Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont (10210 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Yorubas dont Osibanjo or awolowo,.. Western Nigeria is a country / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by hollandis(f): 3:14pm On Feb 15, 2011
They are very tribalistic and engage in nepotism.I am talking about the yorubas and hausas.
The ibo man on the other hand has a broad mind,that is why he can marry from anywhere .HE IS COSMOPOLITAN.
Bring an ibo fiance to your yoruba parents and expect the knocking of your head.

They are everywhere shell,mobil,LNG and even NNPC they only give opportunities to yorubas and hausas but yet the oil,the resource are for the indigenes.

The hausa and yoruba man knows that he doesn't have "anything" hence he refuses to accept a separate Nigeria.

The ibos and south-south have been marginalised for long and they want OUT.why not listen to them?

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by blacksta(m): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2011
Lies, Lies

I am Yoruba and married to Rivers woman.  Yorubas are more open minded when it comes to choosing a partner.

Lagos state has it shown that the south west can survive without federal allocations.

South West remains the economic power house of Nigeria

so i dont know what trash you are talking about.

it is not by force to start a thread.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by hollandis(f): 3:30pm On Feb 15, 2011
South west -economic power of Nigeria.Are you sure you don't mean east or south?if I may ask economic in terms of what ?UI or OAU? And where does fashola collects his property tax money from?from the yorubas who build mushroom houses?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2011
Why suld anybody answer this guy? He is 'munmu' of the highest order! Just ignore him
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Uche2005: 4:01pm On Feb 15, 2011
we igbo people have more oil than yoruba people. i am not sure ijaw want to go with us.

i think they should divide nigeria into 3.

we igbo are not ready to go with south , we divide it into 3. north, south and igboland.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by hollandis(f): 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Why suld anybody answer this guy? He is 'munmu' of the highest order! Just ignore him
May the day you were born be cursed.Is it wrong to call you people tribalist?Anuofia.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by hollandis(f): 4:10pm On Feb 15, 2011
Uche2005:

we igbo people have more oil than yoruba people. i am not sure ijaw want to go with us.

i think they should divide nigeria into 3.

we igbo are not ready to go with south , we divide it into 3. north, south and igboland.

It is not that the country cannot live peacfully.its just that the yorubas and hausas are unnecessarily tribalistic

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by EzeUche2(m): 4:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
I like this thread already. Speak the truth my brother. We Igbos can be found all over Nigeria, and we speak the local languages and embrace the cultures of other, because we see people as human beings.

The South-West is by no means, the economic powerhouse of Nigeria. Nigeria relies on Eastern oil for its foreign earnings. The rest of the economy is in shatters. Why do you think people say Nigeria suffers from Dutch Diseas aka Resource Curse.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Uche2005: 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2011
nonsense we igbo are economic power house of nigeria. nigeria should be divided into 3

igbo and igbo in cross rivers.
north not including yoruba pepls
south mean south south and yoruba

we igbos have to have our own country, we do not need south south people and all the yoruba people. but there are igbos in cross rrivers
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by EzeUche2(m): 4:41pm On Feb 15, 2011
I would support an Igbo-only nation as long as we are not landlocked. That means Port Harcourt and other "coastal" Igbo towns must remain with us. I would even claim Bonny, since the people cannot even speak their supposed "native" tongue anymore, they just speak Bonny Igbo.

Igbo communities in in Edo, Benue, Cross River and Delta State must be with us as well.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Afam4eva(m): 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2011
Even though i think the poster is a stereotyping tribalist i think he made some valid points. The problem with Nigeria is that people are in for what they can get. That's why you see that those oil lords mainly from the North and south-west will stop at nothing to make sure Nigeria does not split. If Nigeria splits where will they get money from? The reason why Igbos and some people from the south-south region keep clamouring for a seperate nation is obvious. You don't stay in a nation where you're marginalized politically and your economic advancement is limited by some idiots in Aso rock who are scared that one day you'll come and colonize them.

@ blacksta

You'll have to be my ignoramus for this week and this week along. Lagos state has it shown that the south west can survive without  federal allocations? Even you sef no beleive this. We know why lagos is the way it is. So don't go boasting that Lagos was built by the ingenuity of the south-west because that's a fat lie from the pit of hell. We know why lagos is the way it is.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by 9javoice1(m): 5:05pm On Feb 15, 2011
There is no need for this thread. but if i must say something,  first the username uche2005 is not an ibo man talk more of yoruba,he is mr.Alj harem(a fulani man) in disguise.

Then as for the thread i can say divide this country into 2 and that is south and north. The north should be the current day north west and north east, while the south should be south east,south south and south west,Then there shall a refrendom for north central to determine where they will like to belong which by every indication that they will choose south instead of north.  

OPTION 2 ,if my plan A fails then plan B will be this: divide nigeria into 4 countries and 1:North or Arewa(NE and NW) 2:East or Biafra(South east and south south) 3:West or Oodua(south west with kwara state and some part of kogi) 4:North centra(all north centra including remaining kogi) With this there won't be any more troubles.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by EzeUche2(m): 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2011
I would support a motion that would separate the nation between North & South. However, the Yoruba elite would have to give up their oil blocks in the East.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Digriz(m): 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2011
Why did d yorubas hate d igbos more than any other tribe even more than hw d hausas did.
Am a half yoruba and half igbo bt speakn d truth,yorubas are d most tribalistic than d igbos who ar more open minded and am a living example.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by chosen04(f): 5:52pm On Feb 15, 2011
Digriz:

Why did d yorubas hate d igbos more than any other tribe even more than hw d hausas did.
Am a half yoruba and half igbo bt speakn d truth,yorubas are d most tribalistic than d igbos who ar more open minded and am a living example.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by fstranger3(m): 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2011
Digriz:

Yours is obviously a mental case!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Digriz(m): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2011
fstranger3:

Yours is obviously a mental case!
exactly wat am talking abt u guys.,i rather move wt an hausa man dan a yoruba. An hausa man wl show u his feelings abt u once he meet u bt a yoruba man wld pretend to b ur friend and wl strike later on. I tnk God 4 bn in d other side.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Digriz(m): 6:30pm On Feb 15, 2011
?
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Genius100: 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2011
Moderator, what does this thread have to do with politics? Please move it to the tribalism forum so the neanderthals can continue their discussion there. Look at what these morons are still discussion in 2011 and they wonder why the black man is at the bottom of the totem pole.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Chyz2: 6:58pm On Feb 15, 2011
@OP, I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Digriz:

You speak the true. What the yorubas suffer from(no offense) is insecurity. Afraid to meet new minds and challenges so he would rather stay with who he knows. Igbos on the other hand, are confident, ready for the challenge, and will socialize with anyone because they see no threat.I'm just telling it how I see it. Here in the U.S., you will notice that people here favor Igbos more as friends. Some foolishly say its because we look like African-Americans, but that is not true obviously because of our names. It's our personalities.(Generally speaking though)
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by aljharem11(m): 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
9ja voice:

There is no need for this thread. but if i must say something,  first the username uche2005 is not an ibo man talk more of yoruba,he is mr.Alj harem(a fulani man) in disguise.

Then as for the thread i can say divide this country into 2 and that is south and north. The north should be the current day north west and north east, while the south should be south east,south south and south west,Then there shall a refrendom for north central to determine where they will like to belong which by every indication that they will choose south instead of north.  

OPTION 2 ,if my plan A fails then plan B will be this: divide nigeria into 4 countries and 1:North or Arewa(NE and NW) 2:East or Biafra(South east and south south) 3:West or Oodua(south west with kwara state and some part of kogi) 4:North centra(all north centra including remaining kogi) With this there won't be any more troubles.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you are obviously sick, he just shows that southern nigeria can not work undecided
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by aljharem11(m): 7:09pm On Feb 15, 2011
Digriz:

?

first you do not have yoruba blood in you

second if you are lying here

speak to me in yoruba and what you typed
Digriz:

exactly wat am talking abt u guys.,i rather move wt an hausa man dan a yoruba. An hausa man wl show u his feelings abt u once he meet u bt a yoruba man wld pretend to b your friend and wl strike later on. I tnk God 4 bn in d other side.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Chyz2: 7:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
alj harem1:

first you do not have yoruba blood in you

second if you are lying here

speak to me in yoruba and what you typed

Must someone that is half one thing half the other, know how to speak both languages? You claim you are half Igbo but you can't speak Igbo(although we know u have no Igbo blood). Since you claim you are a mixed breed, according to your theory, you should know how to speak both Kanuri and yoruba. Also, you dont even like yorubas you were just talking about "We will slaughter them like man to chicken".
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by jason123: 7:27pm On Feb 15, 2011
FUNNY PEOPLE. SMH

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by aljharem11(m): 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2011
Chyz*:

Must someone that is half one thing half the other, know how to speak both languages? You claim you are half Igbo but you can't speak Igbo(although me know u have no Igbo blood), since you claim you are, according to your theory, you should know how to speak both Kanuri and yoruba. Also, you dont even like yorubas you were just talking about "We will slaughter them like man to chicken".
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

chyz chyz chyz,  you are very funny, i tell ya

me slaughter grin i can not kill anyone be it yoruba, igbos, etc

all i am saying is that he is not yoruba, or maybe he is but yoruba is more of an ideology than blood

as you are igbo you can claim yoruba, so long has you have there ideology of the world

i know the way yorubas think

i know the way igbos think

and i know the way my people in the north think

thus i know how to deal with everyone accordingly

the reason why i say horrible things about igbo (very few time deo wink ) is because sometimes some of my igbos brother do not act fair and just
some igbos are good people and very nationalistic but there are others that are superimast among them and i have to stop them before they get the innocent ones killed. i love igbos and Allah has bless the world by giving us igbos on earth

yorubas are a special case, yorubas are people that are very proud of the culture and some times believe they are special. they are more open minded than igbos (i have lived among, igbos and yorubas for many years). some are very tribalistic even to there ownselves but unite like akara in hot oil because of other groups. i love yorubas and they are very special to this world as they have groups all over the world

we northerners just want peace and love to exist between us and other groups

we are very open minded and believe every millimeter of nigeria is ours since we are one country undecided

we love every group, but there are some bad element among us that take Islamity to extreme level which most educated ones in the north including me do not like.

but when southerners do not face the issue but blame the north as if everyone had a hand in it, then we get angry undecided

that is the reality

1 love 9ja cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by Digriz(m): 7:40pm On Feb 15, 2011
Chyz*:

Must someone that is half one thing half the other, know how to speak both languages? You claim you are half Igbo but you can't speak Igbo(although we know u have no Igbo blood). Since you claim you are a mixed breed, according to your theory, you should know how to speak both Kanuri and yoruba. Also, you dont even like yorubas you were just talking about "We will slaughter them like man to chicken".
since ths is a faceless forum i dnt think i cn hide anytin abt me here. Actualy,my dad is a yoruba man frm ondo state bt my mum is frm Anambra,she left because of their tribalist behaviour to her and am only a year plus then,so hw do i knw hw 2 speak d language since i grew up wt my mum and my step siblings frm my mum.
D point i made was because of d experience my mum went thru b4 she left.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by aljharem11(m): 7:45pm On Feb 15, 2011
Digriz:

since ths is a faceless forum i dnt think i cn hide anytin abt me here. Actualy,my dad is a yoruba man frm ondo state bt my mum is frm Anambra,she left because of their tribalist behaviour to her and am only a year plus then,so hw do i knw hw 2 speak d language since i grew up wt my mum and my step siblings frm my mum.
D point i made was because of d experience my mum went thru b4 she left.

and that is why i said you are not yoruba, you see my friend

yoruba is not by blood like fulani, yoruba is more cultural and your ideology

clearly even if you grew up in oyo state and have this ideology, you are not yoruba,.,. Fact!!!!!

victor banjo was also yoruba by birth but he lost his yorubaness when he join biafra to invade his people

""""many are called but few are chosen"""

many are called yorubas but few are chosen, in this case you are part of the ones that are not chosen undecided

i bet if your father sees you, he will say my son/daughter is not yoruba,.,, FACT!!!
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by excanny: 7:52pm On Feb 15, 2011
9ja voice:

Honestly, someone did say that Alj Harem was a Yoruba pretending to be a northerner.

Now he's up with an Igbo ID behaving like an Igbo. The dude is some kind of a fraud. SMH.
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by jason123: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2011
hollandis:

They are very tribalistic and engage in nepotism.I am talking about the yorubas and hausas.
The ibo man on the other hand has a broad mind,that is why he can marry from anywhere .HE IS COSMOPOLITAN.
Bring an ibo fiance to your yoruba parents and expect the knocking of your head.

They are everywhere shell,mobil,LNG and even NNPC they only give opportunities to yorubas and hausas but yet the oil,the resource are for the indigenes.

The hausa and yoruba man knows that he doesn't have "anything" hence he refuses to accept a separate Nigeria.

The ibos and south-south have been marginalised for long and they want OUT.why not listen to them?

At highlighted  . . . lol. You guys do not even inter-marry. grin grin grin. An Ebonyi man would find it difficult to marry an Ngwa woman and vis-visa

@ Topic and the igbo tribal bigots ( Please, not the sensible ones like 9ja man)

First of all, why is it that you scream marginalisation everyday?? If you want to secede, why not do it? Why heap the blame on Yorubas and Hausas? These two groups have lived without you and can LEAVE anytime and THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Secondly, I made a path with EZEUCHE not to be tribal but I kept my promise and the "igbo man" Ezeuche did not, so who should we trust?? I thought some of you said yorubas are double speakers? Now, who is the double speaker? Moreover, this WHOLE thread is retar.ded. How can we be judging a WHOLE ethnic group on individuals?? Most of us have igbo, yoruba and Hausa friends. Is your yoruba friend a double speaker?? Is your igbo friend suffering from inferiority complex? My Igbo friend is [b]not [/b]sha! I even have an Igbo GF, she does not understand your guys and your mentality.

Thridly, who are the SS you guys keep mentioning? I hope you know the SS does not just consist of Ijaws. Moreover, when last have you heard that the SS wants to SECEDE? After GEJ became the president, MEND stopped! The MEND you see now are the fake MEND. Where is Asari Dokubo? LOL. In Nigeria, it is "chop make I chop".

Lastly, who has marginalised the igbo man? Is it the FG or YOUR  state Governors? Even if we have an Igbo president today, we would still have the same problem and your screaming cannot get louder than this.

All I can say to you all who says, " I prefer this tribe to that" is WHO BLOODY CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PREFERENCE? LOL. You know what? when next you see a yoruba man or hausa man, RUN and NEVER LOOK BACK, COWARDS! grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by aljharem11(m): 7:55pm On Feb 15, 2011
excanny:

Honestly, someone did say that Alj Harem was a Yoruba pretending to be a northerner.

Now he's up with an Igbo ID behaving like an Igbo. The dude is some kind of a fraud. SMH.

oh no!!!!

not you my brother, do you believe this troll cry cry cry cheesy
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by aljharem11(m): 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2011
jason123:

At highlighted  . . . lol. You guys do not even inter-marry. grin grin grin. An Ebonyi man would find it difficult to marry an Ngwa woman and vis-visa

@ Topic and the igbo tribal bigots ( Please, not the sensible ones like 9ja man)

First of all, why is it that you scream marginalisation everyday?? If you want to secede, why not do it? Why heap the blame on Yorubas and Hausas? These two groups have lived without you and can LEAVE anytime and THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Secondly, I made a path with EZEUCHE not to be tribal but I kept my promise and the "igbo man" Ezeuche did not, so who should we trust?? I thought some of you said yorubas are double speakers? Now, who is the double speaker? Moreover, this WHOLE thread is retar.ded. How can we be judging a WHOLE ethnic group on individuals?? Most of us have igbo, yoruba and Hausa friends. Is your yoruba friend a double speaker?? Is your igbo friend suffering from inferiority complex? My Igbo friend is not [/b]sha! I even have an Igbo GF, she does not understand your guys and your mentality.

Thridly, who are the SS you guys keep mentioning? I hope you know the SS does not just consist of Ijaws. Moreover, when last have you heard that the SS wants to SECEDE? After GEJ became the president, MEND stopped! The MEND you see now are the fake MEND. Where is Asari Dokubo? LOL. In Nigeria, it is "chop make I chop".

Lastly, who has marginalised the igbo man? Is it the FG or YOUR  state Governors? Even if we have an Igbo president today, we would still have the same problem and your screaming cannot get louder than this.

All I can say to you all who says, " [b]I prefer this tribe to that" is WHO BLOODY CARES ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PREFERENCE? LOL. You know what? when next you see a yoruba man or hausa man, RUN and NEVER LOOK BACK, COWARDS! grin grin
grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

that is my jason123, you are the best smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Reasons Why The South-south And Igbos Want Nigeria separated And Why The Hausas And Yorubas dont by dayokanu(m): 8:01pm On Feb 15, 2011
Na wa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: Tinubu Is The Most Qualified Presidential Hopeful For Nigeria / INEC Clears Ize-iyamu, Obaseki, 17 Others For Edo Guber Poll. / Tax Returns: Reps Probe Uber, Bolt, Other Transport Firms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.