Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) (21688 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Arsenal: 48% (73 votes)
Barcelona: 46% (70 votes)
Draw: 4% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

PSG Vs Chelsea : UCL (2 - 1) On 16th February 2016 / Preston Vs Manchester United FA Cup (1 - 3) On 16th February 2015 / Arsenal Vs Everton Fc On Tuesday Feb 1st, 2011 (2-1 Final Score) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by FBS: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2011
topeorekoy:

@ cougar, tell me one match that barca has played without not having the lion share of the possession? No team can stand Barca, JM with his star studded Madrid and his defensive strategy went home with 5 goals.Arsenal would have survived this match if they have a mean defence but they don't av.
but he (JM) defeated them with Inter. Blasted them away!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by usbcable(m): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2011
topeorekoy:

I want a one week injury for messi and villa and another one week injury during the return leg. That's the only way we can win. This match is beyond us. I don't want too much injuries for barca cos I need them to help me beat madrid again
gutless man.
1-0 and you have lost hope already. How many teams has played barca this much? Infinitesimal. Worse still you think its until someone is destroyed before you succeed, why want i njury for messi. And to top it wetin concern Real inside this matter? You no get shame at all.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Cougar2: 9:38pm On Feb 16, 2011
topeorekoy:

@ cougar, tell me one match that barca has played without not having the lion share of the possession? No team can stand Barca, JM with his star studded Madrid and his defensive strategy went home with 5 goals.Arsenal would have survived this match if they have a mean defence but they don't av.

if no team can stand barca in possession football, why then is arsene wenger playing to barca's strength? arsenal have never beaten barcelona before. chelsea have beaten them, man utd have beaten them, liverpool have beaten them. only arsenal keep falling like a pack of cards trying to beat a team better than them tactically and technically.

dayokanu:

Where is the beautifool football they keep telling us about

arsenal don't play beautiful football.  far from it. look at the chances barcelona have missed compared to the hit/miss arsenal have missed. messi also scored a genuine goal ruled offside by a linesman.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by tubabie(f): 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
chamotex:

You cant attack Barca and win  - very unlikely.
You can only park the bus and hope for the best.
Any manager with half a brain should know this.

Tell Arsene, that man is just so stubborn!
Van Persie needs to wake up, he's been missing cool chances.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by duduspace(m): 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
There is no shame in losing to a team that blasted Real Madrid 5 - 0, as long as the boys compete no one will complain.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by chamotex(m): 9:40pm On Feb 16, 2011
A twitter post: "You could turn the floodlights off and Barcelona players would still find each other. Mesmerising possession."
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Cristalz(f): 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
chamotex:

You cant attack Barca and win  - very unlikely.
You can only park the bus and hope for the best.
Any manager with half a brain should know this.

More like, park the bus and make use of counter-attacks.
But that won't work with RVP developing jelly legs in front of goal.
Arshavin should be a good sub for Song.   .  .doubt that Bendtner's gonna be any better than RVP.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Cougar2: 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
duduspace:

There is no shame in losing to a team that blasted Real Madrid 5 - 0, as long as the boys compete no one will complain.

wait till you arrive at nou camp. you might get spanked by 7-0. barcelona have taken over your stadium and all you can point to is the madrid game? shame on you, fufuface. grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by sirwebs(m): 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
They're murdering us. Tonight we are dining in hell.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by dayokanu(m): 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2011
Why was Messis goal disallowed?
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by proudly9ja(m): 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
Nasri needs to wake up too and if he's not fully fit, maybe we should change him?
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Cougar2: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2011
dayokanu:

the line assistant pitied the gaynners in the stands. some of them are currently on a suicide watch. that was a legitimate goal disallowed.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by nomoreface: 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
dayokanu:

Damage control
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by chic2pimp(m): 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
*Cougar*:

if no team can stand barca in possession football, why then is arsene wenger playing to barca's strength? arsenal have never beaten barcelona before. chelsea have beaten them, man utd have beaten them, liverpool have beaten them. only arsenal keep falling like a pack of cards trying to beat a team better than them tactically and technically.

arsenal don't play beautiful football.  far from it. look at the chances barcelona have missed compared to the hit/miss arsenal have missed. messi also scored a genuine goal ruled offside by a linesman.
FINALLY!!! . . .I thought i was the only one that saw that.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by chamotex(m): 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2011
duduspace:

Woli Fufuface, you are already changing your story. The game is not even over yet.
So Real Madrid is the team to benchmark your teams performance on abi.

Typical Gaynner " It's not a shame to lose to a team that beat Real Madrid". smh
Because they beat Real Madrid . . . Arsenal should also lose abi. Oma se o
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by sirwebs(m): 9:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
chamotex:

A twitter post: "You could turn the floodlights off and Barcelona players would still find each other. Mesmerising possession."

If it where Naija, boy i go personally steal the fuse.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by debosky(m): 9:45pm On Feb 16, 2011
Clichy has started his wahala again. . . .how hard is it to maintain a line?

As for the cats looking for Debo, I am watching the game and don't post while the game is being played.

Decent performance overall, but we can't afford to be wasteful with possession - we need to keep the defensive line and get Nasri more in the game. He needs to be tight on Alves as well - that is their main outlet on the right.

The game isn't over yet, but we need some big performances in the second half.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by ritchboy(m): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2011
Cesc has been poor.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by amurx(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2011
nomoreface:

So u want the person that beat u to go beat your enemy?
why not call them to beat man u and man city so that u can win a trophy for the first time in emirates stadium?
nomoreface:

why not call them to beat man u and man city so that u can win a trophy for the first time in emirates stadium?
nomoreface:

ehn!!! Is that reall 2ru?
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by eldee(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2011
Which kain team be this . . . you press, they break, you don't they press.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by snthesis(m): 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2011
Hope still dey Arsenal can beat Barca away
grin grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Cougar2: 9:50pm On Feb 16, 2011
ritchboy:

Cesc has been poor.

but you told us he's better than xavi hernandez. grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by amurx(m): 9:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
nomoreface:

nomoreface:

nomoreface:

ehn!!! Is that reall 2ru?
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by montelik(m): 9:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
eldee:

Which kain team be this . . . you press, they break, you don't they press.

grin grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by duduspace(m): 9:51pm On Feb 16, 2011
chamotex:

Woli Fufuface, you are already changing your story. The game is not even over yet.
So Real Madrid is the team to benchmark your teams performance on abi.

Typical Gaynner " It's not a shame to lose to a team that beat Real Madrid". smh
Because they beat Real Madrid . . . Arsenal should also lose abi. Oma se o

I have never changed my opinion about this matchup?  undecided  we shouldn't have had it in the first instance if our boys didn't mess up in the group stages.
all I've said is I want to see the boys compete and I don't want us to be cowardly in packing the bus. There is no shame for any team who loses to this Barcelona team, anyone who loves good football will appreciate this team and we are aspiring to their levels.
The important thing is that you don't get to that level by packing the bus when you play them.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by 10cirenoh: 9:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Cougar2: 9:54pm On Feb 16, 2011
duduspace:

I have never changed my opinion about this matchup?  undecided  we shouldn't have had it in the first instance if our boys didn't mess up in the group stages.
all I've said is I want to see the boys compete and I don't want us to be cowardly in packing the bus. There is no shame for any team who loses to this Barcelona team, anyone who loves good football will appreciate this team and we are aspiring to their levels.
The important thing is that you don't get to that level by packing the bus when you play them.

by going 7 years without a league title? grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by nomoreface: 9:54pm On Feb 16, 2011
ritchboy:

Cesc has been poor.

news!
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by chic2pimp(m): 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2011
*Cougar*:

but you told us he's better than xavi hernandez. grin
Did he really say that? shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by duduspace(m): 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2011
*Cougar*:

by going 7 years without a league title? grin

Real madrid has not gone 5 years trophyless but got beaten 5-0 so the link between today's performance and lack of trophies is only in your imagination.
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by rasputinn(m): 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2011
Ahhhhhhhhh Van Person grin grin
Re: UCL: Arsenal Vs Barcelona On Wednesday 16th February 2011 (2 - 1!) by Cougar2: 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
duduspace:

Real madrid has not gone 5 years trophyless but got beaten 5-0 so the link between today's performance and lack of trophies is only in your imagination.  

it's a fact!

chic2pimp:

Did he really say that? shocked shocked shocked grin grin

he did. he told us only iniesta is better than cesc in the spanish outfit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Leicester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 9th September 2017 / Jose Mourinho Sacked! ('Resigns') / FA Cup: Southampton Vs Arsenal (0 - 5) On 28th January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.