Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,536 members, 7,816,307 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. (1712 Views)

I Have Honda Accord 2014 Left Head Lamp And Complete Rear Light For Sale / Toyota Camry 07 Head Lamp Not Bright / Faded Plate Number An Offense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by unilagfreshest(m): 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good Afternoon,
I use a TOYOTA CAMRY 2003, big daddy,
Please how can I clean/ clear the faded lights.
Its always dim at night...
No money yet to replace them.
Any help house...

Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by 2special(m): 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2021
Why not search for the procedure and watch the video on YouTube

1 Like

Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by Lexusgs430: 5:01pm On Oct 23, 2021
unilagfreshest:
Good Afternoon,
Any help house...

Toothpaste.......

White toothpaste - Old toothbrush - water - dry buffing cloth......
Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by alphaNomega: 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2021
Make sure the headlight bulb sitting has not been damaged then try to refocus the light. Search YouTube on how to do this.

Cleaning that glass won't do much if your light is not properly aligned

1 Like

Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by unilagfreshest(m): 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Toothpaste.......

White toothpaste - Old toothbrush - water - dry buffing cloth......

Thanks boss.

Recommend any toothpaste for me,,, also will I paste and wipe immediately, or it will dry before wiping
Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by unilagfreshest(m): 7:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
alphaNomega:
Make sure the headlight bulb sitting has not been damaged then try to refocus the light. Search YouTube on how to do this.

Cleaning that glass won't do much if your light is not properly aligned

Thanks so much, already on YouTube.
I saw vinegar and baking soda mixture.
Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by melviniyke2002(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2021
Go buy another one even if nah China.....after cleaning it wud reappear after some days
Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by Okoyedavid3(f): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
unilagfreshest:
Good Afternoon,
Any help house...

Just take your car to painter to shine the head lamps.They would use sand paper to smoothing the hear lamps and then spray paint it . Doing this you would thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by Kingsoul1(m): 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
OP get a smooth sand paper, use it and water to clean the surface of the headlights first.. After that, apply car wax on the surface then scrub it hard (just like body of cars are being buffed with wax, you can use cotton wool for this process) this will help clean the dirt on the surface of ur headlights and restore it.

But then, a close observation on the headlights they don't look faded. i think the problem is from the inside. You should consider a replacement.
Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by Alsonjecs: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2022
Can I wax the whole car? I've heard that it helps preserve the surface and protects against moisture. Is turtle wax t465r ice paste polish wax suitable for this purpose?
Tell me if there is any other way to protect the car. I have read that at car washes the coating facts about a month and can resist dust and dirt and frequent rain. Remember that after two or three visits to the car wash, the wax coating needs to be reapplied because the chemical foam washes it away quickly.
Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by Grupo(m): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2022
Okoyedavid3:

Just take your car to painter to shine the head lamps.They would use sand paper to smoothing the hear lamps and then spray paint it . Doing this you would thank me later.

Confirm.

I did this to my headlamps and the result was amazing.

I didn't believe it until I saw the result.
Re: How To Clean My FADED HEAD LAMP. by okoroemeka(m): 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2022
Okoyedavid3:

this will work but the best is to take it to a mechanic village,there are artisans that wash and shine headlights,foglights and tailghts for a living,they will open the headlights and wash it throughout and reapply the shiner if necessary,then they will sand the cover and apply varnish and hardner, there are workers that specializes in refurbishing different parts of cars.

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Air Bag / How Can One Know A Genuine Customs Vehicle Clearance Certificate? / Saw This VG Beetle; Do You Fancy A Restoration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.