Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,784 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy (21092 Views)

Abike Dabiri: Many Nigerians ‘Stranded’ In UAE Are Ex-Convicts / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / 300 Nigerians Stranded In UAE Arrive Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by lakesider(m): 9:42am On Aug 08, 2020
The girl wey dey Video dem no fit help them Abi.. Hmmm
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nairalandmonika: 9:43am On Aug 08, 2020
Bhol28:
Various Govts arranged the flights with various airlines via special approvals to move stranded citizens but the citizens pay for such flights.It takes more time to get the flights ready though but they will be available
And what exactly is ur govt doing in this case, absolutely nothing.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:48am On Aug 08, 2020
Who sent them there?
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Bhol28: 9:50am On Aug 08, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

And what exactly is ur govt doing in this case, absolutely nothing.
Hope u,re aware they,ve brought in 1 or 2 sets of citizens from UAE and UK during this crisis,another set arrived from SA recently so definitely they are working on the next sets

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by SmartPolician: 9:51am On Aug 08, 2020
Rossikki:

ARE YOU MINDING THESE ENTITLED FOOLS who think the Nigerian govt owes them everything on earth?

As they were leaving for that UAE, no doubt they were heaping all kinds of abuse on Nigeria, from ''failed state'', to ''useless country'', and ''corrupt thieves in power'', ''zoo'' etc etc.

Now they are ''DEMANDING'' for that same ''failed state'' to send them free planes to board to return to the ''failed state''.

I don't even know why the FG listens to these people.

Ogbeni, Nigeria is actually a failed state

For the fact that these guys want to return does not actually make Nigeria any better

Compare the stats of people who made it outside of this country and those who traveled out but didn't make it in advanced countries.

Then, you will see how useless your country is.

Again, that those dudes didn't make it would not stop Buhari from going to London for medical check-up when he can actually build a world-class hospital in his country.

Believe it or not, Nigeria is a failed state
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by wink2015(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2020
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCZsaoLfsto
These are Nigerians in the UAE stranded and they have been here for 4 days now. The embassy just neglected them out here under the sun. The pandemic caused the loss of their jobs. I think they all just want the embassy to arrange free flight for them to naija. They have been sleeping and waking up under this sun.

IT IS ALWAYS ADVISABLE TO BUILD FINANCIAL SECURITY AROUND YOUR JOB WHETHER YOU ARE IN THE UAE, LONDON, GERMANY OR NIGERIA.

Do not be tempted to eat all the money no matter the little money you earn.

There is always a day of reckoning.

Unforseen circumstances either on a global scale like the ( coronavirus pandemic ) civil war etc or even the direct loss of job could arise even though we do not pray for it to occur.

This unforseen circumstances does not give date as it could occur taking one by surprise and this call for good financial management either as a single or a family man.

When hard times step in you got to figure out a way out of it which means referring to your savings, security deposit for survival.

IF THIS GUYS HAVE MONEY TO PAY BACK THEIR FLIGHT WHY WAIT FOR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO PAY FOR THEIR RETURN FLIGHT.

Whether one is in Nigeria or abroad this same culture of saving money and keeping some money outside for unforseen cirumstances is a sure way to get things properly working out.

DID THIS GUYS OUT THERE IN THE UAE KNOW THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA IS BROKE AND HEAVILY INDEBTED TO CHINA AND OTHER WESTERN COUNTRIES.

Nigerians will know our debt profile when Buhari steps out as the present leadership is stylishly covering up most of its financial misdeed and misdemeanor.

All the same the federal government of Nigeria, the state governments in Nigeria and public spirited individual can wade into the matter and find a solution that will get this Nigerian safely returned home from the UAE by PAYING THEIR FLIGHTS.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by forgiveness: 9:56am On Aug 08, 2020
Rossikki:

ARE YOU MINDING THESE ENTITLED FOOLS who think the Nigerian govt owes them everything on earth?

As they were leaving for that UAE, no doubt they were heaping all kinds of abuse on Nigeria, from ''failed state'', to ''useless country'', and ''corrupt thieves in power'', ''zoo'' etc etc.

Now they are ''DEMANDING'' for that same ''failed state'' to send them free planes to board to return to the ''failed state''.

So, the government of the people for the people should allow them die in their situation?
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by lexy2014: 10:03am On Aug 08, 2020
Rossikki:

Does d president & his family not have entitlement mentality? Do d politicians who steal billions everyday not have entitlement mentality? Who is paying for Aisha buharis flight& medical treatment in Dubai for neck pain? Y is d "entitlement mentality" of stranded Nigerians to be evacuated now a crime?
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by uuzba(m): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2020
Sunofgod:
Disgraceful.........
Did we send them there?
No be run wey dem run go there?
Why do they want assistance from home again?
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:06am On Aug 08, 2020
Wetting I know be say.....
E no go better,for better wey e no go better for !

Person wey him
Money dey Africa,if he go America na suffer go bring am back.

Any where,wey our money dey,make our leg carry us reach there.
Ameeeeeee

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by chika0072(m): 10:07am On Aug 08, 2020
drkay:

Please in which of the Emirates are these folks? Can you provide more details?

Dubai

Very close to Academic city. I heard some are taken little by little but the sun is even too much for a day.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by skyfall: 10:08am On Aug 08, 2020
Optional09:

The truth is that with that cashier position he is better than an head of state in Nigerian, there is nothing like earning an honest living with clear hope of better days. with that cashier job he will get home and switch on electricity, open tap and water will run, go to the bank and get loans with no collateral, speak to the county chairman on phone, walk into community library, use public bus � , sue anyone that violates his rights and get justice, drive to anywhere anytime of day and night without the fear of any danger, receives disaster alert on his phone at least 1 to two hrs before the disaster occur, get tax refund every year, have access to mortgage loans, have the right to vote and be voted for, free education for his children, available scholarship for any of his qualified children “on merits” clean serene neighborhood just as he likes it, police and fire service at his finger tips, working paid internet wifi, many more benefits he can never dream of as a bank rubbish manager in nigeria.

Fvck bank manager

You obviously haven't lived abroad before to write this blasphemy. You think the guy had all these that you listed and was still talking about the shame of coming back home?
Don't believe what you read online, it's all scam.
America is hard for privileged whites, not to talk of you a black immigrant who never schooled in that country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by cray91(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2020
confirm!
eejo:
Nigerians please overseas is not bed of roses.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by obstead200(m): 10:11am On Aug 08, 2020
Optional09:

The truth is that with that cashier position he is better than an head of state in Nigerian, there is nothing like earning an honest living with clear hope of better days. with that cashier job he will get home and switch on electricity, open tap and water will run, go to the bank and get loans with no collateral, speak to the county chairman on phone, walk into community library, use public bus � , sue anyone that violates his rights and get justice, drive to anywhere anytime of day and night without the fear of any danger, receives disaster alert on his phone at least 1 to two hrs before the disaster occur, get tax refund every year, have access to mortgage loans, have the right to vote and be voted for, free education for his children, available scholarship for any of his qualified children “on merits” clean serene neighborhood just as he likes it, police and fire service at his finger tips, working paid internet wifi, many more benefits he can never dream of as a bank rubbish manager in nigeria.

Fvck bank manager
seriously u have a point.
At my level in life, if I start hustling to travel out, it won't be because I need to make money. I am not rich but I am definitely highly contented with what I have.
If I need to immigrate, it will be because I desire a better future for my children
If I have to do a demeaning job, (as far as it is honest and will at least cover my basic expenses) to guarantee a secured future for my kids (education and security wise especially), I will gladly do it oooo.

When I get old and my kids are well established in a sane society, I can return to Nigeria, I already have a house, I can start farming or take up a contract employment just to keep busy until oluwa calls me home.

I will die as a fulfilled and happy man.

God when Abeg just see my heart and make way for me to leave this country. No be money i dey find oo. Just a future for my kids.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by drkay(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2020
chika0072:

Dubai

Very close to Academic city. I heard some are taken little by little but the sun is even too much for a day.
Wow. Very bad. I hope they get the necessary help as soon as possible. I thought they're in Abu Dhabi. I cant go that side for now. Thank s bro.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by luvsesan4eva(m): 10:20am On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:
Insurance hahahahah,in nigeria we make real cash not money held in trust for white companies to make more money.car in nigeria bought 100% ,house paid for 100%,cloths,phone ,furnitire,you name it we pay for it cash,not make believe money.

quote author=Optional09 post=92576138]

You don’t know that cashiers at costco have life insurance, how many bank manager in nigeria have a car insurance lol Nigeria ko Nigga area ni dark brains niggas

Bro to me....... More you are sounding like a racist
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by ICEWIN: 10:22am On Aug 08, 2020
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCZsaoLfsto
These are Nigerians in the UAE stranded and they have been here for 4 days now. The embassy just neglected them out here under the sun. The pandemic caused the loss of their jobs. I think they all just want the embassy to arrange free flight for them to naija. They have been sleeping and waking up under this sun.

stay for 9ja hustle well,u say no
u fly out,u make money,begin save u say no.
now u no get savings to take fly back home.
#UNPLAN-TRIP
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by arazanbal: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:
My brother you have said it all,let me tell you a funny story,thier was this guy,he was a bank manager in Nigeria,this was a guy we use to seat 3 hrs to wait for in bayelsa,to get loan for our oil business,he was like a king.sometime two years ago i visited maryland and went to casco,to my shock i sew this guy was the cashier,my brother what happened big boy like you ,cashier i asked this guy was nearly in tears,i told him to go back home and stop suffering here,he said he couldnt out of shame that he sold everything he owned to move himself and his family to the states.i just shock my head,i told him it would take you atlist 10 years to break even in america.our black people they need to learn no where in this world sweat like nijia and trust me,i done travel

uote author=Rossikki post=92571455]

Same as happened in Lebanon, Libya etc.

''Anywhere but Nigeria'' mentality.

In Libya there are still Nigerian former BANKERS who fled the ''failed state, Nigeria'' and landed in ''successful state, Libya'', and are currently WORKING AS SLAVES there, for some Arab punks and warlords in the desert.

guy does bankers lazy bro, dere are alot of opputinties out dere in USA if u really want to earn money, as long u move dere legally, as USA big reach wy b say one state is bigger dan niaja, i am not talking about scamming oo, but i sabi say job sara if u plan before leaving here
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Optional09: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2020
luvsesan4eva:

Bro to me....... More you are sounding like a racist

i am angry with Nigerian leaders for bringing Nigerians to the ground with incompetence
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Optional09: 10:43am On Aug 08, 2020
skyfall:

You obviously haven't lived abroad before to write this blasphemy. You think the guy had all these that you listed and was still talking about the shame of coming back home?
Don't believe what you read online, it's all scam.
America is hard for privileged whites, not to talk of you a black immigrant who never schooled in that country.

Those who live abroad know what i am talking about
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Optional09: 10:48am On Aug 08, 2020
Buzx:

Haha you really don't know much about life in America, do you? It is not as it seems, bro. Life in America is harder than you think. Every minute you're paying bills, bills, bills, so you got to work, work, work. Most americans live off credit. They can't afford to buy things out right and completely.

Change your perception about America.

i came here with no penny when Nigeria dirty system ruined all my business. Now i am living a better life out of my small income i send nothing less than 500k to family and friends approximately every 3months in support. I leave it to you to determine if an in debt
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by chika0072(m): 10:49am On Aug 08, 2020
drkay:

Wow. Very bad. I hope they get the necessary help as soon as possible. I thought they're in Abu Dhabi. I cant go that side for now. Thank s bro.

I just pray they attend to them quickly...
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Optional09: 11:08am On Aug 08, 2020
NofiuFade:
wake up okay, you people should stop all this fantasy story pls, well you can only deceive fools sha

I never said they are giving free lunch in America or they are picking money on the road nothing looks like fantasy in my submission it’s reality of life for immigrants with legal document. Legal document is a challenge to many people yet they still find their way in the US. Tell nigerian government to structure nigeria, build infrastructures and value her citizens
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by zuto4u(m): 11:18am On Aug 08, 2020
Hahaha
7lives:

One of those wailing neglect fled this country with my hard earned 1.8 million naira.
I dey wait make the animal land, he must chop sand..
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by CAUSTIC002: 11:22am On Aug 08, 2020
a friend of mine was on the emergency flight to Nigeria from the uae 2 weeks ago, said he spent over 300k, and his passport is still held by airport authorities pending his covid 19 test result.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by CAUSTIC002: 11:34am On Aug 08, 2020
nomenclature:
Oga everywhere is better than nigeria ,stop giving yourself false hope ,that is the plain truth,even if they are stranded ,even american citizens gets stranded at a point and their government helps,show me one country nigeria is better than ,don't mention the war torn countries
sadly the truth. Only people who ve never step foot outside would argue.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Odion2016(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2020
eejo:
Nigerians please overseas is not bed of roses.

Only if u r in the medical field
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2020
America has opportunity for it citizens,migrant have to blend in,and guess what nowhere in the world has opportunity like Nigeria and that is why all the white are running here

quote author=arazanbal post=92583328]

guy does bankers lazy bro, dere are alot of opputinties out dere in USA if u really want to earn money, as long u move dere legally, as USA big reach wy b say one state is bigger dan niaja, i am not talking about scamming oo, but i sabi say job sara if u plan before leaving here[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2020
America has opportunity for it citizens,migrant have to blend in,and guess what nowhere in the world has opportunity like Nigeria and that is why all the white are running here.

quote author=arazanbal post=92583328]

guy does bankers lazy bro, dere are alot of opputinties out dere in USA if u really want to earn money, as long u move dere legally, as USA big reach wy b say one state is bigger dan niaja, i am not talking about scamming oo, but i sabi say job sara if u plan before leaving here[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 11:46am On Aug 08, 2020
Arnt we all

quote author=luvsesan4eva post=92582881]

Bro to me....... More you are sounding like a racist [/quote]
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 11:47am On Aug 08, 2020
Bro speak about what you know all citizen pay,uk,us you name it they paid

uote author=lexy2014 post=92581511]

It's not entirely true that evacuations are paid by d citizens. In some cases, citizens pay. In many cases, d country pays. So it is d duty of d mission to organize free flights if d need be
[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2020
Lazy youth,may you travel when you do ,do not go and seat infront of the mission expecting the country you say everywhere is better than to pay your way back here.in the main time let me inform you that Nigeria is better than 60% of the countries in the world better than 70% of Europe.

uote author=nomenclature post=92581311]Oga everywhere is better than nigeria ,stop giving yourself false hope ,that is the plain truth,even if they are stranded ,even american citizens gets stranded at a point and their government helps,show me one country nigeria is better than ,don't mention the war torn countries[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Road’ll Be Completed In 2021 – Julius Berger / Nigerian Portugal Student Visa Process / UK Deports 83 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.