Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) (34350 Views)

Rude Boy Fleets Of Cars And Houses Since Parting Away With Peter / Hilarious Animals Captured In Best Photos From Comedy Wildlife Photography Award / Nice Wildlife Photos. Check! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by rezasalari: 9:04am On Aug 17, 2020
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by IamPlato(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
What other wildlife misconceptions have you gotten to clarify? Do share wink

Meanwhile, roasted snake for the house. grin grin
if You Put Hand In Tortoise Ynash the Finger Will Cut Off. How True?
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by jericco1(m): 9:15am On Aug 17, 2020
anthonyuncle:
6. all men cheat

Hmm
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by JohnOkolo: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Never knew men are part of wildlife, but I’ll keep that in mind henceforth.

This response is epic sha.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Hintona(f): 9:16am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
4— Sharks eat humans

Great white shark (ii) Tiger shark (iii) Bull shark (iv)

I don't believe this one cos I read a book named In Harms Way I've forgotten the author but it's a true life story of soldiers on US war ship during the second world war, and when their ship sunk, most of the soldiers that survived were preyed on by sharks.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2020
Lion can easily kill any animal you think is the king of the jungle be it shark, crocodile, python,that is why it is been called Lion King
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by xamuell: 9:26am On Aug 17, 2020
Skepticus:

Nigerian's silly belief that every snake with black skin colouration is a BLACK MAMBA
Black mamba isn't even really black. It is kinda grey. The name comes from the inky black colouration in its mouth.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Deborah98(f): 9:28am On Aug 17, 2020
I have one and it says that all women are female except Bobrisky grin
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:30am On Aug 17, 2020
Deborah98:
I have one and it says that all women are female except Bobrisky grin
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink.

MAD oooooo
O Loud ooooo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Freddonance(m): 9:30am On Aug 17, 2020
xamuell:
Black mamba isn't even really black. It is kinda grey. The name comes from the only black colouration in its mouth.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by xamuell: 9:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Freddonance:

Between Lion & Tiger which is more powerful?
Don't have sufficient facts to answer your question. I'll look it up though
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Freddonance(m): 9:32am On Aug 17, 2020
operationmoses:
Lion can easily kill any animal you think is the king of the jungle be it shark, crocodile, python,that is why it is been called Lion King
Which is more powerful between Lion & tiger
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by steeltrust: 9:32am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

pocohantas my future wife BTW u and onyi22 am confuse on d one to marry
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by IjebuWarrior: 9:32am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
1— The King of The Jungle

OP, the problem with you is... you too like over-sabi. Keep ur lecture to urself, abeg. Carry am go ur Savage Jungle in the SE. angry

Of course most cultures refer to Lion, as King of Jungle more as a figurative analogy NOT, literally.
Lion isn't even the strongest animal in it's domain lest a King. undecided

The other time you were blindly and stupidly arguing about percentiles when it's obvious you don't know the meaning and just blabbing to look cool angry

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Back to the topic, here are some popular wildlife misconceptions I know of…

NOTE: Any word you see highlighted, can be clicked for source, definitions or redirections.
Op I have a proposition for you, please do contact me on my email binarymachine1@gmail.com
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by DeRuggedProf: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2020
Another misconception is that Lala love snake peppersoup... grin
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Fheelzz(m): 9:42am On Aug 17, 2020
Thanks for the info Op
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by prinxemmanuel(m): 9:47am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

You can't remember, yet you want us to do away with the mentality of Lions being the king of the jungle?
Hanty, why na...I'm honestly not trying to troll, just wondering!
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by jornwhite: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Whats more important is the context in which its been used, except you've concluded disney producers don't know what "jungle" means.
There is no misconception about lions been the king, except you have another king in mind. undecided

@ times context discredit meaning.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by lascos912(m): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2020
women
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2020
IamPlato:
if You Put Hand In Tortoise Ynash the Finger Will Cut Off. How True?

I don’t know. Find one and put your hand there. Get back to us... wink

binarymachine:

Op I have a proposition for you, please do contact me on my email binarymachine1@gmail.com

Please state it here if you don’t mind. Thanks

Hintona:

I don't believe this one cos I read a book named In Harms Way I've forgotten the author but it's a true life story of soldiers on US war ship during the second world war, and when their ship sunk, most of the soldiers that survived were preyed on by sharks.

I am not even going to argue their experience with them or you. grin
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pocohantas(f): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2020
J111333:
Lalasticlal has finally been vindicated.grin grin

Why are you like this, Jay? You edited my post. I saw “are” and was wondering why I would type such. I am referring to the snakes attached biko, not all. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by ChrisAC: 9:55am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:
5— Chameleons change their colours to match any environment/background
Chameleon changing its colour to Hollandies or admire...����

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Deborah98(f): 9:56am On Aug 17, 2020
post=92910679:

Hehehehe grin cheesy wink.

MAD oooooo
O Loud ooooo
which one is mad ooooh,hey what's up cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by izombie(m): 10:01am On Aug 17, 2020
Lions live like kings. The male lion has a territory, he protects it from intruders, he protects his wives and kings. It fears no other animal, he is on top of the food chain. he is strong,powerful, majestic and gracious. The only other animal that comes close to a lion is the tiger but the tiger is a loner.
The lion lives like a king thus why he is called the king.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by maitrelalley1(m): 10:05am On Aug 17, 2020
anthonyuncle:
6. all men cheat
'What a man can do a woman can do better'
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Petyprincess(f): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2020
thank you poco, this is insightful!

The misconception i have is about cat,when i was a little kid i have been told if i stare at a cat it will spit on my face and can make me go blind. So even when i feel it's just a myth still i can't stare at a cat's eye directly.

1 Like

Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by Shafiiimran99: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2020
"Ogidan oloo laaju" this title is given to LION by Yoruba. What do you say about that?

As for the Chameleon, I think seeing is believing. So how are we supposed to know it's mood?
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pocohantas(f): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2020
Petyprincess:
thank you poco, this is insightful!

The misconception i have is about cat,when i was a little kid i have been told if i stare at a cat it will spit on my face and can make me go blind. So even when i feel it's just a myth still i can't stare at a cat's eye directly.

It took a friend owning a cat for me to know this is not true. Just like you, I also do not look at cats. I don’t even like to see them. What I feel for cats is fear, not hate. Something about the way they walk and “hide”, creeps me out. cheesy cheesy
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by professore(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Never knew men are part of wildlife, but I’ll keep that in mind henceforth.
I just like this lady's personality/style.
Re: 5 Common Wildlife Misconceptions You Should Do Away With(photos) by pcagbaji(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2020
pocohantas:

I was told that shrew will eventually die when he cross road

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am Too Old To Still Be In The University / Sands Being Packed From A School In Jos With A Tipper (Photos) / ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.