Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,568 members, 7,861,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:27 PM

How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye (654 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Pastor Near My Area At Gra Benin City / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by ChristianFeeds: 6:07am On Aug 06, 2020
There are three possibilities with your fire. It could be burning bright, burning low or completely out. If the fire is burning bright, be careful. 1 Peter 5:8 says:

“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”

1 Corinthians 10: 12 says:

“Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.”

When fire is burning bright, demons take note of it and are watching closely. Since they cannot touch the fire, they await a time when it will burn out, so they can pounce on the fellow. Make sure you stay ...

continue from https://www.thechristianfeed.net/2020/08/how-hot-is-your-fire-pastor-adeboye.html

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Aug 06, 2020
ChristianFeeds:
There are three possibilities with your fire. It could be burning bright, burning low or completely out. If the fire is burning bright, be careful.

1 Peter 5:8 says:“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:”
1 Corinthians 10: 12 says: “Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.”

When fire is burning bright, demons take note of it and are watching closely. Since they cannot touch the fire, they await a time when it will burn out, so they can pounce on the fellow. Make sure you stay connected to God (John 15:5).
@Brachaa, now this is some of what I was talking about earlier?" See, this has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ taught His followers to be wary of. He never told them to be afraid of demons or expect demons to swarm them when they are tired or exhausted.
ChristianFeeds:
If the fire is burning low – you still go to Church, still look and talk like a Christian, but inside, you know you are not as close to God as you used to be, that is being lukewarm. Being lukewarm is dangerous (Revelation 3:15-16). Revelation 2:5 is a great warning:
Wait, what?

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
@Brachaa, now this is some of what I was talking about earlier?" See, this has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ taught His followers to be wary of. He never told them to be afraid of demons or expect demons to swarm them when they are tired or exhausted.

Wait, what?

But he made reference to the bible he was talking about. It says be "wary" so what was the Bible talking about being wary if not to warn us of the devils attack? As it also say he goes about looking for whom to devour.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
But he made reference to the bible he was talking about. It says be "wary" so what was the Bible talking about being wary if not to warn us of the devils attack? As it also say he goes about looking for whom to devour.
Ok...I should ask it a different way. Where did Jesus Christ tell you that demons are going to get you, His follower, when you are at your lowest? Where did he say anything about believers needing to fear demonic attacks?
As for Peter's message, consider the context in which the message is presented to see what it is indeed saying there....

1 Peter 5 vs 1-21(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now I have something to say to the elders in your group. I am also an elder. I myself have seen Christ’s sufferings. And I will share in the glory that will be shown to us. I beg you to
2. take care of the group of people you are responsible for. They are God’s flock.[a] Watch over that flock because you want to, not because you are forced to do it. That is how God wants it. Do it because you are happy to serve, not because you want money.
3. Don’t be like a ruler over those you are responsible for. But be good examples to them.
4. Then when Christ the Ruling Shepherd comes, you will get a crown—one that will be glorious and never lose its beauty.
5. Young people, I have something to say to you too. You should accept the authority of the elders. You should all have a humble attitude in dealing with each other. “God is against the proud, but he is kind to the humble.”
6. So be humble under God’s powerful hand. Then he will lift you up when the right time comes.
7. Give all your worries to him, because he cares for you.
8. Control yourselves and be careful! The devil is your enemy, and he goes around like a roaring lion looking for someone to attack and eat.
10. Refuse to follow the devil. Stand strong in your faith. You know that your brothers and sisters all over the world are having the same sufferings that you have.

See the difference it makes when the verse is considered within the context of the message itself? Temptation is everywhere but those who develop self-control will be able to live above it. Where does 'demonic attack' come in to any of that?

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Ok...I should ask it a different way. Where did Jesus Christ tell you that demons are going to get you, His follower, when you are at your lowest? Where did he say anything about believers needing to fear demonic attacks?
As for Peter's message, consider the context in which the message is presented to see what it is indeed saying there....

See the difference it makes when the verse is considered within the context of the message itself? Temptation is everywhere but those who develop self-control will be able to live above it. Where does 'demonic attack' come in to any of that?

Ah ah.. See it there in verse 8... That the enemy goes about looking for who to eat and attack. Thats where he said it.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
See here, you have Paul's message when considered in the context that the verse was pulled from says absolutely nothing about a 'demonic attack' of any sort.

1 Corinthians 10 vs 1-13 (ERV)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Brothers and sisters, I want you to know what happened to our ancestors who were with Moses. They were all under the cloud,[a] and they all walked through the sea.
2. They were all baptized[b] into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.
3. They all ate the same spiritual food,
4. and they all drank the same spiritual drink. They drank from that spiritual rock that was with them, and that rock was Christ.
5. But God was not pleased with most of those people, so they were killed in the desert.
6. And these things that happened are examples for us. These examples should stop us from wanting evil things like those people did.
7. Don’t worship idols as some of them did. As the Scriptures say, “The people sat down to eat and drink and then got up to have a wild party.”[c]
8. We should not commit sexual sins as some of them did. In one day 23,000 of them died because of their sin.
9. We should not test Christ[d] as some of them did. Because of that, they were killed by snakes.
10. And don’t complain as some of them did. Because they complained, they were killed by the angel that destroys.
11. The things that happened to those people are examples. They were written to be warnings for us. We live in the time that all those past histories were pointing to.
12. So anyone who thinks they are standing strong should be careful that they don’t fall.
13. The only temptations that you have are the same temptations that all people have. But you can trust God. He will not let you be tempted more than you can bear. But when you are tempted, God will also give you a way to escape that temptation. Then you will be able to endure it.
I mean think closely about these things. These letters, both by Paul and Peter, was written, not to unbelievers but to those who were followers of Jesus Christ. Now think, if God already lives on the inside of His own, how the heck would a demon approach such a being(hot or cold) from anywhere? If God be for you, WHO, WHO, WHO can be against you? Dem no born that one well at all.

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
Ah ah.. See it there in verse 8... That the enemy goes about looking for who to eat and attack. Thats where he said it.
And what does the message tell YOU, ( the follower of Jesus Christ being referred to, not the enemy) in the next verse NOT to do? Remember, the key is the power is in your hands to do, or not to do.

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
And what does the message tell YOU, ( the follower of Jesus Christ being referred to, not the enemy) in the next verse NOT to do? Remember, the key is the power is in your hands to do, or not to do.

You're saying the same thing as pst. Adeboye KJ. Same same.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
Brachaa:
You're saying the same thing as pst. Adeboye KJ. Same same.
Please don't pull back into deceit here. We are not saying the same thing at all. I put those verses out there in Easy-to-read English so that we can both easily read and comprehend Peter's message in clear English language.

1 Peter 5 vs 1-9(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now I have something to say to the elders in your group. I am also an elder. I myself have seen Christ’s sufferings. And I will share in the glory that will be shown to us. I beg you to
2. take care of the group of people you are responsible for. They are God’s flock.[a] Watch over that flock because you want to, not because you are forced to do it. That is how God wants it. Do it because you are happy to serve, not because you want money.
3. Don’t be like a ruler over those you are responsible for. But be good examples to them.
4. Then when Christ the Ruling Shepherd comes, you will get a crown—one that will be glorious and never lose its beauty.
5. Young people, I have something to say to you too. You should accept the authority of the elders. You should all have a humble attitude in dealing with each other. “God is against the proud, but he is kind to the humble.”
6. So be humble under God’s powerful hand. Then he will lift you up when the right time comes.
7. Give all your worries to him, because he cares for you.
8. Control yourselves and be careful! The devil is your enemy, and he goes around like a roaring lion looking for someone to attack and eat.
The first part of verse 8 above tells the followers of Jesus Christ to develop self-control. It is almost impossible to be a follower of Jesus Christ and not have some serious Self-Control working since it becomes clear to you that sin, at every junction, is a CHOICE- yeah-nothing but. The latter part does not tell you that this devil in question is out to attack you, but instead it speaks of how the devil acts. No, what it simply serves to do is inform of the nature of the devil as the enemy- The devil is your enemy, and he goes around like a roaring lion looking for someone to attack and eat.

1 Peter 5 vs 9(ERV)
9. Refuse to follow the devil. Stand strong in your faith. You know that your brothers and sisters all over the world are having the same sufferings that you have.
In verse 9, Peter now calls on followers of Jesus Christ to REFUSE(a choice is to be made here) to follow the devil. Right there he acknowledges a truth that such a one who is a follower of Jesus Christ would need to consciously choose to submit his will to the devil, before sin(devil) can get a hold on one's life. He never suggests that the devil is indeed able to attack a follower of Jesus Christ unawares, NO.

However, your pastor there suggests that the devil is quite able to attack those who are followers of Jesus Christ, contrary to Peter's message as we read above.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 5:28am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Please don't pull back into deceit here. We are not saying the same thing at all. I put those verses out there in Easy-to-read English so that we can both easily read and comprehend Peter's message in clear English language.

The first part of verse 8 above tells the followers of Jesus Christ to develop self-control. It is almost impossible to be a follower of Jesus Christ and not have some serious Self-Control working since it becomes clear to you that sin, at every junction, is a CHOICE- yeah-nothing but. The latter part does not tell you that this devil in question is out to attack you, but instead it speaks of how the devil acts. No, what it simply serves to do is inform of the nature of the devil as the enemy- The devil is your enemy, and he goes around like a roaring lion looking for someone to attack and eat.

In verse 9, Peter now calls on followers of Jesus Christ to REFUSE(a choice is to be made here) to follow the devil. Right there he acknowledges a truth that such a one who is a follower of Jesus Christ would need to consciously choose to submit his will to the devil, before sin(devil) can get a hold on one's life. He never suggests that the devil is indeed able to attack a follower of Jesus Christ unawares, NO.

However, your pastor there suggests that the devil is quite able to attack those who are followers of Jesus Christ, contrary to Peter's message as we read above.

Hmm... I see.

But you know when a follower summits to the devil, it could make his light go low (according to pst Adeboye) and when that happens It gives room for the follower to be attacked. I guess thats what he too was saying.

Its just because you already have a mindset about them that anything they say just sounds wrong to you undecided. Right?
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 5:58am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:
Hmm... I see.
But you know when a follower summits to the devil, it could make his light go low (according to pst Adeboye) and when that happens It gives room for the follower to be attacked. I guess thats what he too was saying.
Its just because you already have a mindset about them that anything they say just sounds wrong to you undecided. Right?
When a follower summits to the devil, is he or she able to recover from that? Check out the story of Ananias and Saphira. They submitted and it cost them their lives... what took them was not the devil or demons but God Himself. Yes, God Himself took them out of the picture for His name's sake.

When a follower of Jesus Christ submits to sin, God Himself is the one to punish such a person, even as He punished Israel numerously in the Old testament whenever Israel erred. If you notice in the Old Testament, the word devil is not even used at all because God Himself doled out punishments against Israel when she erred against Him.

See, the covenants each come with curses in cases of disobedience. Yes, even the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ has blessing for obedience and curses to reward disobedience. When a follower willingly submits to sin, it is not the devil or some demons that steps in to punish, no it is God Himself that does it. Below are some of the New Covenant woes...

Matthew 23 vs 13-27
13. “But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in.[d]
15. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell[e] as yourselves.
16. “Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is bound by his oath.’
17. You blind fools! For which is greater, the gold or the temple that has made the gold sacred?
18. And you say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing, but if anyone swears by the gift that is on the altar, he is bound by his oath.’
19. You blind men! For which is greater, the gift or the altar that makes the gift sacred?
20. So whoever swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it.
21. And whoever swears by the temple swears by it and by him who dwells in it.
22. And whoever swears by heaven swears by the throne of God and by him who sits upon it.
23. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.
24. You blind guides, straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel!
25. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and the plate, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.
26. You blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside also may be clean.
27. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which outwardly appear beautiful, but within are full of dead people's bones and all uncleanness.
28. So you also outwardly appear righteous to others, but within you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
29. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the monuments of the righteous,
30. saying, ‘If we had lived in the days of our fathers, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’
31. Thus you witness against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets.
32. Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers.
33. You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?
34. Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town,
35. so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah,[f] whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar.
36. Truly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.
And there are still others

I have nothing PERSONALLY against those men.. they are business men... I have everything, however, against the lies they tell people in the name of God.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:09am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
When a follower summits to the devil, is he or she able to recover from that? Check out the story of Ananias and Saphira. They submitted and it cost them their lives... what took them was not the devil or demons but God Himself. Yes, God Himself took them out of the picture for His name's sake.

When a follower of Jesus Christ submits to sin, God Himself is the one to punish such a person, even as He punished Israel numerously in the Old testament whenever Israel erred. If you notice in the Old Testament, the word devil is not even used at all because God Himself doled out punishments against Israel when she erred against Him.

See, the covenants each come with curses in cases of disobedience. Yes, even the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ has blessing for obedience and curses to reward disobedience. When a follower willingly submits to sin, it is not the devil or some demons that steps in to punish, no it is God Himself that does it. Below are some of the New Covenant woes...

And there are still others

I have nothing PERSONALLY against those men.. they are business men... I have everything, however, against the lies they tell people in the name of God.

Then if you have everything against their "lies" why do you refuse to open/start a church to right all the wrong notions you feel they are creating?

At least start even if it a Christian program on YouTube.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 6:26am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:
Then if you have everything against their "lies" why do you refuse to open/start a church to right all the wrong notions you feel they are creating?
At least start even if it a Christian program on YouTube.
Church(building) is out of the question because God is the only teacher there is. Youtube Channel maybe. Am I considering it? Nah!
As followers of Jesus Christ, we are not to set ourselves up as teachers over Jesus Christ's own flock... God is our only teacher and He teaches everyone of His own directly.

Jeremiah 31 vs 31-34 (ERV)
31. “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, 32. not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord.
33. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
These men who have set themselves up as teachers over God's flock (teaching their own doctrine and traditions) are doing so against the very commandment of Jesus Christ... Against God's own word and commandment, and yes, there is punishment that awaits those who do so.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called teachers, for you have one Teacher, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
We are only called to teach exactly what Jesus Christ taught and nothing more. Just as God commanded that no one add to what He commanded, and not to take anything away from that which He has commanded in the Old Covenant, the same applies with the New Covenant.

Deuteronomy 4 vs 1-2 (ERV)
1. “Now, Israel, listen to the laws and to the commands that I teach you. Obey them and you will live. Then you can go in and take the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you.
2. You must not add to what I command you. And you must not take anything away. You must obey the commands of the Lord your God that I have given you.
That is why Jesus warned against Doctrines and Traditions of men such as these as they are lies and deceive men away from God.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 07, 2020
post=92541863] Church(building) is out of the question because God is the only teacher there is. Youtube Channel maybe. Am I considering it? Nah!
As followers of Jesus Christ, we are not to set ourselves up as teachers over Jesus Christ's own flock... God is our only teacher and He teaches everyone of His own directly.

How can you say we can't be teachers of the word when the Bible says, "he made some teachers"? And then you went ahead to contradict yourself again that we are to only one teach what God wants us to teach. undecided

These men who have set themselves up as teachers over God's flock (teaching their own doctrine and traditions) are doing so against the very commandment of Jesus Christ... Against God's own word and commandment, and yes, there is punishment that awaits those who do so.

We are only called to teach exactly what Jesus Christ taught and nothing more. Just as God commanded that no one add to what He commanded, and not to take anything away from that which He has commanded in the Old Covenant, the same applies with the New Covenant

Here contradicting your post above.

Kobojunkie, have you slept today? tongue mm?
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 6:57am On Aug 07, 2020
I will use the word preach to denote teaching exactly what Jesus Christ taught, and then the word Teach to denote teachings of doctrines and traditions in the name of God that add or remove from the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. That should clear this up a bit for you here.
Brachaa:
How can you say we can't be teachers of the world when the Bible says, "he made some teachers"? And then you went ahead to contradict yourself again that we are to only one teach what God wants us to teach.
Yes, some are called to teach(Preach). What can they teach(Preach)? Exactly what Jesus Christ taught them, and nothing more...without adding or removing anything.
You have to understand what the passage below is... it is Jesus Christ commanding that He and He alone be the only Teacher/Rabbi/Teacher of the Law... etc.

Matthew 23 vs 8-12
8. But you are not to be called rabbi, for you have one teacher, and you are all brothers.[c]
9. And call no man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
10. Neither be called instructors, for you have one instructor, the Christ.
11. The greatest among you shall be your servant.
12. Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.
And we know that it is against God's commandment for us to add or remove from His teaching in anyway, else we will nullify the power of God in what We teach, rendering it meaningless in the lives of those we teach our doctrines.

Deuteronomy 4 vs 1-2 (ERV)
1. “Now, Israel, listen to the laws and to the commands that I teach you. Obey them and you will live. Then you can go in and take the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you.
2. You must not add to what I command you. And you must not take anything away. You must obey the commands of the Lord your God that I have given you.
Not everyone is called to teach(Preach) , but for those who are to go out, they are not to teach their own doctrine, but to Preach exactly what the Master has taught us all.
Brachaa:
Here contradicting your post above.
kobojunkie, have you slept today? tongue mm?
Those who set themselves up as Teachers(like the pharisees and sadducees, and the teachers of the Law of Old, the Priests and the lot) teach their own doctrine and traditions in the name of God... these doctrines are lies since they seek to add/remove from the very commandments that God has taught His people to obey.

In the new Covenant, there is no place for MOGs since God by tearing open the Holy of Holies made Himself directly available to each and every man, removing the need for any human intermediates.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I will use the word preach to denote teaching exactly what Jesus Christ taught, and then the word Teach to denote preaching doctrines and traditions in the name of God that add or remove from the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. That should clear this up a bit for you here.
Yes, some are called to teach(Preach). What can they teach(Preach)? Exactly what Jesus Christ taught them, and nothing more...without adding or removing anything.
You have to understand what the passage below is... it is Jesus Christ commanding that He and He alone be the only Teacher/Rabbi/Teacher of the Law... etc.

And we know that it is against God's commandment for us to add or remove from His teaching in anyway, else we will nullify the power of God in what We teach, rendering it meaningless in the lives of those we teach our doctrines.

Not everyone is called to teach(Preach) , but for those who are to go out, they are not to teach their own doctrine, but to Preach exactly what the Master has taught us all.
Those who set themselves up as Teachers(like the pharisees and sadducees, and the teachers of the Law of Old, the Priests and the lot) teach their own doctrine and traditions in the name of God... these doctrines are lies since they seek to add/remove from the very commandments that God has taught His people to obey.

In the new Covenant, there is no place for MOGs since God by tearing open the Holy of Holies made Himself directly available to each and every man, removing the need for any human intermediates.

Chaiiii... This guy? Hmm... Just slow down o.

It is well.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 7:04am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:
Chaiiii... This guy? Hmm... Just slow down o.
It is well.
Why slow down? God's work is to be done.

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:11am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Why slow down? God's work is to be done.

No o. I'm not saying slow down on God's work. I mean on attacking MOG. Or you wanna take over Jesus? tongue
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 7:24am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:
No o. I'm not saying slow down on God's work. I mean on attacking MOG. Or you wanna take over Jesus? tongue
Attacking them? I am not attacking them but simply stating the truth of their worth in the New Covenant... According to Jesus Christ, there are no Men or Women of God in the Kingdom of God to begin with. So, there!

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Attacking them? I am not attacking them but simply stating the truth of their worth in the New Covenant... According to Jesus Christ, there are no Men or Women of God in the Kingdom of God to begin with. So, there!

So you're not a man of God? I think thats just a normal term to describe a man who believes in God, nothing more. Just like we have child/children of God.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 7:30am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:
So you're not a man of God? I think thats just a normal term to describe a man who believes in God, nothing more. UST like we have child/children of God.
HECK NO! MOG comes from the Old Covenant laws... I believe and am a part of the New Covenant. In the new Covenant, we are all children of God and the greatest among us is a slave to the others.
Your MOGs are bosses/leaders and authorities in their respective kingdoms, contrary to everything Jesus Christ commanded of His followers.

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
HECK NO! MOG comes from the Old Covenant laws... I believe and am a part of the New Covenant. In the new Covenant, we are all children of God and the greatest among us is a slave to the others.
Your MOGs are bosses/leaders and authorities in their respective kingdoms, contrary to everything Jesus Christ commanded of His followers.

Stop reading too much meanings to that title KJ. Its just a phrase. Tot you liked to take things literally? Why is this one difficult for you to handle literally?

Whether old testament, men of God, people of God, children of God, they have no underlying meaning apart from their literal meaning.

Kobojunkie, ngwa, jeh hi uran smiley
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 7:44am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:
Stop reading too much meanings to that title KJ. Its just a phrase. Tot you liked to take things literarily? Why is this one difficult for you to handle literally?
Which one? MOGs?
Brachaa:
Whether old testament, men of God, people of God, children of God have no underlying meaning apart from literal meaning.
Kobojunkie, ngwa, jeh hi uran smiley
You believe you are wrong on this one! When you are born of the Spirit... The Spirit of God bears witness to who you are. When He reassures you of who you are, He does not tell you that you are indeed a Man of God... no, He tells you that you are a child of God.... The Most High God.
I believe it is very important. Even Jesus Christ taught us of it's importance from the beginning that He proclaimed that only those who become like children will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Those who think or believe themselves mature, or wise in their ways, will not enter... only those who become like children (and remain as children). Age means nothing in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Which one? MOGs?
You believe you are wrong on this one! When you are born of the Spirit... The Spirit of God bears witness to who you are. When He reassures you of who you are, He does not tell you that you are indeed a Man of God... no, He tells you that you are a child of God.... The Most High God.
I believe it is very important. Even Jesus Christ taught us of it's importance from the beginning that He proclaimed that only those who become like children will enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
Those who think or believe themselves mature, or wise in their ways, will not enter... only those who become like children (and remain as children). Age means nothing in the Kingdom of Heaven.

I see.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Kobojunkie: 8:05am On Aug 07, 2020
Brachaa:

I see.
Every detail of what Jesus Christ did and said is of importance, I have found.
Re: How Hot Is Your Fire? – Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Every detail of what Jesus Christ did and said is of importance, I have found.

No doubt.

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Singer Ada Ehi To Perform At Illumination Assembly 31st Anniversary Conce / 10 Reasons Why I Don’t Celebrate Christmas / A Giant Replica Of Noah's Ark In Ipswich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.