Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:36 PM

Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha (1210 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu And Buhari Throwback Photos, 18 Years Ago / Orji Kalu And His Team Dressed To Receive President Buhari Is Aba(pics) / Father Mbaka Speaks On Orji Uzor Kalu’s Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Showbby28: 5:27pm On Aug 06, 2020
Former Governor of Imo state and Senator representing Imo West Senatorial zone , Senator Rochas Okorocha on Thursday said Igbo leadership and responsibilities has fallen on the Senate Chief Whip and former Governor of Abia state, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu and himself (Okorocha )

The former Imo governor made the statement on Thursday in Abia at the home of First Vice National Chairman of All Progressives Congress (APC) South East, Dr Julius Anyim Nyerere

Okorocha whose meeting with Kalu was coincidental spoke strongly for the reunification of Igbo elites, adding that himself and Kalu have decided to work together. He also suggested they need to dramatize their love and peace so that subsequent generations can key in to it.

According to him , ” Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu is late , politicians like Jim Nwobodo, Arthur Nzeribe and many others are no longer active as they use to be . Many other great leaders are no more and that vacuum must be filled up .So the responsibilities have fallen on other people’s shoulders, and that shoulder is that of Dr Orji Uzor Kalu and myself. So it is important that we gather as brothers and discuss issues that will help the entire Igbo people. Because if a child knows what killed his father, he wouldn’t allow himself to die same way . ”

Speaking further he said , ” I am using this opportunity to tell my brother, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu that the dance we are dancing now is not for ourselves but to entertain the public and know if they will be happy. If I dance for you to give me money , that means something is wrong . So the dance now is not for us but to see if there will be a better future for Igbo people. We have decided to work together. We are learning on the job on how to work together. We have to make a shift from the normalcy.

“The political ideology inherited from our predecessors and political fore fathers are not really the best . We were taught to maintain political enemies for the rest of your life. That is why the likes of Jim Nwobodo and Alex Ekwueme never agreed until death , Mbakwe and Arthur Nzeribe never agreed until death and so we must carve out a niche so we don’t transfer this to subsequent generation of “Ndigbo”, that is why people like Orji Uzor Kalu and myself must profess love amongst ourselves and not only within us but within our enclave.

Continuing he said, “We should never allow division among ourselves. We must distinguish ourselves in character and at the same time know when to extend our hands of fellowship to our brothers who are not on the same political stand with us . This will help us to know when political war will end and when brotherhood will start . Because in life you need to know when to start and when to stop. We need to come together to make sure that Igbo people are no longer used as political spare tyres . I saw a protest yesterday in Abuja and Lagos and that protest is a pointer . We need to dramatize our love and peace so that subsequent generations can key in to it .” Okorocha said.

In his response, Kalu said he wants peace to return to the APC political family in the South East .

He noted that what he needs in life at the moment are limited , adding that he will be very happy to see the current governor of Imo state, Hope Uzodimma and Rochas Okorocha on the same page.

Kalu’s words: ” I am happy because Owelle has spoken so well, I want peace to return to APC in the Southeast, I am the highest politically elected office holder the Southeast by virtue of my office as the Chief Whip.

“In the Senate I am ranked number four and I have never taken it for granted. The only problem I am facing is resolve the issue between the Governor of Imo State (Hope Uzodinma) and the former Governor (Rochas Okorocha) ; for them to be on the same page , I will be fulfilled politically anyday both of them decide to work together. My dream is to have roundtable discussion with Governor Uzodimma, Yourself ( Okorocha), Senator Ken Nnamani , Hon Minister Ogbonnaya Onu, Senator Chris Ngige and Minister Geoffrey Onyeama and others. Once we achieve that, the sky will be our starting point. If we are unable to resolve the political issues in Imo State it will be difficult for us to move forward. ” He said

Kalu noted he is very courageous and not scared of speaking the truth, adding that he also want to see a larger Nigeria where every citizen will be comfortable and living in unity.

https://thenigeriadaily.com/2020/08/06/igbo-responsibilities-have-fallen-on-orji-kalu-and-myself-okorocha/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Officialgarri: 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
When you dance with a mad man, it is a dance of shame.!

Orji is a thief. His brothers can keep covering him and call it witch-hunting, but even the APC knows he is a thief and they haven't found a way to dismiss him.

There will be joy in APC if this man can cross to the other party of thieves. We don't do that here

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Sammy07: 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Officialgarri:

Orji is a thief. His brothers can keep covering him and call it witch-hunting, but even the APC knows he is a thief and they haven't found a way to dismiss him.

There will be joy in APC if this man can cross to the other party of thieves. We don't that here

don't mind them jare.

Orjis families sat on abia treasury and even went to the shrine to swear to the gods, to milked the state dry.
yet their focus is on tinubu.

We know their aim.
1966 plans will not work again.
While their leaders will be roaming freely, they want to look for ways to kill our leaders like they did during the Coup.

James ibori dey there, Dem never talk about him.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by zpakln(f): 5:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin Nnamdi Okwu Kanu won’t like this news.

Treat yourself to an improved radio listening experience with Nigeria Radio app!

Get it at:- http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getjoydev.nigeriaradio

Over 400 Nigeria Radio Stations are available in superior sound quality.
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Tranquillity360: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Igbo enwe Eze

If you know you know.

What fall on you both is Just leadership of Igbos in Apc.
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
if this are the best leaders the igbos can put forward then i am ashamed on their behalf.
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Officialgarri: 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Sammy07:

don't mind them jare.

Orjis families sat on abia treasury and even went to the shrine to swear to the gods, to milked the state dry.

We know their aim.
While their leaders will be roaming freely, they want to look for ways to kill our leaders like they did during the Coup.

Ibori was given a ceremonial welcome and I wonder if these people's head is correct.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by gwafaeziokwu: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
Igbo responsibility can only fall on responsible shoulders. Good thing is that all our politicians know how we feel about each of them. We know the who the chaffs and the real deal are. The power to confer leadership of Igbo race on any one of them lie squarely in the hands of Igbo populace. It is a matter of general or popular consensus. The agreement will be overwhelming and iron cast across the length and breadth of Igboland.

Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu held it for years until his death. There is a vacuum but we are not in a haste. His successor will effortlessly emerge. This successor will 'choose' himself by his 'deeds'. He can't be a charlatan. He must prove that Igbo collective aspiration will not be sabotaged by him when shown a few dollars or threatened by enemies. He must be celebral and larger than life.

When the time comes he will emerge, but for now, Rochas and Co are merely noise makers.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Sammy07: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Officialgarri:

Ibori was given a ceremonial welcome and I wonder if these people's head is correct.

obsession, downfall, greed, envy.

From politics of 1950 - date.
the four above appeared in their lives.
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by gwafaeziokwu: 5:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
zangaozanga:
if this are the best leaders the igbos can put forward then i am ashamed on their behalf.

We have been shaming on your behalf ever since you endorsed a former drug lord as your leader. These ones are still aspiring to be leaders, yours is already confirmed.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by helinues: 5:59pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin grin

Nnamdi Kanu, Rochas Okorocha and Orji Kalu are the most respected people from SE..

That's the region of the acclaimed the most intelligent tribe in Africa... cheesy grin
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by gwafaeziokwu: 6:08pm On Aug 06, 2020
helinues:
grin grin

Nnamdi Kanu, Rochas Okorocha and Orji Kalu are the most respected people from SE..

That's the region of the acclaimed the most intelligent tribe in Africa... cheesy grin

grin

According to whom it does not concern.

Una dey try I swear.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Charleys: 7:01pm On Aug 06, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
Igbo responsibility can only fall on responsible shoulders. Good thing is that all our politicians know how we feel about each of them. We know the who the chaffs and the real deal are. The power to confer leadership of Igbo race on any one of them lie squarely in the hands of Igbo populace. It is a matter of general or popular consensus. The agreement will be overwhelming and iron cast across the length and breadth of Igboland.

Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu held it for years until his death. There is a vacuum but we are not in a haste. His successor will effortlessly emerge. This successor will 'choose' himself by his 'deeds'. He can't be a charlatan. He must prove that Igbo collective aspiration will not be sabotaged by him when shown a few dollars or threatened by enemies. He must be celebral and larger than life.

When the time comes he will emerge, but for now, Rochas and Co are merely noise makers.

Amaechi the minister of transportation comes to mind.
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2020
Oh wow.

If this is true then I commiserate with the Igbos in advance. Accept my condolences.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Bkayyy: 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
The only person that is close to an Igbo leader right now is Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, though I still doubt his credibility
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by richie240: 7:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

What about nnamdi kanu- d most popular Igbo 'leader' as we speak?
#Just_askin
cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Eastlink(m): 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hope you both will use this opportunity to make difference. As leaders of the APC SE, your people demands you represent them well.
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Anago55: 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Officialgarri:

There will be joy in APC if this man can cross to the other party of thieves. We don't do that here
. Yesooo

Tinubu is not a thief

orji uzor kalu and rochas okorocha including all the Eastern governors and political class are all thieves. hope you are happy now

1 Like

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Anago55: 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
zangaozanga:
. If you are one of the propagators of Tinubu presidency. then I am more ashamed of you
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 06, 2020
Officialgarri:

Are u scared ? Are u scared that he would beat tinubu or mere commissioner to the APC ticket ?

Shabi igbos don't know how to play politics ...we are bringing it to your door steps ...let's play

1 Like

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Notasyouthink: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
helinues:
grin grin

Tinubu, and gani Adams are the most respected people from SW.

That's the region of the acclaimed most sophisticated and educated tribe in Africa tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Area4Area: 9:31pm On Aug 06, 2020
Igbochief001:

Are u scared ? Are u scared that he would beat tinubu or mere commissioner to the APC ticket ?

Shabi igbos don't know how to play politics ...we are bringing it to your door steps ...let's play
You've not even gotten a party that would accept any Igbo as its candidate and you're already beating your chest.

Your nightmare Tinubu hasn't even said he's running for the presidency yet and most of you are already Peeing in your boxers.
Shame on you guys
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by ThatFairGuy: 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Eye services. Both are positioning themselves as leader. The biggest crises will occur when they're to present a conscessor candidate for presidency.
We know them

Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
Area4Area:
You've not even gotten a party that would accept any Igbo as its candidate and you're already beating your chest.

Your nightmare Tinubu hasn't even said he's running for the presidency yet and most of you are already Peeing in your boxers.
Shame on you guys
Has orji said he was running ? ...is there any party that trust yorubas enough ?

After what u guys did but in PDP and APC ?
How osinanjo thought buhari was near death and prayed for him to die ?

How u still pretend like u support this government just because u hope for them to hand over to u ? ...

How u formed amote what ever

U guys are not smart no body trust yorubas ...not north not south

Everyone knows where igbos stand every one know where north stand ...no body trust yorubas
Re: Igbo Responsibilities Have Fallen On Orji Kalu And Myself “- Okorocha by ThatFairGuy: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Sammy07:

don't mind them jare.

We know their aim.

THEY'RE ALL HYPOCRITES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Does Not Have Any Stronghold / #ENDSARS Mowe/ibafo Put Lagos - Ibadan On Total Lockdown / Bobrisky Buys Newly Released Iphone 12 Pro, See How Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.