Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum (1975 Views)

Bokoharam Members Attacked On The Road Continue Reading Here / Are Nigerian Gate-fees reasonable?: Vote Please / Why Do Nigerian Girls Always Want the Trendiest Wears? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by proverbial: 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2007
you attacked her for no reason, and her comment wasn't referring to you , so you are just like those other naija guys on nl that assaults females for no reason. .

Btw i have another evidence to back up my claim
I see what you're saying. I had substantiable reason for making the comment I made.
It was actually meant for who were exchanging insults at that particular time. Although I picked her, I want you to know I could have picked the other girl. I just wanted them to stop the "stupid talk" and stop incinerating the thread.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by OmoEko1(f): 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2007
yea yea but u did the same to another girl on the cook thread at the family section
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by proverbial: 12:34am On Jun 22, 2007
lol, omo-eko, you are not serious. if you're refering to thiefofhearts. she responded temperamentally, and I made her know that.
We're cool now though, she's my online pal, lol grin.

that's why you feel I attacked you too, but I didn't. I love you all, you're all my sisters, I wouldn't be intentionally mean to you.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Islander(f): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2007
proverbial:

I see what you're saying. I had substantiable reason for making the comment I made.
It was actually meant for who were exchanging insults at that particular time. Although I picked her, I want you to know I could have picked the other girl. I just wanted them to stop the "stupid talk" and stop incinerating the thread.

PLEASE, Tell that bullshit to some jackass, A lying tongue is an abomination unto  Jah.

You knew exactly what you were doing when you made your venomous statement. Thank God I was raised among tough and [b]REAL
men, so words as such have absolutely no bearing on a female like me.

Well what more can I say. If you did encounter a change of heart towards female, good for you.  Sadly, I am not buying it,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by OmoEko1(f): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2007
proverbial:

lol, omo-eko, you are not serious. if you're refering to thiefofhearts. she responded temperamentally, and I made her know that.
We're cool now though, she's my online pal, lol grin.

that's why you feel I attacked you too, but I didn't. I love you all, you're all my sisters, I wouldn't be intentionally mean to you.
Eya that TOH has no respect for herself, how can someone cuss and disgrace her like that in public. and then becomes friends shocked shocked shocked, na wa oooo.

You love us like sister, who TOH and I, plz oh don't compare her with me, i don't like or will ever like her.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by elrufai2(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2007
why wont they be attacked? when they're all the most foul-mouthed, ill-bred species I've come across on the internet! Lord have mercy!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by proverbial: 1:17am On Jun 23, 2007
lol, el-rufai, many girls out there are foul-mouthed, you just shouldn't give them the slightest chance to turn you into one of them.
that's why I don't involve myself in foolish-talk.  That's what omo-eko & Islander are trying to get into with me right now. example, look at Island's use of expletives; tongue fortunately I don't engage in such dialogue.  grin

Islander, all I tried to do was put an end to the unnecessary word-war going on between you and that other person, it's too bad that you don't see that it wasn't a gender-specific response.
cheers.  cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Islander(f): 1:43am On Jun 23, 2007
proverbial:

That's what omo-eko & Islander are trying to get into with me right now. example, look at Island's use of expletives; tongue fortunately I don't engage in such dialogue.  grin

Islander, all I tried to do was put an end to the unnecessary word-war going on between you and that other person, it's too bad that you don't see that it wasn't a gender-specific response.
cheers.  cool

A leopard cannot change its spots( Mama taught me well)

You were attempting to end an unnecessary word-war? Gracious me,, Yet you specifically quoted something I said to another poster and then added your derogatory remark?  Kudos to you, job well done,

With regards to myself attempting to engage you in anything. Please, rest assured it is definitely not so.  We are all entitled to our individual opinions and thus should be allowed and respected for exercising that right.  Just be aware that I would NEVER stand by and allow anyone to verbally abuse me.  If you and your newly appointed allied conclude that as being foul-mouth, well to each its own.

I have had my fair share of disagreements with people on this forum, some of which have ended up rather unpleasant. However, I can vividly recalled making ammends to those whom I may have wronged. This is excepted, afterall, it's a forum. But when people like you emerge from your metamorphasis, and for some unknown reason decided to settle old scores by attacking with no merits, then it pisses me off.

I am who I am. And I don't intend to change for anyone.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by proverbial: 1:56am On Jun 23, 2007
A leopard cannot change its spots( Mama taught me well)

You were attempting to end an unnecessary word-war? Gracious me,, Yet you specifically quoted something I said to another poster and then added your derogatory remark?  Kudos to you, job well done,

With regards to myself attempting to engage you in anything. Please, rest assured it is definitely not so.  We are all entitled to our individual opinions and thus should be allowed and respected for exercising that right.  Just be aware that I would NEVER stand by and allow anyone to verbally abuse me.  If you and your conclude that as being foul-mouth, well to each its own.

I am who I am. And I don't intend to change for anyone.
I see what you're getting at.  I used the term "incorrigible dumbasses" 'with merits' because several others attempted to discourage you both from continuing the display of idiocy, but neither yielded.  You might not approve of my usage of that word, that's fine, you don't have to, but my point remains it was very pathetic & stupid, period.

It's good that you are who you are, you don't have to change for me, or anyone.  If you feel wasting meaningful time on things like that suits you best, or proves that you're something, then "to each its own, (as you would say)" but that's not a very good display of sanity.
cheers cool.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Islander(f): 2:13am On Jun 23, 2007
@Proverbial,
Stop beating around the bushes and admit that your remarks were meant for me and no one else. Look, as I said we are all entitled to our own actions and thus they come with consequences. If you had taken time out to read through the entire thread, you would have discovered that I was attacked by some nimcompoop for no apparant reason. Now instead of making a generalised plea for peace, you took it upon yourself to become personal. And there lies the crust of this entire matter.

As I earlier mentioned, don't throw stones at me and expect hugs. As we say in the islands "it nah go happen so dread, tal tal tal". The difference between myself and the mass of posters here is that they pretend to be someone they are not. This is who I am. If you are nice ,respectful et al to me, then I return that compliment. If you are a beast, then welcome to shedevil.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by proverbial: 2:28am On Jun 23, 2007
I've come to the conclusion that you've zoned out 90% of my prior posts.  I don't know you, I don't care about you, I didn't know you exist(until that point) so I don't expect to attack you, or make a subject of you, unless we cross paths. wink "dumbasses" addresses more than one, so I was in no way addressing you alone, nor was my response personal.  I read through the thread before making my statement, and it was valid.  When stupidity bestows itself upon people, they often fail to notice it. By pointing out what I did, it was no surprise that the foolish-talk ceased.  Why, because it was foolish, it proves nothing, and it solves nothing.  It just becomes a display of fools barking over nothing (this is not a personal attack by the way).
Also, look at this post of yours, "if you are a beast, then welcome to the shedevil" - what she devil is being unleashed online, why, and to whom, I don't get it.
this type of mentality is not beneficial, especially not on the web when these people you talk to are 5000 miles away, and don't know you, and probably don't care worth a penny about you.
I receive a fair share of hugs, so I don't come online to expect hugs, I didn't realize some people do, but I do now.
When threads that address useful and informative topics are being derailed, I won't hesitate to make it known to those doing it. shocked

With that said, my work here is done. tongue I don't want to expand this or drag this any further.  Just know that, civil conversations are the way to go in the real world.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Islander(f): 2:42am On Jun 23, 2007
proverbial:

I've come to the conclusion that you've zoned out 90% of my prior posts.  I don't know you, I don't care about you, I didn't know you exist(until that point) so I don't expect to attack you, or make a subject of you, unless we cross paths. wink "dumbasses" addresses more than one, so I was in no way addressing you alone, nor was my response personal.  I read through the thread before making my statement, and it was valid.  When stupidity bestows itself upon people, they often fail to notice it. By pointing out what I did, it was no surprise that the foolish-talk ceased.  Why, because it was foolish, it proves nothing, and it solves nothing.  It just becomes a display of fools barking over nothing (this is not a personal attack by the way).
Also, look at this post of yours, "if you are a beast, then welcome to the shedevil" - what she devil is being unleashed online, and to whom,
this type of mentality is not beneficial, especially not on the web when these people you talk to are 5000 miles away, and don't know you, and probably don't care woth a penny about you.
I receive a fair share of hugs, so I don't come online to expect hugs, I didn't realize some people do, but I do now.
When threads that address useful and informative topics are being derailed, I won't hesitate to make it known to those doing it. shocked

With that said, my work here is done. tongue I don't want to expand this or drag this any further. Just know that, civil conversations are the way to go in the real world.

You wrote a book and said absolutely nothing. Just to recap on a few things you mentioned. Rest assured that I myself care less about you or any other person on this forum. As I once told your admin, until my car note, mortgage, tuition, food, clothes, are not being taken care of by anyone on NL, then the sun can set and rise on their asses for all I care.  However, as I said like 1000 times before, it was rather hyprocritical of you to have created such a thread knowing fully well that you are guilty as charged.

Taking your last statement( the only one which made sense) " Civil conversations are the way to go in the real world" Make an attempt to digest them as well, and in the near future use them to the best of your ability.

PS> Correction, your remark towards me didn't really curb the war of words. If you noticed, the debate was long over until you attempted unsuccessfully to ressurect it.

As we say ah yard, man ah trod me have tings to tek care of, rhatid,

I remain and shall always be,
Islander,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by proverbial: 3:02am On Jun 23, 2007
Now something that addresses the thread.

This is a gender-specific thread. "Why are Nigerian Girls always being attacked on this forum"
When I wrote this, I specifically stated Nigerian girls. Now what I meant and still mean, deals specifically with threads like "Nigerian Girls are stupid" or "Nigerian Girls are liars" or Nigerian Girls are ugly"
Creating a thread that attends to stupid things of that nature does not make me hypocritical, especially when I never was guilty.

you were involved in a clouded irrational personal attack with someone else, you failed to refrain until that statement came about, and that's independent of this thread. Do you understand now? I don't expect to hold your hand saying I'm sorry for making it known you & the other were wasting time talking about nothing.
By the way, I don't understand Island-talk, so I did not comprehend that part of the other stuff written above.
I'm used to civil discussions, I'm glad you'll try it for a change.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Islander(f): 3:11am On Jun 23, 2007
Islander:

As we say ah yard, man ah trod me have tings to tek care of, rhatid,

Simply means ( I am leaving now, I have things to take care of. whatever)

And again, as long as the females are attacked they will continue to react,
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by proverbial: 3:15am On Jun 23, 2007
I know this. But that does not mean they have to react asininely, that's what I'm getting at. wink
Ok, got ya, have fun doing whatever it is you plan on doing, cheers. cool
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Mustay(m): 4:19am On Jun 23, 2007
@ omo eko
ko ti le to bee.
Ko o se gbo gbo igba ni eyan ma n mu gbo gbo nkan serious.
Jmj
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by OmoEko1(f): 7:15am On Jun 23, 2007
Mustay:

@ omo eko
ko ti le to bee.
Ko o se gbo gbo igba ni eyan ma n mu gbo gbo nkan serious.
Jmj
can someone translate this for me because am not good at Yoruba embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Mustay(m): 9:06am On Jun 23, 2007
It hasn't got to that stage
it ain't every statement you take seriously.
Jmj

oyinbo translation
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Mustay(m): 9:07am On Jun 23, 2007
But your name is omo eko now
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by OmoEko1(f): 1:58am On Jun 26, 2007
Mustay:

But your name is omo eko now
You can blame me oh that i wasn't able to translate it, that becos my parents never thought me how to write in Yoruba embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Girls Always Being Attacked On This Forum by Mustay(m): 2:51am On Jun 26, 2007
I see. I'd similar probs but as a guy it's better being fluent cos when it comes to 'ebi' issues. . .no one tells you it's important

(1) (2) (Reply)

24 Hours Season 9 / Who Is This Ifeanyi Ubah / Indomie Nigeria Register And Win Free Ipads 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.