Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,289 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? (23067 Views)

High Paying Contract Job Or State Civil Service: Which Should I Choose? / Ondo State Board Of Internal Revenue Recruitment! / Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service-2017 Rercuitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by ChildofFavor: 6:33am On Aug 17, 2020
Please house, I need you advice.
Currently, I am a duty/maintenance manager in a hotel and I earn about 100k monthly, the job is stressful as I only spend a night in my house every week, most times I sleep in the hotel because I work night. I am not complaining about the stress for now, because I am not married.

I feel that I may get a job as a graduate in a State Internal Revenue agency. But I want to seek advice from people who may have worked there before. Do they pay well? As a graduate, will I earn up to 100k? If its less than 100k, would you advise me to go for it?

Summarily, Hoetl Manager and State Internal Revenue Staff, which one should I go for?

13 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by meetme01: 6:40am On Aug 17, 2020
ChildofFavor:
Currently, I am a duty/maintenance manager in a hotel and I earn about 100k monthly, the job is stressful as I only spend a night in my house every week, most times I sleep in the hotel because I work night. I am not complaining about the stress for now, because I am not married.

I feel that I may get a job as a graduate in a State Internal Revenue agency. But I want to seek advice from people who may have worked there before. Do they pay well? As a graduate, will I earn up to 100k? If its less than 100k, would you advise me to go for it?

Summarily, Hoetl Manager and State Internal Revenue Staff, which one should I go for?

I don't think you should be asking this question. Drop that managerial thought and accept the IRS job. There is really no job security in the former. The hotel can go bankrupt. Anything can happen and it goes down. The owner may die, political hustlers may decide to bring it down and all sorts.

Lots of opportunities in the State govt job. The salary may be small but that department, lots of hustle therein (drivers license, car particulars etc). With B.Sc you would be placed on level 8 step 2 and your take home would be betweem (52k-55k) that is, if your state is paying the new minimum wage. If not, minus 10K. In my state, that agency have special allowance every month. Government cannot fold up. They can owe you salary which they would definitely pay. You can further your studies. Career progression is imminent. Etc

244 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Turningmoon(f): 6:52am On Aug 17, 2020
Let me hear from the big mouths

1 Like

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by jacobnel(m): 7:06am On Aug 17, 2020
Maybe to answer manager dey hungry you.Abeg make you no dey ask that kind question. Hotel
Work no be work.its stressful and at the end of day ,they will pay you peanut as salary. You know fit compare them my brother. Assuming naa multinational company naa that one you for talk.Abeg Resigned the Hotel Job and go and resume your work in your State Inland Revenue Service where you go get better careers growth and opportunities. Within one year your life no go be the same
ChildofFavor:

17 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by lereinter(m): 9:15am On Aug 17, 2020
You feel

Mtchew
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Glaswegian: 10:09am On Aug 17, 2020
Internal Revenue job has more security.

27 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by philiancoop(m): 10:09am On Aug 17, 2020
OK.
Go for hotel. Later go open your own hotel using the experience

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by na2016: 10:10am On Aug 17, 2020
ChildofFavor:

OP: Pick this job: State Internal Revenue Staff. You will see the reason in a year or two

9 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by adonainana: 10:10am On Aug 17, 2020
Hmm tough choice, the hotel you work are you the a top manager there and is there signs that your salary may increase in the future

As funny as it sounds, hotel jobs are quite secured because no matter what hotel services are always in demand from travellers, students, runs girls, G boys, politicians and thier envoys, artisans, boyfriends and girlfriends etc

There is always moneythere although this covid 19 is changing a lot of things but the internal state job will not at first guarantee 100k starting salary and you will have to move up the ladder which takes years, by that time perhaps you could have probably became a top manager at the hotel and earn twice the 100k you earn now

So think about your career progression at the hotel first does it look like good

Besides hotels just don’t go bankrupt like that overnight, although the bigger hotels tend to feel any recession harder than the small hotels although they tend to make more money than the small hotels too when things was good anyway

So it depends oooo bro

26 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by newharddrives(m): 10:10am On Aug 17, 2020
Hmmm...
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by robosky02(m): 10:10am On Aug 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by amiibaby(f): 10:10am On Aug 17, 2020
Wait until u get the irs job before seeking our opinion

10 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by dalass(f): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2020
Too much money and peace of mind dey IRS job.. ..Hotel, well, you will be busy if the hotel has high patronage...police wahala sometimes...

Make up your mind grin
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Buharidgeneral: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2020
IRS now

1 Like

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by goodddnews(m): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2020
nothing like gov job and you can still do side job with it.

2 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 17, 2020
I have nothing to say
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Professorcplus(m): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2020
Truth be told, federal government job is still the surest.

Pardon my corrupt mind grin.
1. With little egunge from oga at the top, could sustain you and also save more.
2. If you're really determined, you can run your side business while doing govt job.
3. It opens more connection to other agencies if there's an opening.
4. The reality is there is always short cut to make more money, watch out for it.
5. You get opportunity to travel and even go on shift if you settle the right people.
6. You can grow your career and invest in your pension for old age.

2 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Deborah98(f): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
A bird at hand is worth more than two in the bush,oga have you secured the state internal revenue job already or are you still thinking and working on it,I suggest humbly you stay put with hotel job you are doing while making plans for a better paying job.

6 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by techmo(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
cool

State IRS

Hotel Jobs are like stepping stones not a full-time career

One day off, you mostly stand on your feet moving about, overly entitled irritating customers

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Barayeks(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
One man business or government job?

Lol...you better go for job security, the government job.

5 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Ekakamba: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
Accept the offers then compare and contrast, only then you'll know which one will favor you most.
All the best.

Sometimes I wonder how you guys think, so all government jobs are better than private jobs? SMH!
grin tongue

Barayeks:
One man business or government job?

Lol...you better go for job security, the government job.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Kingpele(m): 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
Chai,, I don't know why this boys always post stupid stuff here, don't know whether u are trying to brag in the midst of jobless folks that abound here... U wanna torment them... Is not fair.... But is folly to compare a private citizen establishment with government or public establishment... If u are not lazy... U should have known that government job will expose u to some experiences, u need to be more efficient and productive.. Like pursuing more education qualifications, u could even become director or even a commissioner... Always resist the urge to shalenye

3 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Lordsonn: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
How would a reasonable man compare managerial position in a local hotel with IRS job? This man doesn't have a future plan. Go for IRS job and stop comparing two unequal opportunities. IRS will not pay you up to 100k a month but it's far better. Kano State KIRS pay 65k for graduate entry but it is far better than any hotel job.

7 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by nurez305(m): 10:14am On Aug 17, 2020
If it is lagos state internal revenue job.... go with that immediately, but for other state , their pay are too low and not worth the stress.

But hotel manager get as it be ooo, you fit resume today and the owner of the hotel tell you to go tomorow ...

All in all, state revenue job is better than hotel manager

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Bode3: 10:14am On Aug 17, 2020
Get the IRS job first, see the content of the deeds of employment first. Then ask for opinion if u still seem confused on what u could do.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by dondodo: 10:14am On Aug 17, 2020
My sister works with Kogi State Revenue House and I can tell you that u should take The Hotel Job and Reject Government Job, because u can be sacked at anytime.i mean anytime

2 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Eriggs: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2020
IRS
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by OndoFirstBorn(m): 10:15am On Aug 17, 2020
meetme01:

I don't think you should be asking this question. Drop that managerial thought and accept the IRS job. There is really no job security in the former. The hotel can go bankrupt. Anything can happen and it goes down. The owner may die, political hustlers may decide to bring it down and all sorts.

Lots of opportunities in the State govt job. The salary may be small but that department, lots of hustle therein (drivers license, car particulars etc). With B.Sc you would be placed on level 8 step 2 and your take home would be betweem (52k-55k) that is, if your state is paying the new minimum wage. If not, minus 10K. In my state, that agency have special allowance every month. Government cannot fold up. They can owe you salary which they would definitely pay. You can further your studies. Career progression is imminent. Etc

Well said
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by RTSC: 10:15am On Aug 17, 2020
In this current Nigeria, the only thing comparable to a govt job is multi national companies.

Even then, I may still even pick govt job over it.

8 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by ForeThinker: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2020
undecided
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by RTSC: 10:16am On Aug 17, 2020
dondodo:
My sister works with Kogi State Revenue House and I can tell you that u should take The Hotel Job and Reject Government Job, because u can be sacked at anytime.i mean anytime
Kogi is an anomaly.

Govt job is secured in most states.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get Job Offers Via Linkedin / The Amazing Way I Got A Job With A Poor Grade / U.S. Embassy In Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (15 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.