Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Bibilical Gender Roles - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bibilical Gender Roles (1874 Views)

Summary Of Gender Roles In The 21st Century - Opinion / IWD2020: How Can We Achieve A Society Without Gender Roles? / Love And Relationships: Do Gender Roles Hurt? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
Good evening peeps,

As always, I stumbled grin on this site a while back and visited again yesterday.

The site/blog is marriage/ gender role based owned by an anonymous American who talks about gender roles in line with his interpretation of the Bible. He has a summary of twenty points on gender roles which I would like to share here. I would like Christians to identify the one they agree/ disagree with.

Disclaimer: This thread is for Christians ONLY.

20 Doctrines Regarding Biblical Gender Roles
1. In Genesis 9:6 we read that man, as in mankind, men and women, are made “in the image of God.” However, the Bible tells us that male human beings are not just made in the image of God, but it tells us in I Corinthians 11:7 of the male human being that “he IS THE image and glory of God“. What this means is that while men and women equally reflect God’s nature in their common human traits they diverge in equally reflecting God in their distinct male and feminine traits. In other words, God’s nature is most accurately reflected by the masculine human nature, not the feminine human nature. This is why God is always referenced in the masculine sense as a Father, a Son or a Husband in the Bible and should always be referenced by us in the masculine sense and not in the feminine sense.

2. For man to fully exercise the image of God in him as a husband and a father he needed another being that was similar to man but also very different than man. So God made woman as a subordinate companion and helper suitable for man because she would share a common human nature with him (Genesis 2:18-24, Genesis 3:16, I Corinthians 11:7-9, Ephesians 5:22-24).

3. God created woman and by extension marriage to model the relationship between himself and his people. This is why God is referred to as Israel’s husband in the Old Testament(Ezekiel 16:8, Jeremiah 31:31-33) and why Christ is referred to as the husband of the Church in the New Testament (2 Corinthians 11:2).

4. In marriage God has placed the husband as the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the Church so that man can exercise the leadership and authority attributes of God’s image in him(Ephesians 5:23).

5. In marriage God has not only placed husbands in authority over their wives, but he also given them ownership of their wives. The Hebrew word for marriage in the Old Testament is literally “to be owned” as in a woman coming to be owned by a man. When a man married a woman he became her “owner” and she became “owned by” him (Deuteronomy 22:22, Deuteronomy 24:1, Proverbs 12:4, Proverbs 31:10-11). In the New Testament we read that Christ “purchased” his bride, the Church as men had purchased their wives since the beginning of creation (Acts 20:28).

6. The husband/wife relationship is the only human authority relationship where God commands the one under authority to submit to the other as “unto the Lord” (Ephesians 5:22). Wives are commanded to submit to their husbands “in everything” (Ephesians 5:24) and in spiritual matters “…if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home…” (1 Corinthians 14:35). The only exception to a woman submitting to her husband in everything is if he asks her to disobey God’s law (Acts 5:29).

7. In marriage God has given the husband the responsibility to be the provider for his wife so that he can exercise God’s attribute of being a provider for his people(Exodus 21:10-11, Ephesians 5:29).

8. In marriage God has given the husband the responsibility to be the protector of his wife so that he can exercise God’s attribute of being a protector for his people(Nehemiah 4:14, Luke 11:21, Ephesians 5:29).

9. In marriage God has called on men to love their wives not only by leading them, providing for them and protecting them but he has also called men to give themselves up to sacrificially love their wife by washing her spiritual and spots and wrinkles to make her the glorious wife God intends her to be (Ephesians 5:25-27). This means if a husband is loving his wife as Christ loves the Church he will do as Christ does to his Churches and “rebuke and chasten” (Revelation 3:19) his wife. In other words he will discipline his wife.

10. God made woman as “the weaker vessel”(I Peter 3:7) or weaker human so that woman would need man’s leadership, protection and provision as God’s people need his leadership, protection and provision. When a woman desires a man to lead her, protect her and provide for her these desires are part of her God given design.

11. God made woman to bear man’s children and be the keeper of the home (Proverbs 31:27, 1 Timothy 5:14, Titus 2:4-5). When a woman strongly desires to bear children this desire is part of her God given design. When a woman desires to make her home beautiful and wants to organize it this is also part of her God given design.

12. God made woman beautiful and he designed man to desire the beauty of woman because God desires the beauty of his people (Psalm 45:11). When a woman desires to make herself beautiful this is because God has placed this strong desire in her so that she will make herself beautiful for man.

13. God made woman to desire and receive sexual pleasure from her husband to bring him pleasure (Song of Solomon 2:3-13). But God also designed her as the gatekeeper of sex so that she would only desire sex within the confines of marriage (Deuteronomy 22:13-29).

14. God made woman to bring man pleasure because God desires pleasure (Proverbs 5:18-19, Revelation 4:11).

15. God made man to strongly desire pleasure, especially sexual pleasure to image God’s own desire for pleasure (Revelation 4:11).

16. God compares a man’s desire for sex to our human desire for water (Proverbs 5:15). To this end God commands that men drink their fill of and satisfy themselves “at all times” with the sexual well that is their wife’s body and he commands them to be ravished (intoxicated) with her love (Proverbs 18:19).

17. God says that husbands and wives have the responsibility to render their bodies to one another for their sexual pleasure in marriage (I Corinthians 7:3). God also states that husbands and wives have the power to take sexual pleasure in their spouse’s body in marriage (I Corinthians 7:3). There is no requirement that both the husband and wife must mutually desire sex to have sex. In fact, the only time there must be mutual consent regarding sex in marriage is for the couple to mutually agree to stop having sex for a short time (I Corinthians 7:5).

18. Man and woman were designed to come together as one flesh in marriage (Genesis 2:24) to help man fully image God. This is why God’s first command to mankind was to “Be fruitful, and multiply” (Genesis 1:28). To fulfill this command, men and women must marry, have sex and thereby have children.

19. Celibacy is God’s exception to his rule that he wants men and women to marry and be fruitful and multiply. But we should only choose the celibate life if we truly have the “gift” (I Corinthians 7:7) for as the Scriptures say it “it is better to marry than to burn” (I Corinthians 7:9) with desire for marriage than to remain celibate with this God given desire for marriage.

20. Because man is God’s image bearer it is God’s design that men should rule over women in all areas of life including the home (Ephesians 5:22-24, I Peter 3:1-6), the church (1 Timothy 2:12, 1 Corinthians 14:34) and in society (Isaiah 3:12, I Corinthians 11:3). In other words, Patriarchy is not just a cultural tradition of ages past, but it is in fact God’s design for society. This is why God only allowed male priests(Leviticus 21) in Israel and he only allows male pastors in the Church (1 Timothy 3:1-4). This is why all twelve of Christ’s Apostles were male and even his replacement for Judas was male. Female prophets were God’s exception to his rule that women should never occupy any position of authority spiritual or otherwise over men.

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/biblical-gender-roles/

LewsTherin, TV01 (Is he still here?), serubawon, Bellong, Thorpido, Ishilove

Mbok tag other Bible/Christian scholars.

2 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
yvelchstores, Acidosis
Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Lazycyndy(f): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

[b]1.In Genesis 9:6 we read that man, as in mankind, men and women, are made “in the image of God.” However, the Bible tells us that male human beings are not just made in the image of God, but it tells us in I Corinthians 11:7 of the male human being that “he IS THE image and glory of God“. What this means is that while men and women equally reflect God’s nature in their common human traits they diverge in equally reflecting God in their distinct male and feminine traits. In other words, God’s nature is most accurately reflected by the masculine human nature, not the feminine human nature. This is why God is always referenced in the masculine sense as a Father, a Son or a Husband in the Bible and should always be referenced by us in the masculine sense and not in the feminine sense.

2. For man to fully exercise the image of God in him as a husband and a father he needed another being that was similar to man but also very different than man. So God made woman as a subordinate companion and helper suitable for man because she would share a common human nature with him (Genesis 2:18-24, Genesis 3:16, I Corinthians 11:7-9, Ephesians 5:22-24).

3. God created woman and by extension marriage to model the relationship between himself and his people. This is why God is referred to as Israel’s husband in the Old Testament(Ezekiel 16:8, Jeremiah 31:31-33) and why Christ is referred to as the husband of the Church in the New Testament (2 Corinthians 11:2).

4. In marriage God has placed the husband as the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the Church so that man can exercise the leadership and authority attributes of God’s image in him(Ephesians 5:23).

5. In marriage God has not only placed husbands in authority over their wives, but he also given them ownership of their wives. The Hebrew word for marriage in the Old Testament is literally “to be owned” as in a woman coming to be owned by a man. When a man married a woman he became her “owner” and she became “owned by” him (Deuteronomy 22:22, Deuteronomy 24:1, Proverbs 12:4, Proverbs 31:10-11). In the New Testament we read that Christ “purchased” his bride, the Church as men had purchased their wives since the beginning of creation (Acts 20:28).

6. The husband/wife relationship is the only human authority relationship where God commands the one under authority to submit to the other as “unto the Lord” (Ephesians 5:22). Wives are commanded to submit to their husbands “in everything” (Ephesians 5:24) and in spiritual matters “…if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home…” (1 Corinthians 14:35). The only exception to a woman submitting to her husband in everything is if he asks her to disobey God’s law (Acts 5:29).

7. In marriage God has given the husband the responsibility to be the provider for his wife so that he can exercise God’s attribute of being a provider for his people(Exodus 21:10-11, Ephesians 5:29).

8. In marriage God has given the husband the responsibility to be the protector of his wife so that he can exercise God’s attribute of being a protector for his people(Nehemiah 4:14, Luke 11:21, Ephesians 5:29).

9. In marriage God has called on men to love their wives not only by leading them, providing for them and protecting them but he has also called men to give themselves up to sacrificially love their wife by washing her spiritual and spots and wrinkles to make her the glorious wife God intends her to be (Ephesians 5:25-27). This means if a husband is loving his wife as Christ loves the Church he will do as Christ does to his Churches and “rebuke and chasten” (Revelation 3:19) his wife. In other words he will discipline his wife.

10. God made woman as “the weaker vessel”(I Peter 3:7) or weaker human so that woman would need man’s leadership, protection and provision as God’s people need his leadership, protection and provision. When a woman desires a man to lead her, protect her and provide for her these desires are part of her God given design.

11. God made woman to bear man’s children and be the keeper of the home (Proverbs 31:27, 1 Timothy 5:14, Titus 2:4-5). When a woman strongly desires to bear children this desire is part of her God given design. When a woman desires to make her home beautiful and wants to organize it this is also part of her God given design.

12. God made woman beautiful and he designed man to desire the beauty of woman because God desires the beauty of his people (Psalm 45:11). When a woman desires to make herself beautiful this is because God has placed this strong desire in her so that she will make herself beautiful for man.

13. God made woman to desire and receive sexual pleasure from her husband to bring him pleasure (Song of Solomon 2:3-13). But God also designed her as the gatekeeper of sex so that she would only desire sex within the confines of marriage (Deuteronomy 22:13-29).

14. God made woman to bring man pleasure because God desires pleasure (Proverbs 5:18-19, Revelation 4:11).

15. God made man to strongly desire pleasure, especially sexual pleasure to image God’s own desire for pleasure (Revelation 4:11).

16. God compares a man’s desire for sex to our human desire for water (Proverbs 5:15). To this end God commands that men drink their fill of and satisfy themselves “at all times” with the sexual well that is their wife’s body and he commands them to be ravished (intoxicated) with her love (Proverbs 18:19).

17. God says that husbands and wives have the responsibility to render their bodies to one another for their sexual pleasure in marriage (I Corinthians 7:3). God also states that husbands and wives have the power to take sexual pleasure in their spouse’s body in marriage (I Corinthians 7:3). There is no requirement that both the husband and wife must mutually desire sex to have sex. In fact, the only time there must be mutual consent regarding sex in marriage is for the couple to mutually agree to stop having sex for a short time (I Corinthians 7:5).

18. Man and woman were designed to come together as one flesh in marriage (Genesis 2:24) to help man fully image God. This is why God’s first command to mankind was to “Be fruitful, and multiply” (Genesis 1:28). To fulfill this command, men and women must marry, have sex and thereby have children.

19. Celibacy is God’s exception to his rule that he wants men and women to marry and be fruitful and multiply. But we should only choose the celibate life if we truly have the “gift” (I Corinthians 7:7) for as the Scriptures say it “it is better to marry than to burn” (I Corinthians 7:9) with desire for marriage than to remain celibate with this God given desire for marriage.

20. Because man is God’s image bearer it is God’s design that men should rule over women in all areas of life including the home (Ephesians 5:22-24, I Peter 3:1-6), the church (1 Timothy 2:12, 1 Corinthians 14:34) and in society (Isaiah 3:12, I Corinthians 11:3). In other words, Patriarchy is not just a cultural tradition of ages past, but it is in fact God’s design for society. This is why God only allowed male priests(Leviticus 21) in Israel and he only allows male pastors in the Church (1 Timothy 3:1-4). This is why all twelve of Christ’s Apostles were male and even his replacement for Judas was male. Female prophets were God’s exception to his rule that women should never occupy any position of authority spiritual or otherwise over men.[/b]

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/biblical-gender-roles/

LewsTherin, TV01 (Is he still here?), serubawon, Bellong, Thorpido, Ishilove

Mbok tag other Bible/Christian scholars.

All these are some of the reasons why I left Christianity, the Bible is just a book written by men and for men in line with a higher power (God) as justification for their misogyny.

2 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
I will comment when I have found a man lol.Nice thread

2 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Biglittlelois(f): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

[s]Disclaimer: This thread is for Christians ONLY.[/s]

This thread will be ideal in the religious section,

Seun lalasticlala mynd44, pls move this thread to the religious section so that there will meaningful comments and discussions from Christians only.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Unnerve: 5:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lol @your disclaimer.

Anticipating the reactions cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lazycyndy:

All these are some of the reasons why I left Christianity, the Bible is just a book written by men and for men in line with a higher power (God) as justification for their misogyny.

Don't quote everything naw for this small comment, jeez!

Anyways, this is one person's interpretation of the scriptures he has chosen.
Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by dingbang(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Zzor:
wow, here I am.
Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
Unnerve:
Lol @your disclaimer.

Anticipating the reactions cheesy

Even the owner of the blog is scared for his life and runs the blog anonymously. cheesy

I want intelligent discussions:

If you don't agree with point 2, tell me/the author I don't because of XYZ.
Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Lazycyndy(f): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

Don't quote everything naw for this small comment, jeez!

I am quoting it all to show that i strongly don't agree with everything written up there.

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 6:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lazycyndy:

I am quoting it all to show that i strongly don't agree with everything written up there.

cheesy grin
Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by LewsTherin: 7:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Once I saw the mention all I could say was "Bukatyne has come again" grin

Few things divide opinion the way Christianity and the Bible do.

Also the diverse possible interpretations of the text of the Bible can be as close as a Baptist and a Methodist or as vast as a Pentecostal and a Jehovah's Witness.

But I'm a simple man. Love your wife and sacrifice for her as Christ did for His Church. That's good enough for me.

It's apparently good enough for my Lady too.

7 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by yvelchstores(f): 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
@bukatyne thank you for the tag. This is such an interesting read.
If scripture is clear on a matter and one chooses to argue against then he or she doesn't know God and is not a follower.

It's a no Brainer, a woman should be under HER man (not under all men, scripture says her man/husband)

Its funny how some sisters in church carry feminism on their head. Why carry on your head the very doctrine that goes against the word of God. Such are foxes in the vine.

The last point is the only one that I don't completely understand. Jesus had male disciples to start the early church but I think there emerged other leaders in the early church who may or may not have held leadership roles who were female. Apostle Paul mentioned some women, tho they were not the preachers but they were helpers in the work. I will leave the last point for God.

4 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
LewsTherin:
1. Once I saw the mention all I could say was "Bukatyne has come again" grin

2. Few things divide opinion the way Christianity and the Bible do.

Also the diverse possible interpretations of the text of the Bible can be as close as a Baptist and a Methodist or as vast as a Pentecostal and a Jehovah's Witness.

3. But I'm a simple man. Love your wife and sacrifice for her as Christ did for His Church. That's good enough for me.

4. It's apparently good enough for my Lady too.

1. cry shocked embarassed Get used to it.

2. True, some of the guy's stance on divorce, adultery, husband/wife relationship, masturbation etc amongst others is..... different.

3. I have come to realize same too. That's why I don't fancy the religious section. I read some thesis with people juxtaposing with Greek and Hebrew Bible and I go 'o Lord! '.

4. kiss
Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 8:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
yvelchstores:
@bukatyne thank you for the tag. This is such an interesting read.
If scripture is clear on a matter and one chooses to argue against then he or she doesn't know God and is not a follower.

It's a no Brainer, a woman should be under HER man (not under all men, scripture says her man/husband)

Its funny how some sisters in church carry feminism on their head. Why carry on your head the very doctrine that goes against the word of God. Such are foxes in the vine.

The last point is the only one that I don't completely understand. Jesus had male disciples to start the early church but I think there emerged other leaders in the early church who may or may not have held leadership roles who were female. Apostle Paul mentioned some women, tho they were not the preachers but they were helpers in the work. I will leave the last point for God.

You are welcome.

@20: He believes women should not be pastors, have any leadership position in the church or exercise any authority over men. An example would be to lead prayers, tell the men to do anything, preach to men, teach men etc.

We have the likes of Deborah who he treated as an exception.

3 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by truespeak: 8:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
God did not create woman inferior or lesser than man. Man is male and female, male and female, created him them.

Man and woman was meant to complement each other exactly as your left and right hand, or your feet. None greater than the other but working together for the common good.

But with the fall of eve in eating the fruit, and in causing her husband to eat the fruit, she racked up offences that day, real greivous offences for by that act, she had disregarded God and caused her husband to disregard and disobey God and brought in Evil and Death into all man against the Good and Life that man was to enjoy in perpetuity, thereby causing God great pain and sorrows which caused God to curse her with multiple sorrows and lowered her and placed the man over her.

It is the effect of that curse which women are suffering even today.

However, God is Very Good indeed, if you are excellent in well doing and distinguish yourself, and please the Lord that made thee, you shall be lifted up and returned right back to original settings.

Exactly as is written " A woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised"

These are the ways of the women like Deborah who was an exception to the rule !

3 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

1. cry shocked embarassed Get used to it.

2. True, some of the guy's stance on divorce, adultery, husband/wife relationship, masturbation etc amongst others is..... different.

3. I have come to realize same too. That's why I don't fancy the religious section. I read some thesis with people juxtaposing with Greek and Hebrew Bible and I go 'o Lord! '.

4. kiss

no man who is a true Christian will defend masturbation, divorce, homosexuality,
transgender and feminism and all manner of antichristian doctrine.
A true Christian does not follow opinions of man, Jesus himself never did.

What we have today is that all manner of fake pastors, prophets and fake Christians has invaded Christiandom but one thing is sure by their fruit they shall be known

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

You are welcome.

@20: He believes women should not be pastors, have any leadership position in the church or exercise any authority over men. An example would be to lead prayers, tell the men to do anything, preach to men, teach men etc.

We have the likes of Deborah who he treated as an exception.
Deborah was never a pastor leading a church.
There is no single female pastor in the bible leading a church no not one, not even Jesus appointed a female Apostle, some think Jesus was just following a norm but that is not true Jesus was very bold and clearly denounce things that was not in line with the will of God.
A woman can be pastor over women to teach them but not over men.

5 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by truespeak: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lazycyndy:

I understand how you feel. I used to be put off too when I lacked understanding until I got to know and understand that God is Good, I call Him Mr Good and He does no evil!

That got me asking Him for understanding of these things. For with understanding came knowledge and with knowledge, I now work in that knowledge and I am happy to report that He is indeed good if only you understand Him and work with Him for your good.

He rewards Good Always and Punishes Evil which He Hates!

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
solite3:
no man who is a true Christian will defend masturbation, divorce, homosexuality,
transgender and feminism and all manner of antichristian doctrine.
A true Christian does not follow opinions of man, Jesus himself never did.

What we have today is that all manner of fake pastors, prophets and fake Christians has invaded Christiandom but one thing is sure by their fruit they shall be known

Not support per say. According to him (with biblical references)

1. Divorce: a wife can only divorce for lack of provision from her husband and sexual denial. She cannot divorce for adultery while a husband can only divorce for adultery. He supports polygamy so a man is expected to marry another wife and not divorce his first wife because she denies him sex.

2. Adultery: a man only commits adultery when he sleeps with a married woman. He is a whoremonger when he sleeps with a single lady. And it is against God and not the wife. Any sex outside marriage for the wife is adultery. Husband can divorce wife, wife cannot divorce husband for adultery.

3. A husband can correct and discipline his wife by spanking also called Christian Domestic Discipline, seizing her credit cards, etc etc. A wife cannot correct talk less of disciplining the husband. If he is doing something wrong, she pleads, prays etc.

4. Masturbation: not a sin because it is with yourself. Going to strip clubs, phone intimacy etc are however wrong.

@ Number 3: While I think the marriage atmosphere in the West is too gynocentric pandering to the wives without recourse to the husbands, I was very happy to note that he cautioned his followers to be mindful of the law when pursuing Christian Domestic Discipline. I was truly happy for the Western marriage atmosphere for once. Every bad dog truly has its day.

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by truespeak: 9:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
solite3:
There is no single female pastor in the bible leading a church no not one, not even Jesus appointed a female Apostle, some think Jesus was just following a norm but that is not true Jesus was very bold and clearly denounce things that was not in line with the will of God.

True, Deborah was not a pastor in the sense it is used today. She was greater. A Judge over the People of God, one who judged between right and wrong and whom the leaders of Isreal came to for the Word of God. A prophetess and a woman of God!

2 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 9:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
truespeak:

I understand how you feel. I used to be put off too when I lacked understanding until I got to know and understand that God is Good, I call Him Mr Good and He does no evil!

That got me asking Him for understanding of these things. For with understanding came knowledge and with knowledge, I now work in that knowledge and I am happy to report that He is indeed good if only you understand Him and work with Him for your good.

He rewards Good Always and Punishes Evil which He Hates!

This is very key.

My people perish for lack of knowledge: Hosea 4:6

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by truespeak: 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

This is very key.

My people perish for lack of knowledge: Hosea 4:6

Yes, indeed. They regrettably do!
Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 9:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
solite3:

Deborah led the whole nation of Isreal which is bigger than any Church.

@Female Apostles: Jesus was a single male, I don't know how feasible a female apostle would have been. There were however women close to him. My understanding: God calls whomever He wills.

If He does not require a woman to lead His people, she should stay put and function where she was called.

Unlike the worldly system, even the person sweeping the floor would get a befitting reward in Christ which is not geared to the quantity of work but quality.

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by bukatyne(f): 9:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
Zzor:

cheesy
Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by truespeak: 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
bukatyne:

@Female Apostles: Jesus was a single male, I don't know how feasible a female apostle would have been. There were however women close to him. My understanding: God calls whomever He wills.

If He does not require a woman to lead His people, she should stay put and function where she was called.

Unlike the worldly system, even the person sweeping the floor would get a befitting reward in Christ which is not geared to the quantity of work but quality.

He does @ the bolded.

You got it right, all shall be justly reward.

The littlest toe on your feet is not lesser, no does a less job compared to the others. They all work together jointly for the good of all!

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Annwrites: 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
All 20 point bears no truth. Just another post supporting male supremacy.

2 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Not support per say. According to him (with biblical references)

1. Divorce: a wife can only divorce for lack of provision from her husband and sexual denial. She cannot divorce for adultery while a husband can only divorce for adultery. He supports polygamy so a man is expected to marry another wife and not divorce his first wife because she denies him sex.

2. Adultery: a man only commits adultery when he sleeps with a married woman. He is a whoremonger when he sleeps with a single lady. And it is against God and not the wife. Any sex outside marriage for the wife is adultery. Husband can divorce wife, wife cannot divorce husband for adultery.

3. A husband can correct and discipline his wife by spanking also called Christian Domestic Discipline, seizing her credit cards, etc etc. A wife cannot correct talk less of disciplining the husband. If he is doing something wrong, she pleads, prays etc.

4. Masturbation: not a sin because it is with yourself. Going to strip clubs, phone intimacy etc are however wrong.

@ Number 3: While I think the marriage atmosphere in the West is too gynocentric pandering to the wives without recourse to the husbands, I was very happy to note that he cautioned his followers to be mindful of the law when pursuing Christian Domestic Discipline. I was truly happy for the Western marriage atmosphere for once. Every bad dog truly has its day.

these things he or she said are not Christian in anyway.
Well, you said the western marriage is too gynocentric and at the same time happy for it
The problem many are trying to reinterpret the Christian marriage according to worldly standard.

In the bible, the head of the woman is the man but the head of the man is Christ and the head of Christ is God.
Christ leadership was patterned after God the Father, so the leadership of the man should be patterned after Christ.

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
truespeak:

True, Deborah was not a pastor in the sense it is used today. She was greater. A Judge over the People of God, one who judged between right and wrong and whom the leaders of Isreal came to for the Word of God. A prophetess and a woman of God!
You cant compare the old testament to the new, the new testament is greater than the old testament.
John the Baptist was the greatest prophet ever yet the smallest in the kingdom (the church) is greater than John the baptist.
Apple and orange, Israel is not the Christian church.
Do you know that David himself is not even qualified to lead the church? Because David was a polygamist but yet David was a a king in Israel.

1 Like

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
bukatyne:

lol Israel is not bigger than the church.
The church is the body of Christ not Israel.

The system of Israel is different from the church,
Even David himself was not qualify to lead the church but he was a king in Israel.
Remember peter was married and many other disciples, it was only paul that was single.

The problem is in the church is that many have left biblical faith for worldliness.
Leadership in the church is different from worldly leadership.

Reward in the kingdom of God is not base on position.

The Christian ministry is like a race, it is not enough to run but one must run according to the rules or else such a one will be disqualified

Many are running according to their own rules instead of God's rules as stated in the bible.

4 Likes

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by mutter(f): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Like many Christians I was constantly reading and quoting sections in the bible.
Somewhere along the line I did a course in Theology and I went back to read my bible with a better understanding.
Many women don't know what submission means and why they should submit to a man.
They have real issues with submission.
So too it is not quite understood that the man has a much higher obligation imposed on him than the woman. He has to protect her with his life.
I have made a video on this and I'd be glad of you watch and comment...and perhaps this will lead a few women to submit with purpose.
This advice is also compatable to other religions.
We need to save the marriage institution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJZT2eTTRoQ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bibilical Gender Roles by truespeak: 4:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
solite3:
You cant compare the old testament to the new, the new testament is greater than the old testament.
John the Baptist was the greatest prophet ever yet the smallest in the kingdom (the church) is greater than John the baptist.
Apple and orang, Israel is not the Christian church.
Do you know that David himself is not even qualified to lead the church? Because David was a polygamist but yet David was a a king in Israel.

God's Word remains His Word whether it is His Word commonly referred to as Old Testament or referred to as New Testament.

And, it is God who determines who is greater, and it is always His to determine.

No man can validly do so, for no man placed himself in his place but God in His Sole Discretion places man where He wills.

Neither, did any man make himself to determine his rank or position.

It is the Right and Power of His Maker to place or rank him.

It is also within the Power of His Maker to Place another in his place as it is written "He setteth up one and He putteth down, and placeth another in His place"

He chooses whom He wills, whomsoever, whenever, however, and none can circumscribe Him nor instruct Him!

And can unchoose also at His Pleasure!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does A Baby Placenta Truly Disappear When Buried? / Beyonce And The New Generation Of "bootylicious Kids" / Women Who Choose To Have Cesarean . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.