Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,182 members, 7,860,243 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja (39480 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Two Traditional Rulers In Imo / Governor Obiano Gifts Innoson Ikenga Jeeps To All Traditional Rulers In Anambra / Arthur Eze Vs Obiano: Arthur On The Run As Obiano Suspends Igwe Ukwulu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Pigmy(m): 11:20am On Aug 13, 2020
dirtydiva:
Is like your village king dey the list, dont worry is a matter of 1 yr he will lift their suspension, greedy traditional rurals disgracing themselves since 21 century. To see a country president without the approval of the state govt who gave them certificate of authority in their various domain hv bcom a norm bah... See how Ukpo billionaire man made them useless because of money

Greedy , political Igwes.

Let the suspension transit to outright expulsion
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by BabaRamota1980: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2020
tchaik:

Mr. Man take corrections when freely given. I know about this since my history days at senior high school. What do they teach in school these days? He is right. 120 years ago, there's nothing like Eze or Igwe title 'properly so called' in ala Igbo.

Igwe is a bloody WO II
Eze is a WO I
Maazi is WO I at junior level
Ogbuefi is an ordinary WO

This is the order left by colonial government. Before that Ibo had autonomous settlements of few family clans living together in a settlement. The autonomous villages exist as an ancient custom and survived till today.

Urbanized societies have kings. Ibo has never been urban community builders.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 13, 2020
ladidacanon:
it's just childish to call someone a child when been corrected for your ignorance bra.

Mr go and do your homework well. I don't discuss issues like this with children who have no strong historical backings that will just come and re-echo what they heard and explain it out of context.

Many Igbo towns have kings before the British arrived..

Do your homework well and stop carrying ignorance around.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2020
tchaik:

Mr. Man take corrections when freely given. I know about this since my history days at senior high school. What do they teach in school these days? He is right. 120 years ago, there's nothing like Eze or Igwe title 'properly so called' in ala Igbo.

Illiteracy is a disease and ignorance worst in history.

Imagine how confident you are propagating ignorance instead sitting down and doing research.

Before the British arrived over 120 years, many Igbo towns have kings...Go and do your homework well and not what my teacher told me..

No wonder scholars said that half Education is dangerous...

There exist kings in many towns in Ana-Igbo before the arrival of British.

Ignorance is a disease but you can still learn and heal yourself.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 13, 2020
Sanchez01:

You were making sense until you ruined it with your last paragraph.

There are classes of Obas or Kings. The Igwe title in Igboland will pass as Baálè or some third class king title in the West and South. Why? Most of the first class king titles had long been in existence before the formation of Nigeria and long before the system of government we adopted came into being. It is why most first class stools are revered and greatly feared.

NO GOVERNOR IN THE WEST WILL TALK RECKLESSLY AT THE OONIRSA, let alone Oyetola of Osun State as a sitting governor. And none will dare the Aláàfin of Ọ̀yọ́, except a fellow first class king in a scuffle with him as is the case between the late Ooni and the current Aláàfin. The same applies to the Ọba of Benin. As crazy and destructive as Obaseki is, he wouldn't dare talk in a condescending manner at the Ọba, let alone ever dream of suspending the Ọba, just because he is the "state government".

Does that mean he can't? Heck, no. He can but he wouldn't dream of it. All he can do, at best is cook a cold War and that's it.

As for the Emir, the status has been abused greatly. Unfortunately for Sanusi, he was rewarded with the position and it was wrestled out of his grip same way.

I don't understand the story of the Sultans and won't dabble into that with my limited knowledge in that aspect, but I sure as hell believe the Sultan is not under the control of the Local government.

Unlike the first class Kings of the South South and South West, the Emir, today, is more of a manager while the formers are regarded as custodians, reincarnated gods and divine beings.

First class Kings wield an unbelievable amount of power over vast areas, including multiple local governments. That of the Ooni transcends beyond Ifẹ̀ and even Osun State and that of the Aláàfin runs across the entire Ọ̀yọ́ State. The Ọba of Benin, I'm sure you know.

Please get it today, the kingship of first class Kings IS NOT UNDER THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AUTHORITY. They are answerable to their State government who doesn't have any outright control over them. There is more to this than what applies with Igboland.

Even the person you quoted made more sense than you while you are here dancing unclad with ignorance.

Ooni of Ife..his rule pass that side
Àlaafin his rule pass Oyo
Oba his rule pass Bini..

All of them are now under Government and have no power whatsoever and can be insulted as has been done in the past..

It is the people who protects their traditional institution not school.

Pls even the person you quoted with his short response has more integrity than u.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Bigii(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2020
Igwe wey every street get for south east. Who take Igwe serious.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
IJOBA2:
WHERE IS CHIEF AUSTIN NDIGWE, EZE UZU OF AWKA

He is an Impostor, not recognized by Govt. Reason why his name is Missing.

Rtd Air Marshal Gibson Nwosu is the authentic King of Awka recognized by Govt
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by DeRay98(m): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2020
helinues:

Must the Igwes seek governor's permission before traveling outside of the state?

Ayam not understanding
You no understanding because you no read the full story.
They were recommended for disciplinary action by the Council of traditional rulers of the state, headed by Obi of Onitsha.
Go and read it again.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by prophetfire: 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2020
IJOBA2:
He didnt go with them. An impostor ( a chief)from awka went as the traditional ruler.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by prophetfire: 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:
Obiano is a clown and not only a clown but a fool.

Those traditional ruler for whatsoever reason, do not owe obiano any explanation or any loyalty.

before he became governor, they are there and will be there when he leaves. this is not less than been power drunk and autocractic

what sort of explanation do obiano want the traditional rulers to give him.......are they juvenile who owe obligations to their parents..

even if they collect money and count it in market places, that's not Obiano's business...
you are wrong. By law they are answerable to Obiano. He can dethrone and banish them as was done to my guy, the emir of kano.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by prophetfire: 12:12pm On Aug 13, 2020
helinues:

Must the Igwes seek governor's permission before traveling outside of the state?

Ayam not understanding
Yes. By law and code of conduct. It was pure rebellion on their part and the occupy the throne at the pleasure of the governor. He can dethrone them.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Blakenails(m): 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Those traditional ruler for whatsoever reason, do not owe obiano any explanation or any loyalty.

before he became governor, they are there and will be there when he leaves. this is not less than been power drunk and autocractic

what sort of explanation do obiano want the traditional rulers to give him.......are they juvenile who owe obligations to their parents..

even if they collect money and count it in market places, that's not Obiano's business...
Closed your dirty mouth are you sure reading and comprehension was part of your curriculum in secondary school. I was unable to ignore your stupidity.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by OfoIgbo: 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
leicestercamper:

Chike, Austin is never an Igwe in Awka, he is not considered as an Igwe in the first place, that's why his name is not there.

His alias is Uzu Awka. Let's hope this episode teaches him a lesson.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Biggers82(m): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You are an idiot just short up Ewu what do you know
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by InvertedHammer: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hedonisco:

I'm not sure the money was the motive. Even N2m is piss change for any traditional ruler in Anambra to hustle for.
/
Most of them there (if not all) are already on the payroll of Arthur Ezeh. One in particular stated a few years back that he got N50m from Arthur. Like in the mafia movies, they owe him.

/
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by megama: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2020
EagleNest:
Some people above do not understand how this thing works. Learn from Sanusi vs Ganduje saga. The governor welds so much power on who becomes Igwe, Emir or Oba. The staff of office comes from state government and they can sack as well. You can't gallivant to Aso Rock as a group of Igwes from a particular state without checking with the leader of the traditional Igwes or commissioner in charge of chieftaincy in the state. Unless you are going as an individual on private visit. That's why Buhari didn't give them attention. Try this nonsense in Lagos state and you're gone.
Always Remember that king Ship, That is traditional institution have been existing before the advent of you white man Governorship. Black Man. Haa always continue reasoning like goats. Always embodied by over selfishness. One day. The prime minister of England will detrone the Queen.
Loll Block minds
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by basybasy: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
Danniscott:
Obiano Slams one-year Suspension on 12 Traditional Rulers

By James Eze

The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has placed one year suspension on the 12 Igwes who went on an ill-advised trip to Abuja without consultation or approval from the Government of Anambra State.

Announcing the suspension in a circular titled “Suspension of Twelve (12) Traditional Rulers in Anambra State,” and dated Tuesday August 11, 2020, the Commissioner for Local Government, Chieftaincy and Community Affairs, Mr. Greg Obi listed the affected traditional rulers as follows -
1. Igwe Alex Edozieuno of Mkpunando
2. Igwe Mark Anthony Okonkwo of Alor
3. Igwe Chukuwma Bob Vincent Orji of Ezinifite
4. Igwe Engr G.B.C Mbakwe of Abacha
5. Igwe Chijioke Nwankwo of Nawfia
6. Igwe Nkeli Nelly of Igbariam
7. Igwe Anthony Onyekwere of Owelle
8. Igwe A. N Onwuneme of Ikenga
9. Igwe Simon Ikechukwu Chidubem of Umumbo
10. Igwe S. O Uche of Ezira
11. Igwe Dr Emeka Ilouno of Ifitedunu
12. Igwe Peter Ikegbunem Udoji of Eziagulu Otu.

The suspension took effect from Tuesday, August 11, 2020.

The circular warned the suspended traditional rulers not to parade themselves as traditional rulers and desist from discharging their functions as traditional rulers in their communities or anywhere within the state and beyond with immediate effect.

The circular also revoked their membership of Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council and cancelled any appointment they may be holding in government committees until the suspension is lifted.

The suspension may be lifted at the end of one year, renewed or upgraded in the intervening period depending on government’s review of the conduct of the errant royal fathers.

The suspension of the Igwes followed the recommendation of their colleagues in the Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council after their meeting at Prof Dora Akunyili Women Development Center Awka on Tuesday which took umbrage at the public conduct of the 12 Igwes that has been generating negative reviews in the media in the past one week.

The Anambra State Traditional Rulers Council led by the Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnaemeka Achebe had strongly condemned the ill-fated trip of the rebellious traditional rulers who were lured to Abuja by a controversial billionaire on a chest-thumping mission to demonstrate his ambition to turn Anambra State into his private fiefdom.

In leaving their respective domains without notifying either the state or their respective local governments, the traditional rulers had violated the code of conduct prescribed for their office.

It would be recalled that the Traditional Ruler of Ukwulu, Igwe Peter Uyanwa had similarly been suspended for a similar misconduct the previous week.
Suspending your traditional rulers is not new to us. We have not seen an ibo person that have respect.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Ejanla07: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2020
tchaik:

you are so ignorant
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Op80: 2:47pm On Aug 13, 2020
Igwe Chukwuma Bob Orji I hail you oh! That's how the cookie crumbled. Well done ezinifite Aguata.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by DrObum(m): 2:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
IJOBA2:
He was never a traditional ruler.

They no get time for imposters.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by jaggabban: 3:34pm On Aug 13, 2020
Ategberoson:

so Nnamdi KANU that told you clowns not to vote and later tell you to vote is what?

just look at Abia State, I don't expect you people to be bragging on foolishness
Abia is the worst state in Nigeria. I passed through it for 1year during my nysc.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by comodo: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Certificate of authority that became relevant as from when?

That institution has been there before the arrival of British government.

If any should sanction them, it is the people, council of elders and the town they rule and not Obiano govt arrogating the monopoly of wisdom to himself.

The real disgrace here is the state governor playing petty politics..

The monarchs doesn't need obianos' validation to collect money from anyone.

The staff of office is always from the state government. Thats the only way the state recognizes and deals with them as the leader of their respective communities. One can still be the traditional ruler of his town, but without staff of office from the state, your chiefdom only ends within your domain. You cannot be addressed and recognized as an igwe within the gathering of all Igwes.

Right now they are only Igwe within their domain. Nothing more. The cannot attend any council of Igwes meeting anywhere within Anambra state. Government will start dealing with the towns President General.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by akigbemaru: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2020
Tkester:
Very good! Arthur Eze should know that we are not like the Afonjazees were one man will be playing king. Our people are thorough bred republicans.

Go Obiano, go!
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Samfloxin(m): 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2020
Is04970:

Face your problem in the cursed erosion ridden redmudland and leave Yoruba out of your misery.
You have obviously not visited the east for the first time in your life. Leave Ogbomosho, you no gree. Ike gwuru.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Nnamdinaija(m): 4:25pm On Aug 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Be wise before you post. We know that some of those Traditional leaders were there before Obiano was elected but they are democratic traditional leaders, hence they are answerable to the Governor of Anambra state.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Stanweezy(m): 5:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
OneDollarSalary:

What happened? How come an Igwe disappear without trace for good 9 years

Or he was abducted and later killed by rivals?

Probably abducted, the throne has been vacant and can only be occupied if proven the Igwe is dead
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by mamatwiny(f): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hmm
These politicians have messed up our traditional leadership. I didn't know a time will come when Igwe's will have to be at the mercy of governors.

There is no how I would have guessed that Obiano, who is a core traditionalist can be found doing this great abuse. I laughed when it was happening in Kano, not knowing that it will soon be the other of the day here. Shame ! A big shame!!

Edited
Now I understand it. It was recommended by the igwes headed by Obi Achebe. Willie won't just be rascal to do that without their recommendations cos he knows the implications.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You lack sense
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by achierosion(m): 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
leicestercamper:
[s][/s]

This useless abakaleke miscreant, why not face your dwarf gov in abakaleke.
The drunkard is dancing egwusurugedee... Never mind u are not Igbo.
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by leicestercamper: 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
Your Useless frustrated vagabond Umahi is a dwarf. Ebonyi people are not even igbos, the reason igbos treat ebonyi people like shit. Hahahaha

[s]
achierosion:
The drunkard is dancing egwusurugedee... Never mind u are not Igbo.
[/s]
Re: Obiano Suspends 12 Traditional Rulers In Anambra Who Travelled To Abuja by achierosion(m): 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2020
leicestercamper:
Your Useless frustrated vagabond Umahi is a dwarf. Ebonyi people are not even igbos, the reason igbos treat ebonyi people like shit. Hahahaha

[s][/s]
hahahahagrin

E pain am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi Tribunal Discourse: Yahaya Bello Is Technically Out / Francis Mmegbuanaeze Dies In His Sleep / Omosede Igbinedion Shades Ex-Husband, Prince Akenzua, On Father's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.