Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,357 members, 7,822,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics (59424 Views)

Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / Overcoming Unemployment As A Nigerian Youth. / After Many Years Of Unemployment, I Finally Got A Job, BUT... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by PHIPEX(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
mumumugu:

Unemployment rate is calculated by number of graduates with respect to unemployed.

Imo has highest graduates in nigeria.zamfara. do they even have a university?
So how will you factor in Anambra figure with this line of logic?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by oluwaahmed: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Focus on your unemployment stricken imo state said to have worst unemployment than anywhere else in Nigeria and leave Ebonyi alone.. You're so confused, In your small brain how can bunch of useless unemployed Imolites have less poverty than employed people.. Doesn't it sound somehow to your ear..

Truth is that imo state has nothing in stock aside yahoo yahoo and prostitution by its women.. Even your governor is a fake supreme court governor... Nothing works in imo

An Ebonyi person will rather do any job to survive than be jobless and lazy like ndị imo undecided

Imo has the highest amount of educated people in the country so its only natural for them to have the highest unemployed. Ebonyi people no dey go school; like Anambra most of them are into biz however anambra people now value education. I remember when I was pursuing short service with Navy. When the naval officer referred to help me saw my state of origin, he quickly told me to go get indigene letter from Ebonyi, because there are too many graduates from imo vying for it.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Lucifer1419: 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
Someone said, one day all of you here on Nairaland are going to wake up at age 35 and realize all you did in your life time was to impress the internet.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by larryjimmy7: 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
Monkey by grade

iberiberism
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Ikennamurphy: 7:40pm On Aug 14, 2020
oluwaahmed:

Imo has the highest amount of educated people in the country so its only natural for them to have the highest unemployed. Ebonyi people no dey go school; like Anambra most of them are into biz however anambra people now value education. I remember when I was pursuing short service with Navy. When the naval officer referred to help me saw my state of origin, he quickly told me to go get indigene letter from Ebonyi, because there are too many graduates from imo vying for it.
Where are you from? Just answer

Now having so many graduates that can't work or do anything for themselves is the most useless and wasteful venture to undertake, there is no pride in their Youths going to school and at the end they're all jobless and have nothing doing.. Those who didn't go to school but have a business doing are far more valuable than them which is exactly the case of Imo.. Go to owerri and see what their so called Youths are doing, their boys are uselessing themselves in yahoo while their women are into prostitution, so what use is the so called education

For the naval something, is not a secret that most neighboring igbo states are falsified their states of origin to Ebonyi to gain favour, that is a story for another day

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Deborah98(f): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2020
I don't need to doubt this,as far as am concerned Imo state has always been unlucky in terms of governance to be honest with governors both past and present that are clueless as to what to do with the money allocated to the state. Paying salaries and pensions is a war on its own,poor infrastructural development,bad road network and yet these set of men do little or nothing at all to help the state. All they know it's demolitions, building structures that I don't know their value to the state,so you posting about unemployment as state with the highest unemployed populace I have to concourse with to you,it's a shame and dent to our image. The only man I know who tried doing something worthy is Mbakwe of blessed memory,they rest are nothing to write home about.

3 Likes

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by oyatz(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
Employment rates also factor-in self employment

OgogoroFreak:
Most of them are running their own business.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Conrod: 8:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
NBC is just like INEC, just accept whatever figures they dish out or go to "their" court.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by IrewumyO(m): 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2020
Your CV means nothing if it doesn't reach the hands of the recruiter. If you aren't receiving any calls from your applications, then chances are your CV is getting lost in the big black hole of applicant tracking systems (ATS).

Contact Miquick Resume for your ATS Compliant resume today.

https:///fKTuh8v
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by BobbyShmurda007: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
[quote author=Gabe427 post=92816634]

my brother help me tell them , put tribalism aside

as me dey here am currently unemployed !!! 001 settings . so this statistic sef near the truth .
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Cj4charles(m): 8:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
dalass:
How come? grin

I'm shocked!

Its not even a northern state.....

What happened to businesses they're known for? shocked
unemployed is not poverty ## use your head
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Exjoker(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2020
Mariopgomery:
Imo state? I strongly disagree with this findings, I'm not from imo state but I've been around Nigeria and zamfara state should be number one followed closely by all other northern states.
One thing you fail to understand is that most of these northerner take on farming as full time business compared to south Eastern states that are business oriented. How many of them own business?

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Cosbyrich: 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2020
I believe those who complain that the statisticians at NBS are cooking up figures have statisticians in their lineage.One or many of them would have refuted these figures now.

But can NBS,World bank and UNDP be cooking up figures against a people?
Na wah o!
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by dalass(f): 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2020
Cj4charles:
unemployed is not poverty ## use your head

Mr head user. Unemployment is not poverty? Just what does It mean to you that someone is involved in anything that brings in money?

Oh.. I forgot, you still have other means like kidnapping, robbery, money rituals etc undecided
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by val4sure(m): 11:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
This is the first time I can agree to this their yeye statistics. This one is 100% true.

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by seunjungle1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
What an irony?
Na dem first, na dem still carry last
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 14, 2020
Jwonder:
Apc state!! Nothing new undecided

Unemployment rate keeps raising, some Nigerians lost their ability to reason and voted in a 3 time coup plotter, whose supporters killed Nigerians in 2011.

Anything we see, make we take am like that, actions have consequences.

Btw I don’t believe this statistics, because the unemployment rate in Imo can’t be higher than Jigawa and several northern states with no industry or companies and with a higher population.
PS: i did my nysc in the north and i know what I’m taking about.
Bros, this isn't a race but fact which u're not force to believe jst because it doesn't favour u.Over 80% of the Jigawa state population is engaged in subsistence farming and animal husbandry. Trade and commerce are undertaken on small and medium scale, especially in agric goods, livestock and other consumer goods. Other informal sector activities include blacksmithing, leather-works, tailoring services, auto repairs, metal works, carpentry, tanning, dyeing, food processing, masonry etc.
Considering the political economy of most Northern state and vast land in the regions it can be agreed that employment rate there is above average even if it's not sustainable. In he North everywhere is farm except RUGA (grazing reserves), is farming not a job?

1 Like

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by TheCork(m): 12:20am On Aug 15, 2020
beauty7:
okay

Hello please do u have nyansh & please can I date u for 300 naira cash?.. for 3 month please? cheesy
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by B2mario(m): 12:34am On Aug 15, 2020
Freshfish4:
I'm not surprised at all, the two reasonable jobs in imo state are government jobs and banks. And now with the increasing number of hotels and bars, hotels jobs are mostly for undergraduates. Since Achike Udenwa to this present supreme court governor, non has created jobs in the state. Their highest job creation is giving out cars for cab on hire purchase to youths. Nevertheless, Owerri is still the best place to groove.

What of the 20,000 jobs Rochas created which Ihedioha sacked 3,000 out of it?
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by sassynneoma: 3:06am On Aug 15, 2020
Buhari2023:
Most people don't work in IMO state.
Imo state is a place of POPORI grin
Na make Hotels and club full there.

Imo state is a place you go and spend money

The truth is that imo state are mostly business owners, Civil servants and lastly full time G boys Money is only spent in imo state not made.
Night life there na gbogbo grin

Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by slimjosh231(m): 4:16am On Aug 15, 2020
Buhari2023:
Most people don't work in IMO state.
Imo state is a place of POPORI grin
Na make Hotels and club full there.

Imo state is a place you go and spend money

The truth is that imo state are mostly business owners, Civil servants and lastly full time G boys Money is only spent in imo state not made.
Night life there na gbogbo grin
Nyben.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by safetyInspector(m): 6:18am On Aug 15, 2020
You people are very funny. In the same report Anambra has the lowest rate. You guys should grow up for once.
Sagay212:
There is high rate of unemployment everywhere in Nigeria. But our developer brothers and their everyday chest beating will make you thing they are all billionaires in the ipob republic.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Advocatmsani(m): 6:43am On Aug 15, 2020
seunjungle1:
What an irony? Na dem first, na dem still carry last
Exactly.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by Cj4charles(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2020
dalass:

Mr head user. Unemployment is not poverty? Just what does It mean to you that someone is involved in anything that brings in money?

Oh.. I forgot, you still have other means like kidnapping, robbery, money rituals etc undecided
what would you say about a poverty shrinking region, are they employed and they are this poor## like i said, #USEYOURHEAD#
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by OfficialAPCNig: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2020
NBS stat?

NEXT!!!

Was it not the same Yemi Kwale that said Osun state has lesser poverty rate than the entire USA.

42% of people within working age excluding students in Imo state can never be unemployed unless owning a business is no longer counted as employment.

Imagine more people are unemployed in Rivers than Osun state.

Take YEMI KWALE serious at your own peril. If it is not UN or Woeld Bank, kindly ignore.
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by SlayerForever: 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2020
I no see this thread oooooooo.
Chinolization how you see am?
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by SlayerForever: 9:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Once more Anambra leads. Ekinematics wene, how you see am na?
Re: Imo Records Highest Rate Of Unemployment As NBS Releases Statistics by IOOlawoore: 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2022
If the government wants to alleviate poverty, then it should aim at creating new employment opportunities for the youths, but the government or its agency won’t do that because they want you to be in poverty, fulfilling the agenda of this earthly curse kingdom. If your heart desire is a quality, flexible and well-paid job, please check the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7338485/kingdom-unemployment-poverty-depopulation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Etisalat Nigeria Telecommunication Recruits: Nigria 5th Gsm Company / FRSC Is Recruiting / Future Leaders Programme Graduate (2016) With GSK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.