Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel (20266 Views)

Bayo Onanuga: Atiku Abubakar's Penchant For Distorting Facts / Dauda Lawal: Is This The Most Handsome Governor In Nigeria 2023? (see Photos) / Magu Is Leaking Memos That Expose Malami's Corruption - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by ijustdey: 8:37pm On Aug 06, 2020
Dauda Lawal, former executive director of First Bank of Nigeria, has accused Ibrahim Magu, suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), of distorting facts in his defence before the presidential investigative committee.

The committee, headed by Ayo Salami, retired president of the appeal court, is probing the activities of the agency under Magu.

Magu was alleged to have mishandled the recovered loot and sold seized assets to his associates.

In a letter addressed to the presidential committee, Lawal said Magu made inconsistent statements without evidence in his testimony before the committee.

“My Lord, I wish to respectfully state that the narrative by Mr. Ibrahim Magu in his said defence is laced with barefaced distortion of relevant facts, and is an attempt to mislead the Honourable Panel. Contrary to extant documentary evidence, Mr. Ibrahim Magu concocted a tale to suit his mischief without providing any supporting proof of his false account,” Lawal said.

“Mr. Magu in his response sought to explain that the sum of US$153,310.000 (One Hundred and Fifty-Three Million, Three Hundred and Ten Thousand United States Dollars) was brought to Fidelity Bank Plc. from NNPC on behalf of Mrs. Deziani Alison-Madueke.

“My Lord, a simple arithmetical calculation will show that by Mr. Magu’s narrative, the total amount of the above sums allegedly brought by the above-named persons from NNPC to Fidelity Bank Plc. is the sum of US$152,480,000. This latest summation by Mr. Magu is inconsistent with the depositions contained in the Affidavit in support of the Motion Ex parte for Interim Forfeiture filed by the EFCC before the Federal High Court on 6th January 2017 that the amount brought from NNPC to Fidelity Bank Plc. was US$153,310.000.

“Worse still is that both in Mr. Magu’s narrative and in the Affidavit filed by the EFCC in support of the Ex parte Application, Mr. Magu and the EFCC failed to show or disclose how the above sums were withdrawn or “moved” from the NNPC by the above-named persons.

“No account operated or managed by NNPC in any Bank or financial institution was given as the source of where the sum was allegedly withdrawn. No record of or from NNPC has been shown to support the bogus allegation that the sums as alleged by Mr. Magu was withdrawn from NNPC and “moved” to Fidelity Bank Plc.

“One wonders how the EFCC and Mr. Magu could rely on the above claims which are false, unfounded and contradictory as the foundation/basis of their allegations against me.”

Lawal said contrary to Magu’s claim, record of proceedings showed that he was always in court to defend allegations against him and that he never employed any delay tactics to stall the case before the federal high court.

On Wednesday, the presidential committee said it would ensure fair hearing during the probe.

https://www.thecable.ng/magu-is-distorting-facts-ex-banker-writes-salami-panel

1 Like

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Get more points here for your youtube or facebook....

http://addmf.co/?WSK9D8U
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by janedonez(m): 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
So this game is still on

1 Like

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by ShitStain(m): 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
E be like say I go stop to dey visit nairaland, because the kind news wey person dey read about our country these days fit give person HBP.

14 Likes

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by aleeyus(m): 8:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
dem wan finsh dis man career by all means

4 Likes

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
J
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by PureGoldh(m): 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
The fact still remains that 98% of the people wey dey handle various portfolios in dx country are crooks

4 Likes

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Hotzone(m): 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Magu, relax, ur bullions are safe...big man for life

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Slawormir: 8:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Magu don't know what he has put his hand into

1 Like

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Baawaa(m): 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
If Magu is plain,he will overcome them all,to fight corruption is not easy in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Datagric(m): 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Like play like play the matter don dey die. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Kicktaker(m): 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
Magu's case won't be any different from the rest of em..this whole thing is just drama

2 Likes

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Magu is hushpuppi's mentor.

Please I need to be in Kaduna for a job(car tracking installation)
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Trailblazer1(m): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Buhari's insistence on Magu despite DSS indictment and subsequent refusal of confirmation by 8th assembly of the Senate consequent upon these revelation should earn him impeachment

I expected the Senate to have gone berserk with recent revelations on Magu undecided

It's a pity, this is Nigeria undecided

And the Senate are rubber stamp cry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by pman06(m): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Lol..."yam pepper scatter scatter" niyen o

Mtn still available @.350/gb...other networks too.

1 Like

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by EdmundChidera(m): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Magu is smart releasing him from detention made him more invincible to people hunting him

Naija is my country

This matter will finally die off
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Toscarele: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
These guys have rap'd Nigeria silly, play play this case fit die down because plenty crooks hand dey the matter

1 Like

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by apatheticme(f): 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by TreasureTayo(m): 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
ogaaa oooo
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by gambia(m): 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
All of you are mad. This place na country so undecided

1 Like

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by freshkpomo(m): 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
Verdict: Why don't we kill corrupt politicians and ban their generation from holding any political office in the country

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
We are patiently waiting to get to the root of this serious issue.
If guilty he should face the law squarely,
If not, let justice prevail.

There is more than meet the eye in this matter.
Some corrupt people may be behind all these, according to Oga Chidi.
....................... ...................... ......................

More from Oga Chidi below. .....

I weep as I write this.
I weep because it hurts that people would have the audacity to misinterpret the noble actions of a man of integrity like Mr Magu.
But I shall weep no more. Instead,
I will expose the grand web of lies and conspiracies by the cabal at work here!
All you keypad warriors don’t know anything.
I will prove that Mr Magu is a true patriot and an innocent man!
I have looked at the eyes of several of his pictures and what I see there is an innocent man!
It is better to let 100 criminals go free than to wrongfully imprison 1 innocent man. I rest my case.
Sincerely,
A Concerned Citizen

We are patiently waiting for the Grand finale.

May justice prevail, Guilty or Not Guilty!
If guilty, be jailed,
If not guilty, otherwise.
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by BennyDon: 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Magu, money miss road grin
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by gambia(m): 8:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
apatheticme:
Las Las ehn, we've been scammed in this country.

May God help the youths cos there seems to be no hope in sight. These people have squandered and are still squandering what is meant for even the unborn generation with no single atom of shame.

All the probes and drama with nobody being actually punished or the monies recovered for real. Even the recovered loots are stolen again!

I'm tired mehn! The country is frustrating!

Honestly, its quite unfortunate, but thats the reality.

2 Likes

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by GboyegaD(m): 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
I wish at the end of the exercise, he is sentenced if found guilty.
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Queenlovely(f): 8:54pm On Aug 06, 2020
magy
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by money121(m): 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by Karlifate: 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
To summarize: he is a thief.

1 Like

Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by styless(f): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
hmm
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by hairdeals247(f): 8:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
Ok. Another one...
Re: Magu Is Distorting Facts — Dauda Lawal Writes Salami Panel by IFeeLGreaTNess: 8:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
IN NIGERIA IT'S ALWAYS
STORIES UPON STORIES EVERDAY,
AND IT WON'T FAVOUR THE MSSSESS,
EVIL POLITICIANS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity In The South-East: IGP Baba Redeploys Anambra CP, Senior Officers / You Saw Your Mum's Beating - Precious Chikwendu To Her Son On His Birthday / APC Splits Into 300 Factions - Deji Adeyanju Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.