Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial (33501 Views)

Lance Corporal Martins Feared Dead As Buratai Attempts Coverup - SaharaReporters / Victoria, Wife Of Lance Corporal Martins Arrested For Granting Media Interview / Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by dre11(m): 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2020
Army Transfers Lance Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial Court

Idakpini was arrested in June 2020 shortly after he made a viral video castigating Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Burutai, for the failings of the army to combat and destroy Boko Haram.

The Nigerian Army has transferred Lance Corporal Martins Idakpini to Sokoto in a bid to secretly arraign him before a martial court.

Tope Akinyode, Idakpini's lawyer, made the disclosure on Saturday.

Akinyode said, "Information reaching me right now indicates that Lance Corporal Martins has been surreptitiously moved from Abuja to Sokoto to be tried before a martial court on Monday.

"I'm also informed that the army is forcing a lawyer from within the Force on Lance Corporal Martins in a desperate attempt to jeopardise the case and wrongly convict the detained soldier.

"Lance Corporal Martins has been brutalised and subjected to a great deal of dehumanising treatment. He was also denied food and has therefore developed ulcer."

Idakpini was arrested in June 2020 shortly after he made a viral video castigating Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Burutai, for the failings of the army to combat and destroy Boko Haram.

Since his arrest, he has remained in detention, incomunicado.

Army Blocks Lance Corporal Martins From Seeing Lawyer And Family Despite Court Order

On July 22, 2020, an Abuja Federal High Court ordered the army to grant the detained soldier immediate access to his lawyer and family after Akinyode argued an ex parte.

Justice AI Chikere held that it was a continuous breach of the detained soldier's fundamental human rights to be denied access to his lawyer and family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuANgLDzXB0

However, Akinyode who is also the National President of Revolutionary Lawyers' Forum, said the army refused to grant him access to his client despite being served copies of the court processes.

Akinyode said, "We wrote the AGF and Chief of Army Staff to notify them of the court order. I also called the AGF on phone and he assured me the court order would be obeyed. But myself and Lance Corporal Martins' wife visited the army headquarters thrice to see my client, but we were blocked."

Akinyode, who vowed to resist the move by the army, said refusal of the Nigerian Government to obey court orders ridicules the country in the global community.

https://saharareporters.com/2020/08/15/breaking-army-transfers-lance-corporal-martins-sokoto-secret-arraignment-martial-court

4 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Leboska(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
You mean boys scout with gun? The most useless people

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Nbotee(m): 8:11pm On Aug 15, 2020
In dis country and under dis govt, lawlessness is the order of d day...

95 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Racoon(m): 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
"...In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."-( George Orwell Visionary English Journalist & Novelist).

"...When tyranny and oppression comes into the land,it will be in the guise of fighting crime."-James Madison(US President 1809-1817)

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
Wahala, meanwhile another bad night for punters; ManCity is losing gallantly, unlike Barça

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by olaric(m): 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
Almost at that stage of my life when nothing about this country catches me unaware again.

21 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by ednut1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
But same SH said he has been killed na

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Gabe427: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
ha my base state

they usually send high profile cases here and they disappear

it a low key town

people don't care

3 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by ForeThinker: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Staying quiet doesn't mean I have nothing to say, it means I don't think you're ready to hear my thoughts.

9 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Mrshape: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by GOFRONT(m): 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
Army transfer Corporal Martins to Abbatoir.....If u know

5 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Sannisege: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
The man never die again? Fake news everywhere.
Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by superior1: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
They are trying to make a scapegoat out of the fella. Only God can free him from the clutch of Buhari and his evil enforcers.

11 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by oka4ugoo: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
For this country,
You beta hold body,
Come hold ur mouth join
because as e be so eh
If you talk anyhow or
Do anyhow
Omo you go collect
You go see anyhow
Body go tell you
And before court go save your a$$ they don treat ur f*uk up finish.

Imagine an architect wey get judgment from court go enforce the judgment of court for enugu airport together with the bailiffs of court, Enugu govt. go destroy the man house without an order of court.

My people fuel now na #150 where is NLC?
Where are the occupy Nigeria?

Everybody don dey hold body

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Maize621: 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
I am upset with the governance I have been subjected to as an adult Nigerian and I fear for my children. If I have my way I will trade my Nigerian citizenship, it is that bad

I am not talking politics or political parties. I mean governance and it has been total failure

dre11:

Army Transfers Lance Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial Court

https://saharareporters.com/2020/08/15/breaking-army-transfers-lance-corporal-martins-sokoto-secret-arraignment-martial-court

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by NewDelhi(m): 9:47pm On Aug 15, 2020
Though they said he was killed.
Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by marsman: 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
Leboska:
You mean boys scout with gun? The most useless people
boyscout who's major purpose is to oppress the citizens who's tax are being used to pay there salaries

15 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Amspecial: 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
angry

1 Like

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by DropsMic(m): 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2020
Sad

1 Like

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Omogoddy: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
May the almighty God rescue him in Jesus name

3 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by chukwuibuipob: 9:53pm On Aug 15, 2020
sad BURATAI is a lunatic baztard

9 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by twilliamx(m): 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Kk
Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Flexherbal(m): 9:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nigeria matter wear agbada.

2 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by zikter(m): 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
NewDelhi:
Though they said he was killed.
I heard it too. Sahara reporters I think. I hate fake news
Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by LandMann: 9:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
Till now nobody knows if this corporal is a fictious entity created by Sahara reporters to malign the military... Where is the soldier's family?
Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by BigBashiru: 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
dre11:

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by empressteemah06(f): 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
Nigeria shall be free one day.

I have decided to always pray for Nigeria.

The curses generations before us laid on her is affecting her already and indirectly affecting the citizens. I don't want my children to suffer too.

Please change your mindset and pray for Nigeria.

Epe irandiran lonja Nigeria
Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by BigBashiru: 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
dre11:

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2020
Las Las they will murder him extrajudicially.

No be Nigeria again?

The leaders are power drunk.

5 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by BigBashiru: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2020
dre11:

The black man has always been wicked to themselves since time immemorial. It's Nigerians holding Nigeria back. To a large extent Nigeria has a toxic and archaic culture still rooted in deep seated partriarchy and toxic masculinity. I hope this soldier remains safe. These guys can do anything to save face or preserve ego......

4 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by Mrpojj(m): 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
ednut1:
But same SH said he has been killed na

They never said so
Said "might" have been killed

6 Likes

Re: Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial by wwwihy: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
sahara reporters and fake news

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

March 11 Elections: Govs Panic, Seek Remedies To Avert Disaster / Our ‘City Boy’ Has Brought Extreme Hardship – Bishop Adeoye / Obasanjo Tells Buhari To Meet With Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.