Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son (1300 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Asks His "Son" To Sack His Secretary / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Adegboyega Adefarasin's 21st Birthday: Pastor Paul Adefarasin Celebrates His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 10:24am On Aug 14, 2020
YEAR: 2070

Son: Hey dad, what was it like being gay during your time?

Me: hmmm.. Son, my time was one of the most horrendous time in history. Your generation is lucky, as they see nothing wrong with homosexuality.

We were in hiding. Hunted! I never thought I'll find love, cause everyone was after sex and no commitment.

You won't blame them, since we were never given an opportunity to be who we are.

Son: But how did you meet dad?

Me: Oh Nasty! Will you believe I snubbed him for a month? Now that I'm thinking of it, it makes me laugh.

He was adamant and persistent, and I was scared cause I never trusted him. I never trusted anyone.

I was scared of getting used and dumbed, and so I gave little chance to people that cared about me.

I don't deserve your father. He was my light, and savor. He showed me what true love is, even when I thought I'll never know.

Son: You never gave people a chance? What changed?

Me: There comes a time in a man's life when he has to take a leap of faith. I did with your father, and it was the best decision of my life.

Son: I saw an account of yours on Facebook. Your last update was 50 years ago, but dad, you looked amazing.

Me: I know hahahahah. I was a sexy hot stud. Now, look at me, wrinkles and grey hairs.

(Takes a pot)

When I look back, to these muscles and six-packs, it makes me understand life deeper in a weird way.

But meeting your father, those things never mattered. He loved me, not because I was built or sexy, but because he saw a future with me. He was really in for commitment.

Son: But you were disowned by your family when you came out.

Me: Don't cry, son. I know it hurts.

They couldn't love me in that way, and it was fine. Not everyone understands, so you don't always have to judge them.

Son: But dad, no matter what I do, will you ever disown me?

Me: Never son. Never! No matter who you are, or what you become, my love for you is unconditional.

It can never change, and I'll never love you less than I already do. You are my light when all around me was darkness.

My relationship with your father wasn't very rosy, like many relationships out there. But when you came, you glued us together like magic.

(Kissing him on the forehead)

Son: Dad, I love you so much. If I was around during your time, I definitely would have asked you out

Me: Who wouldn't? Your father was a hot cake hahahaha. I wondered why I never modeled.

Son: Dad, I prefer you as an entrepreneur and writer. Not some kind of model, you probably wouldn't have met dad!

Me: You're probably right. Besides, it was never a passion. I just loved photography then, I still do.

What do you like?

Son: Me? Um! I want to be an astronaut!

Me: Wow, my big man has big dreams.

Listen to me son, you can be whatever you want to be. No one is gonna stop you, but yourself.

You have us, and we'll give you all the support and love cause you deserve it.

Now get ready, it's Friday and I ain't spending it on this mansion.

Son: Where do you want us to go, dad? I'm thinking. What about Rome?

Me: You don't want to see Nigeria?

Son: I don't know, but I've got a mixed feeling.

Me: Don't worry son, Nigeria is now safe for our kind. Discrimination has been criminalized and everyone is accepting.

Son: But you never went back...

Me: I know, it took me time to forgive my country and my family, but I think I'm ready!

BLACKOUT!

3 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by ModestGal(f): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2020
That day will never come. We don't want homosexuality in our country, it will never be accepted in our society

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Twelfthman: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2020
angry
Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 10:43am On Aug 14, 2020
ModestGal:
That day will never come. We don't want homosexuality in our country, it will never be accepted in our society

Americans said the same thing

4 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by robinso01(m): 10:46am On Aug 14, 2020
Gay spotted. I just dey imagine how person go leave opposite gender and go dey Bleep same gender as urs, no be craze and insanity be that?

2 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 10:47am On Aug 14, 2020
robinso01:
Gay spotted. I just dey imagine how person go leave opposite gender and go dey Bleep same gender as urs, no be craze and insanity be that?

If you cant imagine it, why not conduct a little research, to know why they are really that way.

Perhaps if you understand, you won't have to judge them so much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by robinso01(m): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

Americans said the same thing

Americans was never nigerians, is not Nigerians and will never be Nigerians. Wait make Hausa Muslim catch you first, na death straight away.

3 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by robinso01(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

If you cant imagine it, why not conduct a little research, to know why they are really that way.

Perhaps if you understand, you won't have to judge them so much.

There's no reason to justify homosexual, it's like saying you have a reason for stealing. Homosexual is not allowed here in Nigeria, just respect the law, u fit go where it's allowed to dey practice am.

2 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2020
robinso01:

There's no reason to justify homosexual, it's like saying you have a reason for stealing. Homosexual is not allowed here in Nigeria, just respect the law, u fit go where it's allowed to dey practice am.

You can't compare homosexuality to stealing. Homosexuals are not hurting anyone, just two consenting adults.

Stealing tends to hurt people, and death. You have no reason to justify your hate for the LGBTQ community.

4 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by robinso01(m): 11:01am On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

You can't compare homosexuality to stealing. Homosexuals are not hurting anyone, just two consenting adults.

Stealing tends to hurt people, and death. You have no reason to justify your hate for the LGBTQ community.

We were not created to practice sexual intercourse with the same gender, moreover, Nigeria law doesn't allow it.

1 Like

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2020
robinso01:

We were not created to practice sexual intercourse with the same gender, moreover, Nigeria law doesn't allow it.

You were not created to practice sexual intercourse with the same gender?

How did you come about this information? Did you by any means communicated with a creator or perhaps, you were there?

3 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by kingxsamz(m): 11:23am On Aug 14, 2020
It's gross and irritating to me, but let everyone live their lives.

1 Like

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by robinso01(m): 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

You were not created to practice sexual intercourse with the same gender?

How did you come about this information? Did you by any means communicated with a creator or perhaps, you were there?

Would you've been given birth to if your parent had involved in same gender sex?

Pls, mentioning ur parent is not meant to insult them, I'm just explaining, hope u understand.

1 Like

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 12:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
robinso01:

Would you've been given birth to if your parent had involved in same gender sex?

Pls, mentioning ur parent is not meant to insult them, I'm just explaining, hope u understand.

Being gay doesn't mean mankind is going to get extinct. There will always be straights!

Secondly, is everything about kids? We have millions of homeless kids already.

What matters most is being with the person you love.

5 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 12:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
kingxsamz:
It's gross and irritating to me, but let everyone live their lives.

If you feel this way, you might need to discover yourself.

Folks with a mindset like yours are often closeted gays struggling with internalized homophobia.
Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by robinso01(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

Being gay doesn't mean mankind is going to get extinct. There will always be straights!

Secondly, is everything about kids? We have millions of homeless kids already.

What matters most is being with the person you love.

I find it enormous, by loving the same gender as you are. I hate homosexual, it's not accepted here and hope it remains so forever in Nigeria.
Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by kingxsamz(m): 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

If you feel this way, you might need to discover yourself.

Folks with a mindset like yours are often closeted gays struggling with internalized homophobia.

Yeah, same way pedophile haters are closet pedophiles. Nice logic. undecided
Not everyone has to like what you do oga.
Me not supporting discrimination or segregation of LGBT people does not mean I have to like what they do. They are humans like us. And I don't see why they want everyone to like what they do. And I can't force myself to like it.
I just mind my business, and you all need to mind yours.

3 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2020
Yeah! By the year 2070, the world would have ended so the man and his son would be in the hottest part of hell, screaming and wailing, "had I known, had I known, I would never have allowed Satan to deceive me about homosexuality", but then it would be too late.

Repent while you still have the time to do so.

Don't say you weren't warned!

5 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
robinso01:

I find it enormous, by loving the same gender as you are. I hate homosexual, it's not accepted here and hope it remains so forever in Nigeria.

You can only hope.. But then again, the future generations will know better.

Hate it or not, it's legalization is only a matter of time.

Deal with it!

1 Like

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by delkuf(m): 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

You can only hope.. But then again, the future generations will know better.
Hate it or not, it's legalization is only a matter of time.
Deal with it!
Legalize in dreams you so. of the devil
Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah, same way pedophile haters are closet pedophiles. Nice logic. undecided
Not everyone has to like what you do oga.
Me not supporting discrimination or segregation of LGBT people does not mean I have to like what they do. They are humans like us. And I don't see why they want everyone to like what they do. And I can't force myself to like it.
I just mind my business, and you all need to mind yours.

Pedophiles are hurting people. They are taking advantage of minors, which you can't compare to gays.

Gays are two CONSENTING adults!

But then again, you failed to justify your hate. You really have no reason!

3 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
robinso01:

Do you even know the meaning of 'enormous'? Mitcheeww!

Please, I hate your ignorance more!

3 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
Beautiful story.

2 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by kingxsamz(m): 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

Pedophiles are hurting people. They are taking advantage of minors, which you can't compare to gays.

Would you support a pedophile to just live with his desires if he doesn't hurt anyone?
You say gays are two consenting adults, but you teach children it's okay to be gay.

I don't have to justify anything.
And I don't hate gay people. I hate the act.
And I don't condemn my fellow human because he's gay. If that's how he wants to live his life, that's his business. My problem with you is why you think we MUST like it.
Because we accept you does not mean we must like what you do. That's your personal choice, and it should stay personal.
Nawa o. Na by force? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by kingxsamz(m): 1:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

Would you let your daughter marry your son, or your son have sex with your wife because they are in love? If you can answer that, then there goes your answer.

3 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

Would you let your daughter marry your son, or your son have sex with your wife because they are in love? If you can answer that, then there goes your answer.

Ever heard of inbreeding? For the love I have for them, I won't want them to suffer.

But then again, views on incest are merely subjective. In some cultures, it isn't a taboo.

It will be an error to view everyone from your cultural perceptive alone.

Also, knowing for a fact that being gay or lesbian is not a choice will help you love them the more.

They never choose it.. It wasn't a button that they switched on!

2 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

Would you support a pedophile to just live with his desires if he doesn't hurt anyone?
You say gays are two consenting adults, but you teach children it's okay to be gay.

I don't have to justify anything.
And I don't hate gay people. I hate the act.
And I don't condemn my fellow human because he's gay. If that's how he wants to live his life, that's his business. My problem with you is why you think we MUST like it.
Because we accept you does not mean we must like what you do. That's your personal choice, and it should stay personal.
Nawa o. Na by force? undecided

The only reason you can't equate pedophiles with gays is due to this HURT.

Anything that you do, that indirectly harms another is a sin, and illegal.

Just like murder, stealing, rape, including pedophilia.

These are individuals who are taking advantage of minors. Even if the minor consent, it is still statutory rape in the eyes of the law.

But when two consenting adult agree to a thing that doesn't affect anyone, it is deemed a human right.

When you're suppressed, for trying to be who you are, something you never choose, how then can you truly be happy?

2 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2020
beardlessdude:
Beautiful story.

You're the only positive light in the thread �

2 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by kingxsamz(m): 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

Ever heard of inbreeding? For the love I have for them, I won't want them to suffer.

But then again, views on incest are merely subjective. In some cultures, it isn't a taboo.

It will be an error to view everyone from your cultural perceptive alone.

Good. Glad that you accepted that your son can have sex with his mother if they ever had attraction for each other.

Also, knowing for a fact that being gay or lesbian is not a choice will help you love them the more.

They never choose it.. It wasn't a button that they switched on!

No! I don't need to love them more or less. They don't deserve any special treatment. They are humans first of all, just like everyone else. Their sexual life is their personal choice. I don't need to like who I don't know simply because he's gay. Neither do I need to hate him.
They are not special and they can't be treated as such, because they're just humans like everyone else.
So whether they choose it or not, it's not my business. And I don't have to like it. Simple as that. Let everyone live their lives.

1 Like

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by kingxsamz(m): 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

The only reason you can't equate pedophiles with gays is due to this HURT.

Anything that you do, that indirectly harms another is a sin, and illegal.

Just like murder, stealing, rape, including pedophilia.

These are individuals who are taking advantage of minors. Even if the minor consent, it is still statutory rape in the eyes of the law.

But when two consenting adult agree to a thing that doesn't affect anyone, it is deemed a human right.

When you're suppressed, for trying to be who you are, something you never choose, how then can you truly be happy?

Simple question I asked you.
Would you support a pedophile to live with his desires if he doesn't hurt anyone?

1 Like

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by Danhoys: 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
kingxsamz:

Simple question I asked you.
Would you support a pedophile to live with his desires if he doesn't hurt anyone?

Your question doesn't make sense. It's like asking me if I should allow a thief to live his desires as long as he doesn't hurt.

No matter how you put it, every robbery incident hurts. I can't allow someone who poses a danger to minors roam the street.

But when two consenting adults come into the picture, you have no choice but mind your business, or help fight discrimination.

2 Likes

Re: Year 2070: A Nigerian Gay Man And His Son by kingxsamz(m): 2:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danhoys:

Your question doesn't make sense. It's like asking me if I should allow a thief to live his desires as long as he doesn't hurt STEAL

corrected. cheesy

Besides, that's not the point.
The point is you saying most people who find homosexuality irritating have gay tendencies.
If I should go by your logic, then you have pedophilic tendencies for finding pedophilia disgusting.
Or am I missing anything here? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Worse Than An Illiterate / Your Money, Possessions Belongs To God / Righteousness Is Not By Our Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.