Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright (1848 Views)

I Have Honda Accord 2014 Left Head Lamp And Complete Rear Light For Sale / How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. / ML 350, 4matic Head Lamp Issues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by MrMurphy1: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hi.... What can be done to the head lamp of Toyota Camry 07 to make night driving enjoyable and safe though I don't think changing bulb will be a solution... I used a Camry 05 with a very bright head lamp.....KINDLY HELP WITH SOLUTIONS
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by Bobbydell(m): 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2020
MrMurphy1:
Hi.... What can be done to the head lamp of Toyota Camry 07 to make night driving enjoyable and safe though I don't think changing bulb will be a solution... I used a Camry 05 with a very bright head lamp.....KINDLY HELP WITH SOLUTIONS
Get a white charger bulb
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by seunpayne(m): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
White bulb didn’t fix it o. It’s on but to be honest I still don’t see anything. Is this an issue with the 07?
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by MrMurphy1: 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
Honestly, I can't just figure out the problem...and have suggested buying the 010 head lamp ....that it'll serve better......
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by emy77: 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2020
Your bulbs are not positioned properly. Simple. A good electrician at night will help you reposition them.

If Toyota could make 05 camry with good lights, why will the 07 have poor lights.

Even with the white hid lights you won't still see well until the bulb positions are sorted out
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by kingreign(m): 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2020
emy77:
Your bulbs are not positioned properly. Simple. A good electrician at night will help you reposition them.

If Toyota could make 05 camry with good lights, why will the 07 have poor lights.

Even with the white hid lights you won't still see well until the bulb positions are sorted out

Toyota's have poor headlamps. The only Toyota with bright headlights are corollas. That particular Camry XV40 has terrible low beams. Even Lexus too have terrible headlamps for the ES350, and RX350 and some GX.
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by MrMurphy1: 3:41pm On Aug 09, 2020
Certainly, previous or current users had their ways tru this.......

I'll keep making findings......
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by EngRichie: 8:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
That year's Camry doesn't have a bright low beam.

Remove the HID that you put there. Even though the low beam is projector type, it is designed to work with a filament bulb.

Check if your alternator outputs at least 13.6 volts when lights are on..

Check the age of the filament bulb that you used. The filament should be clear. Filament bulbs don't last very well before aging too.

Aim the headlight properly

You didn't state whether it's both low beam and high beam lights that are not bright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by Pweezy(m): 6:32am On Aug 10, 2020
I also have similar experience too. Even with my full lights on, its still not clear. Even bought white bulbs too. Will appreciate possible solutions.
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by seunpayne(m): 10:20am On Aug 10, 2020
EngRichie:
That year's Camry doesn't have a bright low beam.

Remove the HID that you put there. Even though the low beam is projector type, it is designed to work with a filament bulb.

Check if your alternator outputs at least 13.6 volts when lights are on..

Check the age of the filament bulb that you used. The filament should be clear. Filament bulbs don't last very well before aging too.

Aim the headlight properly

You didn't state whether it's both low beam and high beam lights that are not bright.

Brightness isn’t the issue. The white bulbs are plenty bright. It just doesn’t point down. I’ve had a mechanic adjust it twice now and still nothing. Full beam brings in minimal improvements but it’s still poor overall.

I’ll do the alternator check this week. Last option may be to just change the whole bulb housing to an aftermarket mod. Saw some really nice ones on carparts last week.
Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by woodrow(m): 10:44am On Aug 10, 2020
This is a solution for you all.

Re: Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright by EngRichie: 4:22am On Aug 11, 2020
Your decision to go for aftermarket mod is good (get a quality one). You will never aim this present setup correctly because of wrong application of bulb as the bulb in it now has a different focal point from the one that is supposed to be there.

seunpayne:

Brightness isn’t the issue. The white bulbs are plenty bright. It just doesn’t point down. I’ve had a mechanic adjust it twice now and still nothing. Full beam brings in minimal improvements but it’s still poor overall.

I’ll do the alternator check this week. Last option may be to just change the whole bulb housing to an aftermarket mod. Saw some really nice ones on carparts last week.

(1) (Reply)

What Is And Why Vin? / Install Fog Light On 2005 Honda Pilot / Mitsubishi Endeavor 2004 Nigeria User Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.