Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer (11486 Views)

What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / 7 Things Every Christian Should Do Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 4:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Xmuslim:

According to Islam, you will burn in hell fire forever if you don't become a Muslim despite knowing that Islam exist.

What about that? Aren't you afraid of Allah hell fire

Allah's followers don't even know if they will make paradise. And they're informed to ask Christians the way when they are set. Read wide
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=92875708][/quote]

And you are an expert in prayer to approve this mumbo jumbo?

1 Like

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Prayer is the most useless and ineffective action to take in the face of issues

Nothing fails like prayer

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.

Do you pray or you are talking from hearsay?
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Deborah98(f): 4:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
In summary nothing should take the place of prayer brethren,make out time from your busy schedule to pray and watch how things turn around for you grin

2 Likes

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 5:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingxsamz:
Fun fact: prayers don't grow amputated limps.

It's spelt limbs not limps. Now that you have learned something again, how many amputees do you know personally?
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by gold39(f): 5:10pm On Aug 16, 2020
Charlex23:
Prayer is the master key. Nice write up op.
Those atheist(s) commenting above me,if u guys hv nothing meaningful to say just sharap. just pray you don't miss heaven b4 it's too late
AMEN IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME.

1 Like

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by belcom10(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Xmuslim: 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2020
Image123:

Allah's followers don't even know if they will make paradise. And they're informed to ask Christians the way when they are set. Read wide
they won't be muslims if they interpret your statement in your way. They have their separate interpretation that suit them just like you. You are both biase judging eath other religions from your religion perspective and thinking the other party should agree with you.

As a former Muslim, let me give you Muslim interpretation of your statement
1. Muslim don't know if they will make paradise because in Islam you are to humble yourself before Allah. So, the statement is not taken literarily by Muslims. Infact, the ticket to paradise according to Islamic worldview is to become a Muslim. Muhammad and Qur'an says every Muslims will enter paradise

2. Muslims were told to ask Christians just to confirm that Muhammad didn't bring anything new. And the Christians refereed to here don't use the same Bible that you use today.

I don't care about Islam or Christianity but that is what an average knowledgeable Muslim will tell you as a response to your accusation.

Now do you see that it depend on your worldview as both Muslim and Christian will continue to defend their faiths.

So think again. What if Islam is the way, aren't you afraid of Allah hell fire
grin
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Timothyoj(m): 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Prayer is the most useless and ineffective action to take in the face of issues

Nothing fails like prayer

You would have the same success praying to a milk jug as you do praying to god -- the milk jug sometimes answers your prayer the way you want to, sometimes not and sometimes the answer is delayed. See the problem here? If things turn out the way you want them to, you say it was because you prayed. If not, it's because god knows what's best and you didn't pray for the right thing. Or, if it happens 10 years later you say god answered your prayer, it was just delayed. This is nonsense. You would have the exact same effect doing nothing.

I pray for God's grace to seek you. May you not perish with your state of wisdom in prayers.....
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Xmuslim: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Timothyoj:

I pray for God's grace to seek you. May you not perish with your state of wisdom in prayers.....
you are still praying grin. Nobody answer prayers, don't you understand
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by delkuf(m): 3:44am On Aug 17, 2020
Xmuslim:
illusion grin. Muslim gives similar testimony.
Your case is even worst. Suppose after leaving Muslim you came to Christ, it would have been better. You left darkness in Muslim and came to an even darker darkness in atheist. your case is worst
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Xmuslim: 11:35am On Aug 17, 2020
delkuf:
Your case is even worst. Suppose after leaving Muslim you came to Christ, it would have been better. You left darkness in Muslim and came to an even darker darkness in atheist. your case is worst
lol! For your mind. How can I believe a god that transfer sin of Adam to his generation and only require his only begotten son to be killed before he could forgive. Is that not ridiculous? It is laughable grin

Why did he even create Adam in the first place. Weak gods every where

2 Likes

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by delkuf(m): 12:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Xmuslim:
lol! For your mind. How can I believe a god that transfer sin of Adam to his generation and only require his only begotten son to be killed before he could forgive. Is that not ridiculous? It is laughable grin

You are asking why God created Adam, that means you should be asking why God created you.
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
Xmuslim:
they won't be muslims if they interpret your statement in your way. They have their separate interpretation that suit them just like you. You are both biase judging eath other religions from your religion perspective and thinking the other party should agree with you.

As a former Muslim, let me give you Muslim interpretation of your statement
1. Muslim don't know if they will make paradise because in Islam you are to humble yourself before Allah. So, the statement is not taken literarily by Muslims. Infact, the ticket to paradise according to Islamic worldview is to become a Muslim. Muhammad and Qur'an says every Muslims will enter paradise

2. Muslims were told to ask Christians just to confirm that Muhammad didn't bring anything new. And the Christians refereed to here don't use the same Bible that you use today.

I don't care about Islam or Christianity but that is what an average knowledgeable Muslim will tell you as a response to your accusation.

Now do you see that it depend on your worldview as both Muslim and Christian will continue to defend their faiths.

So think again. What if Islam is the way, aren't you afraid of Allah hell fire
grin

You have not said anything different. All they do is hope that their good works(righteousness) will be acceptable and exceeding. They are not surer than the next 'good' person. Also you confirm that they are to ask Christians the way, only that you do not think i'm Christian enough for the context.
Summary remains no religion poses the exclusivity of the WAY except Jesus. If we suppose there is any other way, you can be sure that i will "chance" anybody in such a supposed way. The true Christian will easily qualify for any heaven even if it were made by the devil or atheists.
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
Obedience is the key to answers to prayer

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Xmuslim: 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
Image123:

You have not said anything different. All they do is hope that their good works(righteousness) will be acceptable and exceeding. They are not surer than the next 'good' person. Also you confirm that they are to ask Christians the way, only that you do not think i'm Christian enough for the context.
Summary remains no religion poses the exclusivity of the WAY except Jesus. If we suppose there is any other way, you can be sure that i will "chance" anybody in such a supposed way. The true Christian will easily qualify for any heaven even if it were made by the devil or atheists.

Read my post again but this time gently
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 2:51am On Aug 18, 2020
Xmuslim:

Read my post again but this time gently

Any true Christian will "chance" any religion in their heaven. God has simply made us that good. No matter the syllabus, we over qualify and out perform them all. Selah
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by kingxsamz(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2020
Xmuslim:

grin grin
I swear.
When you say the story just exactly the way it is, it sound more ridiculous.
Sacrificed his son so as to prevent himself for punishing his creation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Xmuslim: 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
Image123:

Any true Christian will "chance" any religion in their heaven. God has simply made us that good. No matter the syllabus, we over qualify and out perform them all. Selah
Muslim believe they outperform other religions too. They go to mosque 5 times a day. Their Qur'an says that anyone that practice another religion other than Islam will be prevented from entering paradise.

So, again, since both religions can't stand honest and unbiased criticism. Neither of you have the right to claim you are more entitled to the imaginary paradise.

Think through it.
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Xmuslim:
Muslim believe they outperform other religions too. They go to mosque 5 times a day. Their Qur'an says that anyone that practice another religion other than Islam will be prevented from entering paradise.

So, again, since both religions can't stand honest and unbiased criticism. Neither of you have the right to claim you are more entitled to the imaginary paradise.

Think through it.

Going to mosque or church five times is not a guarantee of heaven, is it? We have sinners in both places so find something else. Like ive said, the muslins themselves are not sure of their heaven as you agreed. We will chance them in good before their god anyday. Find another dull line, escape hell.
According to the Quran, the basic criterion for salvation in the afterlife is the belief in the oneness of God, angels of God, revealed books of God, messengers of God, as well as repentance to God, and doing good deeds. This is the basic Islam so explain how i don't chance the large percentage of immoral fellows claiming other religions. Better find your way to Jesus sharply and stop looking for holes in your pocket.

#edited
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Xmuslim: 3:40am On Aug 19, 2020
Image123:

Going to mosque or church five times is not a guarantee of heaven, is it? We have sinners in both places so find something else. Like ive said, the muslins themselves are not sure of their heaven as you agreed. We will chance them in good before their god anyday. Find another dull line, escape hell.
According to the Quran, the basic criterion for salvation in the afterlife is the belief in the oneness of God, angels of God, revealed books of God, messengers of God, as well as repentance to God, and doing good deeds. This is the basic Islam so explain how i don't chance the large percentage of immoral fellows claiming other religions. Better find your way to Jesus sharply and stop looking for holes in your pocket.

#edited

It is very funny how both Muslims and Christian interpret each other scriptures to suit them

For example, you interpreted the Islamic paradise requisite the way it suit Christians, and according to your pastor interpretation. If Muslims agree with your interpretation -
- why did Qur'an says Christian would enter hell fire?
- Why did Muhammad disallow Muslim women from marrying Christians?
- Why did Muhammad wage war against Jews.
- why did Qur'an condemn trinity

Muslims are not immune from similar error.
- They claim that the comforter promised in the Bible is Muhammad, even though Christian interpreted it to be the holy spirit, Muslim would say Christian interpreted it wrong.
- Muslim claim there the verse that says that jesus worship God in prostration is referring to the Muslim mode of worship.

Only an outsider of both religion will be able to see this fallacious claims exhibit by both Muslims and Christians.

Ex muslims that converted to Christianity are those that are either not knowledgeable about the ridiculous stuffs in Christianity or those that can't live without religion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2020
Xmuslim:

It is very funny how both Muslims and Christian interpret each other scriptures to suit them

For example, you interpreted the Islamic paradise requisite the way it suit Christians, and according to your pastor interpretation. If Muslims agree with your interpretation -
- why did Qur'an says Christian would enter hell fire?
- Why did Muhammad disallow Muslim women from marrying Christians?
- Why did Muhammad wage war against Jews.
- why did Qur'an condemn trinity

Muslims are not immune from similar error.
- They claim that the comforter promised in the Bible is Muhammad, even though Christian interpreted it to be the holy spirit, Muslim would say Christian interpreted it wrong.
- Muslim claim there the verse that says that jesus worship God in prostration is referring to the Muslim mode of worship.

Only an outsider of both religion will be able to see this fallacious claims exhibit by both Muslims and Christians.

Ex muslims that converted to Christianity are those that are either not knowledgeable about the ridiculous stuffs in Christianity or those that can't live without religion

What is funny is that you are stammering. Relax and stay on point, or are you by chance a closet muslin? We are talking about getting to Heaven so stay on that, stop fidgetting about doctrines and why doctrines are not aligned. Here are the facts laid out again for you.

Core Islam recognizes the freedom and other rights of the followers of the previous religions. Muslims are commanded to hold them in considerable respect. Moreover, Islam knows those followers eligible for salvation; it all depends on one’s deeds and faith in God, according to their teachings. In Surah al-Baqarah it is said that: “Indeed, the faithful, the Jews, the Christians, and the Sabaeans—those of them who have faith in God and the Last Day and act righteously—they shall have their reward from their Lord, and they will have no fear, nor will they grieve” (2:62).  In other words, according to the Islamic principles, it is disagreeable to punish those who have not received the message of Islam either before its rise or after that, and God will never do that.

And of course, we all know that not all muslims, or christians are going to heaven, whichever one you choose. The muslin key to the eternal salvation and heaven is doing good deeds. If you do not know this basic fact, you have no business talking religion, especially Islam. Whoever submits to Islam but does not do any good deeds will not go to heaven. On the contrary, there are people who are not Muslim, as we call it, but they will accept Islam if they receive its message and therefore, they might enter heaven. In other words, one should have faith and submit to God, and this should be manifested in one’s acts. This colored text is the teaching of any "good" muslim scholar. The Quran says: “We do not punish (any community) until We have sent (to them) an apostle”. Evidently, that teaches that some non muslims will not be "punished".

That being said, why don't we cut the chase and turn the gun barrel where it really should be, on your head. i'm not discussing with any muslin here except you are a shy one. What we should be caring about is NOT if there is a muslin hell or heaven. How about IF there is a christian hell and heaven? What happens to you? You are suggesting and consistently pushing the chances of other religion's heavens and hells existing. That obviously does not bother me because i over-qualify for any Heaven. Not proud, but just stating a not too obvious fact to the blind. So again, let's turn that barrel of the gun away from me and imaginary other religions. Let's turn it on you. What to do? IF there is Heaven and Hell fire, how do you suppose you are going to fare with Jesus Christ being the ONLY way to Heaven. When are you going to consider having Him into your life?

You know, christianity is not all these academic twists. It is life. Anyone that has not encountered the Life in Christ does not know what he is talking about. He is not knowledgeable about Jesus and is just throwing punches in the air. Have you ever experienced the great change that comes with been really born again? Did you get unspeakable joy, did you receive peace that passed understanding? Or you just received some verses you got to study? i think you have being scammed. If all you know about Jesus and the Way is some couple of 'ridiculous' verses, you were sold the wrong thing. You need the real Jesus.

Again, i will clearly state that you consider yourself and not put up some imaginary muslin or any other religion to cover you. Let's discuss one on one, forget the cowardice. Bringing up many ways does not mean there is no way. We know the Way, we are there. Allow us to show you.
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Xmuslim: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
Image123:

I give up. You may enjoy your victory since you know Qur'an more than the Muslims.

My point is simple. You heard about Islam and for some reasons, you denied Muhammad (same way I did). If Muhammad actually came from God, both you and me are going to hell forever so stop your self righteousness that is based on your indoctrination.

For me, I'm sure that both Islam and Christianity either didn't come from any divine origin or that divine personality is deficient in many ways such as scientific knowledge, justice approach, logic etc. So deal with it grin

Lest I fgt. All the verses you quoted have tafseer and majority of muslim scholars agree that any Christian that deny Muhammad despite knowing his claim would end in hell for eternity. So, stop claiming too know about Muslim scripture.
Re: Five Things Every Christian Should Know About Prayer by Image123(m): 12:35am On Aug 22, 2020
Xmuslim:
I give up. You may enjoy your victory since you know Qur'an more than the Muslims.

My point is simple. You heard about Islam and for some reasons, you denied Muhammad (same way I did). If Muhammad actually came from God, both you and me are going to hell forever so stop your self righteousness that is based on your indoctrination.

For me, I'm sure that both Islam and Christianity either didn't come from any divine origin or that divine personality is deficient in many ways such as scientific knowledge, justice approach, logic etc. So deal with it grin

Lest I fgt. All the verses you quoted have tafseer and majority of muslim scholars agree that any Christian that deny Muhammad despite knowing his claim would end in hell for eternity. So, stop claiming too know about Muslim scripture.

Your cowardice is acknowledged and your point remains pointless. You think you are sure about religion but you politically want others to consider and assume what you are too cowardly to assume. i will tell you what i know. You will never find peace outside God. Go and think about that while you may.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Favourite Preacher And Why / Phone Ringing During Church Service / Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.