Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy (21098 Views)

Abike Dabiri: Many Nigerians ‘Stranded’ In UAE Are Ex-Convicts / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / 300 Nigerians Stranded In UAE Arrive Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 11:52am On Aug 08, 2020
As you know all Nigerian missions are making arrangement,this lazy set expect the government to pay for it,that is the difference

uote author=doteb post=92581111]

since there is no flight from UAE to Nigeria, so is the work of the embassy to arrange with the government of UAE for repatriate flight for their citizens. this process is for all countries citizen leaving the country because their airspace are lockdown due to covid -19 [/quote]
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2020
Buzx:

Haha you really don't know much about life in America, do you? It is not as it seems, bro. Life in America is harder than you think. Every minute you're paying bills, bills, bills, so you got to work, work, work. Most americans live off credit. They can't afford to buy things out right and completely.

Change your perception about America.

Why do people keep on spreading these lies
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2020
The world is a global village.

Nigeria is a zoo

My body is in Nigeria but my soul is abroad

I must japa by force.

In saner climes i wouldn't have to deal with the zoo shenanigans

U never see anything yet dem go beat una tire for abroad.

grin
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
Sheybi When DEM DE RUN COMOT LIF NAIJA DEM KUKUMA NEGLECTED THE GOVMNT AND PIPU OF NAIJA now after DEM DON SHAKE TABLE and the TABLE COME CHANGE POSITION DEM DEY SHOUT SAY GOVMNT NEGLECTED DEM undecided
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Green card never 2 twice i have been offered that route and twice i have turn it down first when i finished secondary school ,lincon university came calling,i said no,much latter in life i was made another offer which lead to a green card my answer remain no way.as for the trash you are writing i think you are dellussional with media hipe,the real fact are there ,Nigeria is 10 time safer than america that is Nigeria in a state of bokoharm is 10 times safer than america the data is there,as for prisioner,in Nigeria you are as free as the air,in america even your words are policed ,it is called the woke culture,our internet may be terrible that simply mean more market of somebody,in america the market are already monopolised mean no more growth.you either fit in or get out.

uote author=Optional09 post=92576213]

Keep deceiving yourself because you can’t buy green card like that crappy green passport. Everything you buy with stolen money has no value. How can you be a bank manager buy cars with cash yet you can’t drive it on good road in a safe environment, build house in the most expensive neighborhood yet you’re not better than a prisoner in cages, can’t sleep without unexplained generator noice, buy phone with cash you can’t enjoy all its features because of terrible internet service, earn $250k a month yet you have an attitude of an harmed rubber. i beg park your naija bus in a dirty gutter make i pass [/quote]
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Optional09: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2020
NofiuFade:
all this excuse are still not enough for you to go nd be stranded in another peoples country build with their own sweat and blood, only coward think this way!!!, why will you go and be sleeping Inside gutter because of just only good road and constant electricity, why can't you demand for all those good life you mention while you are here in Nigeria

The same you will say those asking for change in system of government in Nigeria are irritant, some of them who avoid being called irritant had gone to subject theirselves to slavery, if not for the pandemic they are better off in their slavery than the luxurious crime and corruption zone Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by lexy2014: 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:
Bro speak about what you know all citizen pay,uk,us you name it they paid

uote author=lexy2014 post=92581511]

It's not entirely true that evacuations are paid by d citizens. In some cases, citizens pay. In many cases, d country pays. So it is d duty of d mission to organize free flights if d need be

And u also spoke about what u no and my choice of words were not mistaken or a generalisation unlike ur comment which is a generalisation. US and UK are not d entire world & it's not in all cases that their citizens pay for evacuation. Pls read again:

It's not entirely true that evacuations are paid by d citizens. In some cases, citizens pay. In many cases, d country pays. So it is d duty of d mission to organize free flights if d need be.

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/india/while-indians-stranded-abroad-pay-nothing-for-evacuation-it-costs-migrant-workers-to-return-home-2603091.html
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by whirlwind7(m): 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
Optional09:

UAE na overseas? lol i laughs in Chinese

Can you describe what you understand as "overseas" then?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
7lives:

One of those wailing neglect fled this country with my hard earned 1.8 million naira.
I dey wait make the animal land, he must chop sand..

forgive him na
he don use ur money Bleep fresh toto
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2020
7lives:

One of those wailing neglect fled this country with my hard earned 1.8 million naira.
I dey wait make the animal land, he must chop sand..
he scammed u with direct employment hahahaha guy sorry Sha
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by luvsesan4eva(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2020
Optional09:

i am angry with Nigerian leaders for bringing Nigerians to the ground with incompetence

Are we also helping the matter as a citizen?
Don't we have the right to fight back as a voter?

We accept all they do to us and dance to thier tunes........so what do you expect?
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by luvsesan4eva(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:
Arnt we all

quote author=luvsesan4eva post=92582881]

Bro to me....... More you are sounding like a racist

We are! on a different level
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Optional09: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
luvsesan4eva:

Are we also helping the matter as a citizen?
Don't we have the right to fight back as a voter?

We accept all they do to us and dance to thier tunes........so what do you expect?

Those who are fighting back you called them irritant lock them up and shave their head with broken bottles. Even the slave masters didn’t do more than that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
skyfall:

You obviously haven't lived abroad before to write this blasphemy. You think the guy had all these that you listed and was still talking about the shame of coming back home?
Don't believe what you read online, it's all scam.
America is hard for privileged whites, not to talk of you a black immigrant who never schooled in that country.

Some people think once you travel to America you will start picking dollars from the floor. Even Americans are loosing their(corporate) jobs. The difference between Nigeria and the US is there will always be a job for you but definitely it wouldn't be your desired job. The other day I saw a picture of Nigerian men roasting corn, something they can't do in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by glowingflame7: 1:23pm On Aug 08, 2020
BiggyB242:

Some people think once you travel to America you will start picking dollars from the floor. Even Americans are loosing their(corporate) jobs. The difference between Nigeria and the US, there will be always a job for you but definitely it wouldn't be your desired job. The other day I saw a picture of Nigerian men roasting corn, something they can't do in Nigeria.

If Nigeria works normally, he would roast corn in Nigeria. What you should factor in is that that corn he is roasting as work in U.S. would come with opportunities of good and free education for his children, quality health care, water and fire services, a decent home, Internet and access to the latest technologies, and probably a chance of citizenship for him and his family. The man selling corn may actually be sending money to his whole village and have mansions in Nigeria built from his sale of roasted corn. Now compare that to the women who sell sweeter roasted corn in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by neuralct(m): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
Local man is tired
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by neuralct(m): 1:26pm On Aug 08, 2020
Local man cannot can
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by 7lives: 1:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
NofiuFade:
wake up okay, you people should stop all this fantasy story pls, well you can only deceive fools sha

Let tell you a story, my uncle spent eight years in America and came back home to start a security company.
He is always saying " Nigerians don't know how White man think ".
If he heard that a relative just got a Visa and is preparing to go, he just shrug and say best of luck.
One day we forced him to tell us why he disliked America, he said when he got to America, he shared an apartment with two other Nigerians.
He said right opposite them lived a white guy who normally brings out his gun to polish every morning.
He polish the gun every morning as if his life depends on it, sometimes he will aimed the gun at them, smile, wave at them and enter his apartment.
My uncle said he felt the white dude was threatening them and warned his flatmates, but they never took him serious.
It turns out that the white dude was a racist, who had been killing black people all over the place and pleading insanity through his lawyers.
Instead of being sent to jail, the law will send him to asylum and he will be released aftar he was certified sane by his doctors.
This guy just wake up one morning after polishing his gun, he pointed at them and said " Niggers take this " and started shooting at them.
My uncle said one of them got hit on the forehead and died on the spot.
He said he later realized that white people gets away with so many race related crimes.
He said after his study, he even married an African American wife, who got killed through black on black violence as she won't stop clubbing.
He said that was it, he already had enough of America, he needs to go home.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Coolcalmcollect(m): 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2020
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCZsaoLfsto
These are Nigerians in the UAE stranded and they have been here for 4 days now. The embassy just neglected them out here under the sun. The pandemic caused the loss of their jobs. I think they all just want the embassy to arrange free flight for them to naija. They have been sleeping and waking up under this sun.
they are mad, na the embassy pay their flight to UAE? or while they were forming big boys and girls in UAE them no remember their people for Nigerian say levels fit bad bah? free flight kill Dem under that tree
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 08, 2020
glowingflame7:

If Nigeria works normally, he would roast corn in Nigeria. What you should factor in is that that corn he is roasting as work in U.S. would come with opportunities of good and free education for his children, quality health care, water and fire services, a decent home, Internet and access to the latest technologies, and probably a chance of citizenship for him and his family. The man selling corn may actually be sending money to his whole village and have mansions in Nigeria built from his sale of roasted corn. Now compare that to the women who sell sweeter roasted corn in Nigeria.

My brother is just the exchange rate if not the money is small over there. You would prefer to roast corn abroad than work in the corporate world in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Kaylet: 2:42pm On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:
Were do Nigerians get the idea that it is the duty of missions to arrange free flights for them,the missions didnt take you to those countries,you did so on your own,the mission duty is to make arrangement for approval for emergency flights that is if you can afford it,there is no budget anywhere for such.
Please note every country who makes flight arrangement for their citizens,the citizens always bear the cost.

I must say you're a wicked being. Your fellow brothers have gone out to hustle for themselves. One thing or the other has taken them outside.

They got there and they are stranded, and here you are saying, did the govt send them there.

In a working country, once a citizen is in a problem, it's the duty of the country to take responsibility.

The government of Nigeria is not willing to help yet the govt of UAE is willing to assist but Nigeria is saying no yet Aisha is sick and they flew her to UAE.

People like you don't know left from right. You don't know your right in this country that is why most people are cheated
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by bigtt76(f): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2020
Fair point and thanks for the the civility and non political bias shown in the discussions.

No doubt the government have failed us all which led to many traveling out and refusing to return thinking its better for them there which is ok if they get a legal employment to sustain them. Unfortunately (just assuming) most of these guys do even have anything to do just roam around and beg for money which they end u spending on drinks and womanizing and still refusing to come back.

I agree the government should show equal love to ALL Nigerians especially in times like this but again those the government facilitated their travels were those who ended up paying for their tickets back home like other foreigners do when their countries did the same. I don't think the government would've left those behind to pick u those who couldn't afford tickets.

We also don't know their true status if they have valid passports or not. We've not heard the government side of the story though so let's not judge cheesy

Nairalandmonika:

That's not the issue, it's not about how they live their life, it's about the govt owning up to their responsibility.

If the govt can take the oil in the land of a Niger Delta man, the govt should also be able to rescue the Niger Delta man stranded in Dubai.

I just use Niger Delta as an example. It's goes for all Nigerians.

A country is just like an agreement between the govt and it's people. The people pay tax, the people give the govt their resources, in turn, the govt protect the people.

At this very point Nigeria govt has failed to live up to it's part of the agreement.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2020
Keep fooling yourself,nigeria the country where nobody wants to pay tax bur wish ti enjoy more than those that pay taxes in there country,the government didnt send you out there to hustle,you sent yourself having done so you are under tge jurisdiction of that country,yes the mission can make intervention on your behalf,yes they look after your over rall interest but capital No do they pay your bills.even if the country had money to pay bills,we would first start with those at home.

quote author=Kaylet post=92591641]

I must say you're a wicked being. Your fellow brothers have gone out to hustle for themselves. One thing or the other has taken them outside.

They got there and they are stranded, and here you are saying, did the govt send them there.

In a working country, once a citizen is in a problem, it's the duty of the country to take responsibility.

The government of Nigeria is not willing to help yet the govt of UAE is willing to assist but Nigeria is saying no yet Aisha is sick and they flew her to UAE.

People like you don't know left from right. You don't know your right in this country that is why most people are cheated[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by bigtt76(f): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2020
Not sure why your point is tending towards the politicians though. I abhor them greatly.

Anyway, my point is, it's a known fact that most of these guys claiming abandonment probably had nothing doing pre-covid19 and them coming out to say they were abandoned (though fine) shouldn't have been if they were well employed in Dubai. A cleaner I learnt earns more than our minimum wage here, is it that they never saved or had thoughts about what could happen in the future? It's not everytime you jump and hang all your hopes in government in the name of getting assistance during crisis such as this, you must have plan B.

Not going to comment on the president's wife or family because by virtue of being a president, the constitution confers on the president and family the privileges they're exercising (as it does for other Nigerians). I know the next thing would be but we pay tax cheesy... How many Nigerians pay tax?

lexy2014:

Does d president & his family not have entitlement mentality? Do d politicians who steal billions everyday not have entitlement mentality? Who is paying for Aisha buharis flight& medical treatment in Dubai for neck pain? Y is d "entitlement mentality" of stranded Nigerians to be evacuated now a crime?
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by onoja12: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
As you can see,i have given examples,so please tell us which country paid for it citizens that they didnt refund.since you know what you know ,just one country

quote author=lexy2014 post=92586418]

And u also spoke about what u no and my choice of words were not mistaken or a generalisation unlike ur comment which is a generalisation. US and UK are not d entire world & it's not in all cases that their citizens pay for evacuation. Pls read again:

It's not entirely true that evacuations are paid by d citizens. In some cases, citizens pay. In many cases, d country pays. So it is d duty of d mission to organize free flights if d need be.

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/india/while-indians-stranded-abroad-pay-nothing-for-evacuation-it-costs-migrant-workers-to-return-home-2603091.html
[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by lexy2014: 3:51pm On Aug 08, 2020
bigtt76:
Not sure why your point is tending towards the politicians though. I abhor them greatly.

Anyway, my point is, it's a known fact that most of these guys claiming abandonment probably had nothing doing pre-covid19 and them coming out to say they were abandoned (though fine) shouldn't have been if they were well employed in Dubai. A cleaner I learnt earns more than our minimum wage here, is it that they never saved or had thoughts about what could happen in the future? It's not everytime you jump and hang all your hopes in government in the name of getting assistance during crisis such as this, you must have plan B.

Not going to comment on the president's wife or family because by virtue of being a president, the constitution confers on the president and family the privileges they're exercising (as it does for other Nigerians). I know the next thing would be but we pay tax cheesy... How many Nigerians pay tax?

Why should my point not tend towards d politicians? What's my business if u hate them? If they have "entitlement mentality", y then is it a crime for Nigerians seeking evacuation to have "entitlement mentality"? If d citizens have plan a, b or c or not, how does that absolve d govt of carrying out it's responsibility to it's people as enshrined in d Constitution? Whether they were employed in Dubai or not, how does that absolve d govt in catering for their need for evacuation as enshrined in d Constitution?

In Section 14 (2b) of d Constitution and I quote: "the security and welfare of the people is the primary purpose of government". So how is evacuating Nigerian citizens an aberration as far as d Constitution of d federal republic of Nigeria is concerned?

Can u pls show me were "the constitution confers on the president and family the privileges they're exercising (as it does for other Nigerians)". And who are d "other Nigerians" u are referring to? I mentioned politicians who steal billions. Does d Constitution confer on them d privilege to steal billions?

For your information, every Nigerian pays tax
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by bigtt76(f): 3:54pm On Aug 08, 2020
Ok

lexy2014:

Why should my point not tend towards d politicians? What's my business if u hate them? If they have "entitlement mentality", y then is it a crime for Nigerians seeking evacuation to have "entitlement mentality"? If d citizens have plan a, b or c or not, how does that absolve d govt of carrying out it's responsibility to it's people as enshrined in d Constitution? Whether they were employed in Dubai or not, how does that absolve d govt in catering for their need for evacuation as enshrined in d Constitution?

In Section 14 (2b) of d Constitution and I quote: "the security and welfare of the people is the primary purpose of government". So how is evacuating Nigerian citizens an aberration as far as d Constitution of d federal republic of Nigeria is concerned?

Can u pls show me were "the constitution confers on the president and family the privileges they're exercising (as it does for other Nigerians)". And who are d "other Nigerians" u are referring to? I mentioned politicians who steal billions. Does d Constitution confer on them d privilege to steal billions?

For your information, every Nigerian pays tax
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by lexy2014: 3:56pm On Aug 08, 2020
onoja12:
As you can see,i have given examples,so please tell us which country paid for it citizens that they didnt refund.since you know what you know ,just one country

quote author=lexy2014 post=92586418]

It seems u have problems reading & even understanding what u read. Pls read this again. Also take note of d link I posted. Seems u didn't read. If u did, d English there might have been beyond ur comprehension
lexy2014:

NB: pls take note of my choice of words. Very important.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by planetx: 3:57pm On Aug 08, 2020
Optional09:

The truth is that with that cashier position he is better than an head of state in Nigerian, there is nothing like earning an honest living with clear hope of better days. with that cashier job he will get home and switch on electricity, open tap and water will run, go to the bank and get loans with no collateral, speak to the county chairman on phone, walk into community library, use public bus � , sue anyone that violates his rights and get justice, drive to anywhere anytime of day and night without the fear of any danger, receives disaster alert on his phone at least 1 to two hrs before the disaster occur, get tax refund every year, have access to mortgage loans, have the right to vote and be voted for, free education for his children, available scholarship for any of his qualified children “on merits” clean serene neighborhood just as he likes it, police and fire service at his finger tips, working paid internet wifi, many more benefits he can never dream of as a bank rubbish manager in nigeria.

Fvck bank manager
You must be a teenager that has never left Nigeria before watching to many Hollywood movies. A cashier working in Costco better than Buhari lol you have jokes, loan for someone with no credit history, right to vote for a non US citizen, all the electricity, water, WiFi are all free. That person will be crying every night for leaving Nigeria you have zero clue about whatever fantasy you have in your head.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Kvdag(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2020
better talk from a wise man..
obstead200:
seriously u have a point.
At my level in life, if I start hustling to travel out, it won't be because I need to make money. I am not rich but I am definitely highly contented with what I have.
If I need to immigrate, it will be because I desire a better future for my children
If I have to do a demeaning job, (as far as it is honest and will at least cover my basic expenses) to guarantee a secured future for my kids (education and security wise especially), I will gladly do it oooo.

When I get old and my kids are well established in a sane society, I can return to Nigeria, I already have a house, I can start farming or take up a contract employment just to keep busy until oluwa calls me home.

I will die as a fulfilled and happy man.

God when Abeg just see my heart and make way for me to leave this country. No be money i dey find oo. Just a future for my kids.
Re: Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy by Kaylet: 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2020
[quote author=onoja12 post=92592960]Keep fooling yourself,nigeria the country where nobody wants to pay tax bur wish ti enjoy more than those that pay taxes in there country,the government didnt send you out there to hustle,you sent yourself having done so you are under tge jurisdiction of that country,yes the mission can make intervention on your behalf,yes they look after your over rall interest but capital No do they pay your bills.even if the country had money to pay bills,we would first start with those at home.

Tax or no tax, the country should fend for the people. I still say, you don't know your right from left of what is due to you.

We still have countries that don't pay tax and they still do well. You're within the shores of Nigeria and you're arguing blindly with those who know what is happening in the outside Africa.

Quote me anywhere,the least amount paid to UAE citizens is N100M. Paying tax will not be an issue...besides this tax you just mentioned was introduced in the land of UAE not up to a decade.

The fact you eat two or three square meals doesn't you'd not think about those who don't have.

Most of this people who went to hustle outside the country fell into evil/bad hands, who are mainly Nigerians.

The rights of Nigerians can't be waved aside

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Road’ll Be Completed In 2021 – Julius Berger / UK Deports 83 Nigerians / Nigerian Portugal Student Visa Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.