Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? (33432 Views)

"Hustlers" - Mercy Johnson, Nse Ikpe-Etim & Clarion Chukwura / AMAA 2012 Winners List : Rita Dominic Beats Nse Ikpe Etim To Win Best Actress! / Funke Akindele Is Africa's Best Actress: What Do You All Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by nigerianvenom(m): 11:38am On Sep 07, 2014
I'm not really a movie freak but atleast i know and have watched most nollywood movies.
I never knew this lady until i watched the movie "MR and MRS" last weekend.
She nailed that movie.i've been looking forward to seeing some of her other movies .u can recommend any other one she has acted.
But meanwhile,is she the best?

I've watched the likes of omotola,genevieve,mercy johnson,tonto dike,stephanie okereke,etc but none has invoked so much emotion with ease as she has done.
I feel she is but i maybe wrong, your opinion are welcome

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by yuncka: 11:41am On Sep 07, 2014
No, she isn't d best yet. But if she continues her awesome performance, she will be d best.

9 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
I noticed her first in Mr and Mrs too...I dont know if she is the best. But if I find out she is being tagged d present best, I ll ve no objection

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Yeah, Mr 'n' Mrs was goooood smiley

If she keeps it up she should be on her way to being the best.

4 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by sholay2011(m): 3:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
She is one of the best.

My personal best is Bimbo Akintola though.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by yinxfun(m): 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
She's good but definitely not de best... We are blessed with many talented actors

2 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by parrotibaba(m): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
op try phone swap

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by sholay2011(m): 8:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
@OP...I recommend 'Phone Swap' as a fellow poster said. But she first came into the limelight majorly in the movie 'Reloaded'. She and Stephanie Okereke stood shoulders above the rest (Ini Edo, Uche etc) in terms of performance.

'Reloaded' isn't a 'unique' movie but Nse delivered.

6 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Epathra(f): 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
She's good no doubt. And have seen some of her movies. Op try kiss and tell. Buh like Funke Akindele, she can over do things @ times. One of  reasons I won't put them on my A list. Bimbo Akintola anyday!

15 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by MizzD: 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
I watched reloaded before I watched mr and mrs, but I didn't even know it was the same nse in the former till I took time to rewatch it. I fell in love with her in mr and mrs, because she acted the movie so well and blended perfectly with joseph. After that, i decided to watch some of the movies she featured in, even the not-so-fabulous ones ; kiss and tell, phoneswap, broken,purple roses(this movie in particular is annoying but managed to watch because of nse) then this other shirley movie(the ghanaian producer of the contract), can't remember the title for now. *Its devil in detail*

She's one of my favourite actresses. She's too good.

4 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Excelboi(m): 10:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Have not seen any of her movie before sef. #Anti-nollywood

7 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Abbey2sam(m): 8:03am On Sep 08, 2014
I think that's obvious ..........

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 08, 2014
Team.... bimbo akintola...
Dat lady is jst like cowbel.. our milk..
She's gat it.. wink

12 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by spectramissile: 8:04am On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 08, 2014
Could be. Have you seen the movie "Phone Swap". It was the first movie I would see her in and she blew my mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by natureblack(m): 8:04am On Sep 08, 2014
Nope,it's actually Annie Idibie tongue tongue
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by adeoladrg(m): 8:04am On Sep 08, 2014
I've not watched any of the aforementioned movies. Neither do I know any of the actresses except Funke Akindele.

Lord help my boring life!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by wiringdpt(m): 8:05am On Sep 08, 2014
I love her

2 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by chegx(m): 8:06am On Sep 08, 2014
Nse Ikpe Etim is a Nigerian actress. She
came into prominence in 2008 for her role
in Reloaded. She was nominated for Best
Actress in a Leading Role at the 5th and 8th
Africa Movie Academy Awards for her role
in Reloaded and Mr & Mrs respectively. [5]
[6] In 2014, she won the Best Actress in a
Drama award at the 2014 Africa Magic
Viewers Choice Awards for playing "Nse" in
Journey to Self.
Early Life
Etim was born on 21 October in Akwa Ibom.
She started her elementary education at Awa
Nursery School and Command Primary
School in Kaduna State. She then furthered
her studies at FGC College and Federal
Government College in Jos and Ilorin
respectively. In a recent interview, she said
that her family was often transferred to
various regions of Nigeria due to her
father's career with the Central Bank of
Nigeria. [7] Etim got her first degree in
Theater Arts from the University of Calabar.
[8][9]
Personal Life
Etim is the first of six children of her
parents. She got married to her childhood
friend Clifford Sule on February 14, 2013 at
a Lagos registry. [10] A more elaborate
wedding ceremony followed in her
hometown of Akwa Ibom State and Lagos
State respectively, some months after the
civil union. She currently resides in London
with her husband, a Senior Lecturer at
Middlesex University who frequents Nigeria
for film engagements. [11][12][13]
Career
At 18, Etim started acting on stage at the
university. Her first television appearance
was in a family soap titled Inheritance. [14]
After her graduation from university she
temporarily left the film industry to venture
in other endeavours before making a
comeback with Emem Isong's Reloaded
alongside Ramsey Nouah, Rita Dominic and
Desmond Elliot . [15][16]

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by tonychristopher: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2014
nigerianvenom: I'm not really a movie freak but atleast i know and have watched most nollywood movies.
I never knew this lady until i watched the movie "MR and MRS" last weekend.
She nailed that movie.i've been looking forward to seeing some of her other movies .u can recommend any other one she has acted.
But meanwhile,is she the best?

I've watched the likes of omotola,genevieve,mercy johnson,tonto dike,stephanie okereke,etc but none has invoked so much emotion with ease as she has done.
I feel she is but i maybe wrong, your opinion are welcome

Who Dash Am Best Actress...What O Genie
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2014
She's good....

my best
*Mercy Johnson
*Nse Ekpe Itim

6 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by extremelygolden: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2014
No, she is not, though a good actress though.
Nigeria is a country of multi-talented actors/actresses.
Difficult to really find the best among them.

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by habex005(m): 8:07am On Sep 08, 2014
Nollywood ......backward since 1995

5 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by quest003: 8:07am On Sep 08, 2014
l'aro monday

5 Likes

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by kekakuz(m): 8:08am On Sep 08, 2014
How do you expect us to know her
no picture
you expect us to go and google her name to find out who she is abi?

1 Like

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 08, 2014
For now, she has the qualities, plus she selects good movies she wants to be, movies that will add value to lives and grow her career.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Sardongarigan(m): 8:08am On Sep 08, 2014
Who be nse again?
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Judolisco(m): 8:08am On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by Noneroone(m): 8:09am On Sep 08, 2014
No
Re: Is Nse Ikpe Etim Nigeria's Best Actress? by ggrin(f): 8:09am On Sep 08, 2014
Iya rainbow cool

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Advises Khafi: "Gedoni Is A Uniport Boy, Don't Mess With Him" / BBNaija Reunion: Tboss Slams Uriel For Gossiping About Her Outside BBNaija House / Seasonal Movies You Wished Were Not Cancelled?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.