are closely related or same with North Africa etc.

Apart from the above information, you can read more on the unclear area of Yoruba's language historicity as being wrongly classified from a renown scholar, Professor Isaac Adejoju Ogunbiyi; Professor of Islamic studies . This professor shows and supported Al Ilori , that Semitic (Arabic) root words and Yoruba lexicon developed concurrently. Plainly, the Yoruba language developed outside Africa.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by illicit(m): 6:27am On Aug 02, 2020
Olu317:

I disagree because Yoruba being classified as kwa is dubious because , there was a problem with Kwa as name which has no meaning in Yoruba language. Yoruba language was once classified as Sudanic language.

The people who classified Yoruba language have no knowledge of the language's history, hence the language was classified as Kwa.

The Yoruba's language of intimacy is not understood by any member family in Niger Congo except properly Yoruba related ethnic group with knowledge of Ifaodu because the intimacy dialects are older than the koine dialect.

Yoruba language is a teacher's language in West Africa as well as in North Africa, during the antiquity.This language is well coded in Ifaodu.

Yoruba do have absolute traditions that's parallel with Abrahamic religion: Such as:

Mass Twin birth

Washing of bride's feet before entry into her groom's home

Levirate marriage

Circumcision of a child on the eight day

Sacrifices in Yoruba religion as found in Mesoptamia

Errection of Ivory to symbolise something as found in Ancient Near East

Crowns found in Yoruba land that are same or parallel with Near East's Crowns

Loom found in Yoruba culture as found in Northern Africa

Ceramic ,Terracotta Art work of Yoruba as found in Near East. etc

Apart from the above information, you can read more on the unclear area of Yoruba's language historicity as being wrongly classified from a renown scholar, Professor Isaac Adejoju Ogunbiyi; Professor of Islamic studies . This professor shows and supported Al Ilori , that Semitic (Arabic) root words and Yoruba lexicon developed concurrently. Plainly, the Yoruba language developed outside Africa.

I will just have u know that Yoruba, igede, idoma, Igbo all belon to kwa.

Why should kwa have a meaning in Yoruba?

It's a generic name in Language classification (Linguistics)

Cultures have been exchanged overtime, nothing new in places sharing some rituals and traditions, same way language spreads.

if u said we are abrahamic, how come we don't have written history like d Jews.

The Jews have been writing for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
illicit:

Cultures have been exchanged overtime, nothing new in places sharing some rituals and traditions, same way language spreads.

Beautiful and intellectual question. With this kind of simple and scientific method of investigation, we'll get find facts in more interesting ways.

A man has a car, another have none. Can that be what we must consider to conclude if the two are possibly family? Probably not.

Man-made artifacts are not the best clue to finding this kind of fact, it's a plus where they exists.

Deacon Olu, over to you sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by kayfra: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
Make it stop!!!

angry
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
kayfra:
Make it stop!!!

angry

Nothing can stop an idea whose time has come.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by kayfra: 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2020
absoluteSuccess:

Nothing can stop an idea whose time has come.

Glad you said the truth. Freudian slip perhaps?

It's only an idea grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
kayfra:

Glad you said the truth. Freudian slip perhaps?

It's only an idea grin

Because time did not freeze in the past, the past is an history meant to be rediscovered.

It starts with a peck of an idea, just an iota or atom of fact, one after the other began a change.

The same applies to great inventions and human artifacts, hence the saying, "ideas rule the world".

I believe you are still void of ideas about idea. You can't give what you don't have.

It's Freudian slip because it's Freudian idea. Your idea is that the idea of this thread should stop.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by kayfra: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
absoluteSuccess:

Because time did not freeze in the past, the past is an history meant to be rediscovered.

It starts with a peck of an idea, just an iota or atom of fact, one after the other began a change.

The same applies to great inventions and human artifacts, hence the saying, "ideas rule the world".

I believe you are still void of ideas about idea. You can't give what you don't have.

It's Freudian slip because it's Freudian idea. Your idea is that the idea of this thread should stop.

My wish is for the insanity to stop. This thread belongs in a garbage can
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2020
illicit:

interesting. cool
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
illicit:

Classic Hebrew protolanguage, Arabic etc lexicon's connection to Yoruba's is because These ethnic groups having corrupt form of spoken words found in Yoruba language is because, Arabic's root words and Classic Hebrew language being reconstructed have cognates with Yoruba's which position Yoruba language as teacher's language and unto learners language as found, amongst the words and lexicon in Near East and Coptic Egypt and beyond the people you mentioned . Please bear in mind that Aramaic language was reestablished in 409Bc in Egypt.

Fact is that, the same way Yoruba is connected to the group you mentioned via exchange of culture and cohabitation is the same way Yoruba people were connected to the places Ifaodu was established. Interestingly, Raml of Arabic divination , Hebrews Urim or Ifaod divination and Yoruba's Ifaodu or Oramiela's have same root and focus, about God.

Yes, Kwa is generic term in linguistic but does have meaning in other minority languages, that can stand the population of the speaker of Yoruba dialects before such name was hurriedly adopted. This alone is an insult on an ethnic group with the most sophisticated Art work and industrialisation in Subsahara Africa,which scholars amongst these people argued over it. For instance, English language is originally and still a Germanic related language before their loan lexicon from other languages such as Arabic and Hebrews,which are found when unique group come in contact with each other. Though English language transliterated and translate the Classic Hebrew via Roman-Latin,Greek etc according to their knowledge. Even at this, Historians didn't claimed that English language birthed Germanic language as being classified in West Africa. So, I do disagree with such early 1950s lump up.

You basically underestimated Yoruba's identity, which is the reason you asked such question. Plajnly, the obelisk and Figurines are the written records to your questions. Though all yorubas are not Yorubas but all yorubas are yorubas.

Last, I have enough written account and ideograms to support the above information.

My question is this: Are you aware that Yoruba's Peh or Pè is cognate and closely in spelling as with classic Hebrew ? But according to erudite scholars.Forortunatey ,this information is false because this Classic Hebrew language does exist ? This one out of over a thousands words that show that Kpom spoken by Ibos which has mean same meaning as with Yoruba's is loan into Ibo's lexicon's.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
kayfra:

My wish is for the insanity to stop. This thread belongs in a garbage can
please, what does Yoruba traditionalists mean by Odu Iwa( Igba Iwa) ?

Why do Oyinbos significantly appear in Yoruba's tradition ?

Why is Yoruba's Ela is same as Hebrew's Ella and closely related to Arabic's Ala ? All having same meaning as God but these were not in any other ethnic groups language ?

Did yoruba loaned all these words from Semitic groups grin ?

Seriously, I mock your ignorance because you lacked the pedigree to be on this platform. I. Fact, you're a joke

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by kayfra: 12:27am On Aug 04, 2020
Olu317:
please, what does Yoruba traditionalists mean by Odu Iwa( Igba Iwa) ?

Why do Oyinbos significantly appear in Yoruba's tradition ?

Why is Yoruba's Ela is same as Hebrew's Ella and closely related to Arabic's Ala ? All having same meaning as God but these were not in any other ethnic groups language ?

Did yoruba loaned all these words from Semitic groups grin ?

Seriously, I mock your ignorance because you lacked the pedigree to be on this platform. I. Fact, you're a joke

Keep the insanity in one thread. Don't spread the virus grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 9:10am On Aug 04, 2020
kayfra:

From the abundance of the mind, the mouth speaketh of, as a man thinketh in his heart, so he is.

Your kind have nothing to offer, the best you do is already coming forth here again: polemics, temerity.

Baaba ju obe sile nigba igba, ibi pelebe lo maa fi lele...

Ihumadinaju.

grin
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2020
kayfra:

Lol. grin Don't have such strength to compete with some of you guys. But try to ask Professor Isaac Adejoju Ogunbiyi,reason Yoruba language has root in Semitic language.

Note: having problem knowing him ? Google will help you through in your search for his identity.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2020
illicit:

Bro, as a man who believes in evolution and also a linguist, can you enlighten us here how evolutionary trend put Yoruba out of the favoured races that has the ability to write?

Do we have a linguistic connection to book in Yoruba language? How did the word for book evolve in Yoruba or proto-language?

I believe you share the opinion that knowledge is not all about rebuttal but creation of value and enlightenment of the culture and the community.

Cheers.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
I don't think the Yorubas have any connection with the Jews.

Rather I think we have a more direct connection with Ancient Egypt called Kemet.

Note that I said ANCIENT Egypt.

Apart from the many connections that have been hashed out in scientific and historical papers, there's one that strikes me the most.

That's the issue of kingship.

Ancient Egypt until a few millennia ago had god-kings. The belief that the king was a god was a prominent belief of the ancient Egyptians until a few centuries ago.

The same belief is still prominent in Yoruba custom and practices as the king is regarded as a god, Èkejì Òrìṣà.

The crown of an ancient Pharaoh that covers his face is very identical to the crown that the Obas in Yorubaland wear that has beads in front that covers their faces.

The reason for hiding their faces is so that mere mortals do not dare to gaze on the countenance of a god.

Just my humble opinion. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 2:01am On Aug 06, 2020
FrLukas:
I don't think the Yorubas have any connection with the Jews.

Rather I think we have a more direct connection with Ancient Egypt called Kemet.

Note that I said ANCIENT Egypt.

Apart from the many connections that have been hashed out in scientific and historical papers, there's one that strikes me the most.

That's the issue of kingship.

Ancient Egypt until a few millennia ago had god-kings. The belief that the king was a god was a prominent belief of the ancient Egyptians until a few centuries ago.

The same belief is still prominent in Yoruba custom and practices as the king is regarded as a god, Èkejì Òrìṣà.

The crown of an ancient Pharaoh that covers his face is very identical to the crown that the Obas in Yorubaland wear that has beads in front that covers their faces.

The reason for hiding their faces is so that mere mortals do not dare to gaze on the countenance of a god.

Just my humble opinion. I stand to be corrected.

Thanks bro. The truth is, our country learn "democracy" from somewhere. People had been borrowing concepts from people from the onset of time. The Greek learned from the Canaanites and the Egyptians to build their pantheon.

The Jews borrowed kingship from the nations around them, and one will do best to learn from the best, Egypt. They abandoned theocracy of Samuel for a king that could go in and out with them to battle, there should be an example at heart.

Touching the thrust of your claim or observation, the same can be used to validate Hebrew connection as well, such that, at the moment the Israelites decided to have a king, the prophet that was in the place of the king was Samuel.

Note the closeness of the word Samuel and ori-sa. Ori, seer: Samuel, Sa. This implies that thereupon they have a king and the chief priest who had been in the position of a king earlier.

The king is therefore a lawgiver, second to "the original Chief Priest". If we go by this analysis, the phrase "alase ekeji orisa" thus conjured up the very essence of this kind of scenario, a theocracy and monarchy running concurrently.

And, the Yoruba sort of have control over the throne of their fathers, no one can replace a king Divine, but the Yoruba could force a king out of the throne. But that's not to underestimate the power that the king weighs anyway.

The word ori-sa had to begin at one point, Yoruba tradition equally claim in part that orisa derived from the remains of orunmila. That said, it's an anthromorphic term.

Let's call to mind that the Yoruba "orisa" were therefore men that had lived exemplary lives and were immortalized, and not get carried away by English interpretation.

By that (English interpretation) we would be thinking Yoruba history from English language and it distort the fact a bit and the accuracy of the conclusion to be drawn from such premises could waiver a bit as well.

Every learning process is a scientific process. Learning is scientific exercise that we must engage the brain with.

All the best bro
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
absoluteSuccess:

Thanks bro. The truth is, our country learn "democracy" from somewhere. People had been borrowing concepts from people from the onset of time. The Greek learned from the Canaanites and the Egyptians to build their pantheon.

The Jews borrowed kingship from the nations around them, and one will do best to learn from the best, Egypt. They abandoned theocracy of Samuel for a king that could go in and out with them to battle, there should be an example at heart.

Touching the thrust of your claim or observation, the same can be used to validate Hebrew connection as well, such that, at the moment the Israelites decided to have a king, the prophet that was in the place of the king was Samuel.

Note the closeness of the word Samuel and ori-sa. Ori, seer: Samuel, Sa. This implies that thereupon they have a king and the chief priest who had been in the position of a king earlier.

The king is therefore a lawgiver, second to "the original Chief Priest". If we go by this analysis, the phrase "alase ekeji orisa" thus conjured up the very essence of this kind of scenario, a theocracy and monarchy running concurrently.

And, the Yoruba sort of have control over the throne of their fathers, no one can replace a king Divine, but the Yoruba could force a king out of the throne. But that's not to underestimate the power that the king weighs anyway.

The word ori-sa had to begin at one point, Yoruba tradition equally claim in part that orisa derived from the remains of orunmila. That said, it's an anthromorphic term.

Let's call to mind that the Yoruba "orisa" were therefore men that had lived exemplary lives and were immortalized, and not get carried away by English interpretation.

By that (English interpretation) we would be thinking Yoruba history from English language and it distort the fact a bit and the accuracy of the conclusion to be drawn from such premises could waiver a bit as well.

Every learning process is a scientific process. Learning is scientific exercise that we must engage the brain with.

All the best bro

I really don't see the connection between the word Samuel and Orisa.

Samuel can be broken down into its component phrases Samu-El El meaning God.

Same with Rapha-El, Micha-El, etc.

That connection you point to doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 10:02am On Aug 08, 2020
FrLukas:

I really don't see the connection between the word Samuel and Orisa.

Samuel can be broken down into its component phrases Samu-El El meaning God.

Same with Rapha-El, Micha-El, etc.

That connection you point to doesn't exist.

Maybe my prose is too long. Forgive me of that. Ori-sa: compare with, the See, Papa, papacy, pope. God's choice of the head.

It's not a "word for word interpretation", but idea rooted in a splintered form of the original. Osa, Samuel: ancient names; Ori, Seer, Head, God.

A wordsmith would carve out capsulating identity for the same individual in a language that has lost its literature, bearing many things in mind.

An agbedegbeyo would see the signature of the ancient wordsmiths on the ideas they have worked upon. As you can see, Ori Sa and Samuel are definitive concept.

Opening the locked room

Alase ekeji orisa makes the king second in line with orisa: orisa is the priest. Orisa, (the first of its kind) was a contemporary of the king, (first of its kind) in Yoruba.

This thin slicing should help us identify what we're looking for. It must not be a vague association, lest we are easily derailed from time to time only to arrive at nowhere.

Rather, it should be the idea that best tallied with all integer parts of the given concept. Now let's check out the meaning proper:

Samuel: Hebrew = God named
Orisa: Yoruba = God's choice.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 10:04am On Aug 08, 2020
Yoruba Egypt Connection

This is part of Yoruba history too, but it's the less scientific explanation for Yoruba emigration: at what time did Egypt became so volatile that her people must think of mass emigration?

It's like American thinking of relocating over insecurity in Borno. Egypt was equal to the America of the ancient, the volatile nature of the Levant tribes as illustrated in the Bible is time honoured.

Egypt could not give the security the people ask for, as evident in two source, the Bible and the armana letters, Israel could not withstand the peril of the promised land either.

The Levant tribes lived in a warzone with competing powers at tripartite direction of the stretch between Persia, Babylon and Egypt. You can imagine who will be perpetual slave of all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gani Adams Launches Yoruba Cultural-tourism Crusade In UAE / ***nigerian Culture To Answer A Question With Another Question?*** / Dana Air Named Official Airline Of The Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.