Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,448 members, 7,836,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days (35272 Views)

Kano Gov, Abba Yusuf Sacks Commissioner Who Threatened Tribunal Judges / Makinde Sacks Auxilliary, Other Park Management Chiefs In Oyo / Makinde Sacks SSG, Commissioners, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by oodua1stson: 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2020
OVB123:
Ever since he became governor (over year ago) he hasn't done anything about developments in ibadan and oyo state in general. He better seat up ooh or be voted out soon.
bad belle. odo-ona elewe road and bridge was abandoned for 5 years under APC th big mouth who is in heaven . That's even with the fact that the project was funded by world bank but APC embezzled the money. In just one year in office Seyi Makinde has done it and he did not make noise about it

3 Likes

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by OVB123: 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
2sexycom:
Typical APC rant... what did your Ajimobi do?

Makinde is doing a well...
You know very well that i'm saying the truth, when the tym come we shall no who is saying the truth. Makinde needs to seat up.
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by OVB123: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
muykem:
he needs to change his style of governance. Bread and butter politics will not succeed in Oyo state. Ajimobi has stubbornly raised the standard by which people will measure him.
You have said the truth my friend. Ajimobi will be remembered for good. The present governor needs to step up his performance in office or else he will be removed in office come 2023 general election.
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by oodua1stson: 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
They call Seyi Makinde audio governor because he does not make noise about his government achievement and does not ask to be worshipped by media house like his predecessor who is now in heaven grin

Useless people

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by OVB123: 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bluntemperor:

Engineer Makinde is yet to understand the Oyo State Politics.Though he is a billionaire,but he should make a significant difference so that they remember him for good.He should avoid Politics with bitterness and carry everyone along.Makinde should remember that Ibadan people in particular had the taste of Western Civilization during Chief Awolowo era and nothing short of that standard is expected of his administration!
Well said my friend.
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by OVB123: 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
oodua1stson:
bad belle. odo-ona elewe road and bridge was abandoned for 5 years under APC th big mouth who is in heaven . That's even with the fact that the project was funded by world bank but APC embezzled the money. In just one year in office Seyi Makinde has done it and he did not make noise about it
What has it done in the past one and half year?
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by oodua1stson: 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
OVB123:
What has it done in the past one and half year?
start with what Mr heaven did in 8 years cheesy grin

And before you come up with lies remember I live in Oyo state. if you lie to support Mr heaven you go jam agbako

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by frog12: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
this GOVERNOR is becoming a good MODEL for others !
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Dedetwo(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2020
ntyce:
So good that people are now seeing Seyi Makinde for who he is...

He has done close to nothing since assuming govt.

All projects he claimed to have commissioned were does started by Ajimobi....

Audio governor

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/12104991_img20200811081419_png2ca94d244d386609ea28f1863122d7fa

I do not think he is an "Olodo Ibadan" when dishing body blows to Afonja.
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by dayskid: 1:24pm On Aug 11, 2020
oodua1stson:
They call Seyi Makinde audio governor because he does not make noise about his government achievement and does not ask to be worshipped by media house like his predecessor who is now in heaven grin

Useless people

mumu ni oo...
what about this
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by ctrl09(m): 3:23pm On Aug 11, 2020
TeeBabss:

1- Modern park is under construction
2- Ajimobi wasn't so serious about the Airport/Gbagi.... They're working there everyday now, and they've also extended the reach...
3- I believe in continuity and keeping up with important projects
4- What can u say about Iwo Road-Ibadan North East Secretariat road?

I don't like.the way people are portraying this man as Audio, to some fair extent, I rate him well

Under construction with just demolitions for three months...
I pass through that road under construction every day, during Ajimobi's tenure and post Ajimobi's tenure
It was the same pace of work done for the two....
Iwo rd north east rd has to have three layers because of the purpose of the road... if u can private chat me or give a beep I will give u more insight about those works.
People call him audio governor because he has not really done much.
I reside in Oyo state and I am close to the grassroots

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Geo07: 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
majamajic:
He deserves it , no single project ever since from the works commissioner
I guess you are living in Zambia, not in Ibadan
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by seguno2: 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2020
ntyce:
So good that people are now seeing Seyi Makinde for who he is...

He has done close to nothing since assuming govt.

All projects he claimed to have commissioned were does started by Ajimobi....

Audio governor

To follow your fake news logic, what is Buhari for commissioning projects built by Jonathan to 80% complete, according to his own minister Amaechi?
Audio president

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by seguno2: 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2020
oodua1stson:

In heaven or in hell

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Geo07: 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2020
ctrl09:

Under construction with just demolitions for three months...
I pass through that road under construction every day, during Ajimobi's tenure and post Ajimobi's tenure
It was the same pace of work done for the two....
Iwo rd north east rd has to have three layers because of the purpose of the road... if u can private chat me or give a beep I will give u more insight about those works.
People call him audio governor because he has not really done much.
I reside in Oyo state and I am close to the grassroots
Brother if you are leaving in Oyo state and you didn't see what Seyi Makinde has been doing that means you have been indoor for the past one year. When last have you visited Ibadan - Iseyin road? What of the completion of some the abandoned Ajimobi projects? Do you have any family or friend in the Civil service? Do you have any retiree collecting pensions which Ajimobi previously owed around you?
Maybe you are angry with his progress?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by seguno2: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bluntemperor:
Engineer Makinde is yet to understand the Oyo State Politics.Though he is a billionaire,but he should make a significant difference so that they remember him for good.He should avoid Politics with bitterness and carry everyone along.Makinde should remember that Ibadan people in particular had the taste of Western Civilization during Chief Awolowo era and nothing short of that standard is expected of his administration!

By what percentage did Ajimobi meet up with the standard of Awolowo?
10%, 15%, 57%

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by seguno2: 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
Geo07:

Brother if you are leaving in Oyo state and you didn't see what Seyi Makinde has been doing that means you have been indoor for the past one year. When last have you visited Ibadan - Iseyin road? What of the completion of some the abandoned Ajimobi projects? Do you have any family or friend in the Civil service? Do you have any retiree collecting pensions which Ajimobi previously owed around you?

Can it be that he has been in Covid isolation since last year? grin

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Yorubasarecurse: 4:54pm On Aug 11, 2020
The best governor in the history of Oyo state. The only people opposing him are tinubu's slaves like NGPATRIOT.
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by majamajic(m): 5:23pm On Aug 11, 2020
Geo07:

I guess you are living in Zambia, not in Ibadan

Can u show some of his works in the last 2 months
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Ola14(m): 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
TeeBabss:
People are so funny on this platform, Aswear

Some said Makinde is not doing/constructing anything?
Really?
I entered Ibadan on Sunday and we drove around yesterday, and I can say it anywhere that this man is trying.

Iwo road modern park, Airport road/Welfare/Back of Gbagi Market, Loyola road and that frustrating one-way bridge etc

Don't trust what you read here...some of them have never been to Oyo State
those projects you mentioned have been like that since 2018 all belongs to past administration GSM has not done anything on those projects.

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Ola14(m): 5:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
seguno2:

In heaven or in hell
which of odo ona elewe road? the one awarded about two months ago have been completed? Bros God dey.
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by ctrl09(m): 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2020
Geo07:

If you think I dont reside in Ibadan, you have ma contact. Call me or what's app me for a possible hang out .... my location is Airport Alakia. I am readily available for discussions to share wisdom and knowledge.
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Abdhool(m): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2020
hannysur8:
The Worst Governor in Oyo state history so far, those of you that has never been to Oyo state, please do not allow them to Overhype Seyi Makinde for you,” kosenkankan “ meaning has still has nothing to show till this period

There has never been a best governor in the state...if you claim there is one...then it is your personal opinion.
It is too early to rate his governance
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Pmedia7787: 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2020
ctrl09:
you are the one misled here. Modern park at Iwo road hasn't started and they have 12 months duration, and three months is gone already. Airport rd/welfare/back to gbagi road was Ajimobi project and was sponsored by world bank.

Private chat me for more clarifications 08135673137

You are actually the one who dosnt understand what makinde has been doing

We can meet at ui for a match... Where brains will judge your views

Most of the comments here are from babies
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Pmedia7787: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2020
TeeBabss:

1- Modern park is under construction
2- Ajimobi wasn't so serious about the Airport/Gbagi.... They're working there everyday now, and they've also extended the reach...
3- I believe in continuity and keeping up with important projects
4- What can u say about Iwo Road-Ibadan North East Secretariat road?

I don't like.the way people are portraying this man as Audio, to some fair extent, I rate him well

Bro..just know that most of the people saying audio shit are boys below 30

Meet real men outside these forum to tell the dids, and you will realize you are indeed correct with the Information given

What if he started new bridges and new roads leaving the old ones

See below..eleyele riverside was reconstructed to take in more drains...but the frying pan brain here won't see it

Abandoned cultural centre and 4 star hotel ajacent to premier hotel are been taken over by private sectors

A layer of asphalt was added to gate iwo road..

Akobo road is stopped.. But been rewarded now

Iseyin is about having a better road than what ajimobi started

Oke ogun ,is. Now getting better infrastructure than before

Different farming estates all the way from oyo to okeogun are springing up

All state agencies and ministry are functional now...unlike before

Covide loan for smes nko

If stupidity has taken over so many black men...

I believe some of them can go to the sites below to make verifications

https://www.seyimakinde.com/

2 Likes

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by niyidenrele: 9:33pm On Aug 11, 2020
TeeBabss:
People are so funny on this platform, Aswear

Some said Makinde is not doing/constructing anything?
Really?
I entered Ibadan on Sunday and we drove around yesterday, and I can say it anywhere that this man is trying.

Iwo road modern park, Airport road/Welfare/Back of Gbagi Market, Loyola road and that frustrating one-way bridge etc

Don't trust what you read here...some of them have never been to Oyo State
am based in Ibadan, and you, where are you located?

1 Like

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by Oluwaseyi456(m): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2020
Most of u pple didn't live in Oyo state, Oluwaseyi Makinde is trying to restructure Oyo state at large.ilove him
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by woodsbeatrice30: 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2020
ctrl09:

If you think I dont reside in Ibadan, you have ma contact. Call me or what's app me for a possible hang out .... my location is Airport Alakia. I am readily available for discussions to share wisdom and knowledge.

You see when you people talk at times,It makes me wonder if you are not coming from a place of politics or a place of facts..If it were to be facts..I can say it confidently that seyi has even surpassed Ajimobi's first year..And below are the facts and not lies nor propaganda..

1..He procured 100police cars in the state..This is something one can see with his or her eyes..They are parked everywhere in the city and most especially in Ibadan..In Nigeria I think it is only Lagos and Abuja that has RRS together with Oyo..You can reach the police over the phone on 615 or so..Ajimobi did not even buy 100cars in his first year..Also,the siting of a mobile police squadron at Ago-Are to nab kidnappings and stuffs in the bud. There is the link below if you are not convinced

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/no-hiding-place-for-criminals-says-makinde-gives-police-100-patrol-vehicles/

2. Infrastructure...The Moniya-Iseyin road...The 65KM Moniya Iseyin road was a total and complete eyesore before he came in..In the twilight of Ajimobi's administration..The road was awarded by the contractor could not do shitt..As in he even had to go award it to someone else.. grin..Seyi had to cancel it and reaward to a competent contractor.. Ajimobi did not even award a 65KM road in his first year..Kopek constructions who are right now on it and should be finishing by November/December..You should go visit that place..When it is finished,Food will be cheaper in Oyo state..The people of Oke ogun are all praying for Seyi... Below is another link to in case you dont see it or dont know..

https://guardian.ng/news/oyo-state-governor-seyi-makinde-kicks-off-n9-9-million-moniya-ijaye-iseyin-road/

3..construction of the 21km Ajia-Airport-New Ife Expressway Road, in Ajia town with spur to Amuloko..The road construction which was started last week is among the roads to be taken care of by seyi..The Ibadan circular road project envisioned by Ladoja 15years ago that Ajimobi's ENL could not do are all to be started this year..Below is also a link...These are facts and not hearsays

https://www.von.gov.ng/airport-governor-makinde-kicks-off-construction-of-road-network/

Or what about the massive interchange/Bus terminals construction that is already in place at Iwo road and others..Or the civil servants and others doing well and enjoying..Pensioners..yet Ajimobi claimed their is no money,yet he was having more kings in Ibadan yet he claimed their are no money to pay civil servants and pensioners..

Shioor
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by woodsbeatrice30: 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2020
majamajic:

Can u show some of his works in the last 2 months

You see when you people talk at times,It makes me wonder if you are not coming from a place of politics or a place of facts..If it were to be facts..I can say it confidently that seyi has even surpassed Ajimobi's first year..And below are the facts and not lies nor propaganda..

1..He procured 100police cars in the state..This is something one can see with his or her eyes..They are parked everywhere in the city and most especially in Ibadan..In Nigeria I think it is only Lagos and Abuja that has RRS together with Oyo..You can reach the police over the phone on 615 or so..Ajimobi did not even buy 100cars in his first year..Also,the siting of a mobile police squadron at Ago-Are to nab kidnappings and stuffs in the bud. There is the link below if you are not convinced

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria/national/no-hiding-place-for-criminals-says-makinde-gives-police-100-patrol-vehicles/

2. Infrastructure...The Moniya-Iseyin road...The 65KM Moniya Iseyin road was a total and complete eyesore before he came in..In the twilight of Ajimobi's administration..The road was awarded by the contractor could not do shitt..As in he even had to go award it to someone else.. grin..Seyi had to cancel it and reaward to a competent contractor.. Ajimobi did not even award a 65KM road in his first year..Kopek constructions who are right now on it and should be finishing by November/December..You should go visit that place..When it is finished,Food will be cheaper in Oyo state..The people of Oke ogun are all praying for Seyi... Below is another link to in case you dont see it or dont know..

https://guardian.ng/news/oyo-state-governor-seyi-makinde-kicks-off-n9-9-million-moniya-ijaye-iseyin-road/

3..construction of the 21km Ajia-Airport-New Ife Expressway Road, in Ajia town with spur to Amuloko..The road construction which was started last week is among the roads to be taken care of by seyi..The Ibadan circular road project envisioned by Ladoja 15years ago that Ajimobi's ENL could not do are all to be started this year..Below is also a link...These are facts and not hearsays

https://www.von.gov.ng/airport-governor-makinde-kicks-off-construction-of-road-network/

Or what about the massive interchange/Bus terminals construction that is already in place at Iwo road and others..Or the civil servants and others doing well and enjoying..Pensioners..yet Ajimobi claimed their is no money,yet he was having more kings in Ibadan yet he claimed their are no money to pay civil servants and pensioners..

Shioor
Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by NGpatriot: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2020
WandaNara:
GSM the peoples governor... Thanks for managing the covid brouhaha well in Oyo state.

Unlike the clueless stooge in Ogun state

The Covid cases in Oyo state almost double what they have in Ogun state.

Ignorance and lazy Nigerian youths are like brothers and sisters.

The useless clown in Oyo state is the most incompetent governor in Nigeria, even worse than the useless one in Abia..

Re: Makinde Sacks Raphael Afonja, Commissioner Who Treated COVID-19 For 52 Days by NGpatriot: 10:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
To start with, you can not sack people while they are sick or on any kind of disability, it is wrong, it is immoral and grossly unjust.

His department can function and run itself with his deputy and other key staff members while he's out sick, even the governor's COC can temporarily supervise that ministry.

The man should sue because this is a winning lawsuit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between 'Gift' And 'Bribe' - Ben Murray-Bruce Asks / Fani Kayode Congratulates Adeleke As Tribunal Declares Him As The Winner / Poor Attendance As Ekweremadu Leads Plenary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.