Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience (17320 Views)

Prayers To Break All Ties Of Incubus And Succubus. And My Own Personal Experienc / What Personal Experience Made You Believe God's Miracles Do Happen? / Check Out 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting And Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
diaspoAFRICANS:

Fasting does not break the yoke but God breaks the yoke when you...
when the apostles ask Jesus why they couldn't cast out the demon inside the young boy, he said to them that this certain stronghold can be broken with only fasting and prayers

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Kobojunkie: 4:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:
prayer is the key but fasting strengthens the prayers because some prayers are just weak
Another lie! Prayer is not the key. Obedience is
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 4:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Futurejoy:

High man, I greet you grin
I greet you too
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Deborah98(f): 4:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
Exactly dear,I get revived each time I engage in a fasting program, God bless us all and keep strengthening us Amen
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
daveP:
Fasting is just a spiritual excercise

Both good, bad and ugly do it when tuning in to subject the flesh for a spiritual journey. Its the prayers that is key in the Christian Walk.
there is nothing spiritual about fasting. It is about the body, not the spirit
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
daveP:

I'd have said you're saying what i said from reverse mode, but for strengthening part.... Naaaah. Prayers are not weak. People's faith are.

Fasting just subjects the body to a Sobriety. Together, they are very very effective as Christ said.

Individually in comparism, Prayer is effective alone than just fasting alone.

Together, very effective. That's my whole point so far. Gracias.
Fasting alone (as you called it) doesn't exist

You can pray without fasting but you can't fast without prayers, just ask your pastor if fasting strengthens prayers

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
I have never fasted in my fucking whole life and i'm perfectly okay financially, spiritually and phisically! Can you explain that?
grin

You are right! Fasting is not even unique to any religion and even non-believers do it..they call it dieting.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
mariahAngel:

Do you know the perfect peace of God? You know, the kind that transcends all understanding?
The kind that even though everything around you seem to be falling apart, but spiritually, you're just calm.
The kind that even though you want to worry to match a helpless situation, you just simply can't. You just simply cannot be bothered.
You wake up to find out your house was burgled, and valuable items stolen, you try to worry but you're just not shaken. You know it's not natural to feel that way for someone who's just been robbed, but you simply are not bothered.
Have you felt that kind of peace?
the pea ce of God has nothing to do with religious fasting. The kind of fasting God instead prescribed is found in Isaiah 58
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:
Yes you can be very OK in life without fasting, fasting is a plus in spiritual journey, it's like group of people trekking from ogun to Lagos, one of them went and took tramadol, raw Jin mixed with cocain

On that journey, when they come across hoodlums who wants to snatch their phones, he's likely to challenge them and disagree in tending his phone

If the hoodlums pursued them with guns, the guy on cocain will still run sustaining his strength, others will collapse before him

Fasting is just building your spiritual muscles and strength, fasting gives your prayers strength
your fasting has nothing to do with the spirit. Not even man's spirit is rejuvenated by it
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
HE THAT FASTS E DO SO FOR HIS /HER OWN GOOD. YOUR POINTS ARE GOOD ANYWAY..
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by starz100: 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:
This is an illustration, come to think of it, a Christian can encounter danger also which prompts that he has to run
Thank you for this TKO reply
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by starz100: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:
wrong wrong wrong, if I have interview to attend and I need success, are you saying that what my fasting does is to see what will happen in the interview before attending?

No, what fasting does is to empower my prayers so it'll yield result
No you are wrong here. Fasting boosts your spiritual antenna. Concerning the interview, fasting with prayers can make someone gain some insight to an interview he about attending, for example the holy spirit can reveal to him or her that the interview will begin before the scheduled time therefore prompting to go early. The holy spirit can reveal to him or her the questions are drawn from a particular area and who said the Spirit can not reveal the questions your lecturer has set, even before the exams, you can ask Rev Dr Arinsola for this fact
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
starz100:

No you are wrong here. Fasting boosts your spiritual antenna. Concerning the interview, fasting with prayers can make someone gain some insight to an interview he about attending, for example the holy spirit can reveal to him or her that the interview will begin before the scheduled time therefore prompting to go early. The holy spirit can reveal to him or her the questions are drawn from a particular area and who said the Spirit can not reveal the questions your lecturer has set, even before the exams, you can ask Rev Dr Arinsola for this fact
boost what spiritual antenna? Think about these things you all say.

How can depriving the body cause a change to the spirit of man? Does the body control the spirit?
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Goldp5988(f): 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:

1... Strength

Nothing gives you strength to overcome sin like fasting, every small contact with a woman your dick stands, this doesn't happen when you fast, you have this ability to stand your ground

Fasting is the only thing that can give you strength to fast, when I fast I have the urge to fast more

2.. Spiritual immune

What I mean by spiritual immune is the same thing your biological immune do for you, when your immune system is strong it fights sickness without your knowledge

When you live a fasting and prayer lifestyle, it strengthens your spiritual immune that the spiritual bullets shot at you won't peneterate without you even knowing

3... Your spiritual porters opens up

Anytime am on fast my spiritual porters (doors) opens up that I can receive and give spiritually, I can easily connect to the anointing and disconnects from the world

4... Revelation outbreak

The first time I heard from God was
In a middle of 7 days water fasting in camp of faith okigwe, fasting connects you to the voice of the Holy spirit, fasting also attract the voice of the enemy but the same fasting will dictate the voice of the enemy

Fasting brings revelations in all angle, both in dreams, scriptural and human utterances

5...fasting breaks the yoke

There are certain things you can't conquer without fasting, there are battles you can't win without fasting

I spent many years in the bondage of masturbation until my fasting lifestyle began, I broke out in Mountain of fire prayer city Lagos, if you are a believer fasting is for you

Remember when you fast without prayers, you are just looking for a shape

Noted
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by spyglaxx: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:
wrong wrong wrong, if I have interview to attend and I need success, are you saying that what my fasting does is to see what will happen in the interview before attending?

No, what fasting does is to empower my prayers so it'll yield result

I once got the question to an interview 30 mins to the time. My own fasting always push me to another dimension.

My own pursuit is know things before they happen, and it is possible.

God is so spacious but you will only accommodate what your faith can carry. Remember the parable of the talents , he gave them according to their own capacity.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by spyglaxx: 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
starz100:

The Holy Spirit once gave me questions minutes to an interview.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Joshmodest:
The only benefit of fasting is --- you get to save some food ...that's all !!
says someone who is carnal......you are simply flesh living with your five senses.....
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by redsun(m): 8:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
The only feasible things fasting do for you is save you some money for not eating too much, detox your body by getting rid of accumulated waste and keep you fit if you are fat

Too much fasting on the hand could be counter-productive, especially when you don't eat highly nutritious and balanced diets to replenish the lost nutrients. That could lead to hallucinations that some people may interpret as an encounter with God.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by ThothHermes: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
I have never fasted in my fucking whole life and i'm perfectly okay financially, spiritually and phisically! Can you explain that?
Altars. Foundations.

You have some sort of spiritual backing. Some people have to dig their own wells. Some have theirs dug for them.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
ThothHermes:
Altars. Foundations.

You have some sort of spiritual backing. Some people have to dig their own wells. Some have theirs dug for them.
Not necessarily!
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by ThothHermes: 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Not necessarily!
This guy again. undecided
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Exmilitant(m): 9:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
ThothHermes:
Altars. Foundations.

Atta boy! The most brilliant answer you gave there. Everyone on my mention was answering from a narrow perspective.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by ThothHermes: 9:29pm On Aug 16, 2020
Exmilitant:
Atta boy! The most brilliant answer you gave there. Everyone on my mention was answering from a narrow perspective.
It's true. Nothing is random. Someone in your ancestry did something right and you are reaping the benefits.
A person whose lineage was full of wrongdoers will have to fast and pray their way out of predicaments, or risk passing it to their offspring. We are all a continuation of something, good or bad.

The spirit realm is very precise and the physical realm is a slave to it. In the grand scheme of things, there is no such thing as chance or luck.

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
lastchild:

1... Strength

Nothing gives you strength to overcome sin like fasting, every small contact with a woman your dick stands, this doesn't happen when you fast, you have this ability to stand your ground

Fasting is the only thing that can give you strength to fast, when I fast I have the urge to fast more

2.. Spiritual immune

What I mean by spiritual immune is the same thing your biological immune do for you, when your immune system is strong it fights sickness without your knowledge

When you live a fasting and prayer lifestyle, it strengthens your spiritual immune that the spiritual bullets shot at you won't peneterate without you even knowing

3... Your spiritual porters opens up

Anytime am on fast my spiritual porters (doors) opens up that I can receive and give spiritually, I can easily connect to the anointing and disconnects from the world

4... Revelation outbreak

The first time I heard from God was
In a middle of 7 days water fasting in camp of faith okigwe, fasting connects you to the voice of the Holy spirit, fasting also attract the voice of the enemy but the same fasting will dictate the voice of the enemy

Fasting brings revelations in all angle, both in dreams, scriptural and human utterances

5...fasting breaks the yoke

There are certain things you can't conquer without fasting, there are battles you can't win without fasting

I spent many years in the bondage of masturbation until my fasting lifestyle began, I broke out in Mountain of fire prayer city Lagos, if you are a believer fasting is for you

Remember when you fast without prayers, you are just looking for a shape
Nice!! This is cool.

How about the spirit spouse battle. I'll like to ask few questions, just wanted to know. There was a time you loose touch with God due to the Spirit spouse warfare and you said that no one should preach about Jesus to you, how did you reconnect back to Christ?
And what about the spirit spouse, does it still manifest physically or spiritually in dreams.? Are you married now or that aspect is getting settled! Will love to hear from you, thanks.

1 Like

Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kobojunkie:
your fasting has nothing to do with the spirit. Not even man's spirit is rejuvenated by it
it has a lot to do with the spirit.
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tosinex:
it has a lot to do with the spirit.
No it does not! All it does is torture/disciipline your body..and nothing more
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Mattmafen(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
Woah..I love this so much. What am insight. God bless you for sharing this great wisdom
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by lastchild: 5:16am On Aug 17, 2020
spyglaxx:

I once got the question to an interview 30 mins to the time. My own fasting always push me to another dimension.

My own pursuit is know things before they happen, and it is possible.

God is so spacious but you will only accommodate what your faith can carry. Remember the parable of the talents , he gave them according to their own capacity.
well its good you said "your own fasting"

Just like I opened this thread saying "based on my own personal experience"
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by tabithababy(f): 8:06am On Aug 17, 2020
ThothHermes:
Altars. Foundations.

You are very correct. His ancestors have prepared for him
Re: 5 Spiritual Benefits Of Fasting Based On My Own Personal Experience by Ebhohimhen2: 8:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Christians watch how a man defended Christ again Muslims and zakir naik
And please subscribe please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmhl7HawP8w

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Joshua Iginla Gives 40 Disables Including Muslims N150k Each To Mark Birthday / Christians Not Allowed Places Of Worship In Some Northern Tertiary Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.