Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi (19476 Views)

Moment APC Women Leader Jumoke Okoya-thomas Turns Arise TV Interview To Comedy / 2023: Uprooting Corruption From The Judiciary / Uzodimma: I Inherited Systematic Corruption From Ihedioha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by apache22b: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
you must be a pussy ass Niggaarrr

Evilgenuis:
Mr Farooque, we are busy now voting for #BBNaija housemates... They can destroy the country as much as they want we dont care grin grin grin grin
I weep for our youths angry angry angry
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2020
Omooba77:

For instance, on April 10, Maryam Uwais, Special Adviser to the President on Social Investment,told Channels TV’s Sunrise Daily programme that she couldn’t account for the billions that she and the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs putatively gave to weak, poor, and vulnerable Nigerians to ease the hurt of the coronavirus pandemic because, “Those who benefit from the conditional cash transfer of the Federal Government as palliative to cushion the effects of the lockdown caused by the deadly Coronavirus don’t want to be addressed as poor people. That is why we can’t publish their names.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/transformation-of-nigerias-corruption-from-outrage-to-comedy/
Nigerians complain when there's a leader to listen

Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by Omooba77: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
madridsta007:

I remember when Dr. Farooq Kperogi supported Buhari like crazy prior to 2015 elections. Day after day, he kept churning articles on Facebook hailing Buhari as the next Messiah and criticising GEJ as the worst thing next to Satan. I asked him if he would hire Buhari, based on his CV, to lead a company he owns and the guy blocked me...”

Today, like the multitude of “intellectual Buharists” he lives in regret. This is why I’ve always pleaded with people never to emotionalise decisions. Clear-thought, objectivity and standards should follow decisions.

Nigeria will be unrecognisable by 2023 unless God intervenes.

That is the hypocrisy of many of them... God pass man...

1 Like

Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by themanderon: 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
All these is happening and yet those clowns at NBC are trying to muzzle people so they won't talk. What a country.
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by armadeo(m): 8:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nigerians have lost will.

We no longer posses the will to strive. Majority of the willing nigerians posses just the will for survival.

Cry out or no cry out majority of the time nothing would come out of it when back door deals are struck that the pu licence never hears of.

So we just laugh and say another one .....

What's the point when every strata of the population is corruption prone.
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by Evilgenuis: 9:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
apache22b:
you must be a pussy ass Niggaarrr

Yeah, who u follow? undecided undecided
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by gabbasin(m): 11:04pm On Aug 15, 2020
this article is full of mischief, though I agree that corruption is still ongoing under the watch of PMB, we should always put our records straight, the story of snake eating money happened before Buhari come on board in 2015 when jamb used to sell scratch card for registrations, and it's part of the scratch card proceeds that a staff of jamb allegedly embezzled feigning a snake has eaten the money when probed
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by xxxXXXxxx: 11:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
everything he wrote in the article is the truth about the state of the nation
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by olmoRoc: 8:06am On Aug 16, 2020
Until the students say enough is enough, nothing will change. In our time, there were no cellphones, nor electronic mail. It was by word of mouth that the respective SUG organized anti government protests in most states.

Some people are definitely going to be beaten up and possibly killed by those murderous and trigger happy frustrated animals in uniform that buhari and his acolytes are going to quell the protests. However, victory is sure with persistent and unwavering protests.

Take a leaf from Hong Kong. Even with the prospect of rotting in a Chinese prison, those students and activist have persisted. We might have also read about the Belarusians in the last few days.

We as Nigerians are not only wicked and greedy, we're also cowards. Nobody or nation is going to come to liberate us from the clutches of the so-called elites.

Peradventure there's a successful uprising, would Nigerians be brave enough to say no to the likes of tinube and co who'd want to hijack the running of the affairs of the nation? That was the mistake in 1999. The same old thieves vying for office, and then appointing their partners in crime to hold the destiny and development of the country to ransom.
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by lowkeybahdguy(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Queenlovely:
hopelessly laughing
in the middle of the depression the article talks about? haven't we all become desensitized to corruption
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by Excellent7(m): 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
jaxxy:

Possibly right and I agree with him to a large extent BUT where was this man when Jonathan, Diezani and others where running this country to the ground?? undecided undecided

This is my grouse with all these sudden corruption analysts/activists and what have you.

Stop embarrasing yourself.
Search the internet and be informed.
Dr. Farooq Kperogi can not be described as a/or one of the "sudden corruption analysts/activists".
He did not fail to speak out severally during Jonathan era.
In fact, unlike some that foresaw the disaster of the present leadership, he vocally supported the present administration to power until it started to become evident that the "promise of change" is more or less a mirage and more of a "change of promise".
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by jaxxy(m): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
Excellent7:

Stop embarrasing yourself.
Search the internet and be informed.
Dr. Farooq Kperogi can not be described as a/or one of the "sudden corruption analysts/activists".
He did not fail to speak out severally during Jonathan era.
In fact, unlike some that foresaw the disaster of the present leadership, he vocally supported the present administration to power until it started to become evident that the "promise of change" is more or less a mirage and more of a "change of promise".

If this is the true case then fine. I retract my earlier comments on him bt I wud still do sm confirmation.
Re: Transformation Of Nigeria’s Corruption From Outrage To Comedy - Farooq Kperogi by viviangist: 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Omooba77:
They will come to tell us corruption is just saving face.....
Corruption is endemic, clearing cars at our ports, custom just give arbitrary charge without documentations of how much was truly paid.
Yet by Ogere, some custom officers will be waiting to impound claiming you didnot pay correct charges.
In Ghana, you see how much you are paying without any agent or Church middle man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

T.A Orji Gives Out 30 Cars To Abia Youths; Donates Bus To NANS Zone / 'Buhari And The Demons In His Party' - Leadership / Aisha Buhari Donated Cows To Bauchi Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.