Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles (51623 Views)

#bbnaija: Gedoni Crying Over Eviction Of Kim, Khafi Consoling Him (photo) / BBNaija: The Moment Frodd Was At The Peak Of His Crying / BBNaija: Teddy A Crying After Bambam's Eviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Liposure: 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2021
Crying is a talent on its own that only a few Nigerian actors can actually pull off without making things look forced.
By Ghaniyah Olowoyo

In the past, people wondered how actors pulled off crying scenes. It was clearly beyond secretly squeezing few drops of water on their faces to form tears.

This shows that crying is one skill or talent that only a few actors can actually accomplish without making things look forced.

For this list, we’ll be looking at the top six Nigerian actors with the most realistic cries in the business.

Our countdown includes Nkiru Slyvanus, Bukunmi Oluwashina, Lateef Adedimeji, and more.

Nkiru Sylvanus
If you ever saw Andy Ameachi’s movie,‘ A cry for help’ part 1-3 (2002), you will understand why this 38-year-old actress who started acting at 17 earned a spot on our list.

Shortly after the film was released, she earned a reputation as the ‘crying mama’ of Nollywood as her illustrious roles required her to shed tears all the time.

A few years back, she disclosed the secret to her famous tear-dropping ability in her movies:

“The concentration comes to you and then the tears follow,” she explained.

Nollywood makes a lot of emotional movies since sad stories sell a lot and Sylvanus, who abandoned a medical career cut short by circumstances she couldn’t control, remains unrivaled as Nollywood’s crying queen.

Lateef Adedimeji
The first thing that struck viewers about the actor who shot to fame after starred in Yewande Adekoya’s 2013 flick, “Kudi Klepto” was that he bore a striking resemblance with popular actor, Odunlade Adekola.

The semblance was so uncanny that a lot of people mistook him to be the latter’s brother.

Before anyone could realise how much of a star Adedimeji would later become, it was already obvious that the new guy could cry. To satisfy his fan’s curiosity, the actor and singer made a video on Instagram, showing how easily the tears come to him.

He earned himself the nicknames, “crying machine” and “Lord of tears” because of this rare ability.

So far, in more than half of the films he has appeared in, Adedimeji has proven that if there should be an award for Nigeria’s best crying actor, he would not be rivaled.

Bukunmi Oluwashina
This talented actress and voice-over artiste obviously has a thing for emotional and tear-jerking movies.

Most of the films she produced have her playing emotional roles like being a blind girl, being afflicted with epilepsy, losing her voice or her legs, or finding herself in an abusive marriage.

The Ekiti-born actress does have this dramatic way of provoking her viewer to tears. It’s effortless for her and very believable.

Adesua Etomi-Wellington
From “Knocking on Heaven’s Door”, to “Falling”, Adesua entered the industry with rather strong emotions and literally speaking, so many ‘tears’.

Having trained primarily in theatre and performing arts, Adesua is unarguably a brilliant actor. She is also natural with her abilities to interpret and define emotions perfectly with her facial expressions and especially with tears when she has to.

When a Twitter user asked her in 2018 how she pulls of the crying roles perfectly, the “Wedding Party” actress said she puts herself in the headspace of the character she has to play.

Hilda Dokubo
A veteran and an amazing actress, Bimbo Akintola can seamlessly pull off any role given to her, whether in English or in Yoruba.

When she cries in movies, she has a certain facial expression that breaks your heart before her tears even begin to fall. In a 2016 interview, she explained how tears and crying come so easy to her.

“I cry out of frustration. When I am upset, I cry. I am one of those people that cry easily because I am a very passionate and emotional person. If I am frustrated, I can cry. If I am angry and you ask me to explain myself, I would cry, I am that kind of person; so I cry regularly,” she said.

Tunbosun Odusin
If you do not know Tunbosun Odusin you obviously aren’t an avid Yoruba film lover.

The 78-year-old actor who has been acting for over 50 years is known for acting tragic roles with convincing tears that would evoke the emotions of the cruelest of men.

Despite his age, the veteran filmmaker still plays the emotional roles he is known for and cannot be easily forgotten as the man that triggered so many emotions in viewers for many years.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/nollywood/457334-six-nigerian-actors-who-flawlessly-pull-off-crying-roles.html

25 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Bornsinner7: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
Leave am for ble-ble

Best in crying

162 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Babysho(m): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
Where is Ayade the greatest crying actor of them all?? grin

Where is Kogi Health Commissioner?

Where is Honorable Desmond Idiot?

246 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by snowland(m): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
Those ones got a PhD in Cryinyology. Especially that one they call Nkiru.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Franzinni: 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
cheesy
Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by saphiere(f): 5:04pm On Apr 25, 2021
Nkiru Sylvanus and Hilda Dokubo are the only ones on this list. The rest are just, the FUTURE is FEMALE anyway.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by bunnae(f): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hilda and ble ble that year

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by EyezofGod120: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
grin dat last man fit cry for Africa

114 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by dxk57: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
opps
Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Bar1941(m): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
Nothing wey Fulani herdmen no go see inside kidnapping!

See the kind news on nairaland Frontpage? I no know who dem cry cry help.

2 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Queenserah26(f): 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2021
All correct grin

2 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by N3wman: 5:05pm On Apr 25, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Macadamemmy(m): 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
Where you put Iya Rainbow?
Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by nenyeRitta(f): 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
nkiru Sylvanus can cry

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by bestabigaelever(f): 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lateef is the baddest when it comes to crying o

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Oladipo1166(m): 5:06pm On Apr 25, 2021
Before I open the thread I already knew latif will be there, the guy normally cry like mumu

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by veekid(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lateef is a crying machine

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Indispensable85(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
Hilda Dokubo is the queen of tears. She cries effortlessly.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by officialmario(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
Crying is also a talent.... kudos to them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Judee99(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
If BuBu was an actor, he will be either Kanayo o Kanayo, or segun arinze

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
I knew Lateef would be on the list.

8 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Adeyinka12(m): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
Tunbosun Odusin should top the list, that man eenh ! and you go they follow am cry if care is not taken.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Kenturkey048(m): 5:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
Babysho:
Where is Ayade the greatest crying actor of them all?? grin

Leave my governor oooh....if na to speak big grammar...the niggar get A1..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by mayskit4luv(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Orion01(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Mercy Johnson

6 Likes

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by alizma: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
The moment I saw the topic, the first person on my mind is the first on the list.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by Lilphat: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Really
Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by DivineDynamics: 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Let us make our ways right.

Jesus Christ is the way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Nigerian Actors Who Flawlessly Pull Off Crying Roles by codedlee(m): 5:09pm On Apr 25, 2021
Pete edochie own cry na like his son yul.. They go blink eyes like 100times per second

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#BBNaija: Alex Had An Abortion At 16 In SS3. Sandra Asogwa Confesses / Best Site For Downloading Movie And TV Series(high Quality, HD) / Black Panther: The 11 African Tribes, Cultures Featured (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.