Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan (2769 Views)

Olu Of Warri Kicks Out Ayiri, Revalidates Iyatsere, 10 Other Itsekiri Chiefs / Olu Of Warri Coronation: Tsola Emiko Walking Before Departing For Ode-Itsekiri / Itsekiri Names And Their Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 7:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
The name ile binu was given by itskeri not oromiyan, a mythical guy from ife, the Portuguese and other European traded with benins for 400yrs and some died at ughoton, some ethnographers even visited the palace and the oba allowed them visit his ancestoral shrines, the Europeans were eager to write and document benin history to sell to their country men and as a matter of fact ethnographers who visted benin 1820 documented that the origin of the dynasty originated when a white god came to sleep with the ogiso daughter who later gave birth to a son who birthed the oba dynasty non mentioned oromiyan or ife relationship with benin over their 400yrs visit to benin angry,
as a matter of fact the itsekiri were the first to meet the Portuguese at the shores of ughoton who later informed them not to venture into edo as the people were always angry, and used alot of human sacrifice if strangers there approached it

Please if you have not read several articles or books on benin history dont open your dirty mouth because you read just an article promoting a benin-ife myth you feel you now have a right to have a say, on this discussion

2 Likes

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
Please let eveyone stop circlating this half baked benin-ife myth that wont go anywhere it never happened it was a misunderstanding taken too far it was never historically base, royal elite are using it for their political benefits, instead of joining them pick a benin history and research on the validity,

The benin-ife story is not historically based it was made up after 1914

If we all can relearn history all over again the better

2 Likes

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 7:30pm On Jul 31, 2020
The yorubas are cowards our ancestors bleeped them up drove thier kings into hiding clothed them civilized them and instead of saying thanks to the benin but instead they are busy forcing our king to be a Yoruba man, even after we gave them gun to kill themselves in the yoruba war and also used them as scrifical slaves to our ancestoral alters, am disappointed

Bunch of ancestoral cowards

1 Like

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Twelfthman: 7:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
?
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Omoregiek: 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2020
I disagree with you sir, your research should continue as you have only just touched surface of it, have a non biased mind, ile ibinu is not iteskiri language
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by illicit(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2020
Nawa 4u o
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2020
Omoregiek:
I disagree with you sir, your research should continue as you have only just touched surface of it, have a non biased mind, ile ibinu is not iteskiri language

Lol, it is what ife, talk is cheap

I see you're benin, nice i have been waiting for my own benin brother to disgrace too,
I will tell you is not a matter of been benin but a matter of truth
I hope you don't call me igbo at the end

As a benin man how many benin book have you read
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2020
illicit:
Nawa 4u o

As expected people who are quick to read benin-ife controversy..... From net and feel that is history

I want you to back your point with proves from 1470 to 1914......

I know you are not benin you are Yoruba claiming benin
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by illicit(m): 8:18pm On Jul 31, 2020
gregyboy:

As expected people who are quick to read benin-ife controversy..... From net and feel that is history

I want you to back your point with proves from 1470 to 1914......

Did it occur to you that the itsekiris were Yorubas and that Ibinu is a Yoruba word?

1 Like

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 8:23pm On Jul 31, 2020
illicit:

Did it occur to you that the itsekiris were Yorubas and that Ibinu is a Yoruba word?

I never denied that i only disagreed on the fact it was nor from a fairy-tale oromiyan

But your last stance was different from this, you actually took the stance ile binu is not an itsekiri word
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by illicit(m): 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
gregyboy:

I never denied that i only disagreed on the fact it was from a fairy-tale oromiyan

But your last stance was different from this, you actually took the stance ile binu is not an itsekiri word

it is a Yoruba word because the itsekiris originated from Yorubas and not the d other way round

Therefore it is not apt to say it is an itsekiri word, u would rather say it is a Yoruba word

1 Like

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Omoregiek: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, it is what ife, talk is cheap

I see you're benin, nice i have been waiting for my own benin brother to disgrace too,
I will tell you is not a matter of been benin but a matter of truth
I hope you don't call me igbo at the end

As a benin man how may benin book have you read

As in written by Benin or by Europeans, have only read 1 European book about benin, was written by 1 of the survivors of the benin massacre, an original first edition copy it's actually 1 of my prized possession aside my children that is, my issue with your story is, it does not answer questions but create more questions
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2020
Omoregiek:

As in written by Benin or by Europeans, have only read 1 European book about benin, was written by 1 of the survivors of the benin massacre, an original first edition copy it's actually 1 of my prized possession aside my children that is, my issue with your story is, it does not answer questions but create more questions

Then you should ask the question that's why am here, i want you to disprove me, not support me,
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
Omoregiek:

I have read the book too, you should read benin history more, msnytof your question will be answered as for now ask me
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2020
illicit:

it is a Yoruba word because the itsekiris originated from Yorubas and not the d other way round

Therefore it is not apt to say it is an itsekiri word, u would rather say it is a Yoruba word

I made it specific to pass the direct message, anyone who sees itsekiris knows its a tribe made of benin and Yoruba and not just yoruba alone
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Keraxes: 10:59pm On Jul 31, 2020
gregyboy:

I made it specific to pass the direct message, anyone who sees itsekiris knows its a tribe made of benin and Yoruba and not just yoruba alone

Says weak inconsequential fool from 2 by 2 benin. Itsekiris are direct relations of oduduwa and they migrated from Ile ife. Benin’s are also yorubas because first oba of Benin is from ile ife

If you don’t like this fact, the lagoon is there for you
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by illicit(m): 12:41am On Aug 01, 2020
gregyboy:

gregyboy

Don't antagonise yourself

You said the itsekiris spoke Yoruba to the Europeans and refered to u benins as ILE IBINU people.

Howcome u still say they are ur people

can I refer to a fellow Yoruba as someone from Ile hausa
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 7:19am On Aug 01, 2020
Keraxes:

Says weak inconsequential fool from 2 by 2 benin. Itsekiris are direct relations of oduduwa and they migrated from Ile ife. Benin’s are also yorubas because first oba of Benin is from ile ife

If you don’t like this fact, the lagoon is there for you

Words coming from a cowards holds no sway, your comments shows you're a coward who is just running from the truth,

I will happily say it, our oba is not yoruba, i will give proves to all this later on,

The benin has no connection with ife that is d fact, your ancestors were cowards our ancestors ruled over them, clothed them, civilized them instead of saying thanks you all are now forcing our monarch to be a Yoruba.....

Which i wont accept from any coward

1 Like

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 7:20am On Aug 01, 2020
illicit:

gregyboy

Don't antagonise yourself

You said the itsekiris spoke Yoruba to the Europeans and refered to u benins as ILE IBINU people.

Howcome u still say they are ur people

can I refer to a fellow Yoruba as someone from Ile hausa

Itsekiris are made of edo and Yoruba, not just yoruba alone
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Keraxes: 7:49am On Aug 01, 2020
gregyboy:

Words coming from a cowards holds no sway, your comments shows you're a coward who is just running from the truth,

I will happily say it, our oba is not yoruba, i will give proves to all this later on,

The benin has no connection with ife that is d fact, your ancestors were cowards our ancestors ruled over them, clothed them, civilized them instead of saying thanks you all are now forcing our monarch to be a Yoruba.....

Which i wont accept from any coward
Arindin whose ancestors paid tax to their lord yorubas for many years

Yorubas oppressed our Benin slaves for so many years even though the first oba of Benin is yoruba
Truth is bitter and hard to swallow. We are the ones who clothed Benin cowards, fed them even though we used their natural resources to develop our own region and fed them with little out of their own natural resources.

Yorubas have always been Benin coward and slave masters right from time and we will always be your lord whether your inconsequential oba of Benin likes it or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 8:03am On Aug 01, 2020
Keraxes:

Arindin whose ancestors paid tax to their lord yorubas for many years

Yorubas oppressed our Benin slaves for so many years even though the first oba of Benin is yoruba
Truth is bitter and hard to swallow. We are the ones who clothed Benin cowards, fed them even though we used their natural resources to develop our own region and fed them with little out of their own natural resources.

Yorubas have always been Benin coward and slave masters right from time and we will always be your lord whether your inconsequential oba of Benin likes it or not

Lol, only if you could keep quite and be Shameful,
History wont forget the human scrafice bini did in ancient past and how yorubas were used as the human sacrifice, history wont also forget the 1000yrs we took remittance from the yorubas and drove them to the bush,
Only if you read instead of talking it would serve you better

Again when you're claiming oba of benin is of ife origin bring proves to this dating from 1470 to 1897
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Keraxes: 8:07am On Aug 01, 2020
gregyboy:

Lol, only if you could keep quite and have Shame
History wont forget the human scrafice bini did in ancient past and how yorubas were used as the human sacrifice, history wont forget the 1000yrs we took remittance from our yoruba brothers and drove them to the bush,
Only if you read instead of talking it would serve you better

Again when you're claiming oba of benin is of ife origin bring proves to this dating from 1470 to 1897
Shut up and learn

The whole bini population is 2 million because we used so many Benin slaves and cowards for sacrifice then.

Benin population would have been much but we killed so many of you cowards so many years ago and took other as slaves and that’s why Benin is a minority tribe today in Nigeria and also the most useless minority tribe among all tribes in Nigeria

Whether your olofo oba of Benin likes it or not, we would continue to oppress you cowards till Jesus comes to save you idiots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2020
Keraxes:

Shut up and learn

The whole bini population is 2 million because we used so many Benin slaves and cowards for sacrifice then.

Benin population would have been much but we killed so many of you cowards so many years ago and took other as slaves and that’s why Benin is a minority tribe today in Nigeria and also the most useless minority tribe among all tribes in Nigeria

Whether your olofo oba of Benin likes it or not, we would continue to oppress you cowards till Jesus comes to save you idiots

A retarted angered yoruba coward, am done with you, before you vent your frustration on me,

Redit your post and attach proves to them wink cry

Born cowards
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Keraxes: 8:12am On Aug 01, 2020
gregyboy:

A retarted angered yoruba coward, am done with you, before you vent your frustration on me,

Redit your post and attach proves to them wink cry

Born cowards
E pain am. Coward Benin, yoruba slaves forever

Oloriburuku omo alayebaje
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by illicit(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2020
gregyboy:

Itsekiris are made of edo and Yoruba, not just yoruba alone
gregyboy
walahi u are not making sense
Sorry to say that
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 10:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
Keraxes:

E pain am. Coward Benin, yoruba slaves forever

Oloriburuku omo alayebaje

Cowards, don't live to fight another day they die that very day, i pity the blood of your ancestors we spilled on our soil and the ones we sold off to the Europeans

A Yoruba should take a bow when he sees a benin man
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Keraxes: 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
[url][/url]
gregyboy:

Cowards, don't live to fight another day they die that very day, i pity the blood of your ancestors we spilled on our soil and the ones we sold off to the Europeans

A Yoruba should take a bow when he sees a benin man
Shut up already. Benin fools are weak ass and cowards and they will be our slave till eternity because a Yoruba man found ile ibinu. We killed so many of your ancestors and ate their flesh which makes you fools minority tribe today in Nigeria

We even bleeped your mothers and sisters during the killings

We will always oppress you idiots
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by gregyboy(m): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2020
Keraxes:

Shut up already. Benin fools are weak ass and cowards and they will be our slave till eternity because a Yoruba man found ile ibinu. We killed so many of your ancestors and ate their flesh which makes you fools minority tribe today in Nigeria

We will always oppress you idiots

Pained, well pained why are you so pained because i called your tribe coward lol, it is the truth na it hurts
How would benins install their kings all over yoruba kingdom and even the empire you all pride on oyo was deafted by bini armies

You guys and the northern are one you both deserve what is left in nigeria, the fulani will do well to swallow the coward tribe just as they did to the coward hausa people till date

The people who are more coward than the yorubas are the hausas followed by the tribal men who bunch of dahomey warriors sacked the empire
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Keraxes: 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2020
gregyboy:

Pained, well pained why are you so pained because i called your tribe coward lol, it is the truth na it hurts
How would benins install their kings all over yoruba kingdom and even the empire you all pride on oyo was deafted by bini armies

You guys and the northern are one you both deserve what is left in nigeria, the fulani will do well to swallow the coward tribe just as they did to the coward hausa people till date

The people who are more coward than the yorubas are the hausas followed by the tribal men who bunch of dahomey warriors sacked the empire
E pain am. We installed yoruba man as oba of Benin. Even till today yoruba is a major language in your inconsequential weak useless Benin kingdom

Ibadan warlords bleeped your olofo olosho grandmother so hard with doggy style to the extent the foolish woman Dey shout harder harder.

History can’t be changed. Ogedengbe took you weak fools as slaves, bleeped your own great grandmother till she cums in her stinking smelly 10000km diameter pussy and her smelly anus.

If you’re not okay with the fact that oba of Benin is from ile ife, you can jump into the lagoon cos you will never be missed or noticed since the whole Benin youth are uselsss
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by AreaFada2: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2020
illicit:

Itsekhiri is Yoruboid. Not necessarily Yoruba. Itsekhiri is a mix of ijebu, Eastern Yoruba, Benin, some Urhobo /Isoko etc.

Americans, Canadians, New Zealanders and Australians speak English but they are not English or British. All of Europe and the world mixed to form those countries.

The Benin-Ife link is mythically interesting but it is much easier to see why Itsekhiri probably came up with that name Ubini.

The most likely link with ife could have been intermarriage. Quite possible that at some point an Ife princess married an Oba or crown prince of Benin. Welcoming some Ife culture in Benin.

Amalgamation of Nigeria probably distorted many things. Especially as Benin lost ground already from 1897 to 1914. And struggled from 1914 to rebuild the kingdom and destroyed nation.
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by illicit(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2020
AreaFada2:

Itsekhiri is Yoruboid. Not necessarily Yoruba. Itsekhiri is a mix of ijebu, Eastern Yoruba, Benin, some Urhobo /Isoko etc.

Americans, Canadians, New Zealanders and Australians speak English but they are not English or British. All of Europe and the world mixed to form those countries.

The Benin-Ife link is mythically interesting but it is much easier to see why Itsekhiri probably came up with that name Ubini.

The most likely link with ife could have been intermarriage. Quite possible that at some point an Ife princess married an Oba or crown prince of Benin. Welcoming some Ife culture in Benin.

Amalgamation of Nigeria probably distorted many things. Especially as Benin lost ground already from 1897 to 1914. And struggled from 1914 to rebuild the kingdom and destroyed nation.

can u shed some light on how they are yoruboids but not yoruba
Re: The Name Ile Binu Was Giving By Itsekiri Not Oromiyan by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2020
The Itsikiri are completely Benin descendents. No trace of Yoruba in them, the Olu of Warri is a vassal to the Oba of Benin and the Itsikiri are one of the peoples of the Oba of Benin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zK2bsZhPIo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Memories Of The 90's / Can You Really Tell What Tribe A Person Comes From, From Looking At Them? / Confam P.h Pidgin/slangs Here !! Rep Ur Area In P.h!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.