Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands (869 Views)

Crisis Brews Between Kogi Governor Ododo, Yahaya Bello Over Sacking Of Loyalist / Eight Killed, Scores Injured As Osun Communities Fight Over Land / Suspension: Crisis Brews As APC Governors Set To Sack Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by totit: 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2020
Crisis brews as 2 Anambra communities fight over farmlands
Farmers and stakeholders in Nibo community, Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State have lamented the destruction of their farmlands by neighbouring Awka community.

They appealed to federal and state governments to urgently come to their rescue by constituting joint boundary committee to look into an ongoing land dispute between them and the Awka community.

The traditonal ruler of Nibo, Igwe Micheal Ngene, said that the call became necessary following the destruction of farmlands and economic trees by some youths allegedly from their neighbouring Awka community.

There have been increasing communal clashes between various communities in Anambra state occasioned by boundary disputes and land matters, according to Igwe Ngene, who added that the situation had led to loss of lives and destruction of farm crops.

He said, “the people of Nibo are calling on the federal and state governments to urgently intervene in the recent invasion and destruction of their ancestral lands by some youths said to be from Awka community.”

Describing the incident as unfortunate, Ngene stated that they had written series of letters to concerned authorities but have not received the needed attention.

He, however, said that the Inspector General of Police had sent a fact finding team to the community, but regretted that they have not seen the report and appealed that the outcome of the visit be made public.

Two farmers in the community, Chief Keneth Aniemena and Mrs Adaobi Ekwunife, noted that cash crops including palm trees, plantain, cassava, yam, among others were destroyed with bulldozer, leaving them in a helpless condition.

The Deputy President General of the community, Deacon Bertram Anene and another farmer, Mrs Ifeyinwa Eke, appealed to the Federal Ministry of Agriculture to also come to their rescue with some crops and food as their only means of surviving had been destroyed.

Reacting, the Chairman, Caretaker Committee for Awka community, Mr Chike Obuekwe, explained that the matter was already before the supreme court and called on the affected villages to sheath their sword to enable stakeholders look into it.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/crisis-brews-as-2-anambra-communities-fight-over-farmlands.html/amp

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by SmartProf(m): 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2020
The reasons why people fight and kill themselves in Nigeria will reveal to you that we live in a third world country populated by idiots. You can never see this kind of headline in Europe, America, Australia and the likes. Nobody want to apply conflict resolution strategies anymore...once there is little tension, it's straight up to destruction. So an already backward nation, goes backward several times after each crisis.
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 07, 2020
The rate of communal clashes under Obiano administration is violently getting out of hand..

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Arrewa: 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2020
Again?? This is getting out of hand... People need to get sense and stop fighting over land

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Officialgarri: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2020
This is the reason why there's usually little or no growth in villages.

—brothers fighting and killing themselves over inheritance

Self entitlement ; a belief that those who have gone to the city MUST be sending money home for them to do whatever they wish. While they themselves sit idle in the village, drinking gin and eating Kolanut and giving birth to tens of children that they can't take care of.

—making numerous demands from companies that have either come to work on their land or come to develop their land. These frustrating demands will not end until the company is forced to leave.

The fight between Arthur Eze and Pius Nweke is yet to end o.
But anyways, a Fulani man in faraway Katsina will be blamed for land dispute death in a deep forest in Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by freeborn02: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
And they claim igbos love themselves. If this is how igbos display love for one another, only God knows how they will display hatred for one another.

Looks like the farmlands wars are the reasons many igbos run to the southwest. They will be murdered in cold blood by their fellow blodas if they stay in their villages

Who is now the real enemies to igbos if not themselves?

7 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Abia1111: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
wink
[/s]
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
Arrewa:
Again?? This is getting out of hand... People need to get sense and stop fighting over land
I guess your people killing each other over cows and goats are better off grin

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by ORIENTATION101: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2020
You can't blame them.
Out of the tiny land they have , erosion have claimed part of it.

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by okpalaAnambra: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:
The rate of communal clashes under Obiano administration is violently getting out of hand..
Because a Drunkard can't lead people who are seeing clearly without falling into a ditch

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
freeborn02:
And they claim igbos love themselves. If this is how igbos display love for one another, only God knows how they will display hatred for one another.

Looks like the farmlands wars are the reasons many igbos run to the southwest. They will be murdered in cold blood by their fellow blodas if they stay in their villages

Who is now the real enemies to igbos if not themselves?
Yeroba loves themselves so much they collect each others head for safe keeping grin.....kudos

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

Because a Drunkard can't lead people who are seeing clearly without falling into a ditch

I will prefer you maintain your lane please this man.
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:
it's expected, Rapid land development is sweeping the Greater Awka area, Ill defined community bothers are coming into contention
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by freeborn02: 2:08pm On Aug 07, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Yeroba loves themselves so much they collect each others head for safe keeping grin.....kudos

We have a lot of problems in yorubaland. I'm not denying that.

But can you ever agree that you also have problems in igboland?

No!

You come here to claim that your tribe is the best, whereas it is a lie.

You go about saying yorubas are bad, whereas you and your blodas can't stop migrating to yorubaland.

You claim igbos love one another, whereas, you don't mind killing one another over farmlands.

Who are you guys deceiving if not yourselves!

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by helinues: 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
They should settle their scores
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
freeborn02:

We have a lot of problems in yorubaland. I'm not denying that.

But can you ever agree that you also have problems in igboland?

No!

You come here to claim that your tribe is the best, whereas it is a lie.

You go about saying yorubas are bad, whereas you and your blodas can't stop migrating to yorubaland.

You claim igbos love one another, whereas, you don't mind killing one another over farmlands.

Who are you guys deceiving if not yourselves!
Migrating to yoruba land?...Lmao....Our eyes are only on lagos, all those barren, deserted brown-roof states along the road can catch fire

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by IamWonderful: 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
Anambra? I guess that is the headquarter of the devil these days, he has relocate from Kenya to Anambra home of weirdest things

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
IamWonderful:
Anambra? I guess that is the headquarter of the devil these days, he has relocate from Kenya to Anambra home of weirdest things
Ogun and ibadan still leads in Negative and wierd news by far grin

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Ategberoson(m): 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
see as Ndigbo are showing love to themselves? I don't wish this kind love to Yoruba nation anyway

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ategberoson:
see as Ndigbo are showing love to themselves? I don't wish this kind love to Yoruba nation anyway

yeroba show love by acquiring each others skull for safe keeping I understand
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by totit: 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ategberoson:

So much love grin

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by freeborn02: 2:48pm On Aug 07, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Migrating to yoruba land?...Lmao....Our eyes are only on lagos, all those barren, deserted brown-roof states along the road can catch fire

I guess you have never visited any other Yoruba state aside from Lagos. Hence your myopic viewpoint. Go to each Yoruba state and you will see how your blodas have migrated all over.

Not their fault though; the wickedness in igboland is too much

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2020
freeborn02:

I guess you have never visited any other Yoruba state aside from Lagos. Hence your myopic viewpoint. Go to each Yoruba state and you will see how your blodas have migrated all over.

Not their fault though; the wickedness in igboland is too much
I guess this your brothers in Anambra are attracted to Wickedness then

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Ategberoson(m): 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2020
IspitonCowards:
yeroba show love by acquiring each others skull for safe keeping I understand

happy love day in Igbo land, killing there and there. much love in bunch grin

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by hajimosho(m): 2:56pm On Aug 07, 2020
SmartProf:
The reasons why people fight and kill themselves in Nigeria will reveal to you that we live in a third world country populated by idiots.

Reasons why Igbos fight and kill themselves all over the world has revealed to us that they have a third world mentality but living among the progressives.

You can never see this kind of headline in Europe, America, Australia and the likes. Nobody want to apply conflict resolution strategies anymore

Conflict resolution can not yield result where there is no mutual love and respect for each others lives and properties down there. Remember your adage that says 'Igbos don't have king'
Therefore, having such headlines is not unusual.

...once there is little tension, it's straight up to destruction.

You are outrightly correct, they destroy each other home and abroad, and use each other as collateral in Asian countries including Lebanon etc

So an already backward nation, goes backward several times after each crisis.

The major reason why there is little growth down east and why 5-states Biafra will remain backward.

If it had happened in the west, your hypocrisy will be written all over you, so why are you trying to be nationalistic like Nnamdi Azikiwe when in actual fact, clannishness is deep-rooted in you.

grin
Land is a scarce resource in the East. It is expected to have enmity over the little they possess and fight bitterly for others land.
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by freeborn02: 3:03pm On Aug 07, 2020
IspitonCowards:
I guess this your brothers in Anambra are attracted to Wickedness then

My brothers understand that every region has its problems. So, they don't abuse others or make false claims about the realities in their region or any other region for that matter

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
freeborn02:

My brothers understand that every region has its problems. So, they don't abuse others or make false claims about the realities in their region or any other region for that matter
But why are they migrating to the SE i thought wickedness lives here grin....are you saying they like wickedness?
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by SmartProf(m): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
hajimosho:

grin
Land is a scarce resource in the East. It is expected to have enmity over the little they possess and fight bitterly for others land.

You are a big fool and a very inconsequential tribalist. Your opinions are directly proportional to your IQ...really low.
Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by hajimosho(m): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2020
SmartProf:

You are a big fool

You made just 2 comments and they reek of insults - Idiots and Fool -
It talks more of your upbringing

and a very inconsequential tribalist.

I only reminded you of the log in your eyes, when you seem not be conversant of it.
Paying you back in your coin is sufficient. I need not add more sauce.

Your opinions are directly proportional to your IQ...really low.

Low enough to beat you in your game. Brace up

wink wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by freeborn02: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2020
IspitonCowards:
But why are they migrating to the SE i thought wickedness lives here grin....are you saying they like wickedness?

You need to allow your brain to do its work.

Looks like I will have to repeat myself again since you are hard of hearing.

My brothers understand that every region has its problems. So, they don't put any region down the way you put other tribes down. Hope that English is easier for you to understand?

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews As 2 Anambra Communities Fight Over Farmlands by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2020
freeborn02:

You need to allow your brain to do its work.

Looks like I will have to repeat myself again since you are hard of hearing.

My brothers understand that every region has its problems. So, they don't put any region down the way you put other tribes down. Hope that English is easier for you to understand?
Why do yeroba people like shifting goal post all the time grin, You said my brothers are migrating to yerobaland cos of too much wickedness, I now showed you your brothers that also migrated to wickedness grin.....and you started preaching nonsense grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Break Into Kaduna School, Abduct Students Preparing For Exams / Controvesial Enugu State Billboard / JUSTICE FOR AFROSIX JAARA, the suspended AKSU Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.