Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics (59406 Views)

Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. / After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Chienex24(m): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
AceRoyal:
To be sincere I seriously doubt this present statistics!
What parameters where used and how did they conduct their survey given that Nigeria has no accurate data capturing system as well as population biodata registry.

A state not ravaged by war, insurgency or high insecurity been the state with highest unemployment rate?

Something doesn't add up, I've been following these statistics and it doesn't make sense to any sane mind that's very much aware of our present social, societal and economic realities.

These figures and statistics are highly skewed.

God help Nigeria.

Relax, you should not be surprised na... Terrorism is a full time employment u knw, & highly profitable...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by AgbariOjukwu1: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
ODVanguard:
Just watch as the same people that reject NBS stats when it doesn't favour them will change gear.

Ndi Anambra

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Investnow2017: 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chijeep:
Like I always say, Nigerians are different and politicians are different. That why one woman said she distributed palliative to the whole states by herself.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Jwonder(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2020
Samfloxin:

But those northern states you are referring to are fully engaged in agriculture. Employment doesn't have to be only in industries.

And do also know most people in the imo are also self-employed (have their own little businesses).

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by nototribalist: 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
DigitalyYours:
Hmmmm

Where are getting all these figures
Or someone will be in Abuja cooking figure?
Trust me they are cooking up figures in Abuja.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
And where is Borno State if I may ask as regards employment? With all the happenings there. Hmm shit dey smell

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by DarkJeddi(m): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
Sagay212:
There is high rate of employment everywhere in Nigeria. But our developer brothers and their everyday chest beating will make you thing they are all billionaires in the ipob republic.
The same developer's state has the highest rate of employment and lowest rate of under employment,go figure.. shocked
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by beauty7: 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
Vyzz:
Let me take my sit....

And wait for one guy

Which guy?

Is it Righteousness89 you are taking about?
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Mummyfour(f): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
Anazp:
do you think self employment wasn't factored into the data? There are different forms of employment so self employment is one must them and must have been factored in by the NBS
when you are sure and can produce the document that shows it was "factored in", quote me

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Tunde835(m): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
EyezofGod120:
grin,,,but Igbo get plenty business na,,even if Igbo man sell cotton bud he go fed his family meanwhile,, I hear.say success fail jamb,,,dem.scam soji for computer village
U know most of this data is not correct, as dey didnt take any survey
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
“A total number of 2,736,076 did not do any work in the last seven days preceding the survey due to the lockdown but had secure jobs to return to after the lockdown,” the statement added.

Na disclaimer be this abi na conclusion...

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by sammychibuzr: 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Its possible that the region with the highiest no. Of unemployed people are from eastern part of nigeria bcoz an average Igbo man ambition is to be an employer of labor through his or her business initiatives and not to be seeking employment from anyone. That's why some set of people and tribe are massively issuing quit notice so to violently take over there businesses within there domain.

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Angelfrost(m): 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
I have a lot of questions to ask certain defenders of these regions, but I will just hold my peace now....

Still, I am compelled to ask this simple one: How can Imo, Rivers, and Akwa-Ibom have more unemployed individuals than states in the Middle Belt and far North??!... Someone needs to help us make sense of the above stats, or were they doctored??! undecided
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:
Imo has the highest rate of unemployment in Nigeria, While Anambra state has the lowest rate of unemployment in Nigeria.

Why is the Imo state news on the front page while that of Anambra is not.
Why must it be the other way round?
The topic could also have been the South West having the lowest unemployment rate.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Investnow2017: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
Jwonder:
Apc state!! Nothing new undecided

Unemployment rate keeps raising, some Nigerians lost their ability to reason and voted in a 3 time coup plotter, whose supporters killed Nigerians in 2011.

Anything we see, make we take am like that, actions have consequences.

Btw I don’t believe this statistics, because the unemployment rate in Imo can’t be higher than Jigawa and several northern states with no industry or companies and with a higher population.
PS: i did my nysc in the north and i know what I’m taking about.
How many in those states you mentioned access formal education comparatively speaking? I am just curious though. And again what does the statistics recognize as "employment" as against unemployment?
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by phorget(m): 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
The ones pressumed to be employed please what kinda job are they really employed in?
Instead of them to say that no employment in Nigeria they are busy talking in the nonsense.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by arantess: 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2020
Gabe427:
considering the way Nairaland comments work...

we all know this thread was moved to front page for Tribal Bashing and Bigotry....

so what the aim of the " WE SAY No TO SECESSION" bull they claim to stand for ...

I'm Yoruba and by No means would i take part in claiming one region is worse than the other.

The entire country is suffering unemployment. the entire country is suffering in every aspect. don't divert from the issue

Drops mic ....exits
That's how useless nairaland is these days

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Angelfrost(m): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Buhari2023:
Most people don't work in IMO state.
Imo state is a place of POPORI grin
Na make Hotels and club full there.

Imo state is a place you go and spend money

The truth is that imo state are mostly business owners, Civil servants and lastly full time G boys Money is only spent in imo state not made.
Night life there na gbogbo
grin

If the bold is true, even in the slightest, then I seriously pity them, from the Supreme court governor to the least citizen... Such ostentatious and pretentious living is unsustainable!!!

They are a time-bomb waiting to detonate... Smh!!! That's nothing but decadence!!! undecided
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by IjebuWarrior: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
I knew it... it has to be an Okoro state. grin
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Bighead9: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
IPOB caused this for Igbos

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Joshmanuel10(m): 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
What of all Northern states(just a question)
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by omoadeleye(m): 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2020
That's why we can not risk allowing southeast to become a president always Nigeria will be doomed and separation will be imminent, they have nothing good to themselves how do you expect them to do better for this country? Please let power just be between the North and South only for now, till they get their shits together.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by gowonmaharajah(m): 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
and you want me to believe this?
when we don't even know the exact figure of Nigeria population
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by ogbuefi677(m): 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Jwonder:
Apc state!! Nothing new undecided

Unemployment rate keeps raising, some Nigerians lost their ability to reason and voted in a 3 time coup plotter, whose supporters killed Nigerians in 2011.

Anything we see, make we take am like that, actions have consequences.

Btw I don’t believe this statistics, because the unemployment rate in Imo can’t be higher than Jigawa and several northern states with no industry or companies and with a higher population.
PS: i did my nysc in the north and i know what I’m taking about.
You de mind them?
The whole of the core north wey you go jus de look young,agile men sit on mats under trees from morning to night,Monday to Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Peters95: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Wait for APC government to debunk this news. 2023 is around the corner and we the youth won't learn a single lesson. Those who believe in their campaign promises hope you're seeing the evidence.

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Nairalandmonika: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
Amotolongbo:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/08/14/imo-records-highest-rate-of-unemployment-as-nbs-releases-statistics/
This is a lie jor, travel to kebbi, kastina n see what joblessness look like.

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Vyzz: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
beauty7:

Which guy?
Is it Righteousness89 you are taking about?

SIMPlyleo
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by DamnnNiggarr: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2020
Anazp:
do you think self employment wasn't factored into the data? There are different forms of employment so self employment is one must them and must have been factored in by the NBS
Nbs knows nothing,
Just sitting in one corner and be cooking up figures �
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Angelfrost(m): 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
AceRoyal:
To be sincere I seriously doubt this present statistics!
What parameters where used and how did they conduct their survey given that Nigeria has no accurate data capturing system as well as population biodata registry.

A state not ravaged by war, insurgency or high insecurity been the state with highest unemployment rate?

Something doesn't add up, I've been following these statistics and it doesn't make sense to any sane mind that's very much aware of our present social, societal and economic realities.

These figures and statistics are highly skewed.

God help Nigeria.

My point exactly!!! This doesn't add up at all.... What parameters were used to cook up the above??! Tax returns??! Employment database (Where does that exist in Nigeria)??!

They need to explain how Borno, Kaduna, Zamfara, Kogi, etc are ahead of Imo, Akwa-Ibom, and Rivers in terms of employment of citizens!!!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Bighead9: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2020
Mariopgomery:
Imo state? I strongly disagree with this findings, I'm not from imo state but I've been around Nigeria and zamfara state should be number one followed closely by all other northern states.

Over 90% of the people in Zamfara are farmers, who own Catles. Others are Bussiness men and women. Do you now rate them as unemployed persons?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etisalat Nigeria Telecommunication Recruits: Nigria 5th Gsm Company / FRSC Is Recruiting / Future Leaders Programme Graduate (2016) With GSK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.