Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? (41232 Views)

In Gombe, Women Boil Used Sanitary Pads And Drink It To Get High – NDLEA / Indonesian Teenagers Are Boiling Used Sanitary Pads And Nappies To Get High / Old Woman Spotted Picking Used Sanitary Pads From A Refuse Dump. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by ume1000: 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
dario078:

I'm sure she gives him sex. Since he knows the number of sanitary pads she uses every month.

What is wrong with Nigerian men? A responsible guy won't tell the whole world that his girlfriend washes her sanitary pads so she can reuse them. I you don't see anything wrong with that, you are just as irresponsible.
if foolishness could be measured you would be used as its SI unit
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Vectorex(f): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
Gross
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Serafeal(f): 1:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=Nuttella post=92585814]I have heavy flow too but not that heavy, have you tried drylove pad? It's what I use, very comfy and stain free. I dont use Always, it feels like I'm wearing nylon and it makes noise, it also isn't absorbent enough.

I make use of 'drylove' too and I'm enjoying everything about it...
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=Serafeal post=92588615][/quote]Its a nice pad.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Tompson88: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2020
Why not plaster?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by ibkayee(f): 1:16pm On Aug 08, 2020
Tampons >>> grin
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by rollandben(m): 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2020
Elder0001:

@bolded.. Who told you condoms are free?
You people will just be making stupid gender comparisons everytime.
My guy, even if condom is free how does that relate with sanitary pad!! they arent of the same roles na!!
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 1:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
Hintona:

Condoms are free in my school's medical centre.

Because they are used for protection by both genders. Why should preferential treatments be given to women in an era of equality and feminism? Men are buying cars and houses everyday and we dont need to ask for subsidies to do them. You Cry Gender Equality in 1 thread and expect to be given unequal treatments in other threads
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
TimFisher2:
undecided

My girlfriend always use one for all the whole 4-5 days

Sometimes she do wash and keep it for another menstrual cycle next month
GUY NAAAAW!!
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
Slimsly100:

She isn't making gender comparison brah.
She is right. This days because of HIV education they're trying to give to the masses, on most occasions condoms are given free. If not when Always Ultra Pad producers go to these secondary schools for sensitization, when else do you see pads being shared for free?
I'd rather pads are given free to young teenage girls than for condoms to be given freely. Because, periods have been programmed to naturally occur every month.(the girl child can do nothing about it)
But a boy/man can decide whether or whether not to have sex. And in reality, most families and young girls cannot afford pad hence the use rags(which poses many health hazards to the girls concerned)

#Icomeinpeace

Women should Establish pad making industries and sell it cheaper or subsidize the expensive one's for Themselves or even for free.
stop making your responsiblities everyone's responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2020
UDUJ:

My sister abstinence is difficult o undecided But I try as much as possible to be faithful to just one partner. I am trying cool

You are doing well, my brother. grin grin
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Spare us the crap. The use of pads is an avoidable cost if women learn to cut their cloth according to their size. Our Mothers did not use pads and they were still healthy..

we can now see your feminism charade for what it is. it is selective, hypocrital and discriminatory. you want to be unequal, equal and superior when you wish. So the government should be subsidizing pads for women on what basis exactly? That they subsidize loans or houserents for Men?
It is your responsibilities to use pads. Dont Make it seem like its the responsibilties of Men, the government or charity organisations. U'all should stop crying foul and stand up to your responsibilities

Eh God, please breathe! This long speech, ko necesstry na.

I can see that I struck a nerve. At the mention of abstinence, you want to crush metal to powder... Your call! I have stated my point and I am not sorry that you find it brash. I won't argue the feminist part because to men like you, any woman highly opinionated is feminist. Your call, again!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by henzy4life: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
OgiPrincess:
I use 10-12 pads for each menstrual cycle.

They've been months where I used 14 pads

The rationale behind the question is that a pack of Always ® (I'll use Always ® for my analysis because it's the brand I use and are mostly familiar with the pricing and also it's the most popular brand in Nigeria) contains 7 pads for extra long pads and 8 pads for medium sized pads, which is clearly not enough for my cycle.

Pricing for Always ® ranges from 300-500 per a pack of 7 or 8. Because of the number of pads I'll be using, my safest bet is 2 packs of 7(extra long).

Depending on the quality and/or fragrance, I'll be needing 600-1,000 Naira every month. To me that's a lot.

How many households can afford that for their teenage daughters and mothers?

When I first started using pads I thought a pad was for one whole day(which didn't make sense to me then) but I continued to try and use one pad a day. I use the pad during the day especially if it's a school day and use rags at night... I don't even want to go into details as to my experience doing this because I still have scars in my vagina area as a result.

So most homes use rags, Which is unhygienic and unhealthy. The price of pads is high, even in all other brands still. A pack of pad should contain nothing less than 18 pads(night time and day time).

Condoms are cheaper than pads and are even given for free, that's a gross imbalance. I can't decide to not have periods anymore but sex is a choice.

How can one go about even making this heard in the appropriate quarters?

On point dear,pls escalate it further,u have my support. Imagine condom for one naira. Mtcheeeeeewwww
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Slimsly100(f): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Women should Establish pad making industries and sell it cheaper or subsidize the expensive one's for Themselves or even for free.
stop making your responsiblities everyone's responsibility.

Which planet you from sef Nyamuri
We dey talk another thing, u dey talk another one. Abeg shift

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2020
henzy4life:

On point dear,pls escalate it further,u have my support. Imagine condom for one naira. Mtcheeeeeewwww

Open your own pad making industry and sell it for 0 naira. Pads will not be subsidized for women for no reason whatsoever because it is discriminatory to the male gender. This Is EQUALITY
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Slimsly100(f): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
OP u fit still go for Virony pad na. It includes light flow, heavy flow and 5panty liners. That is about 25pcs total. You can use it for at least 2months. Some people use it for 3 months. It goes for #750-#800
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nmezor(f): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
Denique:
Truth is, I hate blood! Urgh!
I start using it three days before my cycle as I can't stand the sight of blood in my panties...3*2=6
Then for the actual flow, I use 3 per day...let's say 8:00am-3pm, 3pm-10:30pm, 10:30pm-8:00am. Repeat the process for 3 days and 2 each for the next two days(19 pads in total). A total of 2 packs and my favourite brand is LADY CARE...anytime, anyday. Prices vary...between 300-350 per pack, that is 700 per month by 12 months= 8,400.

Add on: I tried Always(too long for me), Comfit( it felt too light and made me walk awkwardly) and a couple of other brands before settling for LADY CARE-the yellow type.
You don't experience a heavy flow right?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Slimsly100(f): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
OP u fit still go for Virony pad na. It includes light flow, heavy flow and 5panty liners. That is about 25pcs total. You can use it for at least 2months. Some people use it for 3 months. It goes for #750-#800.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
Juliearth:

Eh God, please breathe! This long speech, ko necesstry na.

I can see that I struck a nerve. At the mention of abstinence, you want to crush metal to powder... Your call! I have stated my point and I am not sorry that you find it brash. I won't argue the feminist part because to men like you, any woman highly opinionated is feminist. Your call, again!

Whatever.. Stop whiping up sentiments online and stand up to your responsibilities, is it too much to ask? Your mate nor dey work?
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

Condoms are distributed in the first place because they are relatively cheap compared pads. We are in an Era of feminism and Equality, so why shouldn't condoms be distributed free of charge especially since they're for d benefit of both genders? Why should we be prioritizing d menstrual flow of women since we are all equal? so women cant even stand up to the responsibilities of womanhood & they're chasing equality everywhere. How did our mothers manage their flows?

Its obvious you don't understand what I wrote. Did you read the clause where I said these things should be made free for those in rural dwellings who can't afford it? Sex is a choice, but menstruation is not, so why put a clause on it? Must you drag this feminism charade into everything? Or do you think it's every woman here that is a feminist? You can do better, please. So if our mothers used crude methods to manage their flow, should we do the same in this jet age? Please read about cervical cancer that some mothers of "that" age are suffering from and its root cause (one of them being poor menstrual hygiene), maybe you would jettison this "what did our mothers use" line.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Mac12(f): 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2020
Elder0001:

@bolded.. Who told you condoms are free?

You people will just be making stupid gender comparisons everytime.

During my service year in camp, we were given condoms for free, I got 30pieces.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Slimsly100(f): 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nmezor:

Obviously

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Denique(f): 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nmezor:
In between I'd say...neither heavy nor light.
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Slimsly100(f): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
Juliearth:

Its obvious you don't understand what I wrote. Did you read the clause where I said these things should be made free for those in rural dwellings who can't afford it? Sex is a choice, but menstruation is not, so why put a clause on it? Must you drag this feminism charade into everything? Or do you think it's every woman here that is a feminist? You can do better, please. So if our mothers used crude methods to manage their flow, should we do the same in this jet age? Please read about cervical cancer that some mothers of "that" age are suffering from and its root cause, maybe you would jettison this "what did our mothers use" line.

Sis why u dey follow this guy speak big big grammar na He's not ready to understand. I think you shoul let him be

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nmezor(f): 1:49pm On Aug 08, 2020
Denique:

In between I'd say...neither heavy nor light.
Lucky you then. Lady care can't work for me o.I use the Always extra long..( The two in one pack)
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
anjilgreat:

Good day, pls can you share more details about this company and their products. I'll like to contact them for wholesale supply and distribution. Thanks

Padup Creations at Minna
They have menstrual kit about 8 reusable pads, a bag. This is 850
Padded pants
Economy kit has 4 reusable pads without bag.
It's like 500naira
The NGO I work with got the economy kit last year.

You can check their Facebook, IG account or website
Pad-up creations on FB

1 Like

Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Denique(f): 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Nmezor:
Lucky you then. Lady care can't work for me o.I use the Always extra long..( The two in one pack)
Wow! That's quite heavy!
It is well, sis. kiss
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nyamuriflathead: 1:52pm On Aug 08, 2020
Slimsly100:

Which planet you from sef Nyamuri
We dey talk another thing, u dey talk another one. Abeg shift

Heavy Ballistic Missile from North korea fire your Mouth there.

You cant compare condoms to pad because condoms are used as protection from sexually transmitted diseases. Pads on the other hand are used by the female gender and should for no reason whatsoever be given preferential or special attention because women are equal to men. If Men are not asking for supports from the government or NGO's to purchase personal stuffs, women shouldn't be asking too. This isn't Equality, it is superiority
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2020
Juliearth:

Reusable sounds fair, but the idea of washing it and the stench is a No-No for me.
Stench?
I don't know of any stench but there are ways of taking care of it though
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by PotatoSalad(m): 1:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Xbee007:

It is not necessarily about grown-up women. It is about menstruating young girls in whose parents can't afford to spend money sanitary pads.
Quite unfortunate
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Nmezor(f): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Denique:

Wow! That's quite heavy!
It is well, sis. kiss
Yeah it is.. The first day comes with pains too...hmmm its indeed well
Re: Ladies, How Many Sanitary Pads Do You Use Per Cycle? by Juliearth(f): 1:55pm On Aug 08, 2020
Slimsly100:

Sis why u dey follow this guy speak big big grammar na He's not ready to understand. I think you shoul let him be

You are right bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

BBC Report : Breast Sucking Reduces Risk Of Breast Cancer / Furore Over Doctor Of Pharmacy Degree In Nigerian Universities. / Major Causes Of Sleepless Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.