Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook (8940 Views)

I Left N600m In PFN Account -oritsejafor / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by truthislight: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
you are a lying hypocrite!

The Clown: Enigma, the general idea of your post was understood but,

When will you protestants and Pentecostals become sincere when anything has to do with the Catholic Church?

The Clown: Well, the impression was that though you got the information from somewhere else but the article was yours, you wrote it.

This is just an observation anyway.

I'm tired of all these Catholic this, Catholic that, and blunt disregard of facts.

Well like you said, the issues are secondary and that was why I pointed that out, that is what Catholics have been saying too.

But you would have been objective, more unbiased with the side issues, in that way, everyone would understand you in the same light, disclaimer or not.

Telling the truth in all situations and making good deductions are Christian virtues too.

Shalom.

https://www.nairaland.com/497445/trinity-doctrine-invented-council-meeting/2#6786512

Must you tell lies to pass a statement ?

Saying you are who you are not.

Smh.
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 19, 2014
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by PastorOluT(m): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2014
Thank God for ur life op and I believe God will use this testimony to deliver many too.

I have always had discussions with the sect, making them think i am a novice bt when i ended up doing the teaches n many of them never come when I face them with the truth.

God save their souls anyways.
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by Alisha4U(f): 9:47am On Sep 19, 2014
truthislight: you are a lying hypocrite!

https://www.nairaland.com/497445/trinity-doctrine-invented-council-meeting/2#6786512

Must you tell lies to pass a statement ?

Saying you are who you are not.

Smh.

Na wa for you oh, I can see you strongly believe that someone who was a JW would not and cannot become a Catholic. You have to understand that most JW in Nigeria converted from other churches or religions, so whats wrong when someone who was brought up a catholic, attended a boarding secondary school, associated with JW fellow students and eventually got converted, spent 25 yrs being JW after conversion and the returned to church of his childhood? hun?

The scenario i just painted is fictitive though but is not possible? Free the Op and face the issues. Note; I am not in support of the op, I believe religion is not objective, the earlier we realise it the better, I believe the watchword should be live and let live.
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by Efere701(m): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2014
Reading this thread, I'm further reminded that in truth only those who sincerely search for God will find him.

There are thousands of similar write ups like this in the internet in which 85% of the story is hidden, and for many readers, they draw their conclusion after reading a material like this thread.

You know, a lot of persons in Jesus time because of listening to lies about Jesus from the pharisees were convinced that Jesus was a blasphemer and performed miracles with the power of belzebob. But how they missed out on having the life that followers of Jesus will enjoy.

For those who are Active JW's, they understand where the writer of this thread is heading. They only laugh at the lies. For those who have OBJECTIVELY observed the JW's, they realise that the story is not in line with the JW's they know. For those who knowJW's from a distance, they are shell-shocked because they have swallowed every detail.

Jesus was falsely condemned and in truth he looked different from the people in his time. If anyone in that time believed the false stories about jesus without seeking the truth objectively, and if anyone in that time thought of someone who is different as a fraud, he was on a wrong path. Some in Jesus's day only believeÐ hÊ was God's son after his death when they experienced darkness and an earthquake.

Truly Truly, reading this thread I've been reminded that just like in Jesus's day, many people will quickly dismiss the people bearing the truth from the Bible without OBJECTIVELY investigating overtime.

2 Likes

Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
Efere701: Reading this thread, I'm further reminded that in truth only those who sincerely search for God will find him.

There are thousands of similar write ups like this in the internet in which 85% of the story is hidden, and for many readers, they draw their conclusion after reading a material like this thread.

You know, a lot of persons in Jesus time because of listening to lies about Jesus from the pharisees were convinced that Jesus was a blasphemer and performed miracles with the power of belzebob. But how they missed out on having the life that followers of Jesus will enjoy.

For those who are Active JW's, they understand where the writer of this thread is heading. They only laugh at the lies. For those who have OBJECTIVELY observed the JW's, they realise that the story is not in line with the JW's they know. For those who knowJW's from a distance, they are shell-shocked because they have swallowed every detail.

Jesus was falsely condemned and in truth he looked different from the people in his time. If anyone in that time believed the false stories about jesus without seeking the truth objectively, and if anyone in that time thought of someone who is different as a fraud, he was on a wrong path. Some in Jesus's day only believeÐ hÊ was God's son after his death when they experienced darkness and an earthquake.

Truly Truly, reading this thread I've been reminded that just like in Jesus's day, many people will quickly dismiss the people bearing the truth from the Bible without OBJECTIVELY investigating overtime.

Why not show us part of the story that is hidden, and prove the writer wrong.
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by nellyelitz(m): 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
alimat2: @ All
sorry to ask.
Is JW another religion diff. frm xtainity?
is like what u call sect in islam e.g boko haram sect.

I think that is helful.
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by nellyelitz(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
KunleOshob: @mabell
I am clearly not a jehovah witness and I know very little about them so stop jumping into silly conclusions. I remain an unrepentant non denominational follower of christ.
'non denominational' as in u don't worship in a partical church?
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
Jw are wicked,hardened and mean spirited.They don't have the fear of God rather they fear their elders and watchtower org.They also live a fake life,they lie a lot which is nt a sin rather dey see it as theocratic warfare.

1 Like

Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by johnw74: 3:16am On Jun 30, 2015
'less than 10,000'

Isn't that correct for the number of the 'remnant' your religion claims remains of the 144,000?

10,000? they were saying about 40 years ago that there are only a few holey ones left alive

there teachings are full of holes
probably why there elders are called holey ones.
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by Introverted1(m): 8:38am On Mar 08, 2018
Jehovah's witnesses can be very persistent when it comes to winning souls, and that can be annoying..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLinVfKU-XI
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 08, 2018
alimat2:
@ All
sorry to ask.
Is JW another religion diff. frm xtainity?
They are Christian sects with different believes from other sects
Re: I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 08, 2018
@ Alimat
Jehova Witnesses are christians with different interpretation of the bible and how christianity should be practiced.
That is not true. Yes they are Christians with a different doctrine based on their understanding. They claim to be the only religion to make heaven

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Attendance (most Recent) By Country / Prayers That Could Prove That God Is Real / Trinitarians - Is there One Throne In Heaven Or Three ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.