Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,503 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 (1953 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Ac MIlan: 42% (3 votes)
Tottenham Hot Spurs: 42% (3 votes)
Draw: 14% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 15th February 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by AjanleKoko: 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
Italian football is definitely dead.
I can't believe I just watched the Rossoneri of yore. A team of deadweights and clumsy boys.
All these Brazillians sef, Pato and Robinho. They can't even play like modern footballers. No wonder Robinho ran back to Santos after his awful spell in the EPL.
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by manmustwac(m): 10:53pm On Feb 15, 2011
RuuDie:

& i bet that also means that the standard of the Eredivisie is now higher than the Calcio!!?

The way i see it, spurs should be thanking their stars that the Milan players are 30-somethings cuz if all they could achieve after all this plenty huffing & puffing was the decimation of poor ol' Abbiati, then they got loads to learn about playing in the UCL.

Be wary of these 30-somethings, they have experience on their side & dem no dey buy am for market  grin grin grin
Didn't i tell you that we we were not going to lose.  grin grin grin  That A C Milan lost 2 0 at home to ajax in the group stages grin grin I know spurs a lot better than you think you do. What do you want to say now that milan will come to the lane and beat us 2 0 abi? grin grin
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by dayokanu(m): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
How did AC Milan make it from the group stages?

To think they are sitting atop the Serie A?
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by sirwebs(m): 10:56pm On Feb 15, 2011
Heard Gattuso headbutted Joe Jordan. The local stations caught off immediately after the game.

What exactly does Robinho bring to a football team? Apart from his marquee status of course.
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by fredoooooo: 10:57pm On Feb 15, 2011
Attention! Attention!! Attention !!! Aron Lennon has just been fined for exceeding speed limit  grin grin grin grin grin grin ;
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by Ibomade1: 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2011
AC Milan,
They played like a a bunch of OAP's but in a way they are. The team desperately needs some fresh legs
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by medjai(m): 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2011
Spurs were just lucky. Milan will finish the job at WHL
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by Phony200(m): 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^^ They've barely started the job, now you're talking of finishing it. Dawson had a really great game tonight. It really is a wonder how they do so well in the Serie A. I think they'll find it very very difficult at WHL.
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by holydante(m): 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2011
Am really shocked and apologise about the multiple postings, the service on my handheld really went bonkers and engineered this mess.

Quite shocking that Milan will still be running things with this same crop of folks as players, since Dandy Silvio Berlusconi would rather throw gigs and be having a go @ teens instead of piloting affairs in his club(he has refused to appoint a president or so).

The officating was a bit clumsy, T'ttenham got away with some in the 1st quarter while Flamini and Bullwark gattuso should have gotten worse punishment. I hope eufa sincerely slams him for such disrespect to a respected coaching crew.

I can't wait to see the reception the WHL folks will accord them in the return leg, that'l be a must watch.
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by RuuDie(m): 4:27am On Feb 16, 2011
medjai:

I was beginning to wonder if all everybody saw was the first half & the goal. . . . . .
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by manmustwac(m): 7:56am On Feb 16, 2011
medjai:

its either your seriously deluded or have nothing better to do than to type nonsense on your computer screen because there is no way Milan will beat spurs at the lane.

@Ruudie
Please don't dodge answer my question in post 33 grin grin
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by usbcable(m): 8:13am On Feb 16, 2011
What else was expected from ''animal'' gattuso.
even flamini should have been red carded.
am soooooooo happy Raul scored and is now the top dog in ucl. Hopefully grandpa Inzaghi dont get to score another offside goal in WHL.
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by medjai(m): 11:14am On Feb 16, 2011
usbcable:

What else was expected from ''animal'' gattuso.
even flamini should have been red carded.
am soooooooo happy Raul scored and is now the top dog in ucl. Hopefully grandpa Inzaghi dont get to score another offside goal in WHL.
Inzaghi is out for the rest of the season.
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by Stealthy(m): 6:43pm On Feb 16, 2011
AC Milan (and Italian football in general) is dead. The guys were so lethargic! Spurs actually had more shots and was leading corner kicks 4-0 in the 1st half. The only Milan players who played with some passion were Ibra, Abate & Gattusso - the rest were just practically strolling.

AC milan has now been embarassed by Arsenal, ManU & Spurs in the last few CLs. It's sad to see a once great team fall so low. This was a fairly ordinary Spurs team - what if Bale was playing?

Anyway, from the start, I could tell that Milan would struggle to score. Who plays with a midfield of Silva (a CB), Flamini & Gattusso? Where was the creativity meant to come from? This joke of a coach who got rid of Ronaldinho has eliminated the team from UCL.
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by Stealthy(m): 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2011
BTW so many of us Barca fans on this page - I guess Barca fans tend to have some sympathy for AC Milan.
Re: UCL : Ac Milan Vs Tottenham Hotspurs [0 - 1] On Tuesday 15th February 2011 by medjai(m): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2011
Stealthy:

BTW so many of us Barca fans on this page - I guess Barca fans tend to have some sympathy for AC Milan.
It's sort of a clique thing. Barca, Milan, Madrid, Juve belong to an elitist class of traditional European clubs. It's like a rich man having a friend that was also once rich but now poor and being harrassed by one nouveau riche. You can't help but feel for Milan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

EPL Goal Of The Week 14! / Things That Have Happened Since Arsenal Last Won A Trophy (21st May 2005) / Bayern Munich Vs Tsg Hoffenheim (7 - 1) On March 10th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.