Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,685 members, 7,831,125 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) (101650 Views)

Steps Where Jesus walked Healed a Blind Man Unearthed In Jerusalem / Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Archaeology Proves Exodus From Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Gabe427: 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

This was just yesterday oh.
Now they're praising and singing over this article.
Christians will always shift goal posts.

some Christians actually....

they close thier minds to a lot of things just because they are scared of what might happen to thier fate I've been there and gone past it....

I'm still a Christian

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by CAPSLOCKED: 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2020
marsman:

How you atheist think still baffles me, here is a valid proof in front of you, but you still managed to ignore it and say bullshit.

I JUST HOPE YOU'RE STERILE. FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY IF YOU'RE ALLOWED TO REPRODUCE YOUR OFFSPRINGS MAY END UP FILLING THIS WORLD WITH IDĮOTS.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Samysearch(m): 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!
GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Man that He should lie..

The Bible is the Word of God written by Men who were Inspired by God Himself. Every Part of the Holy Bible is True.

This is a Privileged Generation..

Few weeks ago it was Noah Ark

Today it Jonah and the Whale.

A Serious Message is being passed to us.
Noah and Jonah were Preachers of Righteousness that warned the People of the Wrath of God..

The people in Noah's Generation Refused to Heed
Those in Nineveh listened to Jonah, Repented and Ask God for Mercy.

Today is another opportunity for Someone to Shift From Darkness to Light, From Eternal Destruction to Eternal Life and From Hell to Heaven..

The RAPTURE of the saints is upon us. Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

Personal Raptures are Happening Every Minute. You Don't know your time! Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

If you Have Ears to Hear, you Should Hear

Truly, the Bible word of God?

Avail ur self of this contradiction

GE 1:3-5 On the first day, God created light, then separated light and darkness.
GE 1:14-19 The sun (which separates night and day) wasn't created until the fourth day.

GE 1:11-12, 26-27 Trees were created before man was created.
GE 2:4-9 Man was created before trees were created.

GE 1:20-21, 26-27 Birds were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before birds were created.

GE 1:24-27 Animals were created before man was created.
GE 2:7, 19 Man was created before animals were created.

GE 1:26 Man is to have dominion over fish, birds, cattle, and all wild animals, yet--
GE 2:15-17 It is wrong to be able to tell good from evil, right from wrong.

GE 1:26-27 Man and woman were created at the same time.
GE 2:7, 21-22 Man was created first, woman sometime later.

GE 1:28 God encourages reproduction.
LE 12:1-8 God requires purification rites following childbirth which, in effect, makes childbirth a sin. (Note: The period for purification following the birth of a daughter is twice that for a son.)

GE 1:31 God was pleased with his creation.
GE 6:5-6 God was not pleased with his creation.
(Note: That God should be displeased is inconsistent with the concept of omniscience as well as with the fact that God allegedly does not change his mind: NU 23:19-20, 1SA 15:29, JA 1:17.)
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 15, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I JUST HOPE YOU'RE STERILE. FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY IF YOU'RE ALLOWED TO REPRODUCE YOUR OFFSPRINGS MAY END UP FILLING THIS WORLD WITH IDĮOTS.

I am glad atheists are going extinct because you lot are a foolish blight to the world. Sterility would actually be a blessing on your kind otherwise this world would be staggering around like a drunk
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Did you read the article where it was stated that his findings were inconsistent?
Olodo. grin
The Professor's findings was not what was criticized. It was a Bartley who claimed to be swallowed that Historians and Biologists doubted his story.
Let's not get things mixed up.
I don't take the Prof's tmclaim serious also, but let's not taint our statements because of bias
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by supercase1(m): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
styless:
A wall painting is the supposed evidence? How is that different from the story in the Bible?
To keep being in religion, just forget about evidence otherwise you start questioning everything. I've been there.
No specie of fish exists or existed that could swallow a whole person whole. Let's even say it happened and an alien blue whale swallowed Jonah, he would not have survived past 10 minutes without oxygen.
The way the mouth of whales (the world's largest sea creatures) is designed, swallowing an adult person is pratically impossible.
I know you are not a christian
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2020
God is great,
God do override natural processes to fulfill his word.
Life itself, is a proof that there is God.
Life gave rise to life.

All living thing that exist came from a living being who is God.

The creation itself is a testament that there is indeed a creator.
One of newton principles stated that no event can take place except an eternal force initiates it. The universe universe has a cause that is outside of it. God over rules every laws of nature to fulfill his word.

If you want to know the true way check the fruit of it.

What is the fruit of atheism? Hopelessness, uncertainty and death.
You only have one life dont gamble it away, If the bible is true then you lose and such loss is eternity in Hell.
If the bible is not true then you have nothing to lose.

The gospel of Jesus Christ gives peace, Joy, deliverance and hope.
Jesus died and rose again from the dead to give you everlasting life if you trust in him as your saviour and Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Pelecius: 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

You are Quite right bro.
The reason why even on the cross Jesus said "Father forgive them for they know not what they do "
No one fights on behalf of Jehovah. He might even choose to bless those who say such things against Him. His mercy is undescribable. So, judgement should be left for Him alone. He knows how best to deal with these guys who mock Him.
That's true Sir
God bless you
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
Pelecius:

The Professor's findings was not what was criticized. It was a Bartley who claimed to be swallowed that Historians and Biologists doubted his story.
Let's not get things mixed up.
I don't take the Prof's tmclaim serious also, but let's not taint our statements because of bias

You mean those drawings?
Any sane human being knows you can't use that to validate such story which goes against logic.

Guess you missed this part...

Similarly, biologists do not believe it would be possible for a human to be swallowed whole, let alone survive inside of a whale.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by niyidenrele: 11:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
styless:
A wall painting is the supposed evidence? How is that different from the story in the Bible?
To keep being in religion, just forget about evidence otherwise you start questioning everything. I've been there.
No specie of fish exists or existed that could swallow a whole person whole. Let's even say it happened and an alien blue whale swallowed Jonah, he would not have survived past 10 minutes without oxygen.
The way the mouth of whales (the world's largest sea creatures) is designed, swallowing an adult person is pratically impossible.
can you be wiser than the omnipresent who folds your brain to think??
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Iceberg3: 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hallelujah!
GOD ALMIGHTY is not a Man that He should lie..

The Bible is the Word of God written by Men who were Inspired by God Himself. Every Part of the Holy Bible is True.

This is a Privileged Generation..

Few weeks ago it was Noah Ark

Today it Jonah and the Whale.

A Serious Message is being passed to us.
Noah and Jonah were Preachers of Righteousness that warned the People of the Wrath of God..

The people in Noah's Generation Refused to Heed
Those in Nineveh listened to Jonah, Repented and Ask God for Mercy.

Today is another opportunity for Someone to Shift From Darkness to Light, From Eternal Destruction to Eternal Life and From Hell to Heaven..

The RAPTURE of the saints is upon us. Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

Personal Raptures are Happening Every Minute. You Don't know your time! Humble yourself and Accept The KING of kings..

THERE IS NO MORE TIME!!!

If you Have Ears to Hear, you Should Hear

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tetehjewels:

I am glad atheists are going extinct because you lot are a foolish blight to the world. Sterility would actually be a blessing on your kind otherwise this world would be staggering around like a drunk
The best countries in the world today are atheists-Canada -Norway -Denmark even the Chinese your borrowing from !!! Rational thinkers don’t get played for a fool by a book written by Normads -We’ve been to moon ,we have cars ,cell phones and electricity now -Wake up this is the 21st century not time for 7 virgins and talking snakes -That’s why the European think that an average black man thinks like a child -They sale you a false hope with a book and took you for a ride -Wake up

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Go back to your dictionary and check for the meaning of "extinct".
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Did you read the article where it was stated that his findings were inconsistent?
Olodo. grin

Pele! Brilliant atheist. I believe you were reading in haste not to have seen that it was not every scientists that said that. And the reasons the ones that called his research inconsistence gave showed that they were not even sure of their facts.
Re-read below what they say and now slowly bringing your reasoning senses along as you read;

"However, many historians are no convinced by Bartley’s account, finding inconsistencies in his story.

According to historian Edward Davis, the story may have been inspired by the Gorleston whale, a 30ft rorqual or baleen whale killed near Great Yarmouth in June 1981."

Many Historians not all historians, and those many must be people who are always eager to fault Bible histories like you.
Many was used, like we have (many) atheists on nairaland too.

"The story (may) have been...
When ever you see (May) used like it was used, it shows uncertainty. Mumu grin
I thought you were a learned atheist.

I guess Edward Davis was one of your brothers in atheism.

Happy weekend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 15, 2020
i dont get it..is it the wall painting that is supposed to be evidence?
the story of jonah might just be a figurative story for us to learn lessons from it
It might as well be someone arguing that the parable of the prodigal son or that of the Good samaritan happened in real life and not just a story told by Jesus
i know some fake pastors here will argue that the Good samaritan actually happened in real life and that they even knew the Good samaritan"s wife?
Anyway this one about saying there is now proof that a whale swallowed jonah for 3 days by a whale will be good for business
At least the tourism industry will triple and more coins and shekel notes into the isreali govt purse
smart move cheesy
PS:
And i dont even know why the nigerian govt is so foolish.They could make a lot of money from tourism
AT least Lai muhammed can make one claim that this is the exact spot that Oduduwa fell when he came down from the sky
he can build a memorial there and hundreds of oduduwa pilgrims will be rushing dere and money will be flowing
dats how u make money from tourism
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
9jah:

The best countries in the world today are atheists-Canada -Norway -Denmark even the Chinese your borrowing from !!! Rational thinkers don’t get played for a fool by a book written by Normads -We’ve been to moon ,we have cars ,cell phones and electricity now -Wake up this is the 21st century not time for 7 virgins and talking snakes -That’s why the European think that an average black man thinks like a child -They sale you a false hope with a book and took you for a ride -Wake up

Yet atheism is still going extinct because there is a part of man that exposed our helplessness and desire to depend on someone or something greater.

For some that dependance is on science because they see it as greater but when they discover that science is cold and does not have feelings, they look elsewhere.

Your false hope is in foolishness. You need to wake up
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Go back to your dictionary and check for the meaning of "extinct".

Go back to the dictionary and check the meaning of GOING
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by afecgivers: 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
styless:

You are not even scared of yourself! You don't even know how complex your own cells are made. What do you think when you look at the sky? There are million examples to prove God's power. A God that created ALL.. What will it take for Such a powerful God to create a room and a parlour in the belly of a Fish. Do you know some organism are surviving in your belly? I am not also sure you are born of a woman because if you spent 9months in your mother's belly before birth...then you should believe There is nothing God can not do.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Pele! Brilliant atheist. I believe you were reading in haste not to have seen that it was not every scientists that said that. And the reasons the ones that called his research inconsistence gave showed that they were not even sure of their facts.
Re-read below what they say and now slowly bringing your reasoning senses along as you read;

However, many historians are no convinced by Bartley’s account, finding inconsistencies in his story.

According to historian Edward Davis, the story may have been inspired by the Gorleston whale, a 30ft rorqual or baleen whale killed near Great Yarmouth in June 1981.

Many Historians not all historians, and those many must be people who are always eager to fault Bible histories like you.
Many was used, like we have (many) atheists on nairaland too.

"The story (may) have been...

I guess Edward Davis was one of your brothers in atheism.

Happy weekend

Lol, you're not bright at all.
Where did it state that these" many historians " are people who want to fault the bible? You reason with your emotions and not with your brain, sadly.
If it were a fact, would there be any need to conclude that it's inconsistent?
Clown. cheesy
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
9jah:

europeans used to think like africans during the dark ages cheesy
but since the renaissance period they have since developed and pulled themselves away from religious fanatism

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, you're not bright at all.
Where did it state that these" many historians " are people who want to fault the bible? You reason with your emotions and not with your brain, sadly.
If it were a fact, would there be any need to conclude that it's inconsistent?
Clown. cheesy

Science itself is inconsistent which is why experiments are carried out to check consistency and even at that due to changes over time, results discovered today become inconsistent tomorrow all thanks to what scientists term as evolution.

You claim to reason with your brain but you are the actual onuku
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 11:46pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tetehjewels:

The Bible said Fish but due to size we allude it to Be a whale.

However there is a specie of whale called a whale shark and it is huge yet very gentle and that specie is a FISH.
So Jonah was swallowed by a whale shark
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Lovelyn451(f): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Could be true? Do u have any evidence its a lie? All they do is oppose everything christian
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
aribisala0:

So Jonah was swallowed by a whale shark

I gave an instance of a fish bigger than a whale called a whale shark since you said a whale is not a fish.

How did you jump to the conclusion that I said Jonah was swallowed by a whale shark? Are you people high on your own supply or what?

1 Like

Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 11:48pm On Aug 15, 2020
lefulefu:
europeans used to think like africans during the dark ages cheesy
but since the renaissance period they have since developed and pulled themselves away from religious fanatism
Europeans do not and never have all thought the same way

Ditto for Africans. That is a lazy and irresponsible generalization

Do you think like an "African"
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by aribisala0(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tetehjewels:

I gave an instance of a fish bigger than a whale called a whale shark since you said a whale is not a fish.

How did you jump to the conclusion that I said Jonah was swallowed by a whale shark? Are you people high on your own supply or what?
How did you come to the conclusion that I came to such a conclusion? Is your father high?
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Science itself is inconsistent which is why experiments are carried out to check consistency and even at that due to changes over time, results discovered today become inconsistent tomorrow all thanks to what scientists term as evolution.

You claim to reason with your brain but you are the actual onuku

Lol, Olodo... So why are you jubilating over this inconsistent news then, as if Jonah's bones were just retrieved.
Clown. cheesy
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

Am really sorry I pray God forgive me
You know at a point even Jesus became angry to the foolishness of the traders in the Temple
I got angry at his foolishness and allow my anger have the other side of me

My guy sometimes what guys say about Jesus and Jehovah on nairaland could make one mad. But if you curse them because of their stupidity, you might even be punished by God for doing that. No one helps our God of fight for Him. Let Him judge them according to His will. If chooses to bless them upon all the insults they rain at Him who are we?

As for me, I only attack and deal with guys who insult me. If they like let them say all they want about God. He is God and He does what He likes in Heaven. But me, I am human you insult me because of your stupidity, I serve you back twice in your coin.

Proverbs: 26:5
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he'll be wise in his own eyes.
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
Tetehjewels:

Yet atheism is still going extinct because there is a part of man that exposed our helplessness and desire to depend on someone or something greater.

For some that dependance is on science because they see it as greater but when they discover that science is cold and does not have feelings, they look elsewhere.

Your false hope is in foolishness. You need to wake up
I became a better person when I start asking the right questions and thinking for myself -I don’t reason base on a book with no facts written by normads ,people that don’t even know how the earth works ,telling you fake stories with no evidence-If I may ask you where is the location of your sky god that created the world in 7 days this planet by evidence took millions of years to cool down to earth we know today -As a medical practitioner I don’t do this stupidity of using religious nonsense in my research to save humanity-Do you think Obama or Trump is religious lol -Religion is politics my friend-You’ve been scammed !!!
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by NkemChukwudi: 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
I'll rather vote for Bubu's third term than vote the Iragbiji born politician. undecided

What’s the use of gathering useless 5% votes?

Flat head!
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
Do we need scientific proof to believe the Bible records? I don't think so at all
Re: Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, Olodo... So why are you jubilating over this inconsistent news then, as if Jonah's bones were just retrieved.
Clown. cheesy

Were your great great grandfather's bones retrieved? Yet you believe you had one. Have you seen it before?

Onuku

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Ministers of God You Mustn't Fail To Listen To / Top 10 Churches Where God Is Not Worshiped / My Favourite Bible Passage: The Palm Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.