Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) (17572 Views)

US: Hurricane Winds Tips Over Trucks, Spawn Tornadoes In Multiple States( Pics) / Killer tornadoes sweep through parts of the United States. Over 50 reported dead / Storm Dennis Batters The United Kingdom (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Nobody: 12:57am On Aug 05, 2020
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12064501_0_jpeg37d473e6ddd9a12d2adf7c748e2ee2ef

At least six people were killed as Tropical Storm Isaias triggered tornadoes and heavy rain on Tuesday along the US East Coast after it made landfall through North Carolina as a Category 1 hurricane.

Most of Tuesday's damage seemed to be east and north of where the hurricane's eye tore through land in North Carolina, causing floods and fires that displaced dozens of people.

Two people died when Isaias spun off a tornado that struck a mobile home park in Windsor, Bertie County officials said. Twelve people were injured and taken to hospitals.

Bertie County Sheriff John Holley told reporters 10 mobile homes had been destroyed in the area.

"It doesn't look real, it looks like something on TV. Nothing is there,'' Holley said. "All my officers are down there at this time. Pretty much the entire trailer park is gone.''

Chairman of the Bertie County Board of Commissioners Ron Wesson said emergency crews found no other casualties, and several people initially believed missing had all been accounted for. Wesson said 12 people had been hospitalized.

According to North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper, three counties along the state's coast were among the hardest hit with aggressive storms, structure fires and reports of tornadoes.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12064502_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573

New York and Maryland

Authorities said a further two people were killed by falling trees in Maryland and New York City as the storm gained speed.

A massive tree toppled and crushed a van in the Briarwood section of Queens, killing a man inside, police said. A woman in Mechanicsville, Maryland, died when a tree crashed onto her car, said Julie Yingling of the St Mary's County sheriff's office.

One person perished in Pennsylvania when their vehicle was swept away by flooding, while in Delaware a person died after being struck by a tree branch, authorities confirmed.

More than 15 hours after coming ashore, Isaias still had sustained top winds of 65 mph (105 km/h).

Strong winds 65 miles west of New York forced authorities to shut down the Staten Island Ferry and outdoor subway lines.

Before it struck the East Coast, Isaias killed two people in the Caribbean and lashed through the Bahamas before brushing past coronavirus-hit Florida.

Forecasters on Tuesday said Isaias was likely to remain a tropical storm as it heads towards New England over the next two days.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12064645_20080412074508isaias0804philadelphiaexlarge169_jpeg1177b8a07debdacc08bb08bb26aa031a

Source: https://www.dw.com/en/storm-isaias-batters-us-east-coast-triggering-flooding-and-tornadoes/a-54439122

2 Likes

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by starbuck(f): 1:12am On Aug 05, 2020
Righteousness89, I don catch you today grin

Explorers, I am missing you and your back to back thread cry cry, na old age abi you are burdened up with family issues..

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 1:20am On Aug 05, 2020
The Earth is Beginning to look like a Movie..
The Destructions, Shaking and all we see in Movies are Happening life in our Eyes..

Truly ! Like King Solomon said; Vanity Upon Vanity! All is Vanity!

Everything or Anything we are Involved in Here on Earth should be treated with very Light Hands. I am this! I am that! I have this! I have that! All is Vanity!

What Matters is our Soul! Nothing else Matters. Every other thing is Pure Vanity!

In all you Do, Please Ensure you Soul is Fed Properly. Ensure you are Ready For Eternity. That is What Matters.

May God Almighty open our Eyes of Understanding to see and Know what is of Importance so we do not keep Chasing Shadows and Vanity that could Suddenly dissolve without any Notice.

Prayers for the Whole World !

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 1:21am On Aug 05, 2020
starbuck:
, I don catch you today grin

Explorers, I am missing you and your back to back thread cry cry, na old age abi you are burdened up with family issues..
grin
won't you go Sleep?

4 Likes

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 05, 2020

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 1:41am On Aug 05, 2020
Macsjebs:

Bro, the world is coming to an end o, will u not patronize me before it does. As a staunch believer, the Bible commands that we support one another and help each other grow

Ezra 10:4 - "Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it.'"

I would have Patronized you my Brother, but I am not around . I will Direct people to u. Where are u based?

2 Likes

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

I would have Patronized you my Brother, but I am not around . I will Direct people to u. Where are u based?
Lagos

Btw, is it some sort of automated setting that changed words in the quote to Italics?
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 1:46am On Aug 05, 2020
Macsjebs:

Lagos

Btw, is it some sort of automated setting that changed words in the quote to Italics?
Yeah

1 Like

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 05, 2020
Righteousness89:

Yeah
Hmmm
Interesting!
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 10:25am On Aug 05, 2020
This is serious
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:25am On Aug 05, 2020
starbuck:

grin Time jare.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Explorers(m): 11:29am On Aug 05, 2020
The world sef is somehow, from Coro - storm/hurricane/flooding - Beirut bombing.

In some countries, terrorists are killing and kidnapping.

Police are doing their own too somewhere, tire jare.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by braveboy64(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
Cjc
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
Damn it!

We thank God we dont have all these kind of natural disasters in this part of the world.

Our natural disasters are our corrupt politicians.
And everyone of them that fraudulently looted our national treasury will never end well in life.
No be curse,
Na FACT!

Angelfrost:

Well said, sir!!! Aptly put!!!...
The sole curse of this nation and continent as a whole.
GBAM!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Henrydata(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ok

Mainwhile check my signature
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by gospelpen(f): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
This is so sad.

Do you own a website/blog?

I can help you pull massive human traffic from tier 1 countries (USA, Canada, UK etc) to boost your AdSense and overall earnings.

It's not hogwash. Check out my Gig on Fiverr to learn more

https://www.fiverr.com/s2/41294c1d6b
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by emmabest2000(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
The world is getting closer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. sorry oooooooooooooooh my pple
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Sundaypaul12345: 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
This is serious
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by OzziOhinoyi(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
This is terrible.
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by gambia(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
Shit keeps happening.
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Daviestunech(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
All is well
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by jidxin(m): 12:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
And after all this devastating effect LIGHT STILL DEY OOOO

5 Likes

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by tillaman(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
Storm Ibrahim
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by money121(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
Endtime cry
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Matheusmartin: 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
starbuck:

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by mcdokwe(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
One of the reasons I'm proud being African.

Our problems are basically man-made and as such, easily surmountable (if only we want to)
Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Matheusmartin: 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
starbuck:

I'll go with the latter..
It's not easy at all..
cry

1 Like

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by tfash96(m): 12:07pm On Aug 05, 2020
Seeing something like this will always make someone to be thinking Nigeria's not bad as a country naturally we're just blessed with cursed Leaders.. Awọn Oloriburuku ma shanfaani

3 Likes

Re: Storm Isaias Batters US East Coast Causing Rare Tornadoes, Floods & Fires (Pics) by Thatlong9: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

La Palma: Explosions Force Firefighters To Evacuate Residents & End Flights(Pix) / ISIS Beheads American Journalist Again / Afghanistan: At Least 1,000 Killed, 1500 Injured After 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.