Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari (18383 Views)

Adamawa: Time To Rejig INEC - Vanguard Editorial / Akpabio Inaugurates Committee To Rejig NDDC / Fresh South South Headache Forces Atiku to Return Home to Rejig Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by dre11(m): 11:07am On Aug 09, 2020
•Ministers, service chiefs lobby to retain posts

By Yusuf Alli, Managing Editor, Northern Operation

Hints of imminent changes in the Federal Executive Council and the national security architecture by President Muhammadu Buhari have created suspense among ministers and service chiefs, The Nation learnt last night.

The reshuffle may take place between now and October, according to dependable sources.

The President is said to be considering various issues, controversies and security reports on some ministers.

Pressure has been mounting on the President for some time now to replace the service chiefs following the increasing wave of killings and kidnappings in parts of the country.

Buhari held another round of meeting with the service chiefs on Tuesday to consider the security situation in the country with National Security Adviser Babagana Monguno telling reporters at the end of the deliberation that the President had ordered “an immediate re-engineering of the entire security apparatus.”

The NSA gave no details or how soon this might be.

It was gathered that President’s session with the Service Chiefs was a window for another opportunity to see whether there might be an improvement in the nation’s security situation.

According to findings some controversial ministers and a few others with allegations of corrupt practices in their ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) might be dropped.

Some underperforming ministers may also be dropped if there is no improvement by October.

Sources also said some members of the kitchen cabinet and a few others who have the ear of the President have been pushing for some changes in the cabinet and in the security apparatchik.

It was gathered that information about the covert advisory to effect changes in the cabinet reached the ministers and is now causing suspense among them.

The difficulty in knowing the mindset of the President by ministers and service chiefs on the pending rejig has compounded the anxiety over the impending changes.

Notwithstanding, some ministers and service chiefs have been lobbying those closer to the corridors of powers to retain their posts.

A top source, who spoke in confidence, said: “The options before the President are either to retain or effect reshuffling of some of these ministers who have issues and Service Chiefs.

“The preponderance of opinions is that the nation is due for changes to address security challenges in the country and to increase the pace of this administration.

“The President has received advisory from his kitchen cabinet members, strategists and well-meaning friends.

“There might be changes in the cabinet and security apparatuses between August and October.

“A unique style of the President is that he does not act on the spur of the moment. He will consider relevant security reports, covert evaluation of ministers and their MDAs and other indices before effecting changes.

“But controversial ones and those linked with corrupt practices may go.

“You can see that the NSA during the week alluded to the likely rejig of the nation’s security architecture.”

Another source said following the leak of the rejig, some ministers and service chiefs have been anxious and they have started lobbying.

“Some ministers and service chiefs are lobbying either to be retained or elevated to a higher position.

“There is suspense everywhere because President Buhari does things silently based on conviction and realities.

“It is not as if the President is insensitive to security challenges and a few other socio-economic issues, but he takes his time to study situations before carrying out changes.

“He gives each public officer the benefit of the doubt.”

Some governors were said to have joined the league of those canvassing for the retention of some service chiefs.

A few other governors have been calling for a change of the ministers from their states.

The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, was the latest to make a case for the retention of the service chiefs.

Speaking during the ground breaking of Nigeria Army Reference Hospital, Abakaliki, Umahi said there was no need for changes.

He said: “The Chief of Army Staff needs cooperation and information so that they can do their work.

“We should increase the funding and logistics of the Army to aid their performance rather than changing them.

“They should increase their funding. The Army is very crucial for the Nigerian people.”

The Nation

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by richiemcgold: 11:10am On Aug 09, 2020
most members of Buhari's cabinet have not done anything laudable enough to be retained. We all know their appointments in the first place were not based on merit and competence but as compensations. I always wonder why the likes of ogbe, lai, akpabio and others are in his cabinet.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 09, 2020
richiemcgold:
most members of Buhari's cabinet have not done anything laudable enough to be retained. We all know their appointments in the first place were not based on merit and competence but as compensations. I always wonder why the likes of ogbe, lai, akpabio and others are in his cabinet.
...but lai has done incredibly well in lai-ing.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by ijustdey: 12:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
My own is they should replace the Services chiefs, those ones have over stayed their usefulness

They have become lords in their portfolio and no one can check them but just say yes sir because they believe their aren't from the "same class" since most of their class are retired from service.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Racoon(m): 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
Health, Security, Agriculture, Finance-among many sectors zero.NNPC under Bubu is just turning in catastrophic loss because of redundancy & corruption. There is widespread unemployment, insecurity& hardship yet institutional corruption is the order of the day all across our national life.

The war against insurgency is far from over because the govt have unfeigned love for terrorists than law abiding citizens.Meanwhile, lacklustre service chiefs are still lobbying to continue to cash out @ the expense of precious lives being lost daily.

Imagine what all these useless sitting ducks have turned this nation into today with another dunce head @ the helms of affair yet they're not proud of leaving or being dropped out of government.This simply confirms that the Buhari-led APC government is a failure that rewards catastrophic failure.Nigeria is just stucked in a vicious cycle.

11 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Karlifate: 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
I'm glad they've been thrown into pandemonium, the same way they threw Nigeria into pandemonium.

What you SOW is what you REAP.

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by rejoice4eva(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2020
Personally, in the opinion of many Nigerian, what can bring smile, hope, joy,security , progress and anything good back to Nigeria is if Major General Muhammad Buhari can voluntarily, honorably, dutifully and as a matter of urgency RETIRE and go back to Daura. I can't imagine the celebrations all over the nation.

45 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Tobimercy(f): 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ok
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by iCauseTrouble: 3:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
cheesy
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by freshkpomo(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
Verdict :404

A united youth is an unstoppable force

#NYM

God bless Nigeria

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by jericco1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
No be today nyash dey back angry
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by BlackfireX: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2020
Which buhari is making appointment??
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by LibertyRep: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2020
Enough of the suspense.

If he's going to change them, let him change them already and if he's not ready to change, they shouldn't disturb our peace.

3 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by thundafire: 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
Even President needs to remove himself because he doesn't know what to do.

8 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by HiSEminent: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2020
These pot bellied service chiefs should just admit their incompetence and resign peacefully
They should stop playing games with the lives of the poor and vulnerable

2 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by revived: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2020
Issokay
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by 9jatriot(m): 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
As long as this has hit the news, it is not likely to happen. PMB prefers surprising people.
But if true, Malami and Garba guy should be the top on my list. All the service chief should have been sacked since 2018 sef

2 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Dpharisee: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
Stale information, we have heard same Looming since 2015 angry

1 Like

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Ipromote: 3:09pm On Aug 09, 2020
Nigeria is dying...
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2020
When I was being trained for a job, I was subjected to intense mental scrutiny and competence tests.

Sometimes I wondered why it was so intense. Why were they subjecting humans to such high levels of tests ? When I got absorbed, I discovered it was meant to eschew incompetence and lack lustre performance.

But in governance in the Nigerian parlance, anything goes. I don't understand why such a topic as this should be created in the first place, when it's 6 good years of various levels of incompetence in a key sector like security involving human lives and property and we are reading this kind of bull crap.

4 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Cortexhills99: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
richiemcgold:

Do you mean Audu Ogbe?

1 Like

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by GreatGod2020(m): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
Hmmmmm, it is well. 9ja my country.

Looking for a nice and comfortable hotel to pass a night or rest and also to enjoy your honey moon, click on the link below for your reservation across the country
https://nitestay.com/cna-GreatGod

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by ayenale1(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
Bubu can never rejig anything
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by ayenale1(m): 3:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
Bubu can never rejig anything.
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
TIME TO REJIG.

A BETTER NIGERIA IS ALL WE WANT.

GOD BLESS OUR DARLING PRESIDENT. MUHAMMADU BUHARI.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
ayenale1:
Bubu can never rejig anything.
Mind you, 'Bubu' is still your President and the president of everyone in.your family, Local Government, state and country at large!
Live with it for the next 3 years ayenale!
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by oglalasioux(m): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
richiemcgold:

Ogbe has since been dropped. He was replaced with that Nanunu man who claims 200 naira can feed a family of five. Ogbe is light years better than that daft there.

3 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by lexy2014: 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
richiemcgold:
I always wonder why the likes of ogbe, lai, akpabio and others are in his cabinet.

because birds of d same feather flock together

2 Likes

Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by viralinfo: 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2020
The Governor of Ebonyi State, David Umahi, was the latest to make a case for the retention of the service chiefs.

Speaking during the ground breaking of Nigeria Army Reference Hospital, Abakaliki, Umahi said there was no need for changes.

He said: “The Chief of Army Staff needs cooperation and information so that they can do their work.

“We should increase the funding and logistics of the Army to aid their performance rather than changing them.

“They should increase their funding. The Army is very crucial for the Nigerian people.”
[color=#990000][/color][s][/s]
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by saxtaiwo: 3:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Studpid rejig that will never yield anything, probably those there now have had their share of the compensation, let another set be compensated before the clueless leaves office,we'll still have square peg in a round hole. The day I saw someone like akpabio in his cabinet was the day I lost hope on this Fulani man,I can only pray for us not to make another mistake, buhari is a saviour turned to Satan,a moses turned to pharaoh, a deliverer turned to burden. Buhari taught me never to trust anyone in this life, never hope in any politician and he has fully shown that this comedy called naija will never work,let's divide it and go our separate ways.
Re: Suspense Over Looming Cabinet, Security Rejig By Buhari by Bimpe29: 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2020
I'm beginning to feel the presence of Prof Ibrahim Gambari otherwise Buhari doesn't look at the bench for substitute.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ban: Twitter Meets Conditions / Shake Up Looms At DSS As President Buhari Decides Acting DG's Fate. / Fire Guts Canadian Embassy Building In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.