Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Let Us Talk Audi’s - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let Us Talk Audi’s (2187 Views)

Checkout How This Audi R8 Was Transformed In Nigeria (photos) / Audi Ditches Russian Doll Car Design So That You Can Differentiate All Its Model / Audi Reportedly Made Thousands Of Vehicles With The Same VIN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hello Autolanders - As you know we are your car guys from across the ocean.
We wanted to start a thread for Audi lovers and those curious about Audi’s .

Audi’s are not very popular in Nigeria , but her elder sister VW is !
What are the challenges of using Audi’s in Nigeria ?

What do we Nigerians know about Audi’s ?

What car troubles do you experience with your Audi ?

Why do you love the Audi’s ?

Let’s Talk Audi !!!!!

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by Nwunuken(m): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Let me seat down and learn
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by gayman99: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
Abeg bring it on
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
As for us at AutoShalom USA , we love very unique cars and ofcourse luxury . Audi has answered that call , a unique , luxury car that is affordable .

In Nigeria - We say Audi 80 , Audi 90, Audi 100, Audi TT, and all of a sudden the Audi’s started disappearing from the Nigerian roads !

I loved my uncles Audi 90 .

Audi’s are now Owned by VW Group ( VAG ) . It has remained one of Germany’s iconic car brand .
Audi’s never really lacked anything ( They are powerful , rugged , agile, smart, economical, and easy in the eyes with their fine stylings .

There is an Audi for every lifestyle !

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
Most Racers and Adrenaline junkies love the Audi RS series ! ( 350+hp ) .

Did you know Audi pioneered the standard AWD system. They call it “ Quattro” ! .

Did you know most fun Audi cars are Turbo-Charged , hence giving the engine more power to compete or intimidate!

Check out these Audi A4 1.8T

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by uboma(m): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
Sounds interesting. I will be following with rapt attention.
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by kingreign(m): 7:36pm On Aug 16, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:
As for us at AutoShalom USA , we love very unique cars and ofcourse luxury . Audi has answered that call , a unique , luxury car that is affordable .

In Nigeria - We say Audi 80 , Audi 90, Audi 100, Audi TT, and all of a sudden the Audi’s started disappearing from the Nigerian roads !

I loved my uncles Audi 90 .

Audi’s are now Owned by VW Group ( VAG ) . It has remained one of Germany’s iconic car brand .
Audi’s never really lacked anything ( They are powerful , rugged , agile, smart, economical, and easy in the eyes with their fine stylings .

There is an Audi for every lifestyle !

To make the matter worse your first picture of an Audi was that of the most terrible useless Audi, Audi all road.

Well, I siddon dey look.

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 8:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
kingreign:

To make the matter worse your first picture of an Audi was that of the most terrible useless Audi, Audi all road.

Well, I siddon dey look.

Audi Allroad was designed for convenience and off-roading purpose. Hence the avant ( wagon ) design . But they are notorious for oil leaks if not routinely maintained. This oil problem is mostly common on the 2.7T V6 engines ( pictured ) . But they will get the job done if put to the test .

We are actually rebuilding a 2002 Allroad , there will be more posts on this project . Stay with us !

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
This Audi Allroad was in a front collision, we picked it up with the intent to rebuild and restore it to be used as our fun runner .

The car has 272k miles on it with the common oil leaks everywhere . The entire engine bay was covered with oil, dust and dirt . Fun fun stuff.
It runs and drives , but not well , I wouldn’t drive it at all . So here are a list of things to be done to the car .

1 - Timing Belt Replacement
2- Tensioners , rollers, idlers, pulleys replaced.
3- Valve cover gasket replacement
4 - Cam seals and gaskets replacement
5 - Intake Valve replacement ( 30 V )
6 - Upgraded Diverter Valves
7 - Upgraded Intake Boot
8 - Engine components cleaning and redressing
9 - New AC condenser
10 - Upgraded headlights
11 - Interior Detailing
12 - Paint restoration
13 - Wheels restoration
14 - Big Brakes upgrade
15 - 20” Rims upgrade .

These are the few items that will need to be done to our Allroad - It’s exciting and yet challenging, but we love Audi’s !!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:
Most Racers and Adrenaline junkies love the Audi RS series ! ( 350+hp ) .

Did you know Audi pioneered the standard AWD system. They call it “ Quattro” ! .

Did you know most fun Audi cars are Turbo-Charged , hence giving the engine more power to compete or intimidate!

Check out these Audi A4 1.8T

I mean, that's just not true. Porsche did.
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Audi is a great car to drive. I owned one in Europe and also in Nigeria but I have been very unlucky with that brand, the experience hasn't been great. Fear dey catch me as I am seeing the car self, that car turned me into an internet mechanic

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I mean, that's just not true. Porsche did.

An Engineer named Ferdinand Porche come up with the AWD idea and prototype called ( Spyker ) , An electric AWD in 1900 , Fast forward to todays TESLA .
But Subaru's and Audis brought the technology mainstream , Audi put these on their cars way even before the auto company Porsche got on board .

Audis and Subarus still makes some of the best AWD systems on the roads today .

2 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 17, 2020
BENZ or Nothing !
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by kingreign(m): 6:17am On Aug 17, 2020
Bonatheripper:
BENZ or Nothing !

Oh just shut it up already. Why can't you folks be reasonable just for once?

5 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 6:39am On Aug 17, 2020
kingreign:

Let him express himself

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 17, 2020
kingreign:

I mean it

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2020
Bonatheripper:

I mean it
If we no drive Benz wetin we gain?

If we no make money
Wetin we gain o? (Wetin we gain?)
My brother wetin we gain (Wetin we gain?)
If we no buy the benz
Wetin we gain? (Wetin we gain?)
My brother Wetin we gain? (Wetin we gain?)
If we no get control
Wetin we gain? (Wetin we gain?)
My brother wetin we gain? (Wetin we gain?)
If we no make money
Wetin we gain o? (Wetin we gain?)
My brother wetin we gain (Wetin we gain?)

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by mejai(m): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2020
Thread go soon scatter. Surely it will end in Benz vs Toyota.
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 9:12am On Aug 17, 2020
mejai:
Thread go soon scatter. Surely it will end in Benz vs Toyota.
Not possible. No one has the life ambition of owning mere Toyota

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
Autolanders , Did you know Audi has been a major contender and rival of Mercedes Benz. Audi has a very rich technology heritage . Benz was designed with comfort and elegance in mind , While Audi’s were designed with comfort and performance.

In as much as Benz is an awesome brand , it won’t be able to outshine the Audi . Audi posses an aggressive stance on their car designs that MUST make you look twice when you see one .

It has always been a hot challenge between these German products . We like the Benz but love our Audi’s

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by mejai(m): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:
Autolanders , Did you know Audi has been a major contender and rival of Mercedes Benz. Audi has a very rich technology heritage . Benz was designed with comfort and elegance in mind , While Audi’s were designed with comfort and performance.

In as much as Benz is an awesome brand , it won’t be able to outshine the Audi . Audi posses an aggressive stance on their car designs that MUST make you look twice when you see one .

It has always been a hot challenge between these German products . We like the Benz but love our Audi’s
He that fetches ants infested wood should be prepared for the visit of the lizards.... grin
Watching

4 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:

Stopeet

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
You have been warned.
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:
https:/
And Another
Which Audi? The one that you have to run mad before replacing ordinary thermostat?

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 2:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
weyreypey:

Which Audi? The one that you have to run mad before replacing ordinary thermostat?

Most Audi maintenance and repair jobs are recommended to be done by professional mechanic or technician. It’s not really a DIY task for someone with limited skills and equipment. Audi’s put their thermostats directly on the engine block, so you have to remove almost all the drivetrain components to access that part, same goes for the water pump . It’s a complex but fun car .

Why are you replacing your thermostat ? Overheating?
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
I Mean , Look at these Mchines .....

All we need are good roads to bring these cars to their full potential !

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:

Most Audi maintenance and repair jobs are recommended to be done by professional mechanic or technician. It’s not really a DIY task for someone with limited skills and equipment. Audi’s put their thermostats directly on the engine block, so you have to remove almost all the drivetrain components to access that part, same goes for the water pump . It’s a complex but fun car .

Why are you replacing your thermostat ? Overheating?

And you wanna compare such travesty with the Mercedes Benz?

1 Like

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
weyreypey:

And you wanna compare such travesty with the Mercedes Benz?

Sounds like you have a problem with Audi ( haha ) Dont take it personal or become emotional about our posts . We all are different so are our preferences , You like Benz, We Like Audi ! - Whats your Problem ? Wanna Race ?

We love all cars, but we just like some better than the others .

Stay positive my friends .......

4 Likes

Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by weyreypey: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:

Sounds like you have a problem with Audi ( haha ) Dont take it personal or become emotional about our posts . We all are different so are our preferences , You like Benz, We Like Audi ! - Whats your Problem ? Wanna Race ?

We love all cars, but we just like some better than the others .

Stay positive my friends .......

Race? On which Nigerian road? Be realistic.
Re: Let Us Talk Audi’s by AutoshalomUSA: 5:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
weyreypey:

Race? On which Nigerian road? Be realistic.

Abuja has a lot of unorganized and underground street racing , Thanks to the good roads there .
Motorsports could be another form of entertainment and leisure for Nigerians , because of our love for cars, we could be racing, breaking and rebuilding cars to go faster and louder , but this culture isnt popular yet in Naija .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Siena help!: Steering Vibration When On 100KM/H On My Camry 2007 SE / Volkswagen Golf 3 2002 Review: Price, Model, Wagon Version, Engine, Specificatio / How Much Is The Cheapest You Can Get A Toyota Corolla 2006 TOKUNBO?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.