Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,718 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? (4850 Views)

How Is It Possible That Anyone Will Not See Anything Wrong With Homosexuality? / "God, Even Our Own God." / Reprimand For Each Individual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by mnwankwo(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
MizMyColi:
Hello Religion Section!
I've missed you, my friends cheesy

MuttleyLaff, how do you do!?
LoJ my dearest grin grin
Sarassin wink wink
Analice, long time o

Pardon my unremberance of monikers

So I have this question.

Is it possible that we all have our own God that we should be conversing with, and maybe not focus on the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as our God might be incompatible with theirs?

Just thinking out loud.

What do you think?
There is only one God, the Almighty and the source of all that is, was and will be. Simply put, there is the creator (God) and his power. Everything beside God came into being out of the power of God and various precipitations out of this power of God takes on form as worlds, planes, universes, etc What is erroneously referred to as gods are servants of God who swing in the will of the one and only God and dispense his Will. The gods are whole network or chain of servants of the Almighty and the closest of these mediators to humans are what often is regarded as personal god. Most times, these mediators are actually departed human beings who have the same weaknesses as the person they are advising; indeed guiding the man on earth in fresh and blood is actually a part of the spiritual development and redemption of these departed souls. Most often these personal gods speak to us to what is generally referred to as conscience.

In epochs where humans were closer to the will of God, they occasionally perceive some of the messengers of God that "control" weather, harvest, fire, rocks, wind, water, etc and because theses messengers or beings swing in the will of God, they are of celestial beauty that humans start to regard them as gods. Any true ang genuine servant or messenger of God rejects such adoration which only belongs to the creator. Sadly men rejected such admonition, ignored the rebuke of these servants and created their own counterfeit of these messengers of God, hence the demons, the phantoms, etc Therefore what today all cultures and religions worship today as gods and goddesses are not the servants or messengers of God but the demons which they created and turned into gods and goddesses. The actual real servants or messengers of god are still there but humans have lost connection to them, and are only connected to the demons they created.

Now if a human being have developed in the sense of the laws of God and is pure at heart and his spiritual path requires it, a time comes when a real spiritual guide will be assigned to him or her who will then guide the human protégé on his part to higher recognitions and service in the will of God. The guide approaching the spiritualized man as I said above is the last in the chain of guides and this personal guide only mediates what is transmitted to him on her from above. The Lord of these guides, that is the head of the chain (so to speak) are of such supernatural beauty and size such that some can hold our entire universe in the palm of their hands.

Man is not God and no conformation of the power of God is God. There is only one God and all else are emanations from God but the emanations of God is/are not God. The idea that God can be found in man or that creations of God can become God or part of God is adulatory. All beings and creatures including humans have the intrinsic ability to connect to God but a connection to God is not the same as being GOD or a part of God. Granted that one who experiences these connections especially at the beginning phases of his/her initiation into higher recognitions may be so overwhelmed by the experience that he or she may not be able to differentiate that the temporal sensing of timelessness, supreme happiness, omniscience, etc is not personal to him but a consequence of the connection with God, or more correctly with the power of God. Therefore any spiritually aware human being should and must reject worship of anything that has form for the creator has no form and the only way to connect to the Creator is to live in the sense of the Will of God. But there is nothing wrong in being grateful to our impersonal or personal guides, beings and servants of God but that must never be allowed to degenerate into worship, or else a counterfeit, a demon will take on form and then claim to be a god, a goddess or even the Almighty. This is the basis for the origin of many of the gods, goddesses, masters, avatars, ancestors, idols etc that humans are worshiping today in various cultures and religions. Stay blessed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by MizMyColi(f): 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
Thank you mnwankwo.

I feel truly honored that you have shared your insights with me :-)

For me, I personalize the almighty as my father. I think we all have a way we relate to or devote ourselves to the source energy.

Like you said, the almighty is way bigger and mightier than we can fathom, but I like to think that he avails himself to us all in ways that we can grasp and understand. I don't subscribe to the idea of God being some distant being who sends other beings to do his bidding. I believe that he is here, there and everywhere, within, without...in all things.

My fervent desire as a person is to remain conscious of his presence, to stay plugged in (so to speak). That is the only way life makes so much sense and meaning to me.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by joyandfaith: 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
Maximus69:

He just want to argue, ask him to tell you the name of his church and see how he'll indirectly tell you he doesn't want to worship with any group, yet he's here arguing for Jesus who keeps worshiping in the midst of his fellow believers throughout his life! cheesy

you really know him. I do not know as such. it is very funny that he can deny peter that Jesus told' feed my sheep'. He disregarded words of God. Actually force him to state that he has no business with Apostles.
thank for your input.
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
joyandfaith:

you really know him. I do not know as such. it is very funny that he can deny peter that Jesus told' feed my sheep'. He disregarded words of God. Actually force him to state that he has no business with Apostles.
thank for your input.

You're welcome, our friend said "he's not a churchian" whereas the first century Christians all believe and worship together as a Church! smiley
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by joyandfaith: 7:20pm On Aug 17, 2020
Maximus69:

You're welcome, our friend said "he's not a churchian" whereas the first century Christians all believe and worship together as a Church! smiley

I think he is a rebel
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by mnwankwo(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
MizMyColi:
Thank you mnwankwo.

I feel truly honored that you have shared your insights with me :-)

For me, I personalize the almighty as my father. I think we all have a way we relate to or devote ourselves to the source energy.

Like you said, the almighty is way bigger and mightier than we can fathom, but I like to think that he avails himself to us all in ways that we can grasp and understand. I don't subscribe to the idea of God being some distant being who sends other beings to do his bidding. I believe that he is here, there and everywhere, within, without...in all things.

My fervent desire as a person is to remain conscious of his presence, to stay plugged in (so to speak). That is the only way life makes so much sense and meaning to me.

Thanks MizMyColi for your kind words. I see your point. But to be plugged in simply means to connect to God and by that connection, one will perceive the "nearness of God" and that brings supreme happiness. You can turn your DSTV decoder and watch Arsenal and Chelsea play at Emirates Stadium London from the comfort of ones sitting room. You share the emotions of fellow supporters who are live at Emirates Stadium in London even though you are in your parlor somewhere in Nigeria. It is a crude analogy but it is a faint reflection of how we sense the presence of God although God is not in his creation. For some fans, they are fine with turning the decoder and watching the match and are not interested on how the signals are transmitted from satellite stationed in space while other fans will be interested in the network of communication signals that brought the match to his living room. The essential thing is that both sets of the fans were able to experience the match. There is only one thing that connects us to our Creator and that is LOVE. Love, Love and Love as Jesus once admonished. That is the key and nothing else. Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
joyandfaith:

I think he is a rebel

Exactly!
Such a person would have been a zealot if he happens to live during the first century, he doesn't want to be submissive to any group all he want is fight for his selfish desires, as everyone is talking about God, he'll come out to say he belong to the God whose worshipers aren't united in FAITH or UNDERSTANDING, yet he'll like to push his PERSONAL opinion on others and if you ask him "where do i go to continue receiving more instructions?" he'll say "Holy Ghost will teach you on your own" whereas he has led the person astray! cheesy
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by MizMyColi(f): 7:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Thank you mnwankwo smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by morituri: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
No proof of the existence or absence of a god so believe what you want
Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by DappaD: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
joyandfaith:

I just want him to come openly that he has no regard letters written by Apostles to congregation. Since he has affirmed that Paul and other apostles cannot instruct him, who I am?

Uhmm permit me to barge in undecided undecided
But I noticed from several posts, that the man in question is fond of cherry picking certain Scriptures that suits his own thinking.
I mean he is ready to quote the inspired letter of Peter to validate a point about deceptive teachers(2Peter 2:1-3)but maybe quote where Peter was inspired to write that wives should be in subjection to their husbands (1Peter 3:1), he’ll come right out and label Peter a liar

Anyways that's just my observation and henceforth I know that such a person can’t be taken seriously. smiley

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
DappaD:

But I noticed from several posts, that the man in question is fond of cherry picking certain Scriptures that suits his own thinking.
I mean he is ready to quote the inspired letter of Peter to validate a point about deceptive teachers(2Peter 2:1-3)but maybe quote where Peter was inspired to write that wives should be in subjection to their husbands (1Peter 3:1), he’ll come right out and label Peter a liar

Anyways that's just my observation and henceforth I know that such a person can’t be taken seriously. smiley

Simply quote he detests submission but wants others to submit to his PERSONAL opinion! grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
I don't cherry-pick. I simply post portions which I am able to validate against the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ taught us to beware of false teachers, so if peter repeats the same warning, then he is simply repeating what Jesus Christ said.
Where Peter talks of anything that cannot be verified by Jesus Christ's own teachings, I ignore it because, again, Our Teacher is Jesus Christ and only His teaching is what we are to propagate.

It is really not rocket science. I am baffled that I have to explain this to folks who consider themselves to be the true chosen followers or something like that.

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by DappaD: 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Maximus69:

Simply quote he detests submission but wants others to submit to his PERSONAL opinion! grin

We should always beware of people whose decisions are based on “I just feel that...” OR “As for me I think...” when it comes to matters on Biblical dogma undecided

Such ones can never be trusted because their thinking would run parallel to the truth of God’s inspired word (The Bible)—1Thessalonians 2:17, 2Peter 1:20,21
Since such personal opinions will be flawed, in essence such ones would “speak twisted things” so that they can achieve their schemes! smiley —Acts 20:30

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by joyandfaith: 1:12am On Aug 18, 2020
DappaD:

it is good he stated clearly he could not take instruction from Apostles. I do not discuss any scriptural matter with such ones.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible That Each Individual Has Their Own God (chi)? by xproducer: 6:04am On Aug 18, 2020
MizMyColi:
Hello Religion Section!
I've missed you, my friends cheesy

MuttleyLaff, how do you do!?
LoJ my dearest grin grin
Sarassin wink wink
Analice, long time o

Pardon my unremberance of monikers

So I have this question.

Is it possible that we all have our own God that we should be conversing with, and maybe not focus on the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as our God might be incompatible with theirs?

Just thinking out loud.

What do you think?
=========================

There Is No Other God but JEHOVAH, the Almighty!

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God." - Isaiah 44:6

"‘Now see that I, even I, am He, And there is no God besides Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; Nor is there any who can deliver from My hand." - Deuteronomy 32:39

"For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus," - 1 Timothy 2:5

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!" - James 2:19

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

For Religion Section Nlers Living In UK / What If The Devil Repents Today? / The Shocking Truth About C.I. Scofield - Christians Be Warned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.