Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:26 PM

If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? (14012 Views)

If Today Is Declared World Advice Day! / Your Rated Post/comment Of The Day On NL (pls, Paste The Thread's Title) / If Today Was Ur Last Day On Earth; Who On NL Would U Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Lillu(f): 4:44am On Jun 26, 2005
If today is your last day on earth, what would you do to make it worth it?

Everybody says things like "Live like there's no tomorrow" and "Live each day as if it were your last".

If today might be my last day on earth, If I go to sleep tonight and never wake up again, what exactly am I doing with my life today that would make it worthy of being my last?

I will go to church and confess my sins and hear a mass. I will take a first flight to go to Pakistan to see my boyfriend, and make love with him.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by buddy(m): 2:59pm On Jun 26, 2005
hmm.. lets see.

well well well...

ehhh,,ehh..

my dear its pretty tight o!

i guess i just want to be with my wife and kids .....

that will give me all the joy i need before going to heaven
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Greatpeter(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2005
I will restitute my ways, Preach a good message to people around me and conduct a night vigil. The death will meet me at the vigil I won't sleep. I will encourage my loved ones not to mourn.
I will make sure my will is properly done.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Seun(m): 5:31pm On Jun 26, 2005
I am a young man and I have dabbled into so many things, but so far the Nairaland Forum seems to be my most successful venture. I am not in love with anyone, and nobody is in love with me.

So, I'll spend my last day on earth furiously typing all my plans and ideas for Nairaland in a document, and I'll direct my parents to give the document to my biological brother to continue the work I have started so at least I'll know I'm leaving something good behind. That's it for me.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by hotangel2(f): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2005
Seun:
I am not in love with anyone, and nobody is in love with me.

I am in Love with you seun. (you made a very good site).

Well if today were my last, I would make sure I confess all my sins, and preach to some people. Hug my dad, and pray that good should bless him. Hmm, it would be weird if we all knew our last day on earth.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by c0dec(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2005
Lillu > it'd be wiser if you made love to your boyfriend first, then confessed your sins judging that you are not married to him yet.

as for me, like everyone else, I'd confess my sins and then I'd go sleep.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by legry(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2005
If today was my last day on earth and I knew about it, gosh, I'll be the happiest man on earth!

Why?  Because then I'll do all in me to make sure I go to heaven.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by whizkid(f): 10:21am On Jun 28, 2005
Interesting! Most people want to reconcile with the Almighty, knowing that their time on earth is up. At least it shows that a lot of people know that a God exists, who will cast sinners to perpetual hell and faithfuls to ever-lasting life in heaven. But remember, you might not be lucky to know your last day on earth, so do the right thing knowing it will end anytime.

P.S Hell is real.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by kazey(m): 11:26am On Jun 28, 2005
Hum,

I would ask for forgiveness for all my sins, and treat myself the best food ever. And take some sleeping pills and doze off cheesy

It would be great to know the day you are going to leave the world.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by IAH(f): 2:07pm On Jun 29, 2005
Lillu:

If today is your last day on earth, what would you do to make it worth it?

I'll pray to God to extend my stay for 75 years more.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by mosiate(f): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2005
pls don't let me think of that now?
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Motee(f): 3:25pm On Jun 30, 2005
I won't be sad but I will use the rest of the day to confess my sins and look forward to join the Almight because this world does not worth staying in too long especially days of our time.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Missworld(f): 3:02pm On Jul 01, 2005
If today is to be my last day on earth, I'll reveal my innermost thoughts and my deepest secrets to those that will cherish them. I'll forgive and make peace with the so called enemies. I'll confess my sins and ask for divine mercy on my departing soul.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by justdman(m): 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2005
Missworld:

If today is to be my last day on earth, I'll reveal my innermost thoughts and my deepest secrets to those that will cherish them. I'll forgive and make peace with the so called enemies. I'll confess my sins and ask for divine mercy on my departing soul.

I bet you have to start now. I'm waiting in the confession room to hear all
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Missworld(f): 5:22pm On Jul 01, 2005
Justdman, you need special prayers because are more than satan.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by olaide07(f): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2005
Oh my God, I don't know what to say.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Greatpeter(m): 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2005
Yes, but what will you do?
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by oluamid(m): 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2005
grin if today where my last day on earth i will live it to the fullest by making sure i am worthy before god and man to enter heaven after which i will just spend the rest with my love
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by mamba(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2005
This topic reminds me of this joke

A middle-aged man was told at the hospital that he had only 24 hours to live. He went home in a state of shock and fell into his wife's arms. "I've been told I've only got 24 hours to live," he said. "Can we have sex one last time?" "Of course, honey," she said, and they went to bed. Four hours later, he turned to her and said: "Could we have sex again? I've only '" got 20 hours to live. It will probably be our last chance." "Sure, honey," replied his wife and they had sex. - Eight hours later, he asked her. "Do you think we could have sex one more time? -, After all, I've only got 12 hours to live." I "OK," said the wife and they had sex. Four hours later, he nudged her in bed. "I just realized I've only got eight hours to live. Could we have sex one last time?" "Very well," she sighed. "It's the least I can do in the circumstances". Four hours later, he woke her again. "I've only got fours to live. Would you mind if we had sex just one more time, our final act of love?" " This was too much for the wife. "Listen," she snapped, "you may not have to get up in the morning, but I do!"
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Lillu(f): 4:35am On Jul 05, 2005
Hey that was a nice joke...hahaha grin
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Ka: 7:05pm On Jul 06, 2005
My last day on earth?

I'd set up a new venture - 'Ka Spirit World Communications', and for a fee, I would offer to deliver messages to people who had died from their loved ones (or even their enemies or creditors). Then with all the money I make, I would set up an NGO - 'Ka Creativity Foundation' - which would award a prize of N100,000 every year to the most creative respone to the question 'What would you do if today was your last day on earth'?
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by love4ever(f): 1:02pm On Jul 11, 2005
one do not know actual when they are going to died but be altert it maybe 2mrow and you would not now the hour
maybe even Jesus would come to the World today so do not do thing saying to yourself whent the tme comes do tit now that you are alive
please i would like you all to get to heaven
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Trooper(m): 3:07am On Nov 09, 2005
I would grap a few beers and cigarettes and walk down to the beach to meet my ex girl one more time to tell her about my secrets and all I bad and good things I did. Later I would make peace with myself and get prepared to go to hell or heaven. Guess they would send me down again anyway because they have no use for me, not yet. They got smart asses enough up there.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by mide2(f): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2005
i'll live as if i didn't know it's my last day. Nothing to lose and nothing to gain. But i'll like to be in God's presence, not to bribe him tho.
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by seeni4ever(m): 2:51am On Dec 23, 2005
if today is my last day on earth, i will go out and get drunk.. just kidding grin. i believe in god and if heaven is real i will ask for it....................(@_@)
                                                                             "
                                                                          (==)
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by ldollier(f): 6:27am On Jan 12, 2006
if today was my last day on earth.

i would make love to my bf all day, shoplift(gucci, prada, babyphat, and any store that sells stilletos), then i would pray, confess my sins, reconcile with God
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by kaylala(m): 5:48pm On Jan 13, 2006
I will sit down quitely,reminisce and retrospect.

Then i will wait for death to come in woteva way.What a sad day.

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by res0ahk5: 10:20am On Jan 31, 2006
I would be so thankful for not staying at crappy jobs out there and pat myself on the back for having the conviction to live life the way that I felt was the right way to live -- with integrity, honesty, love and GOD. I would eat my favorite meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, get some sun outside, smile plenty, spend it with my family and play with my dog giving him lots of praise and love. I would send loving thoughts to all of those people who ever insulted me because they were just insecure and dumb and then forget about them. I would thank God and Jesus Christ for protecting me and keeping me strong even when life seemed so bad and horrible. I would think about all of the wonderful people who have taught me valuable lessons and had a positive impact on my life. We tend to dwell on all the negatives out there when we should really think about the positive people and appreciate them. I would be happy that it was my last day on earth but sad (because it is my last day on earth). And that it why when judgment day comes, we must all do right in the present moment...because we do not know when our last day on earth will be. So, be good!!!!
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by kaylala(m): 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2006
cool
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Rhodalyn(f): 8:05pm On Feb 16, 2006
if 2day ws ma last day on earth i would make luv wit ma boyfriend
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by dracosh(m): 7:50am On Apr 04, 2006
This is the only true answer. I mean how can u stay and think about what you've done in your last day instead of thinking what can u do for the last time. nice answer, rhodalyn grin
Re: If Today Was Your Last Day on Earth? by Stiffler24: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2006
If today was my last day on earth, I would tell no one for the reason of not hurting them, I'd call "her" and tell her that through all games, fights and hurt, she was the one, and to live life to her potential. I'd sit with my brother and tell him to seriously listen to me when I tell him that he is the only one who can hold himself back in this life. I'd cry, not because of death, but because of the life I did not live and dream. I would write one sentence. It would come to me instinctively what that one sentence would be. It would be a quote, one that would describe all my ideals. And when that moment came, when God and Satan put the cards on the table to see who got me, I'd palm an ace and put it in God's hand, smirk at Satan and kick Death in the shin. No one chooses where you go, only you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electricity Distribution Company Past Questions And Answers For Aptitude Test / Who Is Your Favourite Nairalander And Why? / What Would You Do Today If You Knew You Would Die Tomorrow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.