Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG (22005 Views)

Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns - Senator Nwoko / Yul Edochie Begs FG: Release Kanu And Igboho; Follow Line Of Peace, Dialogue / FRSC To Carry Guns – House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by omenka(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2020
The same way responsible citizens are our elected leaders, right?

How do you tell who is responsible and who isn't? How do you measure it? What indices would be used?

Another plot by the elite to arm themselves against those whom they've turned to criminals by looting their future away? Ortom, you're a sick crook. Six years and not a squat to show for your stewardship.

Most useless governor known to mankind.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 13, 2020
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by omenka(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
And what is the real definition of responsible citizens?

Majority of Nigerian citizens have been rendered irresponsible by the actions and activities of our leaders. I’m afraid to say sanity has almost eluded us in Nigeria.

Let us use our police as case study, aren’t they responsible enough before joining the force and handed guns?
After being handed guns, can you see how responsible they are now?
God bless you.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Dayoebe(m): 7:51am On Aug 13, 2020
It may increase insecurity. Don't you think so?
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by omenka(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The problem is that we will misuse the gun.

That is when you see father killing children, wife killing husband and siblings killing themselves with these guns.

The best solution is to prevent guns entering the country and the herdsmen maurauding our society.

Don’t let us introduce a disaster to curb menace
Nigerians generally arent responsible enough to bear arms.

You go see where person go shoot another person wey him girlfriend cheat with.

Ortom is a fool.

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Kiezodumah(m): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2020
Igbochief001:

Person with means of livelyhood and no past criminal record

So how can we track someone without a past criminal record in this kwantry
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Amotolongbo(f): 7:55am On Aug 13, 2020
omenka:
God bless you.
Amen bro.
And you too

The only sensible APC follower I know on this forum

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by honestlyman: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The problem is that we will misuse the gun.

That is when you see father killing children, wife killing husband and siblings killing themselves with these guns.

The best solution is to prevent guns entering the country and the herdsmen maurauding our society.

Don’t let us introduce a disaster to curb menace
i support what you said, you can trust a Nigeria we don't carry guns yet youth are killing them self in the name of cult

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by hardbody: 7:57am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
And what is the real definition of responsible citizens?

Majority of Nigerian citizens have been rendered irresponsible by the actions and activities of our leaders. I’m afraid to say sanity has almost eluded us in Nigeria.

Let us use our police as case study, aren’t they responsible enough before joining the force and handed guns?
After being handed guns, can you see how responsible they are now?

If you are not responsible enough to own and carry a gun, I am. Even the people you talked about have matchetes and other modes of killing themselves so it's not about guns. The robber in traffic will think twice if he believes another person may be carrying a gun in that traffic. The maurauders will not rob with reckless abandon if they know they may be repelled and lose lives too. When do you think government will curb the menace of banditry and BH? When we are all dead?

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Amotolongbo(f): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2020
omenka:

Ortom is a fool.
It was a foolish idea. And he doesn’t know that he is digging his grave.

If Nigerians were allowed to carry guns, does Ortom think he would be alive today? He would probably have been shot before now.

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Amotolongbo(f): 7:59am On Aug 13, 2020
hardbody:

If you are not responsible enough to own and carry a gun, I am.
You have obviously shown the exact symptom of irresponsibility. If you were responsible, you wouldn’t respond like that

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2020
I need gun
All the politicians won't be safe
One bullet 4 one

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by hardbody: 8:02am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
You have obviously shown the exact symptom of irresponsibility. If you were responsible, you wouldn’t respond like that

Responsibility is defined as conceding to you even when you are not making sense. Welcome Mr. Responsibility.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Kiezodumah(m): 8:03am On Aug 13, 2020
omenka:

Ortom is a fool.

I wouldn't say he is a fool. U don't know how painful it is to see the lives of ur people destroyed helplessly.
The Nigerian laws and entire architecture favour a certain region so much that it overtly impedes and undermines the development/ progress of other regions.
Even in developed nations where arms ownership are regulated, there are cases of violent and sporadic shootings let alone in a country such as ours where almost everyone is looking out for such an opportunity - it wud lead to another civil war.
The governor was just being passionate for a drastic and permanent solution to the crisis threatening the lives and existence of his people.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by BigBashiru: 8:03am On Aug 13, 2020
omenka:

Ortom is a fool.

Well said

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by omenka(m): 8:05am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It was a foolish idea. And he doesn’t know that he is digging his grave.

If Nigerians were allowed to carry guns, does Ortom think he would be alive today? He would probably have been shot before now.
Exactly!! I'm feeling himself and his family would be the first to be killed. You need to see what him, his younger brothers, the wife, her younger brothers, and the wife's brother inlaw are doing in Makurdi. They've bought over every damn property of worth.

It is an in-your-face kleptocracy going on there! cry
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by hardbody: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2020
There is wisdom in the suggestion. When I first applied for a licence, I recall being asked what I do and to show proof. The police then said some professionals like us could actually qualify. So responsibility could be ascribed to some people based on a number of yardsticks

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by 15ssDRIVE(m): 8:06am On Aug 13, 2020
Na so ....
Marvin Gaye take ,buy gun give his mom...... history say na the same Gun,him papa take Kill am.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:07am On Aug 13, 2020
see wahala o and who do you think is not responsible?
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by hardbody: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2020
omenka:
Exactly!! I'm feeling himself and his family would be the first to be killed. You need to see what him, his younger brothers, the wife, her younger brothers, and the wife's brother inlaw are doing in Makurdi. They've bought over every damn property of worth.

The more reason people should be given the leverage to finish him off. When leaders know that they can be taken out at random, they will adjust.

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Amotolongbo(f): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2020
hardbody:

Responsibility is defined as conceding to you even when you are not making sense. Welcome Mr. Responsibility.
The responsible ones have demonstrated their abilities while reading the post.

Be a responsible young man!
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by omenka(m): 8:09am On Aug 13, 2020
Kiezodumah:

I wouldn't say he is a fool. U don't know how painful it is to see the lives of ur people destroyed helplessly.
The Nigerian laws and entire architecture favour a certain region so much that it overtly impedes and undermines the development/ progress of other regions.
Even in developed nations where arms ownership are regulated, there are cases of violent and sporadic shootings let alone in a country such as ours where almost everyone is looking out for such an opportunity - it wud lead to another civil war.
The governor was just being passionate for a drastic and permanent solution to the crisis threatening the lives and existence of his people.
You're very funny. Do you have any idea the lives Ortom has destroyed? You know the number of people he's rendered homeless because of his insatiable greed to acquire the entire prime real estate in the state? The other day, his bulldozers, out to make way for him to build a school in Mid Way Inn, took down the house of an eighth five year old woman. What about pensioners he's not paid for over a year?

Except you have no idea who that man is. He is a bloody demon. His wickedness is beyond belief.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by SaintAkon(m): 8:11am On Aug 13, 2020
Another menace don land be that
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by omenka(m): 8:12am On Aug 13, 2020
hardbody:

The more reason people should be given the leverage to finish him off. When leaders know that they can be taken out at random, they will adjust.
Make no mistakes. By the time they're done making the laws to allow people bear arms, their definition of a responsible citizen would be the Rich and Powerful only!

You don't know how devious these crooks are.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Amotolongbo(f): 8:16am On Aug 13, 2020
omenka:

Robbing people’s property with pen and power is a slow killing and more fatal than killing them with gun. Cos the former kills slowly and drains one’s resources from sickness arisen.

Don’t cry bro, Ortom’s term shall pass.

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by kingthreat(m): 8:16am On Aug 13, 2020
Ikeast:
Ak47 is meant for operation..
pistol mm should be legalize self defence,ASAP..........

Problem is gun crime in Nigeria will increase x10. Your angry neighbor who has a gun may pull the trigger someday and start blaming devil.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by Orjivictory15: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2020
Why always ak-47 like terrorist
Pistol is okay
Abeg �
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by hardbody: 8:19am On Aug 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The responsible ones have demonstrated their abilities while reading the post.

Be a responsible young man!

I have since moved on sir. I am not one to try and get into a mould because you think or say so. If responsibility is defined in the manner you have put it, I will rather remain irresponsible.
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by 2cribz: 8:22am On Aug 13, 2020
AK 47 is too big and useless. Military style mac 10 on a supressor. You are as good as dead. Anybody look me wrong.im gunning you down. Time to get bullet proofs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQyUk1gVVGs

Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by adebayo4uc6h6: 8:26am On Aug 13, 2020
Hmmmm shocked shocked
Re: Let ‘Responsible Citizens’ Carry Guns – Ortom Begs FG by kareemkamil(m): 8:28am On Aug 13, 2020
We've not gotten to the stage sir

FUTO Sues ASUU Over Pantami’s Professorship / Supreme Court Sacks Herman Hembe, APC House Of Reps Member / Presidential Election: Will Supreme Court Do Justice Just Like In Kenya? - Dino